(Suboxone)Does'nt work
    styles353 is offline New Member

Default (Suboxone)Does'nt work

I just posted a thread on Opiate addiction and clearly i see everyone on this site struggling with Suboxone.It does not work I went through the same thing. It is an enabler for most people.

Methadone is the only disciplined way to deal with opiate addiction.You have to get up every morning and drive to a clinic and get administered your dose by a pharmacist.Not to mention you have to go to groups and your drug tested.

When your on methadone you dont fell high,you have no craving whatsoever.

I was on suboxone for 2yrs and I used every time I could!!

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by styles353 View Post
    I just posted a thread on Opiate addiction and clearly i see everyone on this site struggling with Suboxone.It does not work I went through the same thing. It is an enabler for most people.

Methadone is the only disciplined way to deal with opiate addiction.You have to get up every morning and drive to a clinic and get administered your dose by a pharmacist.Not to mention you have to go to groups and your drug tested.

I was on suboxone for 2yrs and I used every time I could!!

You said it yourself. You used every time you could on suboxone. That's your problem not the fault of suboxone.

There are WAY TOO MANY people here who have been successful using subs to get clean for your post to have ANY merit here. But Subs are a tool, not a magic pill. You have to decide to get clean regardless of whether subs exist or not, then they are simply used as a tool.

Subs have become the gold standard for opiate detox in the United States. I don't know where you are or who has directed you in your sub therapy. Your statement is WRONG plain and simple as this forum is walking/talking proof that subs DO work. It just so happens that it takes some participation from the patient.

Methadone is a "last resort" medication and should ONLY be used when all other options have been exhausted. That's the bottom line. The only people you see struggling with subs are the ones who got here recently after listening to some dr who didn't know what he was doing telling them the wrong way to use the medication. You don't base an entire type of therapy on some dumb drs making suggestions in error.

Here is the way I've suggested using subs here successfully for years. You're welcome to read the link and if you truly want help doing this successfully I'll be happy to help you regardless of your past experiences. All you have to do is follow the suggestions I give you and we will have you totally clean off the subs and all opiates is about 60 days or so. That is contingent on YOU deciding that you're NOT going to use other drugs every chance you get. If you're truly ready to get clean I can help you. The rest is up to you. Here is the link. Hope it helps. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

supermomhelp is offline Member

While I don't have any experience with Subs or Methadone, I do know well that every single one of us is different....our bodies chemistry, our reasons for using or getting off drugs, our levels of determination, all of it....and although it did not work for YOU I would guess it would be a safe assumption to say that this may not be the case for the entirety of the crowd on DDC.

Lets keep it our hope that as a collective group, we come up with the best possible game plan to work for US personally by trying, researching and gaining insight from others but do what WORKS for us to make us clean, drug free, and pull us to that brighter other side!!!

Blessings,
    Supermom

Freedom4me is offline Advanced Member

Robert,
    You forgot to post the link, lol. Senior moment?? lol. I have them all the time, darn, guess that means I am becoming senior!!

Styles,
    I have "seen" Roberts method work 100's of times here. You should give it a go. He will help you and you will be done in a matter of weeks. Just my opinion. So sorry you have had a bad experience.

RubyDean is offline Member

!!

Methadone gets you much 'higher' than suboxone when abused. This post is ludicrous. Suboxone certainly takes away 'cravings' as well, and can be tapered off much easier than Methadone. Like Robert said, 'methadone is a last resort...' Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but you are in the minority son.

styles ....... You said it yourself. You used every time you could on suboxone. That's your problem not the fault of suboxone.

There are WAY TOO MANY people here who have been successful using subs to get clean for your post to have ANY merit here. But Subs are a tool, not a magic pill. You have to decide to get clean regardless of whether subs exist or not, then they are simply used as a tool.

Subs have become the gold standard for opiate detox in the United States. I don't know where you are or who has directed you in your sub therapy. Your statement is WRONG plain and simple as this forum is walking/talking proof that subs DO work. It just so happens that it takes some participation from the patient.

Methadone is a "last resort" medication and should ONLY be used when all other options have been exhausted. That's the bottom line. The only people you see struggling with subs are the ones who got here recently after listening to some dr who didn't know what he was doing telling them the wrong way to use the medication. You don't base an entire type of therapy on some dumb drs making suggestions in error.

Here is the way I've suggested using subs here successfully for years. You're welcome to read the link and if you truly want help doing this successfully I'll be happy to help you regardless of your past experiences. All you have to do is follow the suggestions I give you and we will have you totally clean off the subs and all opiates is about 60 days or so. That is contingent on YOU deciding that you're NOT going to use other drugs every chance you get. If you're truly ready to get clean I can help you. The rest is up to you. Here is the link. Hope it helps. God bless. [/QUOTE]

Here is the link I failed to include in the above post. Hope it helps. Jenny ..... I think you are correct .... it was a "senior" moment. I hate being a senior but it beats the alternative.

http://www.drugs.com/forum/featured-...apy-50887.html
    Last edited by Robert_325; 11-13-2009 at 02:05 PM.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Brandy_37 is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom4me View Post
    Robert,
    You forgot to post the link, lol. Senior moment?? lol. I have them all the time, darn, guess that means I am becoming senior!!

Styles,
    I have "seen" Roberts method work 100's of times here. You should give it a go. He will help you and you will be done in a matter of weeks. Just my opinion. So sorry you have had a bad experience.
    I have read the method and would probably have to read it again to understand the dosages and such. But would you say that doing the suboxone method can be better done being away from your sources of the pain pills?

John Weelsen is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_325 View Post
    You said it yourself. You used every time you could on suboxone. That's your problem not the fault of suboxone.

There are WAY TOO MANY people here who have been successful using subs to get clean for your post to have ANY merit here. But suboxone are a tool, not a magic pill. You have to decide to get clean regardless of whether subs exist or not, then they are simply used as a tool.

Here is the way I've suggested using subs here successfully for years. You're welcome to read the link and if you truly want help doing this successfully I'll be happy to help you regardless of your past experiences. All you have to do is follow the suggestions I give you and we will have you totally clean off the subs and all opiates is about 60 days or so. That is contingent on YOU deciding that you're NOT going to use other drugs every chance you get. If you're truly ready to get clean I can help you. The rest is up to you. Here is the link. Hope it helps. God bless.
    I agree with you. My friend are taking subaxone and is work for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandy_37 View Post
    I have read the method and would probably have to read it again to understand the dosages and such. But would you say that doing the suboxone method can be better done being away from your sources of the pain pills?

Brandy .... I would ABSOLUTELY AGREE with you 100%!!! I always do my best to convince those starting on suboxone/subutex therapy to flush any pills they have left, give them away or whatever. Keeping a stash around "in case of an emergency" is a "reservation" and a reservation is a relapse just waiting to happen. That is simple common sense.

It also goes without saying that hanging around with other people, be it family, friends, or whoever that are still using drugs is also asking for trouble. We have to understand that subs are NOT miracle pills. We have to place ourselves in an environment that is conducive to achieving our plan.

The many people on this forum who have gotten clean successfully using suboxone are (without exception) people who had made their minds up to get clean and they would have gotten clean without the subs if they didn't exist.

It's very important to realize that suboxone is nothing more than a tool to aid us in achieving our goal to get clean. But being successful getting clean comes from having a burning desire, a goal, it comes from deciding that no matter what NOT being successful is NOT an option. Once it becomes the most important thing in our life, THEN we use suboxone to help us complete the process. This is when suboxone is an extremely valuable tool to help us be successful and end up as another success story getting clean.

Hope that makes sense and helps. God bless.

newyorkgal is offline Platinum Member

Ruby, you are correct that methadone will get you high when abused but when used properly it doesn't get you high at all. It is similar to sub in that it takes away cravings and keeps you normal. The BIG difference is that, if done correctly, you can be off sub within a few months with little w/d pain. Methadone is more for the long term and therefore much harder to quit. As supermom said, everyone is different with different needs. If you want it to work, sub will most definitely do the trick. If you've failed and relapsed and believe you NEED the discipline of going to a clinic almost every day, methadone would be your solution.

styles353 is offline New Member

I'm not the strongest willed person out ther thats for sure.So mabey the suboxone program was'nt the best for me BUT,if you have to be strong willed and determined to make suboxone work than you should be strong enough to not do drugs.

I'm not the strongest willed person out ther thats for sure.So mabey the suboxone program was'nt the best for me BUT,if you have to be strong willed and determined to make suboxone work than you should be strong enough to not do drugs.

That is no different than saying if it takes a strong will to make a diet successful then you shouldn't need a diet at all, you just shouldn't eat too much. Or if it takes a strong will to abstain from alcohol you shouldn't need AA, you should just stop drinking. Or if you need a strong will for Chantix to work helping you quit smoking you shouldn't need any help, you should be able to just stop smoking.

Most of us ARE NOT perfect and the aid of a medication to help us be successful makes perfect sense. Your philosophy makes no sense, you're just passing off the potential benefit of very good medications. Subs work great if a person is ready to receive the benefit they offer. God bless.

cferd is offline Member

I understand what the OP is trying to say. The premise that if you have enough will power left to take the subs responsibly, that it would mean you should also have the same ability to refrain from taking one's doc. As we all know, it doesn't work that way when it comes to addiction. It appears that like myself, unsupervised dosing is not the best option for the OP. Thus methadone is working better for him than Sub treatment at this time. The idea that sub doesn't work is only partially flawed, it works wonders for some people, and for others it does not. It doesn't take much time to realise just how many people have to come to this site and have done remarkably well. Henry comes to mind first, as his is the most recent success story. I would like to do half as well. I think a more appropriate title would be "sub didn't work for me" the fact that methadone has enabled you to stay out of active addiction is great. I am happy for you that your not continuing to suffer through using. I would ask that making generalised statements about one form of treatment as opposed to another be witheld, as there are enough horror stories and bad information out there already. There's no good that can come from such, the last thing we need to do is discourage another addict looking for help... On the otherhand, sharing your particular story and why it didn't work for you, and why another method did could really help someone and possibly save someone's life.

Anonymous Guest

i have personally tried counting off methadone, FAILED, in the end, i went back to using.
    I have found FOR ME, subs seem by far the best method of tapering down off opiates. Its the first time i have not abused my medication, ever.
    i know it is still an opiate, but the lack of sedation, and the complete lack of urges for drugs has made this stuff amazing in my books.
    counted from 14 to 1mg over 3-4 months, never could have done that on methadone.
    I guess the real test is when i get to zero, but at least on subs i have had no issues the whole way down, and that is awesome.
    i am still as they say "a high functioning addict" working, participating in life as usual, with no bad side effects of coming down as you would with methadone.
    SUBOXONE IS WORKING FOR ME.

YAY FOR SUBOXONE.

shybaybe2003 is offline Senior Member

Default my experience with subs- not good

well, this is just my own experience. if subs help others, great. my prob was i could not stick to the required dose. i kept taking more, then running out and i would go thru w/d. to me it was as bad as vicodin. my doc had me on 2mg twice daily, and for the life of me i couldnt stick to it. but then once i went off the subs, i started craving opiates again. so for me it is like a lose lose battle. but its great if it helps others.

bmob08 is offline New Member

Subs are the only thing that keep me going when im trying to get off oxys.They make me feel normal with no withdrawel symptoms what so ever.Its crazy how good they make you feel after doing an 80mg oxys everyday and then just quiting.By like some others have said,everybodys bodys are different and they may not work for everyone.But everybody i know that does them ahs had tremendous success and ill keep doing them until im off oxys for good.

Anonymous Guest

Hi bmob08
    I'm glad to hear your doing good on the subs it is just my option but I think if a person is really ready to stop the madness and wants to stop drugs, I think subs are a great tool...
    Keep us posted on how you are doing we would love to hear how your doing...
    Talk to you soon, Melinda

Brandy_37 is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_325 View Post
    Brandy .... I would ABSOLUTELY AGREE with you 100%!!! I always do my best to convince those starting on suboxone/subutex therapy to flush any pills they have left, give them away or whatever. Keeping a stash around "in case of an emergency" is a "reservation" and a reservation is a relapse just waiting to happen. That is simple common sense.

It also goes without saying that hanging around with other people, be it family, friends, or whoever that are still using drugs is also asking for trouble. We have to understand that subs are NOT miracle pills. We have to place ourselves in an environment that is conducive to achieving our plan.

The many people on this forum who have gotten clean successfully using suboxone are (without exception) people who had made their minds up to get clean and they would have gotten clean without the subs if they didn't exist.

It's very important to realize that suboxone is nothing more than a tool to aid us in achieving our goal to get clean. But being successful getting clean comes from having a burning desire, a goal, it comes from deciding that no matter what NOT being successful is NOT an option. Once it becomes the most important thing in our life, THEN we use suboxone to help us complete the process. This is when suboxone is an extremely valuable tool to help us be successful and end up as another success story getting clean.

Hope that makes sense and helps. God bless.
    Suboxone does sound like a wonder when used right! I do not understand the reason for use of pain pills. I take it it's like someone drinking alcohol to make their problems go away and get that high for a minute. Although with alcohol your of course not getting the same kind of high. I was planning on getting a book to help me better understand the mind and addiction. When do withdraws start for a person and how can you tell if they are withdrawing? Sweats? Any other obvious give aways to know if a person is really withdrawing?

macca1 is offline Member

i have just started on subs after being on methadone for 7 + years dont feel brilliant but its only my second day . so i will keep you posted on the progress over the next few days i have heared good things about subutex and want to stick it out.. methadone was ruining me and is very very hard to get off the longer you are on it.. i was on weekly takeout with methadone and the first thing i did was to give the methadone back to the chemist when i started the subs i dont want to see methadone again just need these subs to work ..
    Last edited by macca1; 11-24-2009 at 02:02 PM.

Default just my thoughts

im not exactly a pro but i am here for the same general reason as everyone else. that is that addiction to drugs has affected my life. for some it is a friend or loved one and for others it is them personally. i have noticed that a very common topic here on this forum is whether or not particular methods work or dont work for each individual. from that it has been established that some people feel meth is the way because "i tried suboxone/subutex and it didnt work for me" and sometimes the other way around. i think if a little more focus is put on the individual as opposed to the method it could be safe to say that maybe its not so specifically that one drug doesnt work as well as the other as much as maybe it is part of the process of getting clean as a whole. (youll have to bear with me im not so great with words and sometimes have an odd and loooong method of getting my point across. sorry about that) so to get to the point if someone uses suboxone and they relapse and use opiates again. i dont think that means suboxone was a failure. i think maybe the issue is that the individual wasnt ready to stop using. i believe that an addict MUST hit absolute rock bottom before they can begin their own personal road to recovery. i know this to be a FACT because i am an addict. today. yesterday. tomorrow. even 10 years from now if i havent used since my last day i will always be an addict. even if i am an addict that hasnt used in 10 years. for me, suboxone was the answer. not because suboxone is better than methadone but because i was ready to quit. and suboxone was what i used to begin my recovery. lets keep in mind that these drugs we are using, whatever one we chose are only to cushion the first phase of recovery. they are tools used to lessen the pains of w/d from our DOC so we can see for ourselves that we dont need that one thing we had to use to get by. to break the cycle. so we can comfortably get to the real hard part of staying clean. using these rx tools to stay clean is in my opinion not the answer. you must want andthen get to a point where staying clean is something that YOU do on your own. with your strength and desire for clean living as the REAL miracle drug. YOU MUST WANT TO BE CLEAN TO GET CLEAN! i think for those that try whatever method and end up using again are not seeing the big picture. if you think that you can go from using highly addictive drugs for a period of time to taking a pill that will make it go away are sadly mistaken. i hope this hasnt offended anyone but i feel that it is the addict wanting to get right that is the foundation of recovery. not a pill that makes you better. that is the addict inside talking out. because we lean on that drug for so long we lose sight of our own strength. its time to find that again. and then and only then can YOU use whatever tool to help YOU get straight. but YOU must want it to work because it wont do it for you.

already in use ..... good post. Same thing I've been saying for years. When someone is ready to get clean they'll do it regardless of what options are available to them. Subs are just a tool to get clean. If the person doesn't want it they won't succeed. I'm totally with you.

I don't agree with once an addict always an addict as I found salvation from addiction through Christ. But that is a personal thing for me. God bless.

Default also...

brandy there is a very good use for pain medication. its just something that needs to be taken in control and for the proper use. when i broke my back and 10 ribs bruised multiple organs and ruptured my spleen in a single incident pain medication was mandatory by all means. it was my abuse that lead to my problem at hand. there are many books available but i have found alot of helpful info here on the forum and there is a couple different versions of a worksheet called COWS that dr.s use to grade the severity of a persons w/ds. there are many symptoms and are different for each person.

and to macca glad to hear you have made a step forward in your situation. i hope the subs help you with your problem. you will find alot of help and support from folks on here as you move ahead. you should be careful with the program your doc may have you on. it is very common that drs are uneducated on the needed dosage to accomplish success with these medications. it seems that the pharm co.s have $ in their sights more then anything else. you should try to ask robert for some help in a more reasonable program. alot has been posted on this topic with a little looking around here youll find what you need to be feeling great and confident in no time!

i wish the best for both of you! its very important to educate yourself in the situations your in. youll find everything you need here from all the great folks posting. you both are off to a good start just by being here. wish i had found this sooner but more importantly i am happy where i am now. i hate to speak for someone else but im sure robert will help the both of you with any problems. this guy is a SAINT! all you have to do is want it bad! listen to what he has to say and follow the regiment. you will be happy you did!

Thanks for the kind words buddy. If I can help in any way let me know. I do this every day. God bless.

Default hey robert!

i think that stems from a dear friend of mine that told me once when he was struggling with alcoholism that
    "drinking is ok for some people but it doesnt work for me. i am an alcoholic and always will be so i must refrain from alcohol use."
    i think i may have adopted that from him to help me realize i have a problem with opiates and unless needed for proper use i should stay clear. also i have seen too many people get clean and say oh im fine now i can have one as long as i dont get addicted again. but to each his own ya know!