In so much pain. need to see a doctor but im scared that i've been red flagged
    ScaredLanay is offline New Member

Unhappy In so much pain. need to see a doctor but im scared that i've been red flagged

Last month i went to the emergency room when i was about to get discharged the doctor said he was going to prescribe me pain meds and asked what medication have i taken before i said vicodin and ibuprofen 800. After that i guess he suspected i was only coming to get medicine so he pulled up my prescription chart and saw that i have went to (2) doctors and hospital in the past and got vicodin. I got vicodin before from the e.r. because i had kidney stones so he gave me pain meds and antibiotics. and the other time was because of my foot. but but that was not recently it was almost a year ago. As for doctors it was my primary and ortho dr. and my primary was the one who referred me to the ortho. He thought i was just going to the hospital to get pain meds and that i harmed myself to get it. Which was not true. He wouldn't even let me explain the past doctors/hospital visits. I've had chronic foot problems since i was 14 years old I'm 21 now. but they couldn't figure out what was causing my pain. Back in January i fractured my ankle and had to get a cast and since then my foot has gotten worse. In the beginning of march i found out by my ortho doctor that i had something called pes planus hyperpronation and Tibialis posterior Tendonitis and i would have to get surgery on my foot because of how bad it's gotten. But I ran out of insurance March 31st so i was no longer able to go to my ortho doctor. But because of the hospital visit on 8/14 im scared to go to any other doctor. when he discharged me on the paper it said controlled substance diversion and he told me someone will be contacting me and not to come back to his hospital for medicine. Its been a month and no one has contacted me except a bill collector. But now my foot is worse. My ankle and foot is very swollen and my foot is bruised badly the pain comes from my inner foot, to my ankle, and up my leg and sometimes i get this numbing and burning sensation. i don't even wanna bare weight on it. i've been taking ibuprofen 800mg. i rap my foot up, elevate it and put ice on it but the pain doesn't go away. I've called around to get prices to see how much it will cost to be seen by a doctor but the prices are ridiculous and i don't have a job so i can't pay right then and there. I'm scared to go to urgent care or hospital. idk if that doctor red flagged me or if any doctor i go to will see that controlled substance diversion thing that he put on my discharge paper and just assume im a drug seeker because im not. Motrin 800mg usually helps my pain but lately it hasn't. I don't know what to do. All i know is i can no longer deal with this pain it brings me to tears. I could use any type of advice just no negative comments please.

Denny_D is offline Advanced Member

Scared ..... If your foot and ankle is as bad as you say, I would go right back to the ER and show them how swollen it really is. They Can Not refuse you treatment whether you have insurance or not. Give it another try and good luck. God Bless....Denny

Quote Originally Posted by Denny_D View Post
    Scared ..... If your foot and ankle is as bad as you say, I would go right back to the ER and show them how swollen it really is. They Can Not refuse you treatment whether you have insurance or not. Give it another try and good luck. God Bless....Denny
    Thanks Denny for your response. I am gonna have to go to the ER cause I can't take this anymore. I'm just scared that whatever doctor I see Is gonna see that "Controlled Substance Diversion" thing in my records and not believe im truly in pain.

Anonymous Guest

if you are indeed swollen, bruised and in pain. the other stuff is irrelevant.

go to the er. get it sorted.

good luck.

Denny_D is offline Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by ScaredLanay View Post
    Thanks Denny for your response. I am gonna have to go to the ER cause I can't take this anymore. I'm just scared that whatever doctor I see Is gonna see that "Controlled Substance Diversion" thing in my records and not believe im truly in pain.
    Lanay ..... Don't worry what may or may not be in your file. Go back to ER and if the doctor gives you any problem, ask to see another doctor there. Might get them riled up, but if your foot and ankle is swollen that much, they will give you something for it I'm quite sure. Good luck and God Bless.....Denny

p.s. please post back after you go and let us know what happened. We really do care!

I finally went to the hospital last night. And i guess I was worrying for nothing because the doctor's and pharmacist said nothing about if i was red flagged or anything. I went in for my foot and found out that i have bad aniexty as well. Plus they think I have a thyroid problem because my heart rate was so high. I just got released from the Hospital 2 hours ago. While I was in there they gave me Xanax which calmed my anxiety down. And some medicine called Dilaudid for my pain. The doctor told me my ligaments were damaged and I have soft tissue damage. He even contacted a doctor that will see me after I get out the hospital for free because of my situation. They sent me home with a prescription of Xanax and percocet. And i have to follow up the doctor he referred me to on Monday and is helping me get some medical insurance. thank you so much for responding to my post. I did learn something from this situation though. I will be sticking to one doctor and one hospital because even though i may not be trying to seek drugs by going doctor to doctor there are others out there who are. And being labeled as a drug seeker is not a good feeling at all because the pain I have is real and doesn't feel good at all