side effects of coming off of paxil
    Shellykowalewich is offline New Member

Default side effects of coming off of paxil

has anyone experienced the side effects of coming off of paxil?
    (Vertigo, sick to stomach, brain zapping or snapping)
    If so, how long did these symptoms last? I feel like I am going crazy. It has been over a week now. The doc said it will 'eventually' go away... pretty useless.

Thank you!
    Shelly

DenMay is offline New Member

How many mg. are you taking a day?

Shellykowalewich is offline New Member

I was on 30 MG once a day and then the doctor had me reduce it over a period of 5 weeks. After the 5 weeks were up, I began to experience to terrible withdrawal symptom... to the point where I was contemplating suicide.. (felt worse going off then I did going on). So after that, I called my doctor and he put me back on 5 mg to help ease the side effects. I was on that for over a month and then he told me to quit it asap. He stated that I should not suffer the side effects that I originally experienced. Well, I did, but this time I knew what to expect. I am trying to fight through it, but at times it would seem easier just to go back on.... Grrrr

msnoopy79 is offline New Member

HI IM ON 40 MG OF PaXIL a daY.wE DONT HaVE aLOT OF MONEY caUSE WE HaVE 5 KIDS 4 UNDER 6.sO SOMETIMES WE CaNT PaY THE COPAY.LaST WEEK I WENT 4 daYS W/O THEM.I SUFFERED SEVERE DEPRESSION,CONSTaNT CRYING,DIERREa,FELT LIKE PaSSING OUT,MOST OF aLL THE SHOCKING FEELING U MENTIONED BUT aLL OVER MY BODY.I FELT BETTER 2 DaYS aFTER I GOT MY MEDS BaCK.SOMETIMES I WONDER...WILL I EVER GET OFF THIS DRUG?

snoopy

Militaryredhead is offline New Member

I'm currently on Paxil 25mg. I have muscle "jerks" or twitches especially before I go to sleep. Does anyone else experience this?

Militaryredhead is offline New Member

I'm currently on Paxil 25mg. I have muscle "jerks" or twitches especially before I go to sleep. Does anyone else experience this?

djsnipa1 is offline New Member

I was taking the Paxil CR release pills. The withdraws are terrible but I am also a opioid addict and am going through methadone treatment. The withdraws aren't as bad as opioid withdraws. The paxil withdraws last about 2 weeks and then you don't really notice it too much anymore. Hope that helps

kerrtacoma is offline New Member

i stoped taking paxil and for three days i thought off nothing butt killing myself. if it wasent for my beleif in jesus i would not be typing tkis note

nicole_peskin is offline New Member

Post My story of getting off of Paxil

Since Febuaray of this past year 07'. I have never had a panic anxiety attack like i did. I honestly didnt know how to react to such a thing and didnt know what was happeneing to me. My attack occured on a Thursday and last till that following Monday. I went to the hospital, they gave me 20mg of xanex, then i went to my regualar doctor and she gave me zoloft. I was on zoloft for a good month, felt okay, was able to go back to work, then i started to feel really depressed and pissed all the time. Went to go see a physco doctor (thats what i call them) and the idiot put me on 10mg of paxil. Thought okay, my mom takes the meds and she is fine. Well after being on for a/b 2weeks, i felt great, really, really happy, happy sometimes for no reason. Maybe TOO happy and really tired, so i took the pill right before i went to bed. so I called my healthcare provider since my physco doc wouldnt help me unless I made an appointment w/ him. She told me to take 5mg every other day and see how i feel. I started to do that, i felt much much better. Still tired, really tired. Then I started to take it every 3 days for 2 weeks. I felt drawn out and exhausted. I went to see my physco doc again after being a month on paxil, and told me my problems that i was having w/ the meds, and he said that "if i am only take 5mg every 2-3 days, then my liver is rejected the meds and I shouldnt take it". So i asked him "well then what would u put me on for anixety?".. and he said "nothing at all". The doc looked pissed to put me on such a med and told me to go get another opoinion. I just went back to my general doctor. Now its been a/b 2 weeks since then, and I had to keep cutting the pill gradually everyday until I didnt take any at all. Now Its been a/b 1 week and I feel okay. I do get some brain twitches and some dizzines and my mind seems to get tired early. The doctor wants to see me back in a month to clean my system and see how i am doing from that. I dont need to take a pill to make me happy, that basically is telling me that something in my life I am not happy a/b. I didnt need a doctor to tell me that, so now i have to suffer from coming off this horrible drug, almost feeling like i wanna put myself in rehab!!! I hope that I never have to take meds to relieve anixety, I am finding different ways to relieve my anixety. and I dont need a physco doctor to tell me "nothing". Since all of this has been going on, It really opened my eyes to my own life..and how much my job is giving me aniexty, im fine when im not working. Plus has anyone felt like not caring on the drug or even felt like you were on cloud nine? I did, i am happy to be back into reality, and the muscle brain spasims, will hopefully go away!!! We will see!!