Suboxin
    Alleyopp is offline New Member

Default Suboxin

I'm trying very hard to quit cold turkey from perc's.
    I was hoping a 6 day regimine of suboxin would help get through the roughest w/drawal symtoms. what do anyone think about that?

shwnjr is offline Member

Smile i did just one suboxone 8 mg

i took lortab 10 mg 150 a month 5 a day for 5 yrs and then switched them to oxycodone 30 mg 120 a month 4 a day i did that for a year never any pain my doctor just give me anything i wanted after taking pills for 6 yrs continuous i decided to quit i weened down from 4 to 3 to 1 and took 1 suboxone 8 mg you have to wait 18 hours after you take your last opiate when your in full withdrawl to take the suboxone it did wonders for me to help me through that 3 0r 4 days of hell withdrawling.In that 3 days i did alot of reading on suboxone and found out the withdrawls from suboxone are worse than opiates so i didnt want to deal with that or just switch one drug for another soo i only took that one suboxone and havnt touched anything since and its been 50 days for me and feeling great.You will still have to deal with sleepless nights which ended for me about 3 weeks after i took that 1 subxone i did all this weening and the 1 suboxone all in a matter of 4 days i really wanted to quit and be sober i was tired of pills running my life soo if i was you i would try it my way that way you dont become dependent on suboxone like you were the pill GOOD LUCK POST AGAIN AND LET US KNOW HOW YOUR DOING

Quote Originally Posted by shwnjr View Post
    i took lortab 10 mg 150 a month 5 a day for 5 yrs and then switched them to oxycodone 30 mg 120 a month 4 a day i did that for a year never any pain my doctor just give me anything i wanted after taking pills for 6 yrs continuous i decided to quit i weened down from 4 to 3 to 1 and took 1 suboxone 8 mg you have to wait 18 hours after you take your last opiate when your in full withdrawl to take the suboxone it did wonders for me to help me through that 3 0r 4 days of hell withdrawling.In that 3 days i did alot of reading on suboxone and found out the withdrawls from suboxone are worse than opiates so i didnt want to deal with that or just switch one drug for another soo i only took that one suboxone and havnt touched anything since and its been 50 days for me and feeling great.You will still have to deal with sleepless nights which ended for me about 3 weeks after i took that 1 subxone i did all this weening and the 1 suboxone all in a matter of 4 days i really wanted to quit and be sober i was tired of pills running my life soo if i was you i would try it my way that way you dont become dependent on suboxone like you were the pill GOOD LUCK POST AGAIN AND LET US KNOW HOW YOUR DOING
    I almost to the minute went that route.Thanks for the input. I'm just going to follow the Thomas Recipe & ween way down. I wany my life back ! I'll never get my savings account back , but I will do it this time. I', dowm from 4 , 30's aday two just one with the help of zanax for sleep, don't help much, but helps. Thanks, T

shwnjr is offline Member

Default good job

like i said the sleep will come back to you but it will take time i went 3 weeks sleeping maybe 1 or 2 hours a night and that was the hardest part for me because i really like my sleep i was taking nyquill and tylenol pms it helped a little for about 2 hours and then you wake up and cant go back to sleep to save your live its soo annoying.After 3 weeks though i was sleeping 8 to 10 hours a night without taking anything and and still am to this day i sleep like a baby now you just have to be patient this will pass and you will be clean and sober and be high on life.Just be careful with the xanax i had those too but i didnt want too take them too sleep because thier very addictive too and from the stories i heard withdrawl from xanax is really bad and i didnt want another evil pill in my life and to this day my clean date is2-5-08 i only take ibuprofen if i have a headache im finally free from the grasp of opiates after 6 yrs and you will soon be too its such a great feeling to wake up in the morning and not going after that pill to start your day off first thing .GOOD LUCK KEEP POSTING ILL HELP YOU THROUGH THIS

Zanzx ain't nothing to me. I'm good with that. I have at least 10 day's of hell , and I'm ready. THANKS so much I almost spent more money on something that's just not going to work. Hell or high water (I AM DONE) Thank you! T

Well it's day 2 & I have cut down dramatically! I was up to about 4 30's a day.
    This is the second time I have put myself through this. I could just smack myself.
    I cut the 30's into 1/4ths and am down to 2/4 as of today & following the Thomas Recipe. My doc only gives me 20 Xanax a month and I don't buy them any where else.
    There is a lot going on in my life right now 1st Broke up with boy friend who was cheating with prostitutes & massage parlor type places. After knowing him 26 years and living together 10 years. What a slap in the face! 2 Now he's in the hospital with bad kidneys & heart. I'm staying at some great friends house that are helping me not only with a place to stay but with my addiction/withdrawal. I have a new place that I'm moved into already but not officially till April 1st will I be there. I'm hoping I'll be over the worst of this crazy hell life by then. His son keeps me up dated on his health, you can't just stop caring with blink of an eye. So talk about stress! But most important of all is me getting better. I can't do a dam thing for anybody else if I can't take care of me first.
    Sounds selfish but I have to do what I have to do!