Suboxone flexeril and xanax
    whydidistart is offline New Member

Default Suboxone flexeril and xanax

Suboxone flexeril and xanax is this a bad mixture?

Denny_D is offline Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by whydidistart View Post
    Suboxone flexeril and xanax is this a bad mixture?
    Suboxone and Zanaz can literally take your breath away. This is a very bad combination. Denny

Default response to ?

The last poster said Zantac I believe not Xanax. Two different meds. However, Xanax in combo with Suboxone and Flexeril will def. interact. They will make u very sleepy for one. Xanax is a potent benzo., I take it myself for panic disorder. Flexeril is a strong muscle relaxer, non-habit forming (although I have known ppl to abuse it for whatever strange reason) and Suboxone I am assuming u know that is used to help ween addicts, but it comes with its own addiction potential. Are u getting these prescribed to u or getting them off the streets? Not trying to be nosey, but if a doctor has written u scripts for these there are reasons obviously. I would not take them together. Def. space your doses out. Xanax has a very short half life so it is a short acting drug, but it is the most addicting out of all the benzos.

U need to be very careful about taking these meds, esp. if u are taking them for recreational reasons. I hope u are not. That said, assuming they are prescribed, follow proper dosing instructions and if not prescribed, don't go down that road b/c it will be a hellish one. Xanax withdrawal is awful. Worse than a narcotic w/d and lasts longer. I went through it once when I ran out of medicine on vacation and could not get my script refilled until I got home to see the doctor. I was 6 days into it and was shaking, vomiting, sweating and extremely moody, but luckily I got my refill and that halted that nonsense. Doctor told me I should have come in before I left, but it was a last min. trip, a surprise trip and did not even think about my Xanax and how I might run out. Should have went to the ER and got a small script to get me through, but I did not have health insurance. Xanax is the type of medicine u need to taper off of, esp. if u have been taking it regularly or in high doses (I take 2mg pills 2x day AS NEEDED, and luckily I don't need them everyday). I have been on Xanax for awhile, and it helps me tremendously with my panic attacks and does not get me "high" unlike others b/c of my medical condition. It just makes me feel normal, stops my panic attacks and my racing heart so I can function, not dopey or high, but I know ppl that take them for recreational reasons get a "super high" off them and they get hooked pretty quickly and then it puts u to sleep for awhile after the buzz. Just be careful with these man. Sub. and Xanax are highly addictive and Flexeril will just augment your doped up condition. These can kill u, esp. if taken together, so plz be safe and God Bless!
    Last edited by primetimegrape; 08-22-2011 at 05:43 PM. Reason: word changes

Denny_D is offline Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Denny_D View Post
    Suboxone and Zanaz can literally take your breath away. This is a very bad combination. Denny
    Yes, I meant to say Zanax.