Like Tree10Likes
  • 1 Post By detroit_boi
  • 1 Post By Anonymous
  • 4 Post By Anonymous
  • 1 Post By detroit_boi
strength of opiates compared
    detroit_boi is offline Member

Default strength of opiates compared

some very interesting stuff...For many even eye opening...Just look at where Buprenorhine(subutex) ranks

the strength is compared to the similar dose of morphine, for example aspirin is 1/360 of morphine or 360 times less potent, etc
    Last edited by detroit_boi; 03-20-2012 at 11:50 PM.
    dago77 likes this.

Anonymous Guest

Db.......
    glad I didn't see this when i jumped off 200mcg fent patches.....I knew i wanted to die......now i know why! Yikes!!!!!!!
    I didn't have a clue what I was headed into, whoa for me ignorance was bliss,
    except if i'd known this i would've gone a different route for sure....so good info!
    Interesting!
    Thanks
    Marian
    Last edited by Anonymous; 03-21-2012 at 01:00 AM.
    dago77 likes this.

Anonymous Guest

Db...
    I saved this for my own info in case I ever ever ever get into a spot where a doc wants to put me on something again.
    I will never again take anything without taking the responsibility onto myself to look it up and be informed.
    Hopefully I will never medically be there again.
    Saving just in case it gets deleted....ya never know what's fair game here!
    Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by shadowwally View Post
    Db...
    I saved this for my own info in case I ever ever ever get into a spot where a doc wants to put me on something again.
    I will never again take anything without taking the responsibility onto myself to look it up and be informed.
    Hopefully I will never medically be there again.
    Saving just in case it gets deleted....ya never know what's fair game here!
    Thanks again!
    you very welcome....This is the reason i posted this on here just to show ppl that some of the stuff they take are easier and some 100X harder to get off of. And in some cases, like yours and russ's, both fentanyl users, suboxone might have to be administered at higher doses at first to get stabilized...And for some users, suboxone should be avoided altogether, and basic tapering of might be the best and shortest rout out

Anonymous Guest

Gotcha!
    That's why i was so adamant and pushed Russ so hard on the subs.
    That was sooooo hard for me to do!
    I'm not one to push anyone on anything but wow......I knew he didn't have a clue!
    Now with this info.....much easier to see it on your own!

Quote Originally Posted by shadowwally View Post
    Gotcha!
    That's why i was so adamant and pushed Russ so hard on the subs.
    That was sooooo hard for me to do!
    I'm not one to push anyone on anything but wow......I knew he didn't have a clue!
    Now with this info.....much easier to see it on your own!
    you did the right thing, even subconsciously knowing the truth. Im sure the table above will help lots of ppl in the future to decide on proper dosages, if they choose the rout

PS could you even believe there is a drug that is 100,000X stronger then morphine, even at 1/1000 of mg?!!! wow, that blew me away. It is used to dart large animals like elephants, etc, so no human for of the drug exist, but could u even imagine W/D from THAT?!!!

dago77 is offline Senior Member

So it is saying that Sub is stronger than morphine?

Quote Originally Posted by dago77 View Post
    So it is saying that Sub is stronger than morphine?
    YES, it says that EVEN 0.25mg of Sub is 40X stronger then 10 mg of morphine

AMAZING isnt it

PS methadone (acute) means using methadone for 1-7 days
    methadone(chronic) is using methadone for extended periods of time, since it adds up in your system, just like Bupe, except it turnes out Bupe has LONGER HALF LIFE
    Last edited by detroit_boi; 03-21-2012 at 01:37 AM.
    dago77 likes this.

dago77 is offline Senior Member

I can remember the first time I got clean was at a detox center. You go there, they give it to you and then wait. This lady three 2mg pills over an hour. About 45 minutes later I couldn't see, I couldn't hold my head up. My boy had to drive the car. We went to eat after and I had to lay down in the booth!

The dr called me later to see how I was doing. I snapppped on this lady and hung up on her! Man I was so scared of those things after that. It was c/t from then on. Until years of that burned me out I figured out how to take subs. A tiny piece is all you need. That stuff is wicked dude

bump for those who didnt see this yet