Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes
Stopped subs cold turkey at 8mg Day 5, don't wanna go back
    kayleigh703703 is offline Junior Member

Default Stopped subs cold turkey at 8mg Day 5, don't wanna go back

Hello I'm a addict. I started out doing Vicodin, then oxys, then >>>>>>e, then what ever I could get my hands on. I did things that I never dreamed i could do. I stole thousand from my family, it was bad. I decided I wanted to get better, but at that time I didn't want to get better, I was just tired of getting sick. I was on methadone for bout three years. They had me on 180mg a day. they also provided me with benzos. I basically don't remember much of those three years. I ended up in a really bad relasonship. I had bin with a man I loved for ten years when I started doing drugs. After he left me I started dating his best friend (a dealer). He was very abusive and it eventually made me realize I could no longer live this way. I was going to die eventually. Either from drugs or the guy i was with. One morning after ducking a mug at my head (a relatively easy morning) I had something go off in my head. I couldn't do this anymore. My father helped me get into rehab. It was a fight. The methadone clinic don't like to let you go. Eventually I made them drop me from 180mg to 30mg in a week. I had to be at 30mg to get in. So I really didn't even feel it before i went in. When I got there and was assessed they told me they wanted me to stay for six mths and slowly tapper. I said forget it and told them I refused any more methadone. I signed a paper saying if anything happened to me it wasn't there fault. I stayed for two weeks then I checked out ama. It wasn't working for me. I was so sick I couldn't function, and was expected too. They didn't realize I wasn't coming of regular stuff like oxys, I wasn't all better after a week. Actually It took me a year before I even started to feel ok again. So I stayed sober for three years. No subs or anything. I was lucky to get my family back and the man I was with before the drugs. We got married, and I got pregnant. I had a emergency c section. I left the hospital with a bunch of Vicodin, when they were gone I wanted more, but I knew I had a new born to care for and my mom had stage 4 cancer at this point. I was caring for her also. So I went on subs. Have bin on them for three years. I got myself down to 8mg a day and I just went cold turkey 4 days ago. I actually don't feel bad yet. (I even ran a mile today) But I'm more tired than usually. but that's it. I know it has a long half life so I'm waiting. I know there are a lot of factors in how sick you get, weight, fat in the body, how well hydrated you are....... Any way I would hate to start back to them now, but I don't know how bad this will get. Any suggestions? Its good to talk about it. I never told my family about the subs. (most any way. I told my mom she was my best friend. she just passed away. She wanted to see me get of em and I'm doing this for her) so I don't have anyone to talk to. Talking seems to help.

missgizmo is offline Junior Member

Hi Kayleigh, my name is Christine and I have been on this site for 2 days...today is day 2 for me. I am detoxing Cold turkey off of Oxy's...way to go, you took the first step..everyone here has been super supportive. YOU CAN DO THIS!!! so can I and everyone else on here..I know how you feel..or don't feel..because when you are on these drugs you care about nothing else but the drugs. You are just numb..they rob your soul..I lost a ton of weight too..I don't eat, I don't sleep..but we are doing it..and we can get clean and stay clean..way to go girl..I am here for you too if you need to talk.

Quote Originally Posted by missgizmo View Post
    Hi Kayleigh, my name is Christine and I have been on this site for 2 days...today is day 2 for me. I am detoxing Cold turkey off of Oxy's...way to go, you took the first step..everyone here has been super supportive. YOU CAN DO THIS!!! so can I and everyone else on here..I know how you feel..or don't feel..because when you are on these drugs you care about nothing else but the drugs. You are just numb..they rob your soul..I lost a ton of weight too..I don't eat, I don't sleep..but we are doing it..and we can get clean and stay clean..way to go girl..I am here for you too if you need to talk.
    Hi Missgizmo,
    Thank You for being so supportive! Wow I feel for you! I have come off Oxy's before and it is hell! It's one of the reasons I got on methadone. (worst mistake of my life) My mom just died from breast cancer and its almost a given I will get it too. It's just a matter of time. My mom was only 50 when she died and only 18yrs older than me. I'm about to get the test for the gean. If I'm positive I will be going into surgery. I need to be off the subs. I want off of em. Every time i say screw it and wanna take a sub I think hell its already day 4 almost day 5 I can do this for myself and my mom. I know you can DO IT TOO! I know it's hard. Take vitamins drink as much water as you can, and personally I always used benadril(sry bout spelling my spell check broken) to sleep. Sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't. I know if you can hang on for seven days you will feel better. I know you feel week, but try to take a walk in the morning and at night, it helps. It replaces the saratonum you don't have right now. It also seemed to ease my nerves. I have detoxed off opiates more times than I care to admit. But I have never come off the subs and I'm not sure really what to expect. I'm kinda waiting for the other shoe to drop. I also keep telling myself that most of it is in my head. I don't envy you! lol But I Hope You Can Do it!!!!! I KNOW YOU CAN, IF YOU WANT IT BAD ENOUGH!!!!

missgizmo is offline Junior Member

I just got home from work and I had 4 pills in my purse and I didn't want to flush them..but another user who Is on day 4 off of subs..Sickofit is her name..she helped me through today while I was at work at my desk shaking and the chills, my heart was racing and I am just so sick and weak. Well I flushed them!!! I did it...you can do it too...we will be here for you.

You were on opiates alot? I hope I don't go back to them..this is my second time..NO MORE!!

I think tonight will be a rough night for me so I will be checking in lots..

staysober10 is offline Senior Member

kayleigh703703

I read your story and you are an extremely smart and tough girl. I am currently doing a sub taper and I am hoping to be off subs forever very soon. I just wanted to say I am glad you are getting off the pills, methadone and subs. I hope you do not experience any WD's but please keep posting on here and let us know how you are feeling everyday. Keep a journal/diary on here. Because you dont know who you are touching and helping with your story. Your story definitely gives me hope. Best of luck to you!

Hi Missgizmo,
    Ya I was on a lot of opiates, any I could get my hands on. I started out snorting it and eventually I started shooting it. I have bin thru withdraw prob for every opiate. (except sub's) Subs were really not around when i was at my worst. I didn't get into subs till I was sober. The dr said it would get me thru cravings with no withdraw. I should have known better than to listen to a dr, they are the reason I'm addicted to begin with. I live with chronic pain and they gave me pain pills no prob, but never told me the risk of getting dependent, they didn't explain about the withdraw. They continued to up me till I was on Oxy's.
    Good for You!!! This is the hardest part, the nights. I know they can seem to take a week to make it thru one night. It always helped me pass the time by reading a book. Some ppl can get into tv, its what ever you can do to make it that much better. Just keep telling yourself it's not as bad as you think, Its all in your head. I know that's sounds like ?????? advice but there is not much else. Eating sugar can help a little. Most ppl crave it when going thru wd's. It's your body's way of trying to speed up your metabolism. Or at least that's what I was told. But getting your mind off it helps.
    I'm scared. I'm on my 4 day, about to be my fifth day and i have bin told that's when the sub wd really just start. So far its bin manageable. I have five sub and I get a weeks worth on thurs. I just woke up and decided it ws time. I have bin wanting this for a wile. My mom being so sick it was not the time, then she passed and it was xmass, now there is nothing but time for me. I'm greaving hard and I think I'm starting to feel emotions I haven't felt in awhile. I'm crying at the drop of a pin, and that's not me.

steena is offline Junior Member

Hi Kayleigh,
    I'm sure some of the more senior members will pop in here soon. They're super experienced and will have lots of great advice. I personally tried stopping the subs at 8 mg myself about 2 weeks ago. I've been on them since September and stopping at 8 mg was not fun. I ended up coming here and they helped me start the taper method. I'm at 1.12 mg a day right now so hopefully I'll be off soon. Keep posting here, even if they're random thoughts. It'll help a lot. Also try the Thomas recipe. The l-tyrosine helped a lot with energy. Good luck to you! Stay strong!
    breezybaby likes this.

staysober10 is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by kayleigh703703 View Post
    Hi Missgizmo,
    Ya I was on a lot of opiates, any I could get my hands on. I started out snorting it and eventually I started shooting it. I have bin thru withdraw prob for every opiate. (except sub's) Subs were really not around when i was at my worst. I didn't get into subs till I was sober. The dr said it would get me thru cravings with no withdraw. I should have known better than to listen to a dr, they are the reason I'm addicted to begin with. I live with chronic pain and they gave me pain pills no prob, but never told me the risk of getting dependent, they didn't explain about the withdraw. They continued to up me till I was on Oxy's.
    Good for You!!! This is the hardest part, the nights. I know they can seem to take a week to make it thru one night. It always helped me pass the time by reading a book. Some ppl can get into tv, its what ever you can do to make it that much better. Just keep telling yourself it's not as bad as you think, Its all in your head. I know that's sounds like ?????? advice but there is not much else. Eating sugar can help a little. Most ppl crave it when going thru wd's. It's your body's way of trying to speed up your metabolism. Or at least that's what I was told. But getting your mind off it helps.
    I'm scared. I'm on my 4 day, about to be my fifth day and i have bin told that's when the sub wd really just start. So far its bin manageable. I have five sub and I get a weeks worth on thurs. I just woke up and decided it ws time. I have bin wanting this for a wile. My mom being so sick it was not the time, then she passed and it was xmass, now there is nothing but time for me. I'm greaving hard and I think I'm starting to feel emotions I haven't felt in awhile. I'm crying at the drop of a pin, and that's not me.
    kayleigh,

Congrats on making it to day 5. You said it in your post to that most of the WD is in your head and to keep your mind off it. I know that is so hard to do during WD but try to take your own advice! Just because it is day 5 and you think u should be feeling WD and u dont, dont make urself think about it so much where u start thinking that u actually do have WD. Does that make sense? By now, you should have been experiencing some sort of WD, at least something. Thats great that you havent. Maybe u dodged a hugeeee bullet!

Quote Originally Posted by staysober10 View Post
    kayleigh,

Congrats on making it to day 5. You said it in your post to that most of the WD is in your head and to keep your mind off it. I know that is so hard to do during WD but try to take your own advice! Just because it is day 5 and you think u should be feeling WD and u dont, dont make urself think about it so much where u start thinking that u actually do have WD. Does that make sense? By now, you should have been experiencing some sort of WD, at least something. Thats great that you havent. Maybe u dodged a hugeeee bullet!
    remember

I hope so. So far I have extremely tired and I have bin sneezing all day. My attitude had bin kinda bad. (I have bin snappy all day) but I have bin sleeping, and no chills. (they are the worst part for me) I don't know why. I have bin telling myself its all in my head and I do believe some of it is, I just never knew how much. I'm hoping I missed a bullet, but according to what I bin reading on here I could just be starting. I actually got really discouraged after reading a lot an here. I even made my husband give me a sub before he left for work.(I had him hide them) But I haven't touched it. I lost a lot of weight in the last year (over a hundred pounds) I have heard the less body fat you have the faster its out of the body. I also made myself go jogging today. I didn't get far. Bout a half a mile. Over the summer I could jog two miles a day, then I started 24hr care with my mom. I didn't leave her house (other than my dr apt) for two mths, till she passed. So I have gotten away from it.

Quote Originally Posted by steena View Post
    Hi Kayleigh,
    I'm sure some of the more senior members will pop in here soon. They're super experienced and will have lots of great advice. I personally tried stopping the subs at 8 mg myself about 2 weeks ago. I've been on them since September and stopping at 8 mg was not fun. I ended up coming here and they helped me start the taper method. I'm at 1.12 mg a day right now so hopefully I'll be off soon. Keep posting here, even if they're random thoughts. It'll help a lot. Also try the Thomas recipe. The l-tyrosine helped a lot with energy. Good luck to you! Stay strong!
    Hi Steena,
    Thank you for the advice. what is the I-tyrosine?

cheeky is offline Diamond Member

stopping subs at 8mg is not a good idea... it is far better to taper off.. dont want to be a downer here, but that is a helluva high dose to stop just like that... have you got more to do a taper with... you may feel fine now but with the long half life and all of the subs backed up in your system, in about 3 days you are gonna feel like shyte... and thats no joke. please reconsider stopping cold turkey and taper gradually... you have come too far to blow it all by being impatient right now..
    iloerose likes this.

alexnt is offline Platinum Member

Hi Kay i just came across your thread and saw what you are doing. I just finished a sub taper after 4 months of being on it. Im a member of this site and a couple of others one like this. I didnt start posting on this site about my sub use till i was already 2 months into my taper even though ive been a member here for years. Ihave read hundreds of threads on this site and 2 other sites over a period of time. Im by n means any kind of expert what so ever. But from what ive gathered on a lot of several others experience with sub use is that you might reconsider. Im by no means trying to scare you and if you can jump right off more power to you. Cheeky pointed out that you have a lot of sub built up in your system right now. She knows what shes talking about trust me. Like i said im not trying to scare you but i just hate to see this backfire on you. I see your new to this site so you might read the taper plan thats on here. Anyway best of luck to you whatever course you end up taking

I know jumping off at 8mg is probably not a good idea. I do have three strips and I get a weeks worth thurs. I have bin begging my dr for almost two yrs to get me off, I cant afford it. But with my mom passing, I really can't now. My insurance will pay for my urine tests, and my meds (3 weeks out of 4 and 1 week is 170) So I have to pay close to 400$ a mth and I just cant do it any more.
    I came off of 180mg of methadone cold. And didn't relapse. If I get to the point I need something I figured I could take a quarter. I'm the kinda person once I get it in my head I'm done, i'm done. I never was your typical patent. After I cleaned up I spent a few years clean, but I was never able to go to meetings. I know that its not recommended, but for me the meetings made me crave worse. Sitting around talking about it makes it worse. In fact bout a week ago I did go to a meeting. I have bin out of the loop for almost six yrs. That was the last time I was on the streets for stuff. So I don't know any hook ups or anything. (not that I couldn't find some) But I sat and heard a young kid sit and say he couldn't bring himself to throw his dealers numbers away. I was sitting there thinking I could ask him for em. I got outta there. I know I don't go about things the normal way, but I had to try.
    I slept last night and feel ok today. I'm still waiting to feel something bad. I'm sure I'll feel it soon. My best friend stopped the same time I did. She was on the same dose. She has bin sick for three days, so I guess everyone is diff.
    Thank You all for the advice and for listening, makes a big difference getting to talk about it.

caughtagain is offline Diamond Member

agree with Cheeky on this ( she knows what she is talking about)... The problem is the half life of the SUBS.. You are going to start feeling poor... Better to do it correct once.. Read this link on the proper taper method. We are here for you, but now that you have made your mind up, let's get it done properly. All my best, Reid

http://www.drugs.com/forum/featured-...apy-50887.html

Quote Originally Posted by caughtagain View Post
    agree with Cheeky on this ( she knows what she is talking about)... The problem is the half life of the SUBS.. You are going to start feeling poor... Better to do it correct once.. Read this link on the proper taper method. We are here for you, but now that you have made your mind up, let's get it done properly. All my best, Reid

http://www.drugs.com/forum/featured-...apy-50887.html
    Hi caughtagain!
    I did go cold and i'm almost at six days if you count by hrs. lol It gets me thru. But I'm not horrible. Actually I'm ok. If the wd get's bad I'm going to take some. I have three stips and I get more tomorrow. But so far it hasn't bin that bad. more tolerable. I'm starting to get the idea this could get relly bad anytime now. So I;m waiting to see. I have wanted off then for so long, I just really hate to go back after six days.

Hi caughtagain!
    I did go cold and i'm almost at six days if you count by hrs. lol It gets me thru. But I'm not horrible. Actually I'm ok. If the wd get's bad I'm going to take some. I have three stips and I get more tomorrow. But so far it hasn't bin that bad. more tolerable. I'm starting to get the idea this could get relly bad anytime now. So I;m waiting to see. I have wanted off then for so long, I just really hate to go back after six days.
    Reid,
    How do you brake a strip down to .25 or less? Thank You

cut them with nail scissors.... half a strip would be 4mg.... half of that 2mg..... half of that 1mg,,,,, half of that .5mg and so on.....

you say you are gettin some tomorrow..? how many. ?? it really would pay you to do this taper once, and do it right, coz from reading your posts you have a history of gettin clean, only to get back into it again... much like me... also, you have gone 6 days now, but have subs coming... are you sure you are ready to do this...?
    hope so mate...
    caughtagain likes this.

Cheeky I have nin sober for six years. I have bin on subs for 3 out of those three yrs. I have never wanted to get off them more! I never would have made it this far if I didn't. But I'm starting to think you are right. I don't know why I wanna torture myself. I have 3 now I get 7 tomorrow. I have a dr apt next week and I will get two weeks worth. I can keep going to my dr, but I cant afford it. I can swing seeing him one last time. I switched dr cause my old one had no intentions on ever getting me off three a day , so I found a new dr. This one said he would help me ween down, but its bin 4mths and he hasn't lowered me at all. He thinks i'm on two a day, but I bin only on 1 for bout a mth maybe 2. I read the tapper and I'm a little confused, It said if you can go 4 to 5 days without feeling bad, that you are good. So if I have gone this long is good or bad to take any? I'm the kinda person when I'm done I'm done. Nothing can hurt like going cold off 180mg (a day). But I have a 3yr old to care for. I'm not bad, but still waiting for the other shoe to drop. Thank You so much for taking the time for me, i appreciate it.

PatrickB is offline Member

I'm impressed that you can make it that many days OK. I've had 3 experiences with Suboxone withdrawal now. The first I was self medicating around 2mg for only 2 weeks and there was barely any WD but the problem was after a week I went back to using.

Second time I had been on it with a scrip from a Dr. I WD from about 4-5MG and it was HELL. I felt it after 2-3 days. I honestly cannot imagine not feeling completely and utterly terrible WD from 8mg. But if you are okay and not experiencing any discomfort then I don't see why you couldn't hold off but WD can sometimes be tricky and if hit with enough pain and discomfort there are moments of weakness that may happen. But hey if you say you're done, I'm not going to question you. I hope you make it through this! Again I went back to using after about 10 days and went back to the doctor.

My most recent experience was last May. I tapered myself (didn't use the taper plan exactly but about the same pace probably a little slower) from 12 MG down to about .5 mg when I stopped and although I was tired for a couple weeks and overly sensitive - I ultimately made it through. I had the same mindset you did though, I'm done with this - of course I was on much much less of a dose. I also worked the 12 steps and regurly attend meetings and do service work. All that stuff has helped IMMENSELY for me me not returning to drugs.

I've been off Subs 8 months now and off other stuff for 2.5 years now and living a much happier life than I ever thought possible. Good luck to you =)

Quote Originally Posted by PatrickB View Post
    I'm impressed that you can make it that many days OK. I've had 3 experiences with Suboxone withdrawal now. The first I was self medicating around 2mg for only 2 weeks and there was barely any WD but the problem was after a week I went back to using.

Second time I had been on it with a scrip from a Dr. I WD from about 4-5MG and it was HELL. I felt it after 2-3 days. I honestly cannot imagine not feeling completely and utterly terrible WD from 8mg. But if you are okay and not experiencing any discomfort then I don't see why you couldn't hold off but WD can sometimes be tricky and if hit with enough pain and discomfort there are moments of weakness that may happen. But hey if you say you're done, I'm not going to question you. I hope you make it through this! Again I went back to using after about 10 days and went back to the doctor.

My most recent experience was last May. I tapered myself (didn't use the taper plan exactly but about the same pace probably a little slower) from 12 MG down to about .5 mg when I stopped and although I was tired for a couple weeks and overly sensitive - I ultimately made it through. I had the same mindset you did though, I'm done with this - of course I was on much much less of a dose. I also worked the 12 steps and regurly attend meetings and do service work. All that stuff has helped IMMENSELY for me me not returning to drugs.

I've been off Subs 8 months now and off other stuff for 2.5 years now and living a much happier life than I ever thought possible. Good luck to you =)
    Thank You Patrick
    Its so hard not to take anything. I'm still waiting for the worst of it. Right now it's just discomfort. But if I start getting worse, I will take some of a sub, I'm just not sure what dose I'd go back to and then ween off. I was starting to wonder if I was putting myself thru this when it could have bin easier. I have some klonopin, but I like it so much I only take when I have a panc attack. (I had anxiety probs before I ever dabbled with my 1st drug) I just don't know what to do. After this long it feels really wrong to even take .25, but maybe tapering is a lot better. Again I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop. I was on subs for 3 years, it prob hasn't hit me yet. If I knew this was the worst of it I'd just get thru it, just don't know what to do.

Btw congratulations!!! 2.5 years is AWESOME!!!

winged eagle is offline Advanced Member

Thank You Patrick
    Its so hard not to take anything. I'm still waiting for the worst of it. Right now it's just discomfort. But if I start getting worse, I will take some of a sub, I'm just not sure what dose I'd go back to and then ween off. I was starting to wonder if I was putting myself thru this when it could have bin easier. I have some klonopin, but I like it so much I only take when I have a panc attack. (I had anxiety probs before I ever dabbled with my 1st drug) I just don't know what to do. After this long it feels really wrong to even take .25, but maybe tapering is a lot better. Again I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop. I was on subs for 3 years, it prob hasn't hit me yet. If I knew this was the worst of it I'd just get thru it, just don't know what to do.
    Hello, kayleigh :-)
    Unfortunately, you're right, the other shoe will drop. It's inevitable with sub and its long half life. And you having been in them so long, it's stacked up in your system, which would explain this many days in relatively mild discomfort.
    Yes, the other shoe will drop, and it won't be pretty. I jumped off a high dose of sub once. Big mistake. Weeks of crazy stuff until I got back on H. Point is, once the heavy stuff hits, and if you decide to push through, we'll support you, but the rate for relapse is pretty high.
    Here's the good news though: there's a simple solution to all this.
    You re-induct.
    In other words, when things start getting worse, you wait till you're a 26 on the COWS sheet (that's to assess the mildness or severity of your withdrawal. A 26 would mean moderate w/d), at which point you start taking subs in increments of .5mg. Take the first, wait about 40 minutes to an hour. If need be, take another. Again, wait until you're certain it's done its job. Usually takes 40 minutes. And so on and so forth. This would ensure you induct on the lowest possible dose.
    Then you taper down from there, get to around .25mg, do a skipping process, and jump.
    Doing it this way would be a walk in the park compared to jumping off a high dose.
    I've done it.
    Cheeky's done it.
    In fact, I personally know too many to count here, and then there are the thousands who came to this forum and did this taper.
    It works.
    Let us know what you think..
    LovesAnimals likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by winged eagle View Post
    Hello, kayleigh :-)
    Unfortunately, you're right, the other shoe will drop. It's inevitable with sub and its long half life. And you having been in them so long, it's stacked up in your system, which would explain this many days in relatively mild discomfort.
    Yes, the other shoe will drop, and it won't be pretty. I jumped off a high dose of sub once. Big mistake. Weeks of crazy stuff until I got back on H. Point is, once the heavy stuff hits, and if you decide to push through, we'll support you, but the rate for relapse is pretty high.
    Here's the good news though: there's a simple solution to all this.
    You re-induct.
    In other words, when things start getting worse, you wait till you're a 26 on the COWS sheet (that's to assess the mildness or severity of your withdrawal. A 26 would mean moderate w/d), at which point you start taking subs in increments of .5mg. Take the first, wait about 40 minutes to an hour. If need be, take another. Again, wait until you're certain it's done its job. Usually takes 40 minutes. And so on and so forth. This would ensure you induct on the lowest possible dose.
    Then you taper down from there, get to around .25mg, do a skipping process, and jump.
    Doing it this way would be a walk in the park compared to jumping off a high dose.
    I've done it.
    Cheeky's done it.
    In fact, I personally know too many to count here, and then there are the thousands who came to this forum and did this taper.
    It works.
    Let us know what you think..
    Winged Eagle,
    Thank You so much! I really am starting to feel it and I wasn't sure how much to take. I'm going to try what you recommended and see how much I need and tapper from there. I have a dr, Im just tired of living this way, and the money. I can't afford it anymore. Thank you so much for the guidance, everyone has bin great here and understands.
    cheeky likes this.

winged eagle is offline Advanced Member

No problem, kayleigh.
    Just one thing: do wait till you can't stand the withdrawals before you start dosing. That way we make sure you induct on a lower dose.
    Then take doses in .5mg pieces, remember that.
    I wouldn't be surprised if you reinducted at less than 2mg actually, doing it this way.
    A taper down to .25mg after that shouldn't be an issue whatsoever :-)
    Hang in there, you're gonna make it!

Quote Originally Posted by winged eagle View Post
    No problem, kayleigh.
    Just one thing: do wait till you can't stand the withdrawals before you start dosing. That way we make sure you induct on a lower dose.
    Then take doses in .5mg pieces, remember that.
    I wouldn't be surprised if you reinducted at less than 2mg actually, doing it this way.
    A taper down to .25mg after that shouldn't be an issue whatsoever :-)
    Hang in there, you're gonna make it!
    Thank you so much! I didn't want to wast the days I just went thru. I'm not bad enough to take anything yet but if the chills get any worse I will. That's the part I can't handle, when my body can't regulate temp. It's the worse. I do have a question I forgot to ask before. Once you get all this ???? out of your system are you always so sensitive to cold and stuff? I always was even when I was sober 3 yrs without anything. wondered if it was just me. Hoping for something to look forward to.

caughtagain is offline Diamond Member

when you are going through wd/taper remember what is going on.. Your body is trying to figure out the "norm" again.... The physiology is all over the place... After some time, yes your body will stablize... But it takes time and everyone has their own "normal" proud of you and know we are cheering you on. Reid
    kayleigh703703 likes this.

you will get back to normal after all that is out of your system.... how you feeling and how much did you end up taking... listen to eagle, she has it right..

those 5 days will be a godsend in the end, coz im sure too that you will be able to reinduct at a far lower amount, and then taper from there...

good on ya

Quote Originally Posted by cheeky View Post
    you will get back to normal after all that is out of your system.... how you feeling and how much did you end up taking... listen to eagle, she has it right..

those 5 days will be a godsend in the end, coz im sure too that you will be able to reinduct at a far lower amount, and then taper from there...

good on ya
    Well I took 2.5 mg and I don't feel much better, but I'm not taking any more. I really didn't want to take that but I have a 3 yr old and a husband and I have bin kinda a rip roaring b****. I know as soon as I do it, but can't help flipping out, so for there sake and mine I took some. I held off as long as I could. In a way I feel like I failed by taking something, but I really think its for the best, I never would have made it. Thank you all for all of your support. It's nice to have someone to talk to that understands and will give advice.

ok see how ya go... im surprised after day 5 that you dont feel better with that in you... how long ago was it.? anyway good on ya, dont take any more and re assess in the morning ay...

its ok, you will get this right and taper down.... then you will slowly get back to your normal old self... its also so WONDERFUL to be free and not have a habit... oh yeh it rocks

Well I took 2.5 mg and I don't feel much better, but I'm not taking any more. I really didn't want to take that but I have a 3 yr old and a husband and I have bin kinda a rip roaring b****. I know as soon as I do it, but can't help flipping out, so for there sake and mine I took some. I held off as long as I could. In a way I feel like I failed by taking something, but I really think its for the best, I never would have made it. Thank you all for all of your support. It's nice to have someone to talk to that understands and will give advice.
    Cheeky I was wrong. I just didn't wait long enough for it to kick in, or I may have bin really hoping for immediate relief. But I'm a little confused on where to go from here. Should I skip tomorrow, and resume the 2.5 every other day, or do I just take everyday and decrease the dose every 4day? And is day 4 the day you decrease? I think I could have held out on going cold if I was alone, but my poor husband and daughter. When I came off the methadone cold I had no job, no husband or kids, and no job. Now I can't lock myself in a room for a mth.
    Growing up sucks sometimes, but at 35yrs old it may be time! lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast