Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree41Likes
"Sub-ventures"-tapering my sub dose down myself. Help? Advice?
    breezybaby is offline New Member

Lightbulb "Sub-ventures"-tapering my sub dose down myself. Help? Advice?

Thanx to a tip from a senior member, I am starting this thread in hopes of obtaining advice and support with what I am trying to accomplish. That is: to taper down my dose of suboxone as low as possible. I have been taking (as prescribed) 16mg a day for almost 3 months now. Problem is i've been feeling awful, as if I were coming off of something: horrible chills, sweating, goose bumps, creepy-crawly skin, NO energy. It has been brought to my attention that my dose is too high. That's hard for my addict mind to grasp, but I cannot deny the evidence. I would like to get my dose down as low as it should be, without getting sicker. I'd actually like to feel better. Please help.

cheeky is offline Diamond Member

ok by now you may have read around... first thing you need to do is follow the 25% reduction... which means first thing you need to do is drop your dose immediately to 12mg a day... you will NOT notice this reduction, as in no withdrawls, in fact you may feel better.....

yes you are on far too high a dose.. most doctors just fill you up, send you off, and take your money... they have no idea how these things work...

i used iv drugs, methadone, all sorts for years, i used subs to get off, and started on 12mg, which was too high... in fact it wasnt till i got to about 4mg i felt really good and NORMAL...

so easy to start mate, lemme know how ya get on with 12mg... do it tomorrow...

oh and how often are you dosing..?. i only dosed once a day, take it and forget. its that long lasting you shouldnt have any problems...some people say split your dose and take it twice, personally i beleive once a day is fine, and it reduces any 'addict' type behaviour, and saves the need to worry for the rest of the day....

so there ya go. thats the first step for ya... easy as....

you will feel better... stick to that dose for a few days then you will drop down to 9mg... or actually in your case, 8mg would be much simpler and easier, and from that high a dose you should encounter NO problems...

hope this helps. go for it.

awesome! Thank you so much. I have been dosing just once a day, in the mornings. I have to stick two strips under my little tongue...its a lot to handle, trying not to swallow, etc. I will start with 12mg in the morning and do that as long as u think I should. How long do u think it will take for me to start feeling better? I realize everyone is different, but I don't know much else about what im doing. Thank u for taking time to help me.

winged eagle is offline Advanced Member

Hey breezy :-)
    Yup, like Cheeks already said, you're on too high a dose. And with subs, less is definitely more.
    Once you've dropped down to the lower doses, you're going to feel MUCH better, guaranteed.
    The good thing is you haven't been on the subs for long, so you have a relatively easy taper ahead :-)
    Check in and let us know how it's going, we're here to support you and answer any questions you may have.
    At some point you'll want to know how to cut up the strips for your doses. We'll explain once you get to there.
    For now, concentrate on doing this right, and I'm pretty certain you'll be the forum's next taper success story :-D

thank u so much. as to going to 12mg in the morning, I was assuming I just attempt to cut the strip as close to exactly in half as I can get it...but I did wonder if the other half will stay good till the next day if I just stick it back into the opened package? another thing...I tried to get by on just one strip this morning, then totally panicked and took my second one at about 9pm. dumb. So by doing that, did I mess up my starting the 12mg in the morning??

caughtagain is offline Diamond Member

Agree with the others.. They are the ones to follow as you go through your taper.. Check out this link which outlines the taper. All my best, Reid

http://www.drugs.com/forum/featured-...apy-50887.html

Quote Originally Posted by breezybaby View Post
    thank u so much. as to going to 12mg in the morning, I was assuming I just attempt to cut the strip as close to exactly in half as I can get it...but I did wonder if the other half will stay good till the next day if I just stick it back into the opened package? another thing...I tried to get by on just one strip this morning, then totally panicked and took my second one at about 9pm. dumb. So by doing that, did I mess up my starting the 12mg in the morning??
    No, you can still start your taper the day after your last 16mg dose, no worries there :-)
    As for cutting the strips for use later, they'll be fine, still use-able.
    To get the 12mg dose, all you need to do is cut one strip, take the half, add to another strip and voila.

Kikker is offline Advanced Member

hi Breezy....glad u started the thread. no, u didn't mess up anything. in fact i could see where trying to put 2 of those 8 mg films under ur tounge could be a bit difficult. u will be on the 12 mg starting tomorrow for about 4 days or so and once u get down to 8 mg (1 film) and under it will be much easier to do.

something i did when i was on the film strips was to use a pair of tweezers to hold the film, and a tiny pair of my girlfriend's cosmetic, or cuticle scissors to cut it with. made it so much easier to do. hold the film with the tweezers, and just keep cutting one of those 8 mg's in halves several times. u can get to any dose u need by doing it that way.

after u make the first cut of the 8 mg in half, as close as u can get it, then begin cutting the other halves by going diagonally. that also makes it much easier. easier to "line it up" that way. u will get it close enough.

placing the cut pieces back in the foil wrapper is ok, but u could also put them in a used pill bottle for safe keeping. make sure u label the wrapper or bottle what the pieces are, because it's very easy to forget exactly what they are sometimes.

the others here gave u sound advice and suggestions. u sound really commited to this. that's exactly what it takes. keep posting any questions. u are going to do just fine. hope this helps.
    breezybaby likes this.

kikker lemme get this straight please, so you relapsed after 5 years, for a week, then used subs.? for how long.?
    LovesAnimals likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by cheeky View Post
    kikker lemme get this straight please, so you relapsed after 5 years, for a week, then used subs.? for how long.?
    Lol... Was wondering about that as well :-)
    Kikker, not ganging up on you or anything (you hear that, Harry?!), but I'm really curious as to why you'd do that. Withdrawals after a week's relapse is a walk in the park, barely mentionable. You'd have gone through more withdrawals after your fast taper than you would have done had you c/t-ed it.. Didn't that occur to you?
    LovesAnimals likes this.

HarrySmooth is offline Advanced Member

Remember THIS Post Ladies???? Kikker already answered this for you over on "Ambitionn;s" Thread!!!..No need to Thank me.....Always here to Help!!!!
    Your Ol Pal Harry
    01-04-2013, 03:34 PM
    Kikker

Join DateSep 2012Posts666

Originally Posted by LovesAnimals
    Okay, I am a little confused here - is it the way I am reading this? You were clean for 4 years then relapsed for a week?? So you went on suboxone after only doing pills (relapsing) for a week? Is it me or is that what you are saying?

Ambitionn....once again i'm very sorry for taking up space and time on ur thread. i won't use it again to answer any of these questions, but felt the need to answer this one. ur the most important thing right now and deserve to have this thread to use for urself only.

i will answer this question and then that's it.....

LovesAnimals.....u read it correctly. i had a little over 4 yrs clean and relapsed for about a week. i used subs AGAIN to get clean. i did a very FAST, controlled taper after that week of relapse. before the 4+ yrs clean i had relapsed and gotten clean a few times and used suboxone/subutex each time to get clean.

should i have just went C/T after that week...YES, ABSOLUTELY, but for reasons i'm not entirely certain of i decided to use the subs i had left over, and get off them quickly.

i have used subs nearly every way possible....from a long taper, to reducing by 50% sometimes, to jumping, to skipping days, and other ways too. am i a sub expert...NO. but along with lots of reading time, and combined experience, i feel qualified to offer help to those that need it.

hope this answers ur question to ur satisfaction.

btw....congrats on the 5 months clean. that awesome! i wish u the very best.

Last edited by HarrySmooth; 01-08-2013 at 12:10 PM.

No need to be patronizing, Harry.
    I do remember that post.
    Cheeky was asking how long he was on them. I.e., info not found in the post you were ever so helpful to find and gleefully post.
    And, again, misogyny on your part to presume we're female.
    caughtagain likes this.

harry you douchbag, i am asking because kikker is acting like a sub expert and it appears he is not.... i didnt ask you at all. so butt out
    Last edited by cheeky; 01-08-2013 at 12:27 PM.

hahaha and yes the question was,

clean 5 year... relapsed a week... how long was the taper.??? pretty easy question really and i wasnt askin you harry smooth,
    LovesAnimals and winged eagle like this.

actually thanks harry, that post you put up confirms it for me, kikker is an expert AT ABUSING subs.... and has only ever read about subs on this forum..... thanks for clearing that up for me harry. top job dude

(i can hear harry furiously typing an email to his bf kikker right now) noooo, harrys not into drama, no way.
    Last edited by cheeky; 01-08-2013 at 12:32 PM.
    caughtagain and LovesAnimals like this.

actually thanks harry, that post you put up confirms it for me, kikker is an expert AT ABUSING subs.... and has only ever read about subs on this forum..... thanks for clearing that up for me harry. top job dude
    Remind me, Cheeky.. Wasn't it Karen who had a week's relapse and wanted to use subs again to get clean?
    Not saying Kikker is Karen, FYI.
    But I just remembered that...
    LovesAnimals likes this.

Remind me again how long you've been clean "Winged"? Didnt you relapse just recently? Seems I remember reading that on a past thread? Just wondering?

hey breezy, stick with the winners mate ok... dont over complicate things, just stick to the 12mg for now, and in a few days we see how ya feel. nothing is set in stone. i am sure you will feel better on less. I KNOW YA WILL.... you only have to do this once, and do it right....

stick with the winners, the ones who have succeeded in doing this....

you can do it as well...
    LovesAnimals likes this.

Here you "Hens" go hijacking yet someone elses thread with your "HenPecking" Jeeeeezzzz dont you girls have anything better to do than Hijack, Ambush, and spread your BS all over this site? How the Moderators have kept you around THIS long is amazing to me!

Quote Originally Posted by HarrySmooth View Post
    Remind me again how long you've been clean "Winged"? Didnt you relapse just recently? Seems I remember reading that on a past thread? Just wondering?

hey harry, whats your agenda here....????? ya got a problem or something....????
    LovesAnimals likes this.

Ill answer you on My thread Cheeky, Im not going to be part of hijacking yet someone elses thread any more than I already have....I was just answering your question for Kikker, cause I know he is at work...as I am....

Yes, had a relapse after years clean.
    But I never abused subs.
    And what's with the question? You make it sound like there's something ominous going on.
    caughtagain and LovesAnimals like this.

oh no harry, you are the one who hijacked this thread. it was none of your business.... but you chose to butt in... i aint gonna even look at your douche thread.... (answering a post for kikker, haha, im sure hes a big boy ya know)

like i say breezy, dont listen to dumba$$es like harry who have been here about 3 months and think they know it all. they dont. look at the join dates of people and then decide if you think they have decent advice to give.

NOW BACK TO YOU BREEZY

yeh, stick to the 12mg for a few days, and we see how ya go from there... i know for sure you are gonna feel better, in fact once you get down to 6 or less you are gonna feel great.... coz ive been there done that too...

stick with the winners and you will be one as well...

hang in there breezy, you can get off this stuff...
    Last edited by cheeky; 01-08-2013 at 12:53 PM.
    winged eagle likes this.

Here you "Hens" go hijacking yet someone elses thread with your "HenPecking" Jeeeeezzzz dont you girls have anything better to do than Hijack, Ambush, and spread your BS all over this site? How the Moderators have kept you around THIS long is amazing to me!
    Again with the misogyny.
    You're an outdated specimen, Mr "Smooth."
    So why are you Mr "Smooth?" Ladies like it?

Like, seriously, what kind of idiot are you?
    I've been going around the whole forum telling people about my relapse and fast taper.

And one more thing, just because it's a pet peeve of mine :-)
    What's with all the EXCLAMATION marks and chronic CAPITALIZATION????? I mean, are you gonna leave some punctuation for the rest of us???????

Buckeye13 is offline Banned

hey harry, whats your agenda here....????? ya got a problem or something....????
    Tough guy eh?

Slow your role bro...
    cheeky likes this.

Sickofit13 is offline Member

I'm new on this forum and in day 4 of my C/T from percocet and had never even heard of Subs until I came here so I don't know my butt from a hole in the ground BUT...

A new person joined today (mizgizmo) and she's been posting on my thread about doing her own day 1 today, right now while at her work. She's looking for support and I know some of you have been there reading and supporting her, but please stop this and go support her!! No fighting.

I see there are some issues among you but don't make me put on my mom voice and threaten to turn the car around!

FOCUS PEOPLE! FOCUS!!

3jag3 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sickofit13 View Post
    I'm new on this forum and in day 4 of my C/T from percocet and had never even heard of Subs until I came here so I don't know my butt from a hole in the ground BUT...

A new person joined today (mizgizmo) and she's been posting on my thread about doing her own day 1 today, right now while at her work. She's looking for support and I know some of you have been there reading and supporting her, but please stop this and go support her!! No fighting.

I see there are some issues among you but don't make me put on my mom voice and threaten to turn the car around!

FOCUS PEOPLE! FOCUS!!
    I love you, Sickofit13. Going through withdrawal and still keeping your sense of humor and being the voice of reason.

Quote Originally Posted by 3jag3 View Post
    I love you, Sickofit13. Going through withdrawal and still keeping your sense of humor and being the voice of reason.
    I think I love her, too :-)

Sickofit, you're right. Thanks for that.
    cheeky likes this.

3jag3 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by winged eagle View Post
    I think I love her, too :-)

Sickofit, you're right. Thanks for that.
    What's not to love!
    cheeky and winged eagle like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast