Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By HopefulnHouston
Six Weeks 2moro

Default Six Weeks 2moro

Yea!!!!!!!!!!!!! Really really happy about not taking a pain pill and the craves have gotten minimal also. Possibly because I got cocky and decided to quit smoking also......lol. On day 4 with no cigarettes. Nicotine wd sucks big time also, mentally especially.

Decided to take the dogs for a walk yesterday and fell off the curb. Got a really bad ankle sprain, pretty sure I tore the ligament, felt the pop when I went down, ankle the size of a baseball. Of course my bf first reaction was to rush me to the emergency room, we were half way there before I could get a handle on the pain and think rationally. It scared me to death to be in that much pain and headed to the place where I knew they would give me pain meds, I really didn't think I would be able to say no. Funny part is I wanted a cigarette way more than I wanted a pain pill, lol.

Long, uncomfortable night, could not find a way to sit, lie, or stand where I was not in some pain. Tylenol, advil, ice, ace bandage.......got me through. Is a little better this morning, pain, down, swelling down, able to move everything and put a little weight on it. If no big improvement next couple days will get it checked out, but I googled it (lol) and I am a nurse and I have a good friend who is a physical therapist, so I think I will make it. Without pain meds or cigarettes.

Moral of this story, don't fall down it HURTS and if you do, you CAN make it through without pain meds.

Deb

caughtagain is offline Diamond Member

Very proud of you Hopeful... Keep it up!! All my best, Reid

ClassiqueMom is offline Senior Member

wOw.. WoW... WOW!!! ... amazing !!
    I think I hear a round of applause!! <<-click

still shaking my head at how amazing! you're doing!!
    sooooo glad to hear it!!

allll my best!, and prayers! too!
    Classique MoM
    P - R - A - Y - E - R
    When life gets too hard to stand...KNEEL !

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Deb .... proud of you girl! You're doing awesome, I knew that you would! God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.