Step Away From the Xanax Jenna Ann
    Jennann4 is offline Junior Member

Default Step Away From the Xanax Jenna Ann

Can someone please say that to me? I have gone 12 days now cold turkey and was great on Friday. I think that getting past the worst of the worst was cause for celebration but then I realized I stil have so much real world ******** to deal with that my anxiety levels are through the roof.

I have to go to a superbowl party and know I'll be under a microscope by my boyfriend. One xanax will make me appear normal. Am I just going through a normal setback wave? I still have these CNS twitches to conceal. I just want to be my happy confident self again. I'm beating myself up so bad that makes it worse. I feel as alone in this world as I ever have.

Jenna Ann

APeabody is offline Junior Member

Default You're not alone!

STEP AWAY FROM THE XANX JENNA ANNE

Hi m'dear,

You can do this. You've already been through 12 days, don't throw those away and have to begin again.

And stop beating yourself up. We've all done very bad things. There's a silly quote I like "I'm an ass. You're an ass. . . So what do you expect from an ass."

Its hard to forgive yourself but the best way to do it is through action (not taking your drug of choice) and being kind to yourself.

Give the anxiety over and only try to control what you actually can. Remember to breath and know you've got alot of support right here.

Maire
    Let there be peace on earth and let it begin with me

Anonymous Guest

Hi Jenna
    YIKES ... I quit c/t off of my klonopin..that was one of the hardest things I have ever done...how long and how much were you taking...
    If I could have done it over again I would have tapered off of them...
    so let us know how it's going...
    Talk to you soon, Melinda

Thanks Marie,

I saw that you were fighting the same thing with alcohol because of your husband's facebook incident. I had to drink today so I wouldn't take xanax so I've got that ass thing down - cold.

I know I have to learn to relax and not let things seem way more important than they are.

I also know as a woman, that if you are cool and calm when you confront your hubby on his meeting, you'll have the upper hand. If you are drinking and angry, he'll use that against you. And I think the fact he lied to you outweighs your bad of checking the open facebook page. But no matter what happens, we're doing this for a better lives for ourselves, regardless of how it affects our relationships.

You'll be ok. Thanks for saying as such to me. Funny, we need each other to say what we already know?

Jenna Ann

Hi Melinda,

Yup I would have tapered too but didn't know better and went c/t off benzos. I was using like 2-3 mg for the last 3-4 years but started cranking up my dosage because it wasn't working. I had no idea about all these CNS symptons, the twitching and zaps. I finally slet Friday after 10 days but this weekend was a sad pitiful exercise. I though I would be normal and I'm not. I've cut myself off from life as I've known it.

Default Thank goodness for eachother!

Well, I didn't drink, he's home and I asked him calmly about if he had intended to meet her when he left and he lied again. Sort of. He said there was a chance he might meet her but his face book flat out said see you in 20 minutes. So, I've decided to let it go.

Its not worth it right now. I've got too much on my plate and want to focus on me.

You're so right. We are doing this for ourselves not others and have to do what must be done to protect ourselves during this hardest time.

Best
    M

Wow - that's great M

He knows he dodged a bullet and you are so right about your plate. Reducing the conflict while you get stronger is a wise move girl. He's got the superbowl to watch. And your all the more stronger. Good job.

Jenna Ann

Default Thanks Jenna ann!

Just wanted to say thanks! You should be proud of yourself too.

It felt really good that I didn't let my addiction control me (with everybody's help). And here I am almost through another day. Its my fifth day sober.

Let me know how you are! I'm thinking about you.

Maire
    Let There be Peace On Earth and Let it Begin With Me