Results 1 to 23 of 23
Like Tree12Likes
  • 1 Post By Robert_325
  • 4 Post By ClassiqueMom
  • 2 Post By dago77
  • 3 Post By Robert_325
  • 1 Post By RealTalk
On Suboxone 5 years, I wanna change my life
  1. #1
    RealTalk is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    41

    Default On Suboxone 5 years, I wanna change my life

    Im 26 years old and life in Detroit,I have been on Suboxone for about 5 years now and Im getting 2 the point where its hurting my stomach and I cant even really go to the restroom without taking tons of fiber or laxatives sometimes even. Im taking about 2mg_4mg a day and have been trying 2 lower my dosage but its hard when you buy it off the streets. I used to go 2 the doctor but it was getting expensive and I could get it cheaper on the streets. I have been debating the past few days to make a doctors appointment so they can help me wean off or do the best thing 2 help me. I really wanna start weing off suboxone and have a life change, i quit cold turkey one time and after 7 days went back on because I had a school paper to write and had no motivation to write it, what a bad excuse. I think cold turkey wasnt the way 2 go because the withdrawls hit me so bad. I know I need change in my life and if I quit now it would help my health b4 It gets worse. The stomach pain and problems are really hurting me. Does anyone have any good remedies for hard stool from suboxone use and a good plan 2 get off it. The thing that scares me the most is trying to get my life back 2 normal inbetween working and my family, It will be hard to have the energy to with my 2 1/2 year old son when withdrawing from subs and working morning and sometimes midnights doing security. thanks for listening,If anyone would like 2 talk about their problem im here 2, God Bless

  2. #2
    Robert_325 is offline Retired
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    16,689

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RealTalk View Post
    Im 26 years old and life in Detroit,I have been on Suboxone for about 5 years now and Im getting 2 the point where its hurting my stomach and I cant even really go to the restroom without taking tons of fiber or laxatives sometimes even. Im taking about 2mg_4mg a day and have been trying 2 lower my dosage but its hard when you buy it off the streets. I used to go 2 the doctor but it was getting expensive and I could get it cheaper on the streets. I have been debating the past few days to make a doctors appointment so they can help me wean off or do the best thing 2 help me. I really wanna start weing off suboxone and have a life change, i quit cold turkey one time and after 7 days went back on because I had a school paper to write and had no motivation to write it, what a bad excuse. I think cold turkey wasnt the way 2 go because the withdrawls hit me so bad. I know I need change in my life and if I quit now it would help my health b4 It gets worse. The stomach pain and problems are really hurting me. Does anyone have any good remedies for hard stool from suboxone use and a good plan 2 get off it. The thing that scares me the most is trying to get my life back 2 normal inbetween working and my family, It will be hard to have the energy to with my 2 1/2 year old son when withdrawing from subs and working morning and sometimes midnights doing security. thanks for listening,If anyone would like 2 talk about their problem im here 2, God Bless


    I've been working with people on subs for years. Read the following link which I wrote years ago. Pay close attention to the TAPER section as this is where sub drs can REALLY mess you up. They keep you on it WAY too long. If you want my help let me know. If you'll do as I ask you to the letter we can do this together and I guarantee you'll be successful. God bless.

    http://www.drugs.com/forum/featured-...apy-50887.html
    RealTalk likes this.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

  3. #3
    RealTalk is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    41

    Default

    Nice article,I'm pretty sure what u mean but I'm still a little confused on the process. So if I'm taking about 4mg a day now what is the best way 2 taper down? I normally take about 1-2mg around when I wake up and 1-2mg about 6 hours later. A few months ago I was taking about 4_6mg a day.Do you know any good remedies for stomach problems from subs also?
    Last edited by RealTalk; 02-23-2012 at 12:24 AM.

  4. #4
    RealTalk is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    41

    Default

    Another question I have is, I'm taking the suboxone strips most of the time sometimes pill form, is it better 2 be on subutex or suboxone. The only concern I have using a pill form is it is hard to break down dose to low dose because the pills crumble and its hard 2 make dosage from a pill. I think the strips would be easier but would I be better off switching to subutex during my wean. I would like 2 start my wean next week hopefully or when I can see a doctor and get the amount I need 2 begin my wean. 1 doctor only prescribes suboxone and the other prescribes subutex, last time I asked for subutex instead of suboxone and the doctor said he only prescribes suboxone because it is safer and I would need 2 go somewhere else for subutex.
    Last edited by RealTalk; 02-23-2012 at 12:42 AM.

  5. #5
    RealTalk is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    41

    Default

    is there anyone on this website that can answer my questions or should i go 2 another site? anyone at least know another site to go 2? Does anyone have a website that tell you what support groups are available in my area? I was hoping someone was going through a similar experiece and trying to get off subs. If anyone is trying to get off subs join this board and lets walk this out together. God Bless

  6. #6
    shybaybe2003 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    608

    Default

    i dont know the answer to your question. Someone will be on here to answer you though i promise. We just dont always get immediate answers.haNG IN THERE

  7. #7
    Robert_325 is offline Retired
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    16,689

    Default

    The strips are probably the easiest to cut accurately into the proper doses as you taper. I personally prefer subutex though as it's easier on most people physically than suboxone whether it's in pill or strip form. As I wrote in the link that I gave you after years of doing this most people do well tapering their current dose at the time by 25% about every four days.

    You need to dose the same amount each day during the taper and at the same time each day to maintain an even level of meds in your system. Don't jump between 1-2mg doses. If you want help going down with the taper you'll get lots of support here, I can help you too. Let me know.

    If you're tapering properly you shouldn't have stomach problems. You'll have to tell me what kind of problems you're having. If it's diarrhea you can take imodium AD and that will knock it out plus settle your stomach. Hope that helps. God bless.
    Last edited by Robert_325; 02-23-2012 at 11:39 AM.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

  8. #8
    RealTalk is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    41

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robert_325 View Post
    The strips are probably the easiest to cut accurately into the proper doses as you taper. I personally prefer subutex though as it's easier on most people physically than suboxone whether it's in pill or strip form. As I wrote in the link that I gave you after years of doing this most people do well tapering their current dose at the time by 25% about every four days.

    You need to dose the same amount each day during the taper and at the same time each day to maintain an even level of meds in your system. Don't jump between 1-2mg doses. If you want help going down with the taper you'll get lots of support here, I can help you too. Let me know.

    If you're tapering properly you shouldn't have stomach problems. You'll have to tell me what kind of problems you're having. If it's diarrhea you can take imodium AD and that will knock it out plus settle your stomach. Hope that helps. God bless.




    Thanks for all your help and answers 2 my question, so if I'm at about 1.5mg two times a day you say I should take this amount and cut down by 25% every 4-5 days. I am a little confused on the process and how I should dose. I ready 2 get serious and cut down after a few days after I can get used 2 this current dose. It has been about 3 days steady taking 1.5-2 mg two times daily. After this strip is over I'm going 2 cut out correct dosage for my proper dosage in my next step to freedom. As far as my stomach problems my stool is really hard and its hard to pass keeping me constipated for days, I'm confused 2 why I'm still constipated since my recent lower dosage, I guess its just the way the medicine affects me even at smaller amounts. Lately it just seems like the constipation has been worse and tearing up my stomach. I went to the health food store today and got digestive enzymes and a body cleanse and colon cleanse.Thank you for all you help and your concerns, I'm happy for what the future brings.

  9. #9
    ClassiqueMom is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    814

    Default

    (okayyyy then!) now that i'm on the RIGHT thread..


    hi realtalk..

    here is also a picture i have bookmarked of how to cut the 8 MG strips,

    here's the link TO the pic, and then the pic itself..

    hope this helps too - just incase you need it

    Classique MoM

    http://www.naabt.org/tl/film_cut_dime.jpg <<--click to view


  10. #10
    RealTalk is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    41

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ClassiqueMom View Post
    (okayyyy then!) now that i'm on the RIGHT thread..


    hi realtalk..

    here is also a picture i have bookmarked of how to cut the 8 MG strips,

    here's the link TO the pic, and then the pic itself..

    hope this helps too - just incase you need it

    Classique MoM

    http://www.naabt.org/tl/film_cut_dime.jpg <<--click to view



    Good Stuff, thanks a lot this will help about tons.

  11. #11
    numbOne is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    333

    Default

    I don't think that's quite a 2MG sliver...Closer to 1.95 Kidding!

    If a picture is worth a thouand words, that's gotta be worth at least 7k. Great post, thanks for sharing. Im sure it will be very helpful to many.

  12. #12
    RealTalk is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    41

    Default

    I appreciate everything everyone is saying and the advice I have recieved so far. I welcome anyone trying to get off suboxone or anyone with advice to join my post and maybe we can walk this out together. God Bless

  13. #13
    dago77 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    702

    Default

    ....RealTalk, what's up buddy. I've been on this forum along time but haven't posted in a while. I caught your first post the other night. I saw you post about the Sub being hard to get and being expensive. I'm in the Detroit area too. I have a few Dr's in our area you can get it from pretty cheap. You pay $50 for your office visit and he'll give them to you right there for 7 bucks a piece.

    ....I read your story too. Work with Robert...let him help you get off this stuff so you can get your life back. He's a good dude and he's been trying to help me get my act together for a long time. He's actually helping me now off the forum, Along with some other friends from here. Just listen to what he says and he will help you bro. The strips will be easier for you to cut up. Everyone here will help you with how to cut your doses right. If no one else does, I will.

    ...Your so young man. I was about your age when I started all of these garbage pills. I'm 34 now and still tangled up trying to work it out. Maybe I was just never ready? It was a good time that turned into a nightmare. Anyways, you have the right attitude and sound pretty pumped up to get your life back! I think as long as youre serious and realize how big it is...you can do it! There are people who have been on those subs for along time just like you. You see the posts, if they can do it so can you! I really hope it goes smooth for you dude. Just get all your strips together, stay here and let him help you. I'll watch for your posts.

    Ryan
    Robert_325 and RealTalk like this.

  14. #14
    Robert_325 is offline Retired
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    16,689

    Default

    Hey Ryan ..... glad to see you get yourself back on this forum where your other friends here can hassle you along with me! You old wild man, we are going to get you done this time if it's the last thing we ever do!

    I'm really happy to see you post. I will talk off the forum as you know, we have been friends a long time. But this is where you belong buddy! You know it too!

    I hope to see you hang around here. You may be getting clean AGAIN still, but you have lots of experience that could be valuable to others and will help you too being here. Talk later buddy! God bless.
    dago77, RealTalk and caughtagain like this.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

  15. #15
    RealTalk is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    41

    Default

    Thanks man, I appreciate everything, i went to the doctors yesterday and I spent 60 for the office visit and 7.50 a piece. Today was a pretty good day, im surprised how good i feel since today I only took 1mg in the morning and 1.5mg at night. I know i should of kept it consistant at 1mg and 1mg and keep the taper going. Im happy for the things to come and my stomach is much much better since I got on a few things from the health food store to help my stomach. Thanks for you concern and your input. Im glad to have people here to talk to and 2 help. Thinking about going 2 a meeting sometime, you know anything about any local meetings in the detroit area or downriver area? Im ready to do this and get my life back, I already feel more clear headed from monitoring my doses more instead of just biting off pieces all throughout the day recklessly, thanks for everything,God Bless
    Last edited by RealTalk; 03-01-2012 at 01:35 AM.
    dago77 likes this.

  16. #16
    dago77 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    702

    Default

    What's up brother. Yeah, I will help you find a meeting. I'll write you back tomorrow at some point. It just took me NA hour to send a post trying to lay down nd type off this effing iPad! I'm falling asleep dude. Check your thread tomorrow.

    Ryan

  17. #17
    surfdog is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Macon GA/Montana/Wyoming
    Posts
    944

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RealTalk View Post
    Thanks man, I appreciate everything, i went to the doctors yesterday and I spent 60 for the office visit and 7.50 a piece. Today was a pretty good day, im surprised how good i feel since today I only took 1mg in the morning and 1.5mg at night. I know i should of kept it consistant at 1mg and 1mg and keep the taper going. Im happy for the things to come and my stomach is much much better since I got on a few things from the health food store to help my stomach. Thanks for you concern and your input. Im glad to have people here to talk to and 2 help. Thinking about going 2 a meeting sometime, you know anything about any local meetings in the detroit area or downriver area? Im ready to do this and get my life back, I already feel more clear headed from monitoring my doses more instead of just biting off pieces all throughout the day recklessly, thanks for everything,God Bless
    Hey real talk hang in there man, it is possible to do this and it does get better I promise, Robert is very knowledgeable I have been off the subs now about 6 wks. So it can be done. I was very fortunate to only have taken them for about 9 months
    Still had some wd but not as bad as others. You can do this! God Bless Surfdog

  18. #18
    RealTalk is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    41

    Default

    Thanks a lot everyone for all your post. Thanks for your support and your advice.

  19. #19
    Suboxowned is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Way south suburbs of Chicago.
    Posts
    132

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RealTalk View Post
    Thanks a lot everyone for all your post. Thanks for your support and your advice.
    Hi,
    I've been on Subs for almost 4 years and have been constipated for most of that. Every once in a while I would get "normal" for a few days then back to being constipated. However, now that I have weaned down to 1mg daily, I am regular now. WooHoo!!! I use the single packets of benefiber. I put it in my coffee, tea or juice. One a day and it helps A LOT. (sometimes I would use benefiber in my activia) That worked too.
    Good Luck!!

  20. #20
    RealTalk is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    41

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Suboxowned View Post
    Hi,
    I've been on Subs for almost 4 years and have been constipated for most of that. Every once in a while I would get "normal" for a few days then back to being constipated. However, now that I have weaned down to 1mg daily, I am regular now. WooHoo!!! I use the single packets of benefiber. I put it in my coffee, tea or juice. One a day and it helps A LOT. (sometimes I would use benefiber in my activia) That worked too.
    Good Luck!!
    Good stuff, yea I have been using metamucil and probiotic vitamins seems to be helping a little, Im using the bathroom every other day but i know it takes time to get it back to normal. thanks for your input.

  21. #21
    deannab is offline Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    65

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ClassiqueMom View Post
    (okayyyy then!) now that i'm on the RIGHT thread..


    hi realtalk..

    here is also a picture i have bookmarked of how to cut the 8 MG strips,

    here's the link TO the pic, and then the pic itself..

    hope this helps too - just incase you need it

    Classique MoM

    http://www.naabt.org/tl/film_cut_dime.jpg <<--click to view

    All this has been so informative but especially this!! I have been on Oxycontin and Norcos for about 5 years. I have finally weened myself down to such a low amount of the Sub strips that I was hoping to have little to no side effects, but that does not seem possible. I was clean, in that 5 years, for almost a year and got off Oxy, which was HELL and don't know why I started again! My ex has RX for all of this so it was so easy to get. I started the Sub 3 weeks ago and started at 2 mg and am today at 1 pm, took my last strip, that was the size of a grain of sea salt, so it must my a 16th or even 32nd of a mg! On the picture of the dime, it would have only covered the tip of his nose. I only have Sat and Sun off. Do you think I will experience much withdraws? I have read some of you saying you felt them 2 weeks later! IS that possible being on such a low dose? I never skipped a day but have been this low for 4 days now. I have such SEVERE RLS when I quit is has made me take a Norco but I have nothing now so I hope I can work this Monday. If anyone has any experience with tapering this low, please help me out. I get so nervous about the WD! Thanks in advance!!!!

  22. #22
    ClassiqueMom is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    814

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by deannab View Post
    All this has been so informative but especially this!! I have been on Oxycontin and Norcos for about 5 years. I have finally weened myself down to such a low amount of the Sub strips that I was hoping to have little to no side effects, but that does not seem possible. I was clean, in that 5 years, for almost a year and got off Oxy, which was HELL and don't know why I started again! My ex has RX for all of this so it was so easy to get. I started the Sub 3 weeks ago and started at 2 mg and am today at 1 pm, took my last strip, that was the size of a grain of sea salt, so it must my a 16th or even 32nd of a mg! On the picture of the dime, it would have only covered the tip of his nose. I only have Sat and Sun off. Do you think I will experience much withdraws? I have read some of you saying you felt them 2 weeks later! IS that possible being on such a low dose? I never skipped a day but have been this low for 4 days now. I have such SEVERE RLS when I quit is has made me take a Norco but I have nothing now so I hope I can work this Monday. If anyone has any experience with tapering this low, please help me out. I get so nervous about the WD! Thanks in advance!!!!
    hi deannab..
    i don't have much ability to answer all your questions..
    but .. how's about when that RLS hits.. you go grab a banana instead of a pill?

    potassium is supposed to help alot with that.. and WALKING!

    the people who said they had WD 2 weeks after, wellll... you can be sure, they weren't feeling ALLL the withdrawals ALL at one time!

    each of the things you feel, will come... and then pass! .. it's what you do with it, when they come..

    everybody!! says.. it's gets better with each passing day.. HOLD ON TO THAT!!

    as our friend REID (caughtagain) says: THIS too, SHALL PASS!

    getting down to that tiny little piece is a sign that you WANT this..
    the question is just how badly.. you've come tooo far to turn back now!

    somebody else will be by to answer your question more specifically..

    i sure do wish you allll the best!!
    Classique MoM

    P.S... Suboxowned, Dago and RealTalk.. i'm here rooting for you guys!!
    Last edited by ClassiqueMom; 03-10-2012 at 06:25 AM.

  23. #23
    deannab is offline Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    65

    Default Thanks Classique Mom

    I really appreciate your response. It is the morning and had RLS 3 times last night and
    I have this lotion that has menthal in it that is a life saver!! It is like ben gay almost,, but it is a lotion. It relieves the irritability of the RLS. I hate not sleeping so when I wake up in the night, I always feel panic! I do feel very normal this AM and it has been 18 hours since my last 'dot' of Sub. Does anyone think with as little as I was on, it is a false sense? Ironically, I have never taken any of this stuff to get 'high', but originally it made me feel energetic and I could get things done. THAT is the hardest part getting off this stuff. It lies to you and tells you that you need to it get things done. IT is Saturday and I go back to work on Monday. I would hate the WD to kick in on Monday but is that possible? Is it a possibility that I may not really get any being I was so low and only took it for 3 weeks? Any advice is GREATLY appreciated!!!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22