soma
    sweetchikk05 is offline Banned

Default soma

Ok, my girlfriend wendy just called me for advice and this is a hard one for me, I myself have been clean now for over 4 weeks, but she asked me if soma's will help with methadone withdraw....she has been taking methadone for years but she wants to quit and she gets her somas from the dr tommorow and shes taking her last methadone tonight before bed, anyhow, somas are a narcotic muscle relaxer, she wants to know if they will help with her withdraws...let me know so I can call her back..thank you..
    Liz Ann

cluelessNJ is offline Senior Member

Liz Ann,
    Did she wean down on the methadone?

June

CLEAN DATE 1/23/06

no, shes been taking 40 miligrams a day comsistantly, I just called her, I tolf her I dont know if somas will help or not, then she told me she was scared to quit with taking nothing...I tolf her I posted this to get her question answered, I told her I would call her back when someone answered me...she cant ask her dr becuase she gets the methadone from a different dr, she goes dr and drug store hopping...
    anyhow let me know if you think they will help, I mean I can imagine they would have to its gotta be better than quitting cold turkey
    anyhow I am waiting for your response

Liz

justwhatever is offline Member

The somas will probably help her fall asleep, and would help with the muscle spasms, so they may be some help, but tell her to be careful. I've seen several people o/d on somas and it's not pretty. I personally don't like them at all, they make me shake ("soma shuffle") and they give me the chills. Some people really love them though. I took somas to get over w/ds once when they were the only thing I had, and I noticed after a few days that I was developing a tolerance quickly, and was starting to abuse them. And I don't even like them! Your friend is in a very vulnerable position right now, and she needs to be very careful. I would tell her, take the somas, don't take more than directed, see if they help, but in the mean time, come clean with her doctor- I'm sure he could get her on something much better to ease the pain. There are a lot more effective and safer ways to go

amanda

if she has been taking methadone for years and just quit cold turkey, she is in for a nasty couple of days. I would really suggest your friend seek some professional help.

"I see absolutely no virtue whatsoever in unconstructive suffering..."

M. Scott Peck, M.D.

What your friend is doing is brave and scary enough, she should try to make it as easy on her body as possible

amanda

did you call your friend wendy?

soma's are very addictive why doesnt SHE TRY CLONIDINE IT REALLY HAS HELPED ME GET OFF percs...
    quote:Originally posted by sweetchikk05

Ok, my girlfriend wendy just called me for advice and this is a hard one for me, I myself have been clean now for over 4 weeks, but she asked me if soma's will help with methadone withdraw....she has been taking methadone for years but she wants to quit and she gets her somas from the dr tommorow and shes taking her last methadone tonight before bed, anyhow, somas are a narcotic muscle relaxer, she wants to know if they will help with her withdraws...let me know so I can call her back..thank you..
    Liz Ann

Ok, I called her and told her what everyone said and suggested, I think shes going to quit or attempt to...thank you for all the advice, I will let you know how shes doing as I am sure she wont quit buggin me when she withdrawing, but it doesnt bother me, what are friends for??? I am glad shes making an effort to be honest..talk to yo uall later, I will keep you posted

Liz Ann

skunx88 is offline Member

I don't know if it will help, but I don't think it hurts. My friend uses them all the time and he said that is the only thing they do not check for in UA's. It may be worth a try. Like someone said, it is a muscle relaxant, and will help you sleep. It may take the jumping leg effect away...
    Good luck,
    Scott.