Page 2 of 75 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
Like Tree410Likes
sub taper >2mg
    Anonymous Guest

Smile

hi tobi
    been away a couple of days.
    in answer to your question, i have definately gone over the 4 days every time. thats my bad.
    i do know it should be every 4 days, but i was a long time methadone user and to be quite honest, a big chicken.
    so you can go over if you dont feel right yet. somewhere a ways back robert gave someone the advice to wait till you level, as if you have problems they will follow you down. so make sure you feel fine on the current dose, and away you go.
    for the small doses also, i am going through a clinic, and can only dose once a day, and have done so for the whole time and have had no problems with that. some people report the same.
    you sound like you are doing really well. cool.
    i did a drop today actually, im now on 1.25, which is half a 2mg (1mg), and then a half of a quarter of a 2mg. figure that all out. but i manage.
    hope that helps you anyway, that is all only based on my experience.
    and as we are all different, i guess we need to know all possible options.

hi to all, thanks for all your support
    cheeky

doc.rose is offline Advanced Member

Hey cheeky!! How you been??

Anonymous Guest

hi doc.
    yeh ive been good. too good. got on the bourbon the other night with some friends, we had some heated and not so heated discussions as you do when you drink spirits, but fun was had by all.
    thanks for asking.
    with my taper, ive done the drop to 1.25, so far so good. only some very early morning symptoms, major stretching to the point of pulling muscles. thats what wd off methadone used to feel like and was always my worst symptom.
    it could be due to my only having subs once a day but i cant change that it is out of my control. anyway only the once, i woke at about 5am and had 1mg, earlier than i was supposed to so it wasnt extra. only early. then i had my .25 bit later on. i only get my subs at clinic, except for weekends so there is no point in trying to do roberts recommended twice a day, because the rest of the week it has to be once a day. i'll get through that. they won't break me with their stupid rules.
    hope everyone else is going fine.
    cracking on.
    cheeky

tobiclimber is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by cheekysod View Post
    hi doc.
    yeh ive been good. too good. got on the bourbon the other night with some friends, we had some heated and not so heated discussions as you do when you drink spirits, but fun was had by all.
    thanks for asking.
    with my taper, ive done the drop to 1.25, so far so good. only some very early morning symptoms, major stretching to the point of pulling muscles. thats what wd off methadone used to feel like and was always my worst symptom.
    it could be due to my only having subs once a day but i cant change that it is out of my control. anyway only the once, i woke at about 5am and had 1mg, earlier than i was supposed to so it wasnt extra. only early. then i had my .25 bit later on. i only get my subs at clinic, except for weekends so there is no point in trying to do roberts recommended twice a day, because the rest of the week it has to be once a day. i'll get through that. they won't break me with their stupid rules.
    hope everyone else is going fine.
    cracking on.
    cheeky
    hey cheeky, just wanted to pop in and say hi...i havent seen any really recent posts from u so just wanted to make sure all was good? It makes me happy to hear u r mustering through...Its getting harder for me every day it seems but i want it so bad that im trying not to let it bother me...I finally dropped to 2.25 from 4 in the last week....im proud but like i said its getting harder.. This is the quickest ive gone down in the whole time ive been on them but robert wont steer me wrong. Plus when i see or hear of ppl like u and so many others it give me hope... any how just wanted to be friendly and give u my ongoing support...U r doing great!!! keep it up coz im right behind u!!LOL...
    God bless and talk to u soon..

Anonymous Guest

yeh i answered on your thread on how it affects me. day 3 is the biggy.

have a read.
    thanks for checking up on me. cool.
    yeh you are right behind me, i better watch out or you might pass.

Robert_325 is offline Retired

cheekysod ..... just wanted to reassure you that even though it's proven that dosing twice a day during your sub taper is best it isn't such a critical factor that it will hamper your ability to make it through this successfully. The reason I have people dose twice is strictly my thing. And I have people do that reduction twice because you're splitting that reduction over the course of the day rather than having it affect us at one time. But it's just "a Robert thing" ... by no means is it a suggestion that will break the deal. You can take your sub once a day and you'll be just fine. People have done methadone once a day since the beginning of time and it's worked perfectly well. Again the two doses is just something that has proven to help in my years of experience, but by no means will it keep you from being successful.

I could feel some uneasiness (or I thought I noticed it) when you were talking earlier about doing it in one dose and I wanted to make sure that you understood that it wasn't anything for you to be uptight about. You're doing just fine. Let me know how I can help you as you move forward, but don't freak out about doing one dose. The main thing is that you don't take any MORE than two doses as that is addictive behavior and can be negative for you. Keep me posted if I can help you with this deal in any way. You're right on track bro! God bless.
    Last edited by Robert_325; 10-23-2009 at 05:45 PM.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Anonymous Guest

thanks robert. yeh i know as i am getting lower, i may be feeling things.
    guess thats the piper getting paid ay.
    anyway, when i was counting off methadone, in 01, they gave me quinine, which was supposed to help with something, maybe the muscles. cant remember, alls i know it made my mouth feel funny. and didnt really seem to help.
    oh yeh and another thing, always on the methadone i could have more, (you know what i mean) but with subs, i have NEVER even considered having any through the day, and for me that was really cool. so i feel confident. quietly.
    any ideas on what will releive the stretchy thing in the early mornings.
    and my dreams are still vivid, but not tooo bad. this morning i nearly stretched my calf muscles to bits. its not good.

thats really my only symptoms but then i walk about with sore muscles as if i have pulled them. which i usually have by then.

hope your knee is doing better, or at least on the way.
    thanks

Anonymous Guest

Default QUININE FOR LEG CRAMPS - hell not this time.

eeewww, i just looked up quinine. yep thats what they gave me, and it was obviously for the leg cramping. which seems to be my big symptom (well one of them if i was ct),
    so they dont think its good to take these days, dont know what the clinic does these days either, i was curious if anyone else has any ideas.
    have only ever had one sliver moment the whole time on subs, and that was due to not sleeping, and stretching stretching stretching.
    so i got up lucky it was a weekend, and had my sub early.
    might have been on day 3 of my drop to 1.25 so i guess thats to be expected.

that seems my worst symptom, having a hot bath soon its late.

and i don't think the quinine did any good that other time anyway, i still cramped myself to bits.

Anonymous Guest

Default leg cramps at 1.25mg, hump in road

ok for sure my main problem at the moment is waking up and cramping my legs.
    does anyone have any ideas on how to get thru that. or am i gonna just have to suck it up and handle the jandle.

any ideas appreciated anyway. cool.

newyorkgal is offline Platinum Member

hi cheeky ... Do you mean cramping of the calf muscles or general restless leg? I know they say take calcium and vitamin E for cramping. Restless leg is another story (hell) altogether though.
    NYG

Anonymous Guest

yep mostly the calf muscles, but big stretches to the point of nearly pulling muscles as they cramp right up.
    so its not the restless legs, i remember that.
    no it used to be my worst symptom if i had no methadone for a few days, so i guess it is logical it might be my worst symptom as i come right down to zero on the subs.
    thanks, i'm looking for L tyrosine also, local health store has some. so im trying to find something possibly for the cramps.
    last time i counted off methadone, they gave me quinine, but i think it didnt work, didnt seem to anyway,.
    thanks

Anonymous Guest

sooooooo i'm just a small fish in a big ocean of things going on.
    who am i to thing god or anyone else has time to fix me,
    let alone my friend who had two alaskan malamutes destroyed today
    long story
    but who am i to think that god is even caring.
    get a grip
    we are here alone
    and have to fix ourselves alone
    sookie3 likes this.

NikNak1 is offline Member

Hi there Cheekysod. Just wanted to let you know that you are not alone with the stretchy leg thing. It's been happening to me for a while now. It's not painful for me as such but it is really frustrating. I really have to stretch my calf muscles out hard. I'm at .25 and have just finished a two day skip...wonder when it will ease up?

TTTDogs is offline Member

Default Cheeky. I would if I could!

Cheeky,

You OK SIS? Never heard you down - but you are certainly entitled to a bad day or two ... just wanted to let you know that I care and I would "fix" you if I could ..... cause, my dear friend, YOU help FIX folks on this site everyday......

So EVERYONE - here is to sending HEALING and HAPPY thoughts Cheekys way!

Healing HUGS TTT

RubyDean is offline Member

greetings cheeky! sounds like you are really doing good on the taper. i know you have come a looong way, and real proud of you. keep it up. guess you will be dropping to the of so rewarding 1mg dose per day here soon?! rock steady. you really should try drinking more water during the days. it helps tremendously with body cramoing, especially calf muscles. just remember if nothing else to drink 2 glases before bedtime.

sooooooo i'm just a small fish in a big ocean of things going on.
    who am i to thing god or anyone else has time to fix me,
    let alone my friend who had two alaskan malamutes destroyed today
    long story
    but who am i to think that god is even caring.
    get a grip
    we are here alone
    and have to fix ourselves alone

We can't always understand everything that happens where God is concerned and this isn't really the place to get into it. Wish I could talk with you in person but I can't and will butt out. Just have to express my faith in God when others are in pain. God bless.
    sookie3 likes this.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Freedom4me is offline Advanced Member

Robert,
    have you always had such strong faith? If not, when did you accept Jesus? just curious. Was there a defining moment for you?

Freedom, not trying to be smart here, but didn't Robert just say "this really isn't the place to get into it." I think there is no problem talking about it to some degree, but I also think it is forum etiquette not to do it in someone elses post. Just my opinion, and I have nothing but love for the God of my understanding. I am sure Robert would be happy to talk to you about it elsewhere...

Jenny .... I was a total heathen for most of my life. How could someone who was such a scumbag as me be a Christian? I didn't even think a real God would want anything to do with someone like me if He existed.

My change in belief happened only a few years ago actually. I just finally realized one day the selfless love of the actual act of what Christ did for me on the cross so that I could have eternal life. At that moment my old life was buried at the cross and I became a new creature in Christ. It can happen to the worst of us if we give it a chance.

I won't turn this into a church service here on the forum. I always take it elsewhere. That's just what happened for me co-incidentally on Easter Sunday a few years ago. My life changed that day and I have never been an addict since as I became a new creature and the old person that was me became new. God bless.
    sookie3 and Nanuq like this.

Freedom4me is offline Advanced Member

Robert,
    That is a wonderful story. Thanks for sharing it. I think that will be helpful for people who are struggling with their faith and similar issues without turning it into a church service. Thank you.

RubyDean,
    Thank you for your opinion about forum etiquette.

Quote Originally Posted by RubyDean View Post
    Freedom, not trying to be smart here, but didn't Robert just say "this really isn't the place to get into it." I think there is no problem talking about it to some degree, but I also think it is forum etiquette not to do it in someone elses post. Just my opinion, and I have nothing but love for the God of my understanding. I am sure Robert would be happy to talk to you about it elsewhere...

Hey RubyDean .... just wanted to mention to you that I do agree with you that the forum isn't the place for preaching. That's why I try to answer questions about God per se as quickly as possible and I then always try to take it off the forum if the poster wants to discuss God in more detail. But Jenny didn't mean any harm.

This is drugs.com, it isn't A/A, it isn't N/A, it isn't church. So while it kind of annoys me when those in traditional recovery turn this into an NA meeting I understand others in traditional recovery feeling the same way in retrospect with me doing my thing if I take it too far. And I always give NA credit for saving my life though I've moved on to other things now like Celebrate Recovery.

Bottom line this forum is about answering questions about drugs....PERIOD. Hope that helps. I don't want any of us who are actually sane having a controversy. There are enough insane things that have come up on the forum recently and I wanted to prevent any potential of another controversy here between those of us who actually get along and respect one another. God bless.

I understand Robert, and appreciate you responding on that. I truly respect everyones beliefs, and there is a lot of great wisdom in all religions, and recovery groups that can be shared in a responsible and respectable manor. I guess my initial feelings were that I wanted to be respectful to cheeky (or anyone's own particular post). We all have different beliefs, values, and ideas, but we all have the same main reason for being here, to get clean, and/or help others. It just always seems odd to me when folks carry on unrelated conversations on others posts, but then again this is a public forum, so that is to be expected at times. No controversy, just caring people expressing their views. Carry on... Nothing but love for you both.

Today I have a better understanding that the peacemakers, even during war time, the Peace Makers shall be called the children of God.

There is a reason why it is said one should never debate politics or religion. People of faith will never be swayed just as those who don't believe won't be swayed. But there are so many different ways to express ones faith (or political view for that matter). Ruby, I understand what you are saying. We have to respect all views, no matter how extremely different and seperate from each other. Cheeky's belief is valid, Robert's is as well, and so is everything in between. Luckily no one has brought up Republican vs. Democrat or there would be battles galore. .
    NYG

Cheeky, you do sound as if you're having a bad day. I just wanna send you a hug. The fact that you mention the 2 mallamutes makes it obvious you're a dog lover (I am too). I know that would be enough to get anyone down. Hope you feel better real soon.
    NYG

Hey cheeky...just wanted to pop in and say im still in your corner...u r doing great!!! U r almost there and remember i comin up right behind u so dont let me catch up to u..hehehe

I wish u the best and u r in my prayers.. Stay strong.U can do this!!!

Anonymous Guest

im sorry for creating a bit of strife.
    yep i was having a really bad day, good friend of mine, her well loved, registered, malamutes, got out of their yard. and went and killed one fox terrier, and mauled another, (hes ok but wounded), well she suffers from depression, and is on god only knows what pills,
    and the foxys person came over and was threatening her, and the police came, and dog control, and basically she got bullied into letting her beloved dogs, get put down.
    as the police said in paper, no history of aggression, good dog owner, i know, anyway, its too late for anything now they are gone.
    BUT then all the locals pipe up, those foxys have NO FENCE, and are often roaming the streets, barking at the penned in dogs.
    its not fair.,
    thats why i felt so stink the other day, and now im still a bit teary about it.
    i have a dog, shes my baby. and i know how bad it feels to lose dogs, unfortunately we usually always outlive our dogs, but to go that way, two pure pedigrees, bummer.
    i also feel for the foxys owner, it would have been awful.
    it was just a terrible day and i couldnt help but post how helpless and useless and awful i felt. thank you all for responding,
    i didnt mean to start any trouble, you guys know im always in the "dogbox" for saying what i feel, im usually straight up and thats how i play it.

i feel the warmth and support, thank you, thank you.
    it hasnt stuffed me up taper wise, im nearly on 1, definately less than 1.25 now,
    yeh tobi i hope you dont catch me. but give it a try.

im hoping to be back to my usual upbeat, positive self later.

thanks everyone, and i really mean that.

Anonymous Guest

ruby dean and nik nak, thanks for the info on the leg cramps, thats my main symptom.
    and sometimes the dreams get a little vivid and real.
    but i can handle that.

i will try and drink lots more water. not beer. (heh heh)

cheers

Smile

im sorry for creating a bit of strife.
    yep i was having a really bad day, good friend of mine, her well loved, registered, malamutes, got out of their yard. and went and killed one fox terrier, and mauled another, (hes ok but wounded), well she suffers from depression, and is on god only knows what pills,
    and the foxys person came over and was threatening her, and the police came, and dog control, and basically she got bullied into letting her beloved dogs, get put down.
    as the police said in paper, no history of aggression, good dog owner, i know, anyway, its too late for anything now they are gone.
    BUT then all the locals pipe up, those foxys have NO FENCE, and are often roaming the streets, barking at the penned in dogs.
    its not fair.,
    thats why i felt so stink the other day, and now im still a bit teary about it.
    i have a dog, shes my baby. and i know how bad it feels to lose dogs, unfortunately we usually always outlive our dogs, but to go that way, two pure pedigrees, bummer.
    i also feel for the foxys owner, it would have been awful.
    it was just a terrible day and i couldnt help but post how helpless and useless and awful i felt. thank you all for responding,
    i didnt mean to start any trouble, you guys know im always in the "dogbox" for saying what i feel, im usually straight up and thats how i play it.

i feel the warmth and support, thank you, thank you.
    it hasnt stuffed me up taper wise, im nearly on 1, definately less than 1.25 now,
    yeh tobi i hope you dont catch me. but give it a try.

im hoping to be back to my usual upbeat, positive self later.

thanks everyone, and i really mean that.
    Hey cheeky, Im sorry to hear about your friends dogs. I have 1 dog and 2 cats so i totally get it...Everything will work out...

In regards to other things, Ijust want u to know that like before im proud of u and we will get through this...I am catching up..im at 1.5 now and im very proud...it has been difficult but i want this more then anything...God bless Robert for helping me and so many others...Any how i promise i will slow down so that way u will continue to have a consistent lead..just kidding...I know this isnt a race..hehe...

Anyhow im here for u anytime and u have my support so keep that chin up and turn the frown upside down(I LOVe CLICHE's) and keep up the great work...we are almost there...

Talk soon. God bless

TTTDogs is offline Member

Default Cheeky - so sorry

Cheeky,

Just read you post and have to admit I cried - you know how I feel about my pups - they are family and it IS so sad when they leave this earth.......this situation seems so unfair.........

but I am happy you are back - and ok - you really bring so much to this forum and touch the lives of so many folks - you are special my dear friend and we are here for you in your time of need ..........

Keep up the great work Cheeky - you are almost there!

Caring HUGS TTT

Anonymous Guest

hi triple t.
    yep unless we get a pup when we are about 80 maybe, they move on before we do.
    anyway thanks, im so bummed for my friend, and i look at my dog more lovingly when stuff like that happens. and such amazing looking dogs they were too. what a shame.
    but now the good news, well on monday it will be, im giving one a go.
    yep 1mg, omg, i cant beleive it actually.
    ive been on way longer than i thought i would be at first, but still plan to be on and off within 6 months, and thats still going to plan.
    after such a long time on meth and then too many contacts around, i didn't want to get on and off too quick, before i changed some of my ways of life.

so monday im going for it, 1mg here i come.
    really cracking on
    Last edited by Anonymous; 10-30-2009 at 07:25 PM.

Page 2 of 75 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast