Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By controll
  • 1 Post By harleydm2006
  • 1 Post By babystimp
Suboxone Cold Turkey Your Life
    indycouple is offline Junior Member

Default Suboxone Cold Turkey Your Life

I wanted to post something for everyone to read, let me start off by saying i am not the best at writting, didn;t get a degree in english or whatever, but i hope i get my point across. I was taking anywhere from 30-50 Lotab 10/500 or Norco 10/325 per day. I had been doing this for the past 2 years or so, and my life was going downhill. It all started with just one pill, the feeling i had from that Lortab, made me feel so so good, i then started taking 2-3 a day, then over the weeks and months it kept going up, i was taking 20-30 a day, then i was taking 30-50 a day. See i was getting them for about $3 to $4 a pill, lets see, that is about 45 pills per day, about 315 pills per week, that is about $1200 bucks give or take a few, depending on who was saleing them to me. " I would never consider myself a drug addict " for the money i was spending i could have been using COCAINE! or something Better, how in the world was i spending $1200 a week on pills, what a ****ing joke. I can remember working every angle i could to make the money i needed to get the pills, i would get them from friends, i would get them from the internet! i would get them anyway i really could, i even took some from family. Waking up in the morning, having to have your fix, i couldn;t function right without them. The bank account was getting low, i could see my life going downhill, i have a nice house, nice cars, a beautiful wife, and 2 beautiful children, what was i doing. I would tell myself, you are suck a great person when you are on the pills, u can clean the house, make all this money, because you are motivated. The pills at first felt that way, made me feel like i could do anything, i was making 2-3 times the money i usually did, and i never did anything illegal to make the money, i sale alot on the internet. and just when i was on the pills, i was more motiviated to list items, and search ideas to make more money, but slowly but surely the bank account went down, the fights started with my wife, and it was going downhill. I started reading this forum about 3 months ago, and it really got me back on track, seeing that there are so many people like me out there, that have this problem, not just me. I am on Suboxone, but we will get to that. Just reading everything people have said here, gave me the strength to get the help i needed, i always told myself i could stop taking the pills on my own, and there were times i tried to stop taking them, either by choice or running out of pills, and that is the worst u can ever feel. you feel like u are going to die, your legs won;t stop shaking, your body is in shock. you have to have another pill, please give me another pill my mind says, my body wants one so bad. I think to myself, u can;t keep doing this, wasting a $1000 plus a week for what? to feel like ****, yes the pills after so long were not doing what they did in the beginning, when i first started i felt so great, but then before i stopped taking them, it was like i would take 3-4 of them at 1 time, that is alot, and it would take 4 of the pills to make me feel good the way 1 pill used too. I can remember driving all over town looking for them, calling everyone i know do u have pills, do u know where i can get pills, wasting my life away, wasting all my money that could have been going to my kids, the house my family. I finally got the courage, said **** this ****, and go see a Suboxone doctor spill your guts and get the help you need, alot of people will say they can;t afford to get on suboxone, but if you can afford to buy these pills on the street, or get to a doctor to give you lortab or norco, or percocet ect, then you have enough money, or can get the money to get your life straight, i know people will say going on Suboxone is trading one habit for the other, but i don;t agree, i went from 45 pills a day, to taking only 1 and 1/2 pills a day now, and i couldn;t feel better, i started on 2 pills a day, next month will go down to 1 pill a day for the month, untill i am off of them, and i will be drug free! This Forum here saved my life, saved my family, the Suboxone gave me back my life, and if you choose to go on it, it will help u too, some people say go cold turkey, i tried that, couldn;t do it, and i see so many posts here, people saying i am strong, i can do cold turkey, i don;t need another drug like suboxone, then u never see them post again, or they admit they couldn;t do it. not saying u can;t stop with cold turkey, but it is hell. get the help u need, if i can do it, you can do it, i am a male, a man that thinks he can do anything, i was nervous, but i went to the doctor, told him everything, the nurse says " what are u taking the Lortab 10/500 for " I almost laugh and say " for the fun of it " Doc comes in says, bla bla bla, i tell him bla bla bla, gives me the help i need and u are on your way.
    When you are on suboxone u can;t get high on your pills anymore, so throw them away, you won;t even want your pills anymore, i have 2 full bottles of lortab 10/500 here 120 count bottles, have had them here for the past 2 months now, and don;t even look at them, don;t even touch them, but it would be a waste i guess to flush $800 worth of pills. Take a look at your life, if you need the help get it, Suboxone will help u, alot of people don;t like the idea, but personally i think they are the ones who are not wanting to see a doctor to get help, or think they can stop on there own, this drug, the drug of your choice is strong, stronger then you. and you know it, just think about it, have u tried to stop taking them? what happened? yes the pill won didn;t it. Getting the suboxone is like getting a body gaurd, it will save your life, get you back on track, take the cravings away, take the withdrawl away. it will take care of you. I am sorry i wrote so much, but wanted to share something with everyone who has given me so much, this forum, the people who have wrote so much, has saved my life. You guys are my N/A serious. I think just reading these pages from time to time keep me strong too, i see posts and say, yep that was me, i did that, hey did i write that one, nope just another person just like me, looking for help, if you really want the help u will find it, when u really wanted those pills to get high, you found a way to get them didn;t ya? Ok i better stop writting, i don;t want to put anyone to sleep, but if i can get off the pills u can do it too, if you choose suboxone u are gonna be pleased, if you choose cold turkey, you better be ready for the ride of your life a hell ride, but no matter what u do, stay strong, and get the help u need, the people here on this forum are here to help, we are all here to share and help. life is short, be strong and take your life back. I am about to cry, honestly feel like i owe my life to this forum. you guys are the best. For every person who gets clean, it is a better day in this world. I wish everyone a safe and happy life. Hey YOU! yes you, the person reading this right now, take a look at your life, pause for a min, and think about it, yes you, GET THE HELP U NEED! OK if you made it this far through this BOOK! then maybe u want the help, get the help. YOU CAN DO IT

One Day at a time I think again and again of how i can be free from this.

mpvt is offline Platinum Member

Glad to see the suboxone is working for you.Don't forget to give yourself a pat on the back too.Congrats and good luck.....Dave

PoppyQueen is offline Member

Gotta tell you Indy, that was an awesome post. You are one of the folks that inspired me! Anyone who can take 30 - 50 pills a day and then just get over it instantly with Suboxone is very convincing. You should get a kickback from the drug company

I'm so glad to hear you are still on it--me too, 3 weeks now. I also take 1-1/2 and plan on dropping 2mgs. on Monday. Sub. does make me tired and I can't poop! A minor price to pay for a miraculous drug.

Cold turkey was not for me. I couldn't even wean down! The timing of this event was just perfect! My doc. was forced into retirement so my source went away. So I says to myself, it's time to stop. I refuse to go ape chit trying to find drugs.

Reading and posting on these forums is also my N/A. I can attend anytime I want. There's usually a new post when I check in.

So today, find three things you're grateful for and have a great opiate-free day!

PQ
    Last painkiller used: 9/25/05
    Suboxone started 9/26/05

controll is offline New Member

Default do you get any high feeling at all from suboxone

Hello i,m new to this forum I did,nt know how to start a new threat I looked everywhere but could,nt find it??? so if someone can help me thier that would be great.Anyway my question is by taking suboxone do you get any high feeling at all I,m not saying that I want to be stoned like on a strong opiate like methadone or oxicontyn but I would like to have the sucurity of knowing that it is realeaseing some opiats into my body so I would feel mentaly better well can you at least feel any high from it at all???And also if someone who did,nt have an opiat problem took suboxone would it give them a high feeling...THanks Ben
    x4change2012 likes this.

mpvt is offline Platinum Member

If you are a opiate addict then suboxone will take away your cravings and withdrawls.No you don't get a buzz off suboxone and a real addict doesn't (can't) get high off methadone either.What the suboxone will do is let you feel normal so you can get on with your life while not thinking about pills or your next shot ect.If you are addicted to opiates and weant to go into recovery then suboxone is a great way to go.....Dave

P.S. Good luck and let me know how you make out suboxone.com .......Dave

harleydm2006 is offline New Member

Default Suboxone disaster

i have been on suboxone for 9 months and i felt great at first but then each day past by and it seemed like sub. was making me a very mean person,and i have done things that i would have never done before. first starting to lie, not wanting to go to work,not a giving person anymore and i have always put others first my whole life. and i have heard good things and bad about Sub. but in feb. 2006 i met the most beautiful woman of my life we are married now i have two great step kids but i have fu..... it all up. and i have no explanation, for anything i have done to hurt my loved ones, all can do is look stupid and say i dont know why i did it. they deserve better than that. im gonna fix what i fu.... up but if anyone has any suggestion to help me, it be greatly appreciated. im quiting sub this week. and hope fully get my life back because i had it all. beautiful wife, great kids, two dogs, nice cars, but need to change soon. sorry to go on and on , but i need all the suggestions i can get. thanks
    Last edited by harleydm2006; 02-24-2008 at 08:17 PM. Reason: please put on different page
    x4change2012 likes this.

babystimp is offline Junior Member

Hi harleydm2006, I have been on Soboxone for 4 yrs. It helped me soo much in the beginning. Better than bieng on strong pain meds, and needing more and more. One good thing about Suboxone is you don't seem to need more as time goes on. But it does seem to make you not care about anything, it took my creativity away, and my drive to do anything at all. I don't even want to talk to people anymore, but I want a friend to talk to, when I feel I need to talk. I feel soo selfish, and self involved. I really belive all drugs give a gateway for the Devil in your life, like you're never really sober, so you are vulnerable all the time. I am trying to get closer to God, I know that is the only way to be truly happy. But I can't do it right if i'm on Sub. I started on 16mg, and now I am down to .5mg. You can get off of this stuff, but the docs seem to think you can go from 2 or 1mg-0mg! No way! I tried. Sub. is strong, nobody should really be prescribed 16mg of Sub. So my doc says I can do it however I want, he is open minded, hopefully you have a good doc. The person you need to talk to is on this site, he is posted as Robert_325, look him up, and if you want off Sub. he has helped soo many people with the best way to do it, including me, and i'm doing great soo far with not having withdrawls. I wish you the best of luck, God Bless.
    x4change2012 likes this.

blucow is offline New Member

Default suboxone

I had to make an account to reply after reading those posts.

The people who have posted and shared their stories are making Suboxone seem like it's okay to take and nothing bad will happen.

Suboxone is a miracle for someone who is trying to get off and/or stay off opiates.
    But Suboxone has its negative side.

No you do not take Suboxone to get high.

Suboxone is a drug for someone who is trying to get off and/or stay off opiates, such as >>>>>>.

True, it does block withdrawal symptoms from your previous opiate, and you cannot use opiates while on Suboxone, unless you want to send yourself into rapid withdrawal syndrome. It also has some under-the-table effects on depression and anxiety but Suboxone itself will give you withdrawal symptoms way gnarlier than >>>>>>.

To everyone who noticed their life sucked when they didn't have the drug in their system (for long time users: waking up dope-sick in the morning, needing it to sleep, etc) that's withdrawal, which is the same thing as withdrawing from opiates, and is very unhealthy and uncomfortable and painful.

I do not recommend "cold turkeying" off Suboxone.
    I do recommend tapering/weaning off Suboxone.
    Consult your doctor before taking any further steps.

I am no healthcare professional, I speak from personal experience.

Kauf is offline Member

great post but I don't think you will be clean in another month or you will be WD from subs aswell and they can be worse then any opiate...If im reading it wrong sorry, Good luck on getting off the subs and happy to see your life is getting back together.
    Goodbye and go with God (Thank you Marian)

Indycouple, let me start off by saying AWESOME job on deciding to finally quit. I was one that was on Methadone for medical reasons, but decided I was sick of taking it after two years. I ended up quitting CT and it has been a nightmare. I'm starting to get better now, but still nowhere near normal and I'm on my 22nd day off of Methadone. It's the hardest thing I have ever done in my life, but I know it will be worth it in the end. I flushed 240 Methadone and it was a great feeling. You can't think about the money you spent on those Vics, you need to flush them. Why on earth would you keep them if it were your drug of choice. All it's going to do is call your name one day and you will be back to sqaure one. Do yourself a favor and flush them all NOW! Do your family that favor as well. All of that money could have went to some good in your families lives, and I know you stated that already, but I want that to really hit home. Your family has suffered through this with you and I know that's not something any father or husband wants to put his family through. I don't know about the Subs, but there are a lot of people who use Robert's taper plan on here and get clean pretty easily. CT for me was the best because once you're done you're done. Not all can do it, but then again I was not addicted and always looking for my next fix. I know taking another one will help me get the sleep I want and take the pain away, so in my case it could even be worse than an addict trying to quit. Living with pain sucks, but living on Methadone sucked worse. I commend you on what you're doing, but I sincerely think it's time for you to be honest with yourself and flush the rest of the pills. What's $800 when you've spent thousands already on your habit. Like you said before, if you can spend it to get high, you can spend it to get clean. Good luck in what you decide, but I'm sure everyone on here will agree with me about getting rid of your stash right away. Take care and keep us posted.

caughtagain is offline Diamond Member

kickin...heads up that post was from 2005....

Quote Originally Posted by caughtagain View Post
    kickin...heads up that post was from 2005....
    LOL CA, that will teach me to check the original dates from now on. I saw that people posted yesterday, so I just figured it was a new post. Oh man this is kind of sad, because he didn't keep posting so things must not have worked out for him. I sure hope he did well in his recovery and is clean to this day.