so screwed
    judy moynihan is offline New Member

Default so screwed

i posted once before about quitting morphine and how long the symptoms beyond the getting sick (that part is over) would last. I just found out I'm pregnant so I stopped the morphine, other recreational drugs, plus my prozac AND klonopin. This is not an easy ride, I have to work for a living so I can't hide out at home. the tiredness and back pain (herniated discs) but the worst is the overwhelming DESIRE to take SOMETHING,ANYTHING. I've avoided my contacts but my cousin Ronnie is my main guy. He just got out of detox and he's calling me about methadone, percs he's a trader too and loves the klonis so he's all about making deals like this. He's gonna show up at work tommorow , i swear to god I don't want to hurt this baby. I feeel like a ********************ing monster because I'm so ********************ing tempted.

Mike VG is offline Senior Member

Don't do it Judy. This is the hard part. It's always gonna be the hardest part. You have to distance yourself as is feasibly possible from people, including family who are going to tempt you with your worst enemy, drugs. Or you're going to start the cycle again. And the shame, and the self-loathing, on and on and on. There's no cliche that can help. Yhis is where the rubber meets the road. Don't do it. For you.
    Mike VG
    Last edited by Mike VG; 10-22-2007 at 09:08 PM.
    Mike VG

Junkie781 is offline Member

I'm with Mike, don't do it. This, right here, is the hardest part of it. You have to try to be strong. It isn't easy. But it can be done.

mpvt is offline Platinum Member

If you know your going to take opiates while pregnant then get on methadone.This is the gold standard for pregnant addicts.Suffering withdrawls while pregnant but to much stress on the baby and you.Tell your cousin to take a hike and call your nearest clinic and tell them you want to be put on a low dose for pregnancy....Good luck....Dave

ymccormack is offline Member

Default You can do it!

I feel for you. When I was pregnant I had to leave the city so I wouldn't be tempted. Tell your cousin why you can't take pain pills anymore.

Dave is saying that if you find yourself using you need to get on methadone...
    but understand that your baby will likely be born addicted to methadone and there are serious ramifications from that.

My best friend had to surrender her baby...gave birth with a Sherriff posted in her room. She'd been using while she was pregnant and they put her on methadone. The baby was born with spina bifida and other issues.

As a mom, this baby's life is in your hands. His or her entire future could be impacted by whether or not you decide to use while pregnant. I know it sounds dramatic but imagine the guilt? It would be all your fault...learning disabilities, addiction issues, physical problems...

It's all on you, Judy! You need to make the right decision now.

There...that was my peptalk! Good Luck and keep us posted.

YM

judy moynihan is offline New Member

thank you I know these things. I wish I had a non narcotic way of turning my brain off, because as soon as i heard from my cousin i started thinking about opiates almost to the point of hyperventilation, ALL Day thinking about it and what a relief it would be. But I know...i never thought i'd fall in love and i did and i never thought i could have a baby and i can, my husbands very loving and supportive but he doesn't understand addiction, but these good things have happened to me and have to figure out a way of thinking i actually deserve this happiness...tahnk all of you guys who responded i need all the help i can get.

Actually!! Suboxone would likely be a better option now that I've had time to mull it over.
    Methadone for pregnant addicts is the standard but there are downfalls such as was said"baby being born addicted is almost a sure thing".Then you need to get off the methadone which some clinics are hard to convince that you're ready to detox.
    If you go to this site http://www.naabt.org/feelnormal/ it will give you the proper info on buprenorphene (suboxone,subutex).....Good luck....Dave

ymccormack is offline Member

Default Suboxone and pregnancy

Actually....suboxone is not to be used for breast feeding or pregnant women...I already checked into it. Sometimes they ween babies off methadone by giving it to the mother and then the baby gets it through breast milk. As they ween the mom off the baby gets weened to but it's not pretty. Just like we are miserable when we are tapering...so is the baby. Plus, not a great way to start off life...addicted to methadone.

The only way to ensure a healthy pregnancy and baby is no drugs at all.

Judy...you can do this! Just visualize those little fingers and toes! Get some really scary image of what could happen if you break down! I'm serious. There used to be this commercial on tv with a pregnant woman smoking cigarettes...and then a child's voice saying "mommy...no..."

Uh! That commercial freaked me out but it worked!

And keep the heck away from that crazy cousin....flush all your pills down the toilet right now and tell him to leave you alone!

Sorry...just trying to help...I totally relate to your problem and hope my advice is of some assistance!

YM

Sorry,my bad info on buprenorphene.....Dave