Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
Sexual side effects from opiate withdrawal
    wifi79 is offline New Member

Default Sexual side effects from opiate withdrawal

I'm going on day 12 of kicking my Oxy habit after 2-3 years. Since then I been having sex regularly, or at least try to., I only last, and I'm not even kidding, about one minute. Is this a long term problem? or is this is going to go away?

sisterwin2 is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by wifi79 View Post
    I'm going on day 12 of kicking my Oxy habit after 2-3 years. Since then I been having sex regularly, or at least try to., I only last, and I'm not even kidding, about one minute. Is this a long term problem? or is this is going to go away?

SO glad to hear from you........... This will go away as you get clean and stay clean. I am suprized your even interested right now. My sex life/drive has gone to the wayside while using.... just began having sex dreams lately....uhmmmmmm maybe I should give it a try.

I think the men need to step in here..... I am female and as I can remember, we are built different.

Anonymous Guest

Hi
    OH my i know about that,when i quit oxys,my body just came back to life.i think the oxys numb more than your brain.lol,dont worry thing will go back to normal. melinda

Quote Originally Posted by sisterwin2 View Post
    SO glad to hear from you........... This will go away as you get clean and stay clean. I am suprized your even interested right now. My sex life/drive has gone to the wayside while using.... just began having sex dreams lately....uhmmmmmm maybe I should give it a try.

I think the men need to step in here..... I am female and as I can remember, we are built different.
    Great to hear from you too. Ever since I quit, my sex drive has sky rocketed. I don't wanna sound like a pervert, but I feel like I'm ten again, as soon as I get touched it's over. I wasn't interested much either when I was using. Now, my relationship is going to go down the tube if I can't hang in their.

You should definitely give it a go, it releaves a lot of stress.

Quote Originally Posted by melinda7.5 View Post
    Hi
    OH my i know about that,when i quit oxys,my body just came back to life.i think the oxys numb more than your brain.lol,dont worry thing will go back to normal. melinda
    Yeah they do, I noticed an increase when I was on them. I just hope things go back to normal soon.

Robert_325 is offline Retired

LOL This forum cracks me up!

Now you are having GOOD problems. Or better than they were anyway. At least you feel like doing it again. When I was all zapped out on 30 oxy a day I don't know if I could have even found it half the time. I mean mine or hers! And I surely wouldn't have been able to do anything about it if I did locate it.

I promise you it all comes back. I know you are not my age and I too feel 20 years younger again at least in that respect. I had thought I might be washed up there for a while but PRAISE THE LORD it didn't happen.

Just give it a little time and you will return to your old self. At least that is the way it worked for me. And that is how it works for most of us guys. Stupid opiates have to be the worst thing in the world for enhancing sexual performance. All they do is get us totally blitzed.

Dj K-slate is offline New Member

lol omg the same thing happened to me i thought that would be the last thing i was thinking about, but i've had such a sexual drive and can't last. i guess i was just numb b4

bev49 is offline Banned

In 40 years of using opiates, mainly >>>>>> and methadone, I have found that men have a problem when they are on narcotics (women too). They are either unable to get aroused, take a very long time to finish or can't finish at all. When a person is kicking a drug habit, along with all the bad withdrawal symptoms they have, they are extremely, ummmm, how should I put it...... horny. I think opiate slows down everything, and as the opiate leaves the body, things just naturally speed up again. For a while things might happen too quickly, but it will level out, I promise you.

jdog55 is offline Junior Member

I'm on day five of wd from eight years of heavy use. if i had sex once a month that would be to much. if my sex drive comes back after eight years, i think my wife will leave me. before i could never get enough.WATCH OUT MOMMA!!

good drop is offline New Member

has anyone experienced decreased sex drive and inability to "finish" due to tramadol. i know it is not considered a true opiate, but is more of a synthetic opiate and is codiene based.

i have been taking tramadol for about a year and my drive is pretty much gone. i SO want my sex drive and ability to "finish" back so badly - but i cannot seem to stop taking the tramadol. i have multiple herniated discs, sciatica, etc.

does anyone have suggestions as to how i might fix this problem?? thanks.

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by good drop View Post
    has anyone experienced decreased sex drive and inability to "finish" due to tramadol. i know it is not considered a true opiate, but is more of a synthetic opiate and is codiene based.

i have been taking tramadol for about a year and my drive is pretty much gone. i SO want my sex drive and ability to "finish" back so badly - but i cannot seem to stop taking the tramadol. i have multiple herniated discs, sciatica, etc.

Welcome to the wonderful world of pain pills. This is one of the most common side effects of several medications including RX pain meds. How much ultram are you taking a day??? Need to know to understand the seriousness of your side effects.

There is one way that will fix this problem for sure. Stop taking RX drugs. That is undoubtedly not what you want to hear. But ALL of us that abused RX pain meds went through the same thing. And when we get clean guess what happens? It's back to the days of old. At least that was what happened to me. Will look for your reply. God bless.

Anonymous Guest

Hi Good drop
    LOL,I have to agree with Robert, Thats the only way your going to get your sex drive back. been there...
    talk to ya later,melinda

bigboi15 is offline Junior Member

That is one thing im going to miss......i would have really great sex on vicoden and my ejaculations were always had a lot of distance....haha

lele3079 is offline New Member

Default My experience

I am going on about 8 weeks no opiates...I was severely addicted for a little over 4 years....I had no sex drive...For the last 4 weeks or so i have more feeling then I have had in my whole life...I seriously masterbate b4 bed like 8 x's n a row, I do it so much because I am trying to get tired and get descent rest, I cant sleep im so anxious my heart races...And im talking like the 8 x's n a row takes me like less then 5 min, super sensitive right now down there...Now I just want myself back to normal like ASAP! This no sleeping thing is really catching up to me and im tired of it!!

kicking-colin is offline New Member

Thumbs up minute man

Well that really depends on what you were like before you were taking Oxy. If you used to have normal lasting time then you will again. Your body is just getting all it's feeling back and that is a good thing. Sorry for your partner but good for you. But most likley you be back to normal (what you were like before the drugs) in a month or two. Good luck staying off the pain killers.

kicking-colin is offline New Member

Cool A >>>>>> and Clonidine cocktail anyone??

I am a >>>>>> user (100 a day). Sometimes I take clonidinex2 (4mg) because it seems to make me feel much more high from a smaller amount of >>>>>>. Is this a death wish or am I okay?? Looking for a docter or someone with exp. about this to reply. Thanx -Kicking-Colin

babydaddy724 is offline Member

I was having a somewhat bad morning today.. I have had no help with my son for the last 4 days (he just turned 2 by the way on oct 1st). I been very stressed and was just kind of floating around here and found this thread... I am totally in hysteria right now.. I needed the good laughs.. I am by no means degrating this problem and I am surprized I have never seen this topic brought up here before... But some of the posts here are making me laugh so hard for some reason... Maybe because its just the fact I have been there and can look back and see myself in the same situations and its so true.. Its great when something like this comes up and can have a sense of humor with it, its like a topic comes up that everyone has danced around and avoided for so long and now everyone is getting it out of there system haha.. Thanks Wifi you had the gonads to bring up a topic that nobody wants to discuss and not only is it an uncomfortable weird thread, people are having fun with it.. Glad to see we can all be adaults! When I started reading this I thought of the scene in Austin Powers when he is about to go in the back with the japanese twins and the bottle of champagne explodes when they are rubbing on him and he says "sorry that never happens" haha.. Good laughs.. But anyways yes things will go back to normal.. Same thing happens to everyone... I remember in the "bad" days I would go on and on like the energizer bunny and eventually give up after like 45 mins.. Then it does a complete switcharoo on you.. I had a personal experience like that I had takin a girl home after a few drinks at the bar, this was the first time since being clean by the way, and I think I lasted like 30 seconds no lie.. I was so embarassed.. It would have been different if I knew the girl better but I only met her a few days prior.. And sure enough all I could say was "sorry that never happens".. Thanks to that situation I will never get that movie scene out of my head... Thanks a lot opiates!... All is well now though it does get better... I need to look that girl up and make everything right ha :P

steffy is offline New Member

Default it will not last

Hi ya im steph,
    I just want to tell you that this problem happens to every one in this situation. Your body is just getting back to normal, your body needs time to adjust.Your body is going true a new cycle and doesnt know yet how to deal with it. But dont worry slowly every thing will adjust and get back to normal. I know ur situation is fustrating at the moment but believe me soon you will be having a great time in the bedroom. My boyfriend had the same problem but now our sex life is better than ever. Good luck an every thing will work out. Keep me updated

bestday is offline Member

Default This Thread is Great!

I first quit back on Labor Day weekend, went back on for a week, then came of again about a week ago. Let me tell you both times my sex drive went up ten fold! Enjoy it. Heck, I even find that the more you do it, the better you feel. Healthy endorphin production. Should be right up there with exercising.

Opee is offline Senior Member

I can say with all honesty my libido is off the charts these days, where for the last year or so, I could care less. Like most of the nasty side effects, they seem to go away if you don't use (or use very, very small doeses at least in my case). You almost forget what you were missing, don't you?

Opee

hate_n8 is offline New Member

Unhappy Sex, Suboxone & Recovery

I have been on Suboxone for approx. 4 years, with 2 years of methadone prior to that. I have slowly been lowering my dose and am currently prescribed to 4mg. a day. The worst side effect I experience is being extremely tired by the end of the work day. I feel like this is a side effect from opiate withdrawl in general rather than the suboxone as I experienced the same thing with methadone and >>>>>>. Some days I manage fine on 2mg, however here is my issue. I tend to over-dose myself when the potential for sex arises by taking between 8-16mg. The goal being to avoid the over-sensitive side effects mentioned earlier in this thread. It works like a charm, but it is really hurting my recovery. My drive hasn't gone anywhere, if anything it is stronger that it ever has been. I just can't last long enough for her to even enjoy it. Not only is it slowing my recovery down, but in a way I am self-medicating again, which really brings me down. My girlfriend has never touched a drug in here life and I don't know how to talk to her about this. I know she won't be able to understand this, so I'm having a hard time figuring out what to do. I want to continue my detox and get off Suboxone, but I feel like I'll have to sacrifice our sex-life and potentially our relationship to do so.

Any thoughts or advice on this would be greatly appreciated. My initial reaction is to search for another drug that can counteract the over-sensitiveness caused from the low Suboxone dose. I hate that I think this way, and I wish I could figure out a better route to go with this.

Thanks for reading.

mphoenix is offline New Member

Default Ultram Withdrawal

Quote Originally Posted by good drop View Post

I have Fibromyalgia and I am coming off of Ultram ER for the second time. Let me tell you, it sucks. How I talked myself into taking it again, I have no idea. Never again. The first time I got off was because my insurance stopped paying for it. They became available to me again so I took them again. This time I'm getting off of them for the baby growing inside of me, a much better reason.

Anyway, back to your questions. Your sex drive will come back with a vengence. While I have a better than normal sex drive while on the meds (although it took me forever to finish and quite frankly only one guy ever got me there...so I married him. lol) since I've been in withdrawals I've had sex so much I think I broke him...)

As for getting off of Ultram...I'm not going to lie to you. It sucks balls. The withdrawal is comparative to morphine. I've spent the last four days with seizure like shaking and twitches, with cold chills, sweating, ridiculously high sensitivity, throwing up, diahrrea...and that isn't to mention the emotional side of it. I was highly depressed last night.

I have some suggestions how to get through it fairly unscathed. Some of which weren't options for me this time due to the prawn (because the baby looks like a shrimp right now). First, bite the bullet. It will suck so be prepared. You can either taper off and feel the withdrawal for a long while or just cold turkey and have it worse for a shorter while. I'm more of a just pull the bandaid off fast kind of girl...but your choice. Buy what you need to camp out for about four days minimum. Make sure you have someone you trust to check on you or be around you as much as you can stand it. Methocarbamol will help with some of the physical symptoms of withdrawal and isn't hard to get off of at all afterwards. Also, L-Tryptophan or things with Tryptophan in them (like milk, turkey or sunflower seeds to name a few) will bring up your seratonin levels and reduce the severity of the withdrawal. An anti-inflammatory like Ibuprofen might help as well. Also, if you don't have a ready sexual partner, get ready to masturbate like mad. When the sexual appetite comes back...WHAM. Also, it helps raise the seratonin levels as well and can help reset your brain chemistry. For me, the sex drive came back so hard that to get any sleep I finally put a lidocaine patch on my crotch...I also tried an ice pack...but with the cold chills it hurt more than it helped. Also, suprisingly, sunlight helps a lot. Take a nap in the sun if the insomnia isn't killing you...otherwise just lay there. Lastly, exercize. Even if you don't feel like it, I guarantee it will help.

So there you are. Good luck!

disabledleo is offline Member

Default I usually do not share

My experiences with my wife are not shared & really never have been but will just add this. I too have gone thru some wild things coming clean. I had to LAUGH MY BUTT off when the person said they lasted a FULL MINUTE..... Hahhaha I guess maybe I'll be the only one to tell the truth... So here you go:
    I have been laying in bed sound asleep & just hear my wifes voice & BAM!!!! Then she leaves for work & I had a mess. I went thru a time where every good looking women caught my eye & I obsessed - BUT NOW with my loving wife understanding what I have been going thru I rolled over & told her "I WANTED TO *WAIT* to MAKE LOVE TO HER when I was RIGHT!!!!" She said ok.
    So I am fighting thru everything to get to that moment & have to say I am really looking forward to it.......
    The power of TRUE LOVE is amazing once found.. I have been blessed with my wife for 20 yrs now & will be married to her 18 yrs this May. Thank GOD he/she made such women for such men. & the 2 of us have created an even more incredible child / young women now.
    I am counting my blessings everyday now instead of kicking myself for my failures.

HenryNCBA is offline Advanced Member

All kinds of sexually related issues arise (or lack of) for both male and female when on opiates and or various other medications. I won't get into detail but it is VERY common and it WILL all return once you are clean.

Henry

tehguy is offline Junior Member

haha, i just HAD to post here. I'm in my 20's and had my FIRST wet dream while detoxing from Methadone! I literally woke up and thought something was wrong.

yezdegerd is offline Senior Member

While on opiates my penis muscle tenses up and I can barely pee but when it wears off I'm constantly going and sex with my wife lasts about 10 seconds haha

70RoadRunner is offline New Member

Default if the wind blows

"While on opiates my penis muscle tenses up and I can barely pee but when it wears off I'm constantly going and sex with my wife lasts about 10 seconds haha "

OK,

This sounds awfully familiar. Although I was never one to go forever, (unless drug induced) there was a time when I could last a little while and enjoyed it, now I am at a point where I'm afraid I won't be able to get it up and it's going to last about as long as it takes to enter. I'm also at a point where I am ignoring sex because of my fears and embarrassment although my wife is a good sport and can laugh.
    The real problem is though is our sex life has taken a serious downturn in frequency as time goes by due too my lack of interest. My wife thinks I'm masturbating but I rarely due that anymore. But, from what I have read once I stop my labido should return. Let’s hope so.

yezdegerd is offline Senior Member

It returns, mines already starting too. Mental stress also makes the situation worse so i was honest with my wife and she understood so we would just mess around until she finished which took the stress off me.

tjohnson92389 is offline Member

Replace your opiates with viagra and pot!

And have a go at it =P.

Hope all is well.

casual is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by tjohnson92389 View Post
    Replace your opiates with viagra and pot!

And have a go at it =P.

Hope all is well.
    You bring up a good point, when on the opiates and would run out, I'd live on methadone for a few days and have a sex drive like crazy. Being as you have no libido on drugs and go long stretches with out sex, now you only last a few minutes. It happens to all of us. I guess because were just to excited. Remember when you were young and you tried to have the staying power of a stallion? well I find myself trying to do this again! Its starting to work, just not with my wife, now with my ex/drug partner and new drinking buddy. I hope my wife never reads this forum and finds out who I am? Anonymity! I would think age and health has everything to do with it also!
    Last edited by casual; 06-16-2011 at 07:03 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast