Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree10Likes
Robert_325, need help please - sub taper
    Robert_325 is offline Retired

I say to hell with him. You don't need that nonsense! Real men don't try to intimidate women, that is nothing but abuse! If you were my sister or daughter I would be all over him. Protect yourself and your children from the likes of that. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Sabine77 is offline Junior Member

Thanks for the back up. My family has similar sentiments toward him and the abusive behaviors. I would have had such an easier time if I didn't have children with him. (The story goes I separated from my husband when my son was 9 months and got together with the ex, we had a daughter and in 2009 when my son was 2 1/2 and my daughter was 1, my husband passed away from an accidental overdose--so it has been really hard to make this break from the ex as I wanted desperately to have a two parent household and dealt with guilt over leaving and giving up too soon on my husband, but clearly the ex is not the one to do have that with for the reasons you can observe as well as many more that I could write a novel about).

Ultimately since I was so torn and so afraid of the temptation to relapse that I will be presented with, I decided I am not going anywhere this weekend. It is more important to keep myself in recovery. Conference night is over and I'm off to try and make it to the NA meeting that I first attended last Thursday, but only if mom will babysit even longer. In any case, if not a meeting tonight, perhaps a meeting in the morning.

Again thanks for the support and for the observations about the abusive behaviors, it helps to hear that an outsider can see it. My family has drilled it in so much, but I wonder if they overreact because they are too close. It is clear that they are really rather spot on about the situation.
    Robert_325 likes this.

annadoman is offline Member

Ok,

So the WD's are starting to get bad again - I am sure most of you know the drill

However this time, I am NOT going to use, no matter how bad they get.

Quote Originally Posted by annadoman View Post
    Ok,

So the WD's are starting to get bad again - I am sure most of you know the drill

However this time, I am NOT going to use, no matter how bad they get.

Anna ..... Don't cave! I have a funeral to make at 2:00. I will check on you when I get home afterwards. PLEASE don't do anything before we talk, it's just a matter of hours! Work with me and I can help you. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

So far so good Robert. I am a 19 on the cows worksheet at the moment.

I have a family get together to go to later today, which should be fun in my current condition I will post again when I get back with my cows score.

Thanks again for sticking with me, even after the "incident", you really are a angel in disguise to me

Anna

So far so good Robert. I am a 19 on the cows worksheet at the moment.

I have a family get together to go to later today, which should be fun in my current condition I will post again when I get back with my cows score.

Thanks again for sticking with me, even after the "incident", you really are a angel in disguise to me

Anna

Anna ..... this should actually work out good time wise for us. I know you're in Australia. Being at a 19, if you are really that high, we are still looking at several hours before you're up to a 26 minimum. That will make it in the middle of the night here. But don't freak out!

I teach a Bible study class in church before our regular service on Sundays. Tomorrow is Saturday here. So I will be getting up around 3:00 or so to work on my Easter lesson for my Bible study class. So that is about 6-7 hours from now, and honestly, I don't see you being at a 26 before then. I'll check on you as soon as I get up to be sure!

DON'T USE NO MATTER WHAT!!! I promise we will have you stable tomorrow after I get up, and it WILL be early as I like to work on my class lesson early in the morning while no one is up here and I have quiet time. Talk with you then! Just please wait for me! God bless.
    Last edited by Robert_325; 04-06-2012 at 09:17 PM.

Anna .... checking on you! How is your status right now? Talk to me. God bless.

Anna ..... been watching for your update. I can only assume the worse since I haven't heard a word from you since you said you were at a 19. Going outside to do some yard work, will be back inside off and on. God bless.

Hi robert, I think I am ready. scored a 27 on cows worksheet. Sorry for not replying yesterday was to be honest sleeping. And no I have not used

Hi robert, I think I am ready. scored a 27 on cows worksheet. Sorry for not replying yesterday was to be honest sleeping. And no I have not used

Take .5mg dose, wait two hours. If you need more take another .5mg. Wait another two hours. If you need it take .5mg once more and wait an hour. After that increase by only .25mg doses until you are stable. I will be here for a few hours, but then will be in church most the day until after 2:00 or so our time. It's Easter Sunday here. God bless.

ClassiqueMom is offline Senior Member

praying you're doing well, anna!

let us know, plz

Classique MoM

I took 2.5mg to get myself somewhat comfortable but wanted to check in with you first before taking anymore Robert

I am still experiencing mild discomfort though. Please advise!

Oh and sorry for taking so long to reply, my net went down

Hang in there anna, I hope you get stabilized soon. Sounds like you are on the way.

Robert--it was like pulling teeth to get the ex to deal with the decision, but it happened.

Felt pretty yucky all weekend (last suboxone Thursday). Afraid of relapsing regardless of the ex influence. Already a small amount of oxy (7.5) to be well enough for Easter activities. I don't want any more, but I'm afraid.

Any suggestions for a taper? Should have done smaller doses on the suboxone, but didn't discover your low dose method until I was almost done. I don't know what I can find, and I imagine getting a very low dose oxy for a low dose taper would be the easiest to get ahold of. I have to make it through the work week. Perhaps I should suck it up, but I won't have an effective work week. Hard to risk that as I may find myself observed and evaluated at any random time.
    Robert_325 likes this.

I took 2.5mg to get myself somewhat comfortable but wanted to check in with you first before taking anymore Robert

I am still experiencing mild discomfort though. Please advise!

Oh and sorry for taking so long to reply, my net went down

That's a good induction. You should stay at that same dose for a few days. Let me know how you're doing this evening our time if you can. Don't try to do without the dose or hold off on dosing. You are detoxing and need the subs. God bless.

Good for you anna, I'm glad you are feeling better, and on such a lower dose. That is awesome!

I'm feeling very low energy after coming off of subs (which I was on for just 6 days), but I'm managing to stay in there. I'm getting my one on one counselin (through my health plan) up and going, and though I missed the meetings last week due to long night at work and busy Easter weekend, I plan on attending NA and Celebrate Recovery this week.

Otherwise I don't know how I will do it. I felt great on the suboxone. No cravings, no discomfort. I'm afraid or relapsing as I do feel withdrawals, however mild. I hope you follow the taper plan, as that seems the route I should have taken. If I could have gotten myself down to .25mg a day, I'd have been much better off. Based on what I am reading around here, it is the best taper with minimal discomfort.

Keep at it. I hope you are able to find some support. I'm reading and posting on your thread if you need anything from me.

Hello all,

Sorry for not posting before, but I was in a bit of discomfort. I have decided to go CT and this is my 3rd day. I am hoping it gets better soon
    Robert_325 likes this.

Anna ..... I think that this is a wise decision. Let me know if I can help. God bless.

Hi

So far so good. This is now day 4 and I am feeling like death warmed up (my original word was apparently not allowed by the filter), but I have read that the 4th day is the worst then it starts to get better. I would like to know anyones experience of this, especially you Robert, you have been so helpful and I do aprreciate that. Any tips to ease the discomfort would also be welcome.

I do have something to share though. I took about 50mg of seroquel when I got up this morning and it really helped with that restless feeling you get. It also helped with muscle stuff too. The thing is 50mg would put most people to sleep, but I take 200mg before bed so I am somewhat used to it. I would advise non tolerant people to take max 25mg possibly even 12mg would be good to start then go to 25 if that doesnt help. THIS WILL MAKE YOU SLEEPY SO BEWARE. Plenty of ibuprofen too for the muscle aches which I am not sure really helped. Also taking a multivitamin just cause I though why not it cant hurt

Anyways just thoght I would give an update as to what was going on. Sorry for not posting much recently but I have not been feeling the best I have also had to go to appts and family thing, which was not pleasant in the condition I was in. I managed it by telling them I had a cold or flu lol

Lots of love,
    Anna
    Last edited by annadoman; 04-12-2012 at 12:37 PM. Reason: Spellng

Day 5!

Things seem to be getting a little better. I actually laughed last night, which is something I havn't done in a long time. Almost feels like I am coming out of a haze. Been listening to music also and enjoying it.

I hope I continue to get better. Still have achy muscles, that feeling where you cant sit still (which the seroquel seems to help with as mentioned in my previous post), really bad runs, hot and cold flushes racing heart etc. BUT it is getting better, well it seems to be from yesterday anyway

Just thought I would give an update.

Anna

ClassiqueMom is offline Senior Member

Hi Anna!
    5 days IS awesome!! you've come a longgg way!
    everybody! says it gets better with each passing day!

if a 'not so great' day comes.. just remember.. as reid/caught again says:
    "this too, shall pass"..

wishing you allllll the best!!
    Classique MoM

Thanks ClassiqueMom

It is now 6 days, but I have made a new thread.
    And that is good advice thank you.

Please check my new thread for an update,
    <3 Anna
    ClassiqueMom likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12