Scared...
    Trying So Hard is offline New Member

Default Scared...

Thank you for those who replied. OK you told me to state what i take daily. It can be anywhere from 2 percs and a sub..then a piece of an oxy or 2 vics...those are days that i am out of my perscriptions. Then on days i am on my perscriptions it'll be 6-15 percs a day. and with vics 8-16 or 17. I feel like scum. How did I end up like this? I am so glad I joined this message board..i know you all understand. I have a little boy that i need to be a good mom to...even tho i say on pills i am super mom.. I don't have a script to subs.I bought a few off the street and take very little pieces and they help. For about 5 hrs at a time. If I run out of the subs...i can't go buy more. I am out of money and out of ways to get it. I have enough to last me till monday. Should i continue through monday on them? I just want to quit!! I like to tell myself I can c/t...but can I?

Robert_325 is offline Retired

If you have some subs but can't get more then stretch them out as far as you can then cold turkey. You can get the very worst of the opiate w/d symptoms behind you before you run out of subs.

Stop the pain pills and don't take any subs, not even a little piece, for about 16 hours or longer. Then stretch them out as long as you can. That is how you'll get the most out of them. If your already on them then just make them last as long as you can. I don't see you have too many options if you can't obtain more.

Please keep all your posts on yourself on this thread and don't start new ones each time. That makes it impossible to remember who we are talking with. Thanks. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Default almost 24 hours

Thank u..I haven't taking a perc since 11:00 am yesterday morning. And right now sun monrn 8:00am and i haven't taken any subs thro anyone of this time...I don't feel toooo bad. I have the chills,a little shakey, and bad belly. IS it going to ge much worse? I thought this was supposed to be the worst part

Quote Originally Posted by Trying So Hard View Post
    Thank u..I haven't taking a perc since 11:00 am yesterday morning. And right now sun monrn 8:00am and i haven't taken any subs thro anyone of this time...I don't feel toooo bad. I have the chills,a little shakey, and bad belly. IS it going to ge much worse? I thought this was supposed to be the worst part

Let it go for as long as you can, then start taking little pieces of sub until you run out. I'm serious here, you shouldn't even have any percs in your house. Get rid of them so they won't be a temptation. Flush them. You'll be okay if you do it. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Default 35 hrs

35 hours later with nothing in my body and i feel ok. Kinda cold. kind shakey.bad belly but ok...its it going to get worse from here? or is this it? please sumone tell me what to excepct

FreedomForMe is offline Junior Member

35 hours later with nothing in my body and i feel ok. Kinda cold. kind shakey.bad belly but ok...its it going to get worse from here? or is this it? please sumone tell me what to excepct
    My symptoms were the same as yours the first few days were the flu feeling but I had to go to work so I purchased some of the Hylan flu tablets took 3 of them ever 3 to 4 hrs and that really helped me. Like you I kept wondering if it was going to get worst but u know what it didn't I am on day 5 1/2 and so far so good , dont get me wrong if I had some vicodin today I am not sure that I would restrain from taking it but 1 min at a time and I actually dont wake up as sore as when I was taking them. Good Luck to You ! You can do it!

Julie

Quote Originally Posted by FreedomForMe View Post
    My symptoms were the same as yours the first few days were the flu feeling but I had to go to work so I purchased some of the Hylan flu tablets took 3 of them ever 3 to 4 hrs and that really helped me. Like you I kept wondering if it was going to get worst but u know what it didn't I am on day 5 1/2 and so far so good , dont get me wrong if I had some vicodin today I am not sure that I would restrain from taking it but 1 min at a time and I actually dont wake up as sore as when I was taking them. Good Luck to You ! You can do it!

Julie

Thank you Julie..
    You know hear things that you are going to be miserable and want to die and yes I am sad because my boyfriend who was also dependent on drugs just left for 3 months. I know best for him best for me and for us. I was just so afraid of doing it alone and so far so good. thank you

Anonymous Guest

Thank you Julie..
    You know hear things that you are going to be miserable and want to die and yes I am sad because my boyfriend who was also dependent on drugs just left for 3 months. I know best for him best for me and for us. I was just so afraid of doing it alone and so far so good. thank you
    Hi Trying So Hard
    This will all pass and before you know it you will be clean and well...
    If you choose at that time you could always help your b-friend...
    I know it seems like forever right now, but the time passes by so fast
    and your going to look back and say what a nightmare that was...
    So hold strong my friend...It will all work out..
    Talk to you soon, Melinda

Good Morning I was also afraid doing it alone since i have not told a sole except the people on this board, so I am going to work as normal running my life as normal as I can the first couple days I just told everyone I feel like I am getting the flu that everyone in the office has so that covered me there but I still forced myself to go to work. So far 6 days clean and looking forward to another day not in a haze.

Julie

Default Scared cntd

I can't thank you all enough. I jst told my family on friday, one day after he was sent away.I just feel so lost and that's what makes me want to get gt some percs right now. i can't speak to him for 3 weeks but then i see him once a week till he gets home. He is my life. He just moved in with me and helps me raise my 4year old son. I am getting through and so excited for the day i tell him I am clean like he is. This is all we have wanted but have been to weak to do. I am sooo afraird that people are going to tell us to not be together because we enable eachother or what if he doesn't want to be with me? when he get home? What if it was the pills that made him love me?? I'm sorry I 'm so depressed right now.. i don't know what to do. Think happy thoughts. Thank you all for your support...and the last i took was 11am sat...so y do i feel the ********tiest today? is tomm gonna be better?

I can't thank you all enough. I jst told my family on friday, one day after he was sent away.I just feel so lost and that's what makes me want to get gt some percs right now. i can't speak to him for 3 weeks but then i see him once a week till he gets home. He is my life. He just moved in with me and helps me raise my 4year old son. I am getting through and so excited for the day i tell him I am clean like he is. This is all we have wanted but have been to weak to do. I am sooo afraird that people are going to tell us to not be together because we enable eachother or what if he doesn't want to be with me? when he get home? What if it was the pills that made him love me?? I'm sorry I 'm so depressed right now.. i don't know what to do. Think happy thoughts. Thank you all for your support...and the last i took was 11am sat...so y do i feel the ********tiest today? is tomm gonna be better?

If the last opiates you took were on Saturday you still have a couple of really crummy days left. After you get past the fourth day or so things USUALLY begin to improve. Keep a positive attitude, you can get past this.

Of course people are going to say you guys are not good for each other. You've been doing drugs together. What would you expect people to say. The question is whether you guys can stay clean together, and it's up to you two, not anyone else. But it's pretty tough having two partners who are both trying to get clean.

Just know in advance that it's a tough thing to get clean and stay clean with the person you were in active addiction with. I'm not saying it can't be done but drug induced relationships often don't make it. The good thing here is that you are both getting clean at the same time. That gives you a better chance at least. I will include you in my prayers. God bless.

Quote Originally Posted by FreedomForMe View Post
    Good Morning I was also afraid doing it alone since i have not told a sole except the people on this board, so I am going to work as normal running my life as normal as I can the first couple days I just told everyone I feel like I am getting the flu that everyone in the office has so that covered me there but I still forced myself to go to work. So far 6 days clean and looking forward to another day not in a haze.

Julie

Hi Julie .... congratulations on six days clean. That is great, you should be starting to feel a little better by now. Remember that you never have to use again. God bless.

Thanks Robert, my last vicodin was last Tuesday morning at 7:30 eight before I had a job interview, believe it or not I got the job I could always function fine nobody ever knew but boy I cannot believe the pain that is gone since being clean it is the weirdest thing, I thought painkillers were suppose to stop the pain instead of make more pain. Oh well I am glad I am were I am today almost a week Yahoo for Me!

Julie

Default amost 5 days sober

I am beyond happy to say tomm morn (wed) will be my fifth day no pills..and the wd wasn't sa bad as i thought. I truly believe alot of it is mental.however yes the symptoms are there. ALl ive done is taken baths, taken ativan thank god ive been on that for 2 years and ive never taken it alot till now and tylenol for aches. i went to an AA meeting today and it felt amazing. For anyone who thinks they can't ...u can.. I mean i was taking a lot..way more than i realized. even this second if someone put any narcotic in my face i would say no. Because the first time in a long time I am controling IT ..IT is not controling me. I said today in AA as introduced myself...i'm lost. and another older addict looked at me and said no sweetie you have just found yourself..stay strong. I know i have a far way to go..but god knows if i can you can good luck everyone