Page 51 of 75 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,530 of 2234
Like Tree410Likes
sub taper >2mg
    karaboo is offline Senior Member

More info on treatment

"The focus of the protocol that a dentist follows when providing treatment for a patient who has a dry socket is usually only supportive and palliative. A dry socket is a situation where the extraction site's healing has been delayed. With time the extraction site will still go ahead and heal on its own, it will just take longer than it would otherwise. Dry socket treatments do not speed up the healing of the wound, they simply help to mitigate the discomfort the patient experiences while the (now prolonged) healing process takes place.

It's typical that the discomfort associated with a dry socket is difficult to control with analgesics (pain pills) alone (either non-prescription or prescription). Usually the best treatment solution involves returning to your dentist's office so they can wash out the extraction site and then place a medicated dressing into the socket.

The dressing that is selected for placement into the tooth socket will vary from dentist to dentist depending upon their previous experiences with different products. Some of the more common ingredients incorporated into dry socket dressings are eugenol (an extract of clove oil) and benzocaine (an anesthetic). Usually the dressing is changed (depending on the patient's comfort requirements) every 24 to 48 hours for 3 to 6 days. A patient can experience dramatic relief, even within an hour, once a dry socket dressing has been placed. "

Hope this helps, hon, let me know if you need any more info, ok?

Hugs sweet hurting Kiwi!

Strength & courage is moving forward in spite of the fear

Anonymous Guest

oh good greif, just as that post appeared i was lookin with a torch and a mirror, oh bloody hell,
    now i am worried, its 5 days, wed, thr,fri, sat, sun now its monday night.

socket on front left tooth looks empty not like the others, i knew it was on one side.

cheers karaboo, i knew this wasnt right, dammmm now im bumming

yeh thats what i got i reckon on more than one.two i think.

baaaaah

no waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

Anonymous Guest

youre too good karaboo,
    i got some gel numbing stuff they gave me for free when i said i was doing this without narcotics.

im gonna try that, did that when i came home from work, i take some more pills do that and see what happens.
    and i must admit my benzo friend popped into my mind breifly, yeh i know that wont help with the pain at all, but it would put me OUT.

cheers girl, you the best, thanks for that,
    let ya know what happens. im gonna go hard and try and crash, if i cant really do much with dentist, i just see how i go.

i did notice a funny taste that WASNT the fish. not bad, but wierd. ok
    cheers nurse karaboo

Poor Kiwi, please let the dentist know what's going on, the medicated dressing can relieve the pain as quickly as one hour!

Just call her and give her a heads up, please? No reason to suffer if you don't have to -- and don't call for benzos, girl, you've been doing soooo good!

Much love my poor infected friend!

Anonymous Guest

its 8pm at night here,cant do squit till morning,
    taking 2 ibuprofen, 200mg and 2 paracetamol 500mg, the last antibiotic, and using some of that gel.

thanks mate, teeth out for now, gel on,

buggar

cherdox57 is offline Senior Member

Oh Kiwi
    YOU ARE BEING SO STRONG. I know how hard it is to deal with pain. I have been doing it for 8 years. CALL THE DENTIST ASAP. See what he says and what other methods you can use for pain. I guess the .50mg of Subs is not working for the pain. Isn't that what you take? Can you not use the subs as a pain med?
    Hope the dentist has some answers for you sweetie. No one should be in that amount of pain.
    Kara glad we have a resident nurse on staff here at the forum. Your knowledge is invaluable for all of us.
    Cheeky wish we were all together and we could comfort you. You with your mouth and me with my nerves. WHAT A PAIR.
    But it will pass and have to take ONE DAY AT A TIME.Come to Florida and I'll shove over in my King size bed and make a spot for you. We can both moan together. No one else wants to hear me except everyone here where we can both vent.
    If my nerves don't ease up I am calling the doctor today and say I HAVE HAD ENOUGH. Do something for my pain.
    Please post as soon as you speak with the dentist. You will be in my thoughts and hope that today is a better day.
    Try to cheer up and think of how beautiful your smile will be.
    Feel Well my sweet girl
    {{{{HUGS}}}}
    and a light kiss on the cheek
    Cher

You can take up to 800 mg ibuprofen at one time as long as you don't exceed 3200 mg in one 24 hour period. The paracetamol you can take up to 4000 mg in on 24 hour period. I hope you're sleeping now, poor Kiwi!

Wish I could do more to help!

Gentle Hugs Cheeky!

winged eagle is offline Advanced Member

Kiwi, I know you're hurting girl..
    But I also know you've got "stuff" of steel.
    Just make it through tonight and this pain will be gone soon enough.
    Love ya Cheeks, you're awesome.

Anonymous Guest

no all you fullas are awesome,,

im pretty sure if it wasnt for all you guys, that >> a run out and done something stupid.

you dunno how close i just came tonight,
    goin to dentist in morning, gotta fit it in with kids, coz its sports day and >> be well in the gurgler if i called in sick, so im gonna fit it in.

luv ya all.
    cheeky
    gummy
    Last edited by ddcmod; 09-13-2010 at 02:25 PM.

newyorkgal is offline Platinum Member

Kara, you rock, girl... I came directly to the last page of the thread and you're post was on top. What would we do without you? My sister is a nurse and in my real life I go to her with every medical question I have. It's great to have someone like you around to help us out.

My we kiwi, hope you called the dentist. You don't need extra pain added to the normal pain. According to kara, he can fix it 1-2-3 so make sure you make the appt. You are correct, benzos won't do squat for pain so what's the point? No point at all.... Stick with the Ibuprofen. GO TO THE DENTIST. When I had my major tooth surgery (similar to yours), I know I had to go back many times for various adjustments and stuff.... Don't suffer needlessly. GO.... You're doing good in dealing.....
    Bev

LucyGoose is offline Member

Oh sweetie I hope you've got to the dentist this morning and got that medicated dressing. I didn't understand what dry socket was till Kara explained it here.
    I feel so sorry with all the wedding and men here that I haven't been on and know just how bad u been goin thru.
    You have a great bunch of friends here that really love and care so much 4 u, cuz u are the our special Kiwi . Angel I am sooooo proud of you NO benzo , nothing .
    As for the Ibrophen it works for me but I have to take the 600mg x2 , guess cuz of the mess the Oxy's have made of me.
    I know you've told those kids some of the past, so you make sure they know how strong you are being & how you are dealing with this now ! It is a bummer that no more time off , but if you can manage it's a good distraction for you too.
    Glad to hear that you are getting something in the hole- eggs anything.
    Wished I had a zillion Airmiles I'd zoom zoom over to give hugs , cook , and just pamper ya. I'll be here. You go snuggle with Purple luv ya LucyGoose
    Last edited by ddcmod; 09-13-2010 at 02:36 PM.

Cheeky, how you holding up?
    Hope the pain's subsided a bit, or that you found a way to deal until you get in to see that dentist.
    Can't believe how so many of us started suffering our own private hells this week. Is there some sort of planetary alignment I'm not aware of?
    Please, updates when you can..
    xx

Default My Sweet Kiwi

All waiting for a post to hear an update. Hope you feel better. Did you get to the dentist? I hope so Cheeky.
    I went to the doctor myself and got some answers. See my post.

Winged
    your so right. Must be something in the air.

Hugs
    Cher

OXYmom is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by winged eagle View Post
    Cheeky, how you holding up?
    Hope the pain's subsided a bit, or that you found a way to deal until you get in to see that dentist.
    Can't believe how so many of us started suffering our own private hells this week. Is there some sort of planetary alignment I'm not aware of?
    Please, updates when you can..
    xx
    No doubt, Winged! I am so with ya there. What is going on?

Cheeky- I replied to you on my thread. I hope you are sleeping like a wee one right now! I hope you are not feeling ANY pain at the moment. I am thinkin of you. Sweet dreams, cheeky. Let us know how you are in the am. Hope the dentist can get you in right away for a dry socket dressing.

jammymommy is offline Senior Member

Hiya Cheeky -
    Hope you're doing so much BETTER today!
    I've been struggling too.
    You done good, girl.
    jammy

LucyGoose is offline Member

I think WingedAngel is right the planet is aligning or crashing, seems like all hell broke loose on us all. That saying 'what doesn't kill us makes us stronger' - just makes you remember what hell was llike !
    Cheeky hope you got the time off, and had the dressing done and are now in the land of Nod. Be thinkin of you
    Last edited by ddcmod; 09-14-2010 at 06:18 PM.

To my cheeky kiwi - where the H are you? I don't like it when you disappear. Hope all is going well with the teeth and life in general. Check in soon please. So many of us worry about you...
    Last edited by ddcmod; 09-14-2010 at 06:37 PM.

Anonymous Guest

Quote Originally Posted by newyorkgal View Post
    To my cheeky kiwi - where the H are you? I don't like it when you disappear. Hope all is going well with the teeth and life in general. I'm gonna look for you on FB.... Check in soon please. So many of us worry about you...
    Hi Cheeky
    yea !!! I say what Bev just said !!! where are you !!!
    Melinda

Anonymous Guest

yeh just came from dentist, got one abcess and two dry sockets, she dressed em and now i gotta go up 45min north to the denture guy, hes apparently gonna grind a bit off he lid, coz its rubbing

im ok, did what i had to do last night and get by,

im ok today tho,

thanks for all bein there, dont forget while you fullas are still in last night, dats tuesday night, im here in wednesday afternoon.
    gets confusing, i been at work all day, got off a bit early to sort this coz i wanted to killl the receptionist i rang yesterday, grrrrr and it only took 5 minutes man and they wouldnt wait.

anyway ok here. thanks.
    Last edited by ddcmod; 09-14-2010 at 11:53 PM.

Anonymous Guest

OHHHH MANNNN !!!!! I'm so sorry cheek...there is nothing that hurts worse than a dry socket..OMG !!!
    I don't know how you got thru it but I'm glad you did !!!
    many many hugs to you ...
    talk to you soon, Melinda

Good to hear you finally got it figured out mate
    Wow, can't imagine the pain you went through girl. So glad it's on the mend now.
    Love ya tons!

Robert_325 is offline Retired

YEP!! Dry sockets totally suck! Take care of yourself. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Good job, Kiwi!!... Don't know what a dry socket is, but I do know an abscess hurts like Hxll.... And you got through it.... Proud of you girl !!

doc.rose is offline Advanced Member

also so very proud of you for getting through it. The pain getting worse each day, rather than getting better is definitely a red flag. I have never heard of dry socket, glad I now know what it is. Take care. I am also glad they are gonna fix your teeth for you. Take care my friend.

OXYmom is offline Member

Hey, my cheeky friend. How's it? I hope you feel better with the doc workin on your teeth. I guess you must be busy (or sleepin) Heck, I never can remember what time it is there. I was just thinkin bout you. Hang tough, kiwi, I know you are.

delta1011 is offline Senior Member

Hey Kiwi - my daughter is still wishing you were her patient! She said number one she would have made sure you would have seen somebody immediately when you called in with a problem and number two she would have held your hand while the dr. worked on you. Sweet babygirl. Take care and hoping that you're all better and grinning from ear-to-ear
    <>< jbchick

Cheeeeekkkkkkkyyyyyy!!
    Come out, come out wherever you are!
    Code 4 girl, remember?
    Updates, so we gotta talk

Anonymous Guest

Yes my little kiwi, update ASAP! Hope all is well for you my friend!

Default My Sweet Kiwi

Understandable that you might be unable to post. But if you are reading all ours just a few words to know you are alright. I hope your feeling better. We are all there for you Cheeky.
    Love
    HUGS AND Gentle Kisses
    Cher

Anonymous Guest

why o why aint i allowed to post, please tell me why, no cussing, no abuse,
    all i want to say is ive had a bad week,
    but that disappears too.

is there something i said...?

this is supposed to be for support, as it is i cant even put down the truth what did happen this week, and it is regarding a kind of relapse, but oh no i cant even say that.

constructive advise only, well i cant get any right now, coz i cant even be honest for fear of gettin deleted AGAIN

i fully expect this to disappear too, no fair.

Page 51 of 75 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast