Suboxone ????
    THE DOORMAN is offline New Member

Default Suboxone ????

My Dr. put me on Suboxone the other day and have a few questions on this. First of all I had been taking Percocets by the handful since March of 07. I hada major surgery where I was on Morphine, Oxycoton, Oxycodone. I ended up liking the Percs a lot and eneded up abusing them. So when I was told of Suboxone I decided to give it a try. The questions I have are these.

Does this really help with getting off the percs and what have others experienced with this drug. For me I am higher then I was when taking the percs and constipated. So is this normal and also how long can I expect to be on this drug. See my biggest problem with the Percs were bad body and stomach cramps and really bad cold sweats. In fact I still get the cold sweats while being on the Suboxone.

So if anyone that has used this before give me some ideas on what to expect you would make me very happy. If ya have any questions to ask me feel free to do so.

Thank you.

One more thing that I forgot to mention. I have been on this since Tuesday 1-8-08 and one thing I noticed is that I am feeling very depressed. I this normal and just part of how the Suboxone works or should I be worried. I just wish this was over as I am just sick and tired of taking any kind of pill.

mpvt is offline Platinum Member

Hi Doorman: Percocet (oxycodone) is a full agonist opiate which attaches to your opiate receptor's in your brain and spine (actually they are all over the body).When the opiate sits on the receptor's it signals the release of dopamine and seratonin and another one that's slipping my thoughts right now.The fact is when the opiates are on the receptors you feel good (Euphoric).The problem is that your body makes more receptors as the others are filled and this causes tolerance.You find your self taking 20 percocets at a time and feeling lousy.
    Suboxone (buprenorphene) is a partial antagonist opiate and doesn't fully activate the opiate receptor's although buprenorphene has the highest affinity to the opiate receptors making it almost impossible to get a buzz off any opiate including >>>>>>.

Once you are at the right dose of suboxone you should have no withdrawls or cravings for opiates.If you take say a handfull of percocet's they won't work at all.So once you're feeling "normal" again you can start to get your life back in order.
    After you and your doctor decide it's time to detox then you will start a very slow weaning off the suboxone.It takes awhile to do it properly but it is worth it.
    So good luck and take your time with this drug.Remember that you didn't become an addict overnight and you surely won't recover overnight either.Hang in there.....Dave

P.S. The depression is likely because you're not producing enough endorphin's so what you need to do is get out in the morning and go for a brisk walk.Do it again after supper.Walking has been proven to help in the production of endorphins.Also eat a high protien diet until you feel better and drink gatorade or another sport drink that you enjoy.Stay away from energy drinks like Red Bull as they can open up a whole new can of worms.Good luck.....Dave

Thanks for the info and I can't wait till the day I am free of drugs period. I was starting to hate myself for awhile until I went on the Suboxone. A day at a time is what I tell myself and we will succeed.

Thank you.

One more question and not sure if I asked this already but am I supposed to feel high while on the Soboxone. I ask this because this stuff makes me feel like I did when I was taking Oxycotin 40mg after my surgery. I just hate feeling high that 's all I can't wait till the end of having to use this.

Thanks.

Can someone answer the question on is this supposed to make you feel like your on cloud 9. I can't function when I need to, I can fall a sleep anywhere at any time. It's been hard to keep my eyes open.

Someone please, the Dr. I have is useless and when ya ask questions you get the feeling is does not like you but likes your money.

AddictedNH is offline New Member

After speaking to my doctor and 2 pharmacists, I am also considering Suboxone. I have been free of Hydrocodone for 13 days now, but I still feel very depressed and have difficulty sleeping. The brutal physical withdrawal symptoms (days 4-6 were my worst days) have subsided, but how long will it take to get my life back to where I was before I started this medication. Will Suboxone help with the psychological w/d's? I have GAD, depression, and OCD and am on Paxil and Xanax for that. I somewhat miss the "enhancement" that 3-4 tablets of Hydrocodone generated for me for approx. 2 years of usage.

submom is offline Member

hey Doorman
    You should not feel high on subs. You are missing important factors in your post such as what dose of subs are you on? You have not been taking percs for that long ( good thing!!) so your tolerance may not be what you think it is...you should not be taking more than 8mgs at max and you could probibly get away with 4. unlike your percs, suboxone has a "less is more" factor in it..the less you take the better you will feel. You only want to take enough to keep the perc withdrawls at bay. How long do you plan on being on subs? my theory is the less time the less wd's you will have when you jump. 21 days seem to work well for most. The sweats IMO are because your liver is on over load. I had the same issues. Sweat is toxins coming out of your body...they suck but your body must need it.
    good luck and leme know how much your taking, alot of dr's (mine included) want you to start at high doses which is more hurtful than helpful. reasearch...read, keep posting.

addicted NH
    I replied to you on your thread. Please dont start subs 13 days into your detox...you will undue what you have already done and have to go through THIS all over again...remember...all roads lead to here...you either have to feel it now or feel it in a few months..but with drugs we all eventually end up having to pay the piper.

Quote Originally Posted by submom View Post
    hey Doorman
    You should not feel high on subs. You are missing important factors in your post such as what dose of subs are you on? You have not been taking percs for that long ( good thing!!) so your tolerance may not be what you think it is...you should not be taking more than 8mgs at max and you could probibly get away with 4. unlike your percs, suboxone has a "less is more" factor in it..the less you take the better you will feel. You only want to take enough to keep the perc withdrawls at bay. How long do you plan on being on subs? my theory is the less time the less wd's you will have when you jump. 21 days seem to work well for most. The sweats IMO are because your liver is on over load. I had the same issues. Sweat is toxins coming out of your body...they suck but your body must need it.
    good luck and leme know how much your taking, alot of dr's (mine included) want you to start at high doses which is more hurtful than helpful. reasearch...read, keep posting.

addicted NH
    I replied to you on your thread. Please dont start subs 13 days into your detox...you will undue what you have already done and have to go through THIS all over again...remember...all roads lead to here...you either have to feel it now or feel it in a few months..but with drugs we all eventually end up having to pay the piper.

Thanks for the reply and he has me on 4mg 2 times a day. So I am breaking the pill in half and half in the morning and the other at night. I also just started this last week tuesday. You mention that I should not feel high well I do or it's just feeling really dizzy. I would say more high then anything is what this makes me feel like. The only time I felt like I do now is when I took my first OC 40 back in March of last year. I could not stand the way they made me feel just like this Suboxone does.

And sorry if what I am saying does not make sense. This Suboxone helps big time but I am also on cloud 9 and wanting to always sleep, very tired I am. And I think I asked this but if not is it normal to pee 20+ times in a day while on this. I feel like I could get a job with MFD with all the liquid that is coming out of me.

Any info you could give me would be nice since this Dr. I am seeing is an idiot. Never gave me any info on side affects and the only thing he said was take it at the first sign of a with drawl, and then every 12 hours after that. And going back to me felling high. What would make me feel like I am doped up. It's not as bad as it was for the first couple of days but WOW I don't like the feeling. Reason being is I have finals and not being able to think straight is causing me problems. So any ideas that I could bring up to the useless Dr when I see him. He said it was the with drawls or something problem is this guy makes me feel like a bad person for being on this stuff.

If ya need more info just ask and I will respond in the morning right before I take the suboxone. This way I have some what of a clear head before I go on my long all day ride.

Survivor23 is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by THE DOORMAN View Post
    Thanks for the reply and he has me on 4mg 2 times a day. So I am breaking the pill in half and half in the morning and the other at night. I also just started this last week tuesday. You mention that I should not feel high well I do or it's just feeling really dizzy. I would say more high then anything is what this makes me feel like. The only time I felt like I do now is when I took my first OC 40 back in March of last year. I could not stand the way they made me feel just like this Suboxone does.

And sorry if what I am saying does not make sense. This Suboxone helps big time but I am also on cloud 9 and wanting to always sleep, very tired I am. And I think I asked this but if not is it normal to pee 20+ times in a day while on this. I feel like I could get a job with MFD with all the liquid that is coming out of me.

Any info you could give me would be nice since this Dr. I am seeing is an idiot. Never gave me any info on side affects and the only thing he said was take it at the first sign of a with drawl, and then every 12 hours after that. And going back to me felling high. What would make me feel like I am doped up. It's not as bad as it was for the first couple of days but WOW I don't like the feeling. Reason being is I have finals and not being able to think straight is causing me problems. So any ideas that I could bring up to the useless Dr when I see him. He said it was the with drawls or something problem is this guy makes me feel like a bad person for being on this stuff.

If ya need more info just ask and I will respond in the morning right before I take the suboxone. This way I have some what of a clear head before I go on my long all day ride.
    I think your dose is too high, at 8 mgs I wouldn't usually think that...but when my doctor (the first time) had me taking 12 mgs and I was falling asleep all the time, feeling like I was stoned, and really dizzy - and had a bad headache. Anyways, it was because my dose was way too high - Right now I take 4 mgs a day and pretty soon it's going to be 2. (My doctor still thinks I'm at 6) and when he tells me to go to four i'll really be going to two. It seems like they want to over medicate you. I would suggest that you only take 4 mgs a day and you'll feel so much better! I saw in one of your last posts that you're feeling depressed. I was too - but my doctor gave me celexa and it has very minimal side effects...things like dry mouth, ya know? It has done wonders for me! anyway good luck and keep me updated.

submom is offline Member

hey doorman, survivor is right, sounds like your dose is too high. Try taking 3 mgs in morn and 3 at night....but not late night...like 4 or 5 in evening because they will eventually make it to where you cannot sleep. I was tired to for the first week to two weeks...my dose was to high...you will eventually hit the right dose where you are not high or sleepy..youll just feel normal. As for peeing that is funny...i too peed alot...then had to struggle to pee...they are both normal. Constipation also became an issue and exlax choco was my friend. I say try to lower the dose and see how you feel.
    How long are you planing on staying on the subs? You do know that there are WD's coming off these as well? The shorter you are on them the less the will be...i was on subs from the middle of august to the 2nd of dec....i whittled my way down to .25mgs before i jumped....my WD's were bearable...but i still had WD's...you need to figure out a quit date...subs are still an opiate and i am guessing your goal is to be "drug free" right?
    Good luck...your on the right track.

I would think you could cut your dose in halk and that should take care of the buzz or at least make it better then how your feeling now.
    Buprenorphene (suboxone,subutex) is about 40 times stronger then morphine but it is also a partial agonist.So if you don't have a huge tolerence to strong opiates like dilaudid or fentanyl then you most certainly will get high off buprenorphene.
    Over in Europe they have been using buprenorphene as a injectable pain killer for years.The standard injection is .2 mgs!!So it's very powerful.......Dave

Quote Originally Posted by submom View Post
    hey doorman, survivor is right, sounds like your dose is too high. Try taking 3 mgs in morn and 3 at night....but not late night...like 4 or 5 in evening because they will eventually make it to where you cannot sleep. I was tired to for the first week to two weeks...my dose was to high...you will eventually hit the right dose where you are not high or sleepy..youll just feel normal. As for peeing that is funny...i too peed alot...then had to struggle to pee...they are both normal. Constipation also became an issue and exlax choco was my friend. I say try to lower the dose and see how you feel.
    How long are you planing on staying on the subs? You do know that there are WD's coming off these as well? The shorter you are on them the less the will be...i was on subs from the middle of august to the 2nd of dec....i whittled my way down to .25mgs before i jumped....my WD's were bearable...but i still had WD's...you need to figure out a quit date...subs are still an opiate and i am guessing your goal is to be "drug free" right?
    Good luck...your on the right track.

What would 3mg be like a quarter of a half. If that would help it would be great because even as I type I feel looped. But I do go and see the Dr. tomorrow since I told him I have issues with breathing and even went into the ER last night because of it. They gave a benzo which made me feel better and even slept though the night. And I don't plan on being on the Sub for a long time and figure if he can give me something to help the breathing I'm looking at no longer then a month. And like I said with the peeing it was none stop but took for ever just to go.

Now a question I have is did you whittle your way down on your own or was it with the help of your Dr. All I know is that I want to be off this ******************** and the sooner the better. Also what can I expect from the with drawl from the Sub? Will it be a painful with drawl or something Mylanta will take care of with the stomach cramps.

Now jumping back to taking the 3mg. Today I took half at 9am which would be 4mg. Should I tonight take a half of a half at 9pm. And like I said I see the Doc tomorrow and will probably go by with what he says but input from others is very helpful. And I'm not sure if I really trust this Dr. as I left a message yesterday and never got a call back. Then like I said I went into the ER last night and as of today still no call back. That is when I then called and was told to come in.

Something wrong with that pic since he is a Dr. who should call back knowing that he gave me the Sub that needs to be monitored by him,

Thanks for the help and yes drug free is my goal. Never want to see another pain pill the rest of my life.

Quote Originally Posted by mpvt View Post
    I would think you could cut your dose in halk and that should take care of the buzz or at least make it better then how your feeling now.
    Buprenorphene (suboxone,subutex) is about 40 times stronger then morphine but it is also a partial agonist.So if you don't have a huge tolerence to strong opiates like dilaudid or fentanyl then you most certainly will get high off buprenorphene.
    Over in Europe they have been using buprenorphene as a injectable pain killer for years.The standard injection is .2 mgs!!So it's very powerful.......Dave

Thanks for the info which is very helpful. Wish I received this much info and help from the stupid Dr. I am seeing.

edwardmulreany is offline New Member

What about using Suboxone to get off Methadone?

You need to get down to 30mgs a day of methadone before switching to suboxone.You also need to be in withdrawl when you start suboxone.So if you take your last dose of methadone say on a Sunday then you would try and go 3-5 days before going on the suboxone.If you jump over to soon then you go into the worst withdrawls you will ever experience.So try and go until the withdrawls are really bad then switch to the suboxone.You can read up and even find prescribing doctors at www.suboxone.com ....Good luck...Dave

Yesterday I tried to do a half of a half which if you break it down is like 2mg. Man is that a pain to deal with but don't want to go back to the 4mg a day. 4mg made me feel way to out of it and always tired. So know to the question on what was said by Submom. You mentioned taking 3mg but how do I get 3mg out of the 4mg. what just break off a little chip and say the rest is 3mg. Not sure here and don't want to bother the Dr. Every time I call he says come in, yeah right since he wants $100.00 for every visit, un real.

Help me please as I am fighting this and have only been on this for 10 days now. Not as bad if I were not taking anything but still sucks. Also what is you opinion on taking Lorazapam 1mg to help with the sleeping issue. I actually take about half to sleep but have been told not a good idea to do that. I got these from the ER where I was the other night because I was feeling real sick and pacing back and forth.

Your thoughts please.

poppy.hush is offline New Member

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by THE DOORMAN View Post
    Can someone answer the question on is this supposed to make you feel like your on cloud 9. I can't function when I need to, I can fall a sleep anywhere at any time. It's been hard to keep my eyes open.

Someone please, the Dr. I have is useless and when ya ask questions you get the feeling is does not like you but likes your money.
    hi doorman, no, u shouldnt feel like u are high when u are on the correct dose.
    I am using suboxone and have also used bupe. same thing, the only time i felt high was when my dose was too high.

Go to ur doc and tell him to reduce it.
    The dose u are on, should be high enough for you to be stable, and not high.
    What is ur dose anyway?
    and yes, one day at a time. Exercise and eat well.
    Good luck!

poppy.hush is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by THE DOORMAN;194536Yesterday I tried to do a half of a half which if you break it down is like 2mg. Man is that a pain to deal with but don't want to go back to the 4mg a day. 4mg made me feel way to out of it and always tired. So know to the question on what was said by Submom. You mentioned taking 3mg but how do I get 3mg out of the 4mg. what just break off a little chip and say the rest is 3mg. Not sure here and don't want to bother the Dr. Every time I call he says come in, yeah right since he wants $100.00 for every visit, un real.

Help me please as I am fighting this and have only been on this for 10 days now. Not as bad if I were not taking anything but still sucks. Also what is you opinion on taking Lorazapam 1mg to help with the sleeping issue. I actually take about half to sleep but have been told not a good idea to do that. I got these from the ER where I was the other night because I was feeling real sick and pacing back and forth.

Your thoughts please.

hi again.

so u are on 4mg? thats not as bad as it seems doorman.
    Yes, u have to break one of the 2mg pills in half. It really isnt that difficult to do. Use ur thumbs, put them both in the middle of the pill, and press inward.
    Ive done it, and its easy. My doc told me there was really no technical way of doing this, but I figure if I crushed it, then weighed it, I would get exact amounts. But, then I decided I couldnt be bothered with doing that, and it is too messy, so I just halved the 2 mg pill. EASY PEASY!!!!

I thought when I first started reading ur post, that u were on something like 18mg per day! I am currently on 8mg I reduced from 10mg and this week, I will reduce to 7mg. Dont reduce until u have stabilized tho, unless u were trying to detox of course... different topic.

Thought I would also mention, u still have to go thru the withdrawal from suboxone. My doc told me not everyone goes thru withdrawal, but I think that is all a matter of opinion.
    It lasts for about 10 days. THen if u make it past that, u will be fine.
    Ive not been able to last past a week, very difficult. Mind over matter, sure, but if the mind doesnt cope, neither will the body.

goodluck.

jwomiller is offline New Member

Default suboxone

Doorman
    Please read my info on Suboxone. Alot of doc out there do not have the proper training and not enough info on the medicine. I was total very wrong informations on this drug and this drug is DIFFERENT for everyone. I went to a New dr who happens to be very well informed and he is helping me. I was on lortab for a few years due to multiple surgery for Endometriosis and other medical issues. I wanted to get off opiates and heard of Suboxone. I just went to the wrong dr. please read my thread Misinformation dr and suboxone.

vduda is offline Member

Dude,

You are aware that suboxone is a narcotic that shows itself chemically as an opiod. Strange drug. I had Buprenix (liquid suboxone) shots two times I went through Detox. In short, I was on every opiod and I mean every opiod for a decade with most of that time taking mind boggling amounts of mostly prescription narcotics. To give you an idea I was on 3,500 mg of opiods a day. Moreover, I was on 40 to 50 mg of Xanax a day. I was on Fentanol, Methadone, Morphine, Oxycodone, Hydrocodone, Demarol, and Liquid Diludid (i'm sure I spelt it wrong). Sounds like a Johnny Cash song. The Liquid Diludid was introduced in April when I broke my neck in a very, very high speed accident. So I know a thing or two. Suboxone attaches itself to those receptor sites that the other guy discussed. From what I recall 1mg of suboxone equals about 10mg of morphine. However, suboxone literally rips the other opiods off the receptor site. In my mind I see it as a yellow pac man. So realize you can get hooked on this stuff. It should be used to tapper you off the oxycodone. Nonetheless, at one point you will have to go "Cold Turkey".

My abuse killed me 3 times and 3 times I was resuscitated. During my 2nd Detox I came very close to death. The pain almost became unbearable. After 4 months I am still going through withdraws. Perhaps, my case is extreme, since every time I used I took in a fatal dose. Literally, I had another week or two before I could not be brought back. I'm sure you'll be ok. Take it one day at a time. Easy does it. Remember, you didn't become a junkie in one day. From one junkie to another-God Bless.

shjam is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by mpvt View Post
    Hi Doorman: Percocet (oxycodone) is a full agonist opiate which attaches to your opiate receptor's in your brain and spine (actually they are all over the body).When the opiate sits on the receptor's it signals the release of dopamine and seratonin and another one that's slipping my thoughts right now.The fact is when the opiates are on the receptors you feel good (Euphoric).The problem is that your body makes more receptors as the others are filled and this causes tolerance.You find your self taking 20 percocets at a time and feeling lousy.
    Suboxone (buprenorphene) is a partial antagonist opiate and doesn't fully activate the opiate receptor's although buprenorphene has the highest affinity to the opiate receptors making it almost impossible to get a buzz off any opiate including >>>>>>.

Once you are at the right dose of suboxone you should have no withdrawls or cravings for opiates.If you take say a handfull of percocet's they won't work at all.So once you're feeling "normal" again you can start to get your life back in order.
    After you and your doctor decide it's time to detox then you will start a very slow weaning off the suboxone.It takes awhile to do it properly but it is worth it.
    So good luck and take your time with this drug.Remember that you didn't become an addict overnight and you surely won't recover overnight either.Hang in there.....Dave

P.S. The depression is likely because you're not producing enough endorphin's so what you need to do is get out in the morning and go for a brisk walk.Do it again after supper.Walking has been proven to help in the production of endorphins.Also eat a high protien diet until you feel better and drink gatorade or another sport drink that you enjoy.Stay away from energy drinks like Red Bull as they can open up a whole new can of worms.Good luck.....Dave
    What is the "new can of worms" my daughter has been drinking 2-4 cans of the large red bull daily. Her behavior has dramatically change. Could this be why? She is also on suboxone.
    Last edited by shjam; 04-20-2011 at 12:37 AM. Reason: add information