Page 1 of 75 1231151 ... LastLast
Like Tree410Likes
sub taper >2mg
    Anonymous Guest

Talking sub taper >2mg

allo allo, im new here, and I have been reading all the different threads on the taper to get off suboxone.
    I have been on it for some months, and I read it is a 25% drop every 4 days.

If I am on 2mg now, next one is 1.5 right?

but then whats the next one, would I be able to go from 1.5mg to 1mg.?

thanks for any replies, Im on me own over ere. In my building there are a lot of smackheads, and I am trying to get clean, using subs. its working ok so far but now I am getting to the small amounts, Its a bit of a worry.

Robert_325 is offline Retired

cheekysod ..... After you go to 1.5mg four days see how you feel. If you're up to it you can go for the 1mg for convenience sake. But then take it easy and allow yourself time to smooth out. That is a quick taper. Let me know how I can help you as you go forward. I'm here every day. God bless.
    Larsy1966 and 2fast like this.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Anonymous Guest

OK>>> Will do.

thank you very much.
    Also I am having very vivid dreams, very real like, and some anxiety early in the morning, 4 to 5am. would this be from detoxing from suboxone..?

cheekysod .... dreams can happen to any of us in opiate detox, benzo detox, etc. It's your brain screaming for more drugs. They will subside but honestly I still had one occasionally even after a couple years clean. They can be frightening, but you didn't use, it WAS only a dream so let it go.

I would take some OTC sleep aid like excedrin PM. It helped me, I still use it. There are others of course too. Point is hang in there. We damage ourselves for a long time and it takes a while to get all the trash out of our minds as well as our bodies. God bless.
    Larsy1966 and 2fast like this.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Anonymous Guest

I may have to get something to help me sleep, well its not the sleeping, but its the early morning dreams. I wake up feeling like the world is ending or something. very anxious, heart racing. I know they are only dreams but wow are they vivid.
    other than that the taper is going well.
    thanks

Anonymous Guest

ok ive taken the plunge and gone for 1.5mg.

see you all in 4 days.

Anonymous Guest

Not too sure on posting anymore. seems to be a bit of animosity going on.
    Not sure what I did, but however.

I hope no more trams can get through this.
    never was any offence intended, but i was worried about her
    it cant all be candy coated, like freedom says "suck it up"

we have to pay the piper sometime
    or the ferryman
    either way, we have to pay our dues,

Thank you robert for your advice.
    oh man i just read about your crash. what a bummer man. does that mean melinda gets a new car.???

hope your knee gets seen to next week, and you can start to feel better.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 10-10-2009 at 03:44 PM.

The animosity you refer to is due to the fact that some people were on this site just being jerks and causing grief for everyone they could. Most of them have been banned by drugs.com administration.

This site is about support, not slamming people. Everyone knows detox is rough without having it crammed down their throat. So we suggest that members don't take it upon themselves to tell other members they are a wuss, they are being babies, they are crazy or any of that. That doesn't do anyone any good.

Just keep it positive and everything will be fine. God bless.
    Morgan2533 and angel1662 like this.

no_more_tram is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by cheekysod View Post
    Not too sure on posting anymore. seems to be a bit of animosity going on.
    Not sure what I did, but however.

I hope no more trams can get through this.
    never was any offence intended, but i was worried about her
    it cant all be candy coated, like freedom says "suck it up"

we have to pay the piper sometime
    or the ferryman
    either way, we have to pay our dues,

Thank you robert for your advice.
    oh man i just read about your crash. what a bummer man. does that mean melinda gets a new car.???

hope your knee gets seen to next week, and you can start to feel better.

In reality, it's doesn't BOTHER me when people respond to me with negativity, but it really is uncalled for. I would NEVER say anything to discourage someone, especially someone like me who doesn't have a choice in my current situation, if I had choices I would have done what's best. However, you say your on my side yet your endings are somewhat demeaning. Anyways, It doesn't really matter, and don't feel like YOU shouldn't post because of whatever reasons. I enjoying reading your updates, so please continue and good luck

Anonymous Guest

yeh i think we got off on the wrong foot.
    i was trying to see if you did have any options beside jumping off the 8mg.
    put it this, way, I would be scared to death of doing what you are attempting. so all credit to you for giving it a go.
    how you going.?
    im on my third day of 1.5mg. so far so good.
    i wish you all the best, we are all in the same boat, just at different stages of disembarking!!!

good luck trams. hope we ok now.

yeh i think we got off on the wrong foot.
    i was trying to see if you did have any options beside jumping off the 8mg.
    put it this, way, I would be scared to death of doing what you are attempting. so all credit to you for giving it a go.
    how you going.?
    im on my third day of 1.5mg. so far so good.
    i wish you all the best, we are all in the same boat, just at different stages of disembarking!!!

good luck trams. hope we ok now.

Thanks! Really appreciate your sincerity. and I am doing ok. I really hope tommorrow isn't that bad, since today is only my first day without the subs.
    Well, good luck to you, and good to hear that your not having any trouble. When will you do your next taper?? and out of curiousity, are you male or female??

Anonymous Guest

female. i also have a brother who was messing around with tramadol as well, and he didnt know how addicting it can be.
    he got it after a major injury to his knee, and neck, he kept telling me that they were good, but i hadnt heard of them at that stage. so i warned him and he says he only has them if he gets really sore. i hope so.
    so far im the addict in the family, and i would hate to see him go down that road.
    did you break that last 8 in half or anything, or just go for it,??

oh and next taper, in a couple of days

female. i also have a brother who was messing around with tramadol as well, and he didnt know how addicting it can be.
    he got it after a major injury to his knee, and neck, he kept telling me that they were good, but i hadnt heard of them at that stage. so i warned him and he says he only has them if he gets really sore. i hope so.
    so far im the addict in the family, and i would hate to see him go down that road.
    did you break that last 8 in half or anything, or just go for it,??

oh and next taper, in a couple of days

Yeah Tramadol is very addicting. Hope he doesn't get addicted either.

Friday evening was my last dose which was only 2mg. I'm off to bed now, hope we can chat tommorrow!! good night!

Anonymous Guest

good one. im glad you had a 2mg as your last one.
    have a good night. hope it all goes well for you.

Anonymous Guest

small hiccup in the road today. . I dont know if it is because it is day 4 on 1.5mg, or just feeling a bit off, was a little sick first thing in the morning,and i felt that cold feeling like when you are withdrawing, and bit of depression. i think it was a little bit of w/d or is it in my mind. had my 1.5mg. i felt better later on.
    i notice robert you say don't move on till you feel good, or symptoms will follow you all the way down, so i will stay there another day or two and hopefully level out again.
    first bump in the road really for me.
    thank you.; even though you may only reply once or twice, just reading around the boards fills me with good information.
    cheers
    Larsy1966 likes this.

Freedom4me is offline Advanced Member

Cheekysod (cute name!)
    Welcome. I don't know much about the subs but you have come to a great place to learn. There are many people here who have a lot of experience. I know they will answer your questions. I loved your post to Turbo. He could us the support. Take care

Anonymous Guest

thanks freedom. i think a positive attitude helps a lot. turbo definately has a positive attitude, and its nice to give back.

cool

small hiccup in the road today. . I dont know if it is because it is day 4 on 1.5mg, or just feeling a bit off, was a little sick first thing in the morning,and i felt that cold feeling like when you are withdrawing, and bit of depression. i think it was a little bit of w/d or is it in my mind. had my 1.5mg. i felt better later on.
    i notice robert you say don't move on till you feel good, or symptoms will follow you all the way down, so i will stay there another day or two and hopefully level out again.
    first bump in the road really for me.
    thank you.; even though you may only reply once or twice, just reading around the boards fills me with good information.
    cheers

You're doing a good job and yes you need to feel pretty good before moving forward. If you move forward too soon it can cause problems.

You mention that I only post once or twice, well I don't always get to post as much as I would like to as some days I get over 30 questions or more posted to me in a single day. It can take me many hours to answer just ONE question from that many people and I type FAST. But then I get three and four questions in a single day from some people and that can turn into ten hours easily on this forum if I do that. I won't sit here ten hours a day, that would be insane! I don't get paid for doing this.

I can only spend so much time of my life on here in a single day. I do this to help people but it isn't a job. Doing the best I can to get to everyone's questions but sometimes Melinda likes it if I take at least a few minutes to pay some attention to her(after all she is my fiance), I like to make it to church, or do a couple things for myself too. I don't sit here 24 hours a day around the clock waiting for everyone to post a question. I have a life too!

If you're doing well with the 1.5mg through today I think you will be okay to reduce to 1mg by Tuesday. See what you think about how you're feeling. And reading around the forum is a very good thing to do. Helps us see we aren't the only ones having challenges. God bless.
    Last edited by Robert_325; 10-12-2009 at 11:51 AM.
    Larsy1966 and Bean222 like this.

TURBO TIME is offline Junior Member

i thank you for the post on my thread ,thats the only reason i thank i made it thru to the other side, i wish you well and hope that what youve done for me comes ,ten fold for you , all my prayers &wishes i cant thank you enough i hope your feeling well havie a good night
    time to be me again, w/no additives, and look in the mirror and know who it is, that im looking @

Anonymous Guest

no no no, robert i didnt mean it like you only post once or twice.
    i meant it like, even tho you have answered me directly on some questions, i get most of my information on reading what you tell others.
    i know you are a busy man, and appreciate it.
    no i didnt mean it at all in a negative way, i meant that i know you are busy and appreciate when you do pop on my thread. yeh i will see how i go over the weekend, and if i am brave i will go to 1mg. i now its not really about bravery, but we have that fear dont we. well i do.
    thanks.

turbo, its great to help someone else i think. and you are doing amazingly well, and i know all about how much our dogs tune into our moods.
    hope nothing but the best for you.
    thank you as well.

Anonymous Guest

seem to have leveled out ok on 1.5mg.
    had a really freaky dream (you could call it a nightmare) i was in some place and got a facial tattoo. really. and then i tried to wash it off, and after all the smudges went away, it was a really cr a p horrible one on my face!!! how bizarre.. i have no tattoos. i was soooo glad to wake from that dream.
    yeh the dreams at the moment are the worst.
    otherwise LIFE IS PRETTY DARN GOOD AT THE MOMENT.

THANKS FRIENDS. in all sorts of places.
    wink wink

RubyDean is offline Member

good on you cheeky! you are making serious progress, and i know you will keep it up.
    the dreams can be wild at times. i had one recently last week that really shook me up, i had cancer, and it was all sorts of sadness. our brains are working hard to get us back and those dreams remind me that i am actually getting better! i have been fueling my body with good food, fruit, vitamins, and finally got some l-tyrosine to help those neurotransmitters! keep it up!

Anonymous Guest

im going to have to look up that L tyrosine, im not even sure what it is.

boots the chemists should have some sort of equivalent.
    thanks rubydean

Freedom4me is offline Advanced Member

Cheekysod,
    How ya doing with your taper? Just checking on you. Hope all is well.

Anonymous Guest

hi to all, thanks for asking freedom, im going ok.
    on tuesday i am going to brave it and go the next taper, i am ok on 1.5 so far, about day 3 was a bit dodgy like, but that was a couple of days ago.
    so after this weekend .........................
    time to crack on.!!

tobiclimber is offline Junior Member

hi to all, thanks for asking freedom, im going ok.
    on tuesday i am going to brave it and go the next taper, i am ok on 1.5 so far, about day 3 was a bit dodgy like, but that was a couple of days ago.
    so after this weekend .........................
    time to crack on.!!
    Hey Cheeky. Just wanted to reinerate. Keep up the great work. I replyed to your post on my thread but i just want to say thanks for the kind words again and U r giving me great hope. so keep it up!!! Im praying for u and know u can do it. Talk soon.

TTTDogs is offline Member

Cheeky - way to go girl - you are almost there - and I will be there to hold the banner at the finish line - I'm here if you need me - Hugs, TTT

Hey Ckeeky, I had a quick qustion for u? when u taperedfrom 4mg to the next level , did it take u only 4 days or did it take more time to level out? I have all the instructions robert gave me and i understand them but i dont want to constantly nag him about small questions...since he has his knee stuff going on... I thought maybe since u have been there recently maybe u could give me your insight? I just dont know whether i should drop again today or maybe wait ??im at 3mg now for the last 4 days and i feel tired but not bad...its gotten better but i dont know if ive leveled yet...

anyway just wanted to say hi too....so hi!!! keep up the good work!!! I hope all is well..

God bless.

tobiclimber .... I appreciate your consideration for my time and the pain I've been having but it's okay. Don't worry about it.

Normally four days is plently of time between reductions but occasionally we need a little extra time. Listen to your body. If you need a couple extra days between reductions it's fine. Only you know how YOU really feel.

Some people can need as long as a week occasionally. It shouldn't be a regular thing, but it can happen occasionally. Just listen to what your body is telling you and try to follow what it's telling you.

In the meantime you can always post like you've done here. Hope that helps. God bless.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_325 View Post
    tobiclimber .... I appreciate your consideration for my time and the pain I've been having but it's okay. Don't worry about it.

Normally four days is plently of time between reductions but occasionally we need a little extra time. Listen to your body. If you need a couple extra days between reductions it's fine. Only you know how YOU really feel.

Some people can need as long as a week occasionally. It shouldn't be a regular thing, but it can happen occasionally. Just listen to what your body is telling you and try to follow what it's telling you.

In the meantime you can always post like you've done here. Hope that helps. God bless.
    Robert...
    Thank u for letting me know that... I Just wanted to make sure i wasnt being annoying. I pray everyday that your pain decreases so it makes me happy to know u r doing ok. U r in my prayers.

Im pretty stable at 3mg and im happy that i was successfully able to do this drop...everyday i come alittle closer to my goal. Praise God i found u!!! Anyhow ive just been feeling a little more tired then usual and i figured it was the lowering of the dose. So im glad i know that i dont have to quickly go down every 4 days if my body is feeling a little off.

I just wanted to make sure with u first coz u r my "coach" so to speak and I didnt want to deviate from the plan. I will most likely being going down again tomorrow to 2.25 but im kinda unsure on how to divide that dose because the dose would be uneven. Should i take 1mg in morning and 1.25 in evening or should i just round the number up or down?

I had wrote another post on our thread, dont pay attention to that one coz u answered this one first and was the same question pretty much.

I find strength through your words so thx again.

God bless u . Talk soon.

Page 1 of 75 1231151 ... LastLast