Starting Suboxone
    Tbone420 is offline New Member

Default Starting Suboxone

Hi everyone! Ive been lurking these boards for a couple months and finally decided to make the jump to subs. My DOC roxy 150-200 mg a day. My appt is monday at 1:45 to get on suboxone. I have 2 30 mg pills to get me through work tonight. If i take my last pill around 6 or 7 tonight I should be good for doc on Monday right thats like 40 something hours. Doc office said 48 but I hope 40 is enough cuz there is no way i could make it through work without something. I was able to get off Sunday and Monday so I should be able to tough it out at the house. One question though I have ultram and was wondering if this would be ok to take until my doc appt on Monday. It helps a lot with withdrawals. Just dont want to screw up my induction. So is there anyone here that has any experience taking trammies before the induction and did it have any negative effects on induction.

Dutch1324 is offline New Member

Well i think what you are asking is if taking ultram will affect the suboxone once you start on it. If that is what your asking then the answer is no since its not an opiate it wont affect the suboxone or vice versa. but since the suboxone doc will drug test you to see if you are on/taking anything it will probablly show up on the test which shouldnt be a problem if it is you havnt started your suboxone script yet but if he does say something to you about it make sure you tell him you needed it for the withdrawls before you get your script and you didnt want to take any roxys/opiates. Also im not sure if you know this but once you are on suboxone do not take any opiates, if you take an opiate before you take a suboxone you will most likely go into percipitated withdrawl which is horrible. and if you take any opiates after you take the suboxone depending on how long after you will either go into the pwd or just not feel the opiate at all. i hope this helps and answers your question, if you have anymore questions about suboxone feel free to ask

musicman48 is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tbone420 View Post
    Hi everyone! Ive been lurking these boards for a couple months and finally decided to make the jump to subs. My DOC roxy 150-200 mg a day. My appt is monday at 1:45 to get on suboxone. I have 2 30 mg pills to get me through work tonight. If i take my last pill around 6 or 7 tonight I should be good for doc on Monday right thats like 40 something hours. Doc office said 48 but I hope 40 is enough cuz there is no way i could make it through work without something. I was able to get off Sunday and Monday so I should be able to tough it out at the house. One question though I have ultram and was wondering if this would be ok to take until my doc appt on Monday. It helps a lot with withdrawals. Just dont want to screw up my induction. So is there anyone here that has any experience taking trammies before the induction and did it have any negative effects on induction.
    You must score a minimum of 26 on the COWS worksheet.If ultram curbs your withdrawal than you will not do well Monday.If you are not in withdrawal the suboxone will put you in precipitated withdrawal which is a nightmare.I suggest you read this sticky by Robert_325...He is the man who has helped the most people with sub therapy.Good luck to you and do yourself a favor and leave the ultrams alone....The more you are in withdrawal the better your sub induction will go.
    http://www.drugs.com/forum/featured-...apy-50887.html

Anonymous Guest

definately make sure you are 26 on the cows sheet, use that sticky that mm suggested.
    i didnt do it right and went into precipitated withdrawl, in not nice. i promise you.

and once you are on subs, if you take opiates you wont feel them. you wont do prec wd then tho. thats just not true.

good luck, hope the doc does a good induction, and you get on a low dose, the lower the better dont get hooked up on the numbers. when you feel good, thats a good place. its almost a cliche but with subs, less is more.

good one pal
    cheeky

newyorkgal is offline Platinum Member

Doctors are misinformed and the make you believe you need to start on a high dose. Most people don't really need more than 8 to start and many not even that high. As my mate cheeky said, with sub, less is truly more. Some people actually don't feel well on too high a dose so try to keep it as low as possible. Good luck.

Tbone420 is offline New Member

Thanks for the replies guys just took last roxy and gonna tough it out till Monday. Thank god i have the next two days off work