Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree32Likes
Robert_325
    Kherb is offline Member

Default Robert_325

Hi Robert, I hope I'm doing this right!!

Ok, so I have 8 subutex pills for the month. How do you recommend cutting up each dose? My doctor isn't the one who said I should take it 3 times a day...I just started doing that a long time ago and from what you are saying, it must be mental because right before my next dose I start have withdrawal symptoms. That's just being being a hypochondriac, right? Regardless, do you suggest I start with 2 doses a day or one? If I take just one, what time of day is best in your opinion? I'm nervous about not feeling well at work and people noticing, but I have to do what I have to do. I'm also nervous I won't be able to sleep, but my Ob said benadryl would be ok to take, so that's been helping. She prescribed Buspar, but I don't think it really works...or at least I didn't really notice anything.

I look forward to hearing back from you and hope I am able to find this thread again when I do! I can't thank you enough for your willingness to help me!!! Ps. I would love to hear from the girl you mentioned who is due in 3 weeks. I CANNOT WAIT to be off this drug!!!

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Kherb View Post
    Hi Robert, I hope I'm doing this right!!

Ok, so I have 8 subutex pills for the month. How do you recommend cutting up each dose? My doctor isn't the one who said I should take it 3 times a day...I just started doing that a long time ago and from what you are saying, it must be mental because right before my next dose I start have withdrawal symptoms. That's just being being a hypochondriac, right? Regardless, do you suggest I start with 2 doses a day or one? If I take just one, what time of day is best in your opinion? I'm nervous about not feeling well at work and people noticing, but I have to do what I have to do. I'm also nervous I won't be able to sleep, but my Ob said benadryl would be ok to take, so that's been helping. She prescribed Buspar, but I don't think it really works...or at least I didn't really notice anything.

I look forward to hearing back from you and hope I am able to find this thread again when I do! I can't thank you enough for your willingness to help me!!! Ps. I would love to hear from the girl you mentioned who is due in 3 weeks. I CANNOT WAIT to be off this drug!!!

You've done this perfectly. This is much easier to speak than on the other side of the web site.

The thing about dosing three times a day is basically that it's addictive behavior. As drug dependent individuals we get accustomed to taking SOMETHING throughout the day. So, basically yes, it's a psychological thing. I'm not saying the symptoms you're feeling aren't real, they are just coming from your thought process rather than your physical body. Does that make sense? Like I told you the half life of subs is up to72 hours or longer so common sense tells you this is something you need to get past. You can't be going into w/d every 4-6 hours and get off subs. In many countries around the world this medication is only dispensed ONCE daily and it's not even a choice that you get to make. That is the way it is. It's not healthy mentally to dose so many times a day and it's not necessary.

I agree about the benadryl vs the buspar. I don't see how anyone gets any benefit from buspar personally. I think it's worthless, at least in my experience.

I would suggest you take your entire dose tomorrow during the late morning a little before lunch. Then post back here to me in the late afternoon or early evening and let me know how you feel. Remember that I'm not going to let you suffer. I will make this as painless as possible as you're carrying a little baby and I won't do anything to jeopardize that. May I ask if it's a boy or girl if you don't mind?

I will be speaking with the young lady I spoke of who is about to deliver and she will post to you I promise. I need to contact her and check up on her anyway. I will speak with you tomorrow. Just post back to me right here on this thread. When you submit a reply go to the second submit button below and click on where it says "email notification" so you'll be subscribed to this thread and you'll receive an email from ddc each time anyone posts here. You're going to do well. Trust me, that is all I can tell you. I know how to do this. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Kherb ..... Cutting up the pills .... sorry! Did you get 8mg or 2mg pills?
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Kherb is offline Member

Thank you for your very supportive words Robert!! I got the 2mg pills by the way!!

I will do what you said tomorrow and be sure to let you know how I'm feeling. Quick question, because this will be my first morning not waking up and taking something, I'm nervous that all my wd symptoms will hit in my morning meetings at work. (I'm an outside sales rep, so I have meetings in the office in the mornings and then I'm out and about!) Would it be better to wait until Friday (I have the day off) to not take it first thing, or no? Whatever you suggest I will try!! I know it's mental because I'll go overnight (12 hours) without a dose and will wake up feeling fine. However, once my brain kicks in...I start the yawns, sneezes, chills...etc! If I don't hear back from you tonight, I'll just do exactly as you suggested.

I'm expecting a girl! I've had 3 loses in the past (very early on), so I didn't think it was possible to have a baby! Now that I've made it this far, I'm beating myself up because of this drug!! However, with your guidance, I'm sure I can can be sub free before she gets here!!! I've gotten through it before with painkillers and know I'm stronger than I think sometimes! Talk to you soon!

Thank you for your very supportive words Robert!! I got the 2mg pills by the way!!

I will do what you said tomorrow and be sure to let you know how I'm feeling. Quick question, because this will be my first morning not waking up and taking something, I'm nervous that all my wd symptoms will hit in my morning meetings at work. (I'm an outside sales rep, so I have meetings in the office in the mornings and then I'm out and about!) Would it be better to wait until Friday (I have the day off) to not take it first thing, or no? Whatever you suggest I will try!! I know it's mental because I'll go overnight (12 hours) without a dose and will wake up feeling fine. However, once my brain kicks in...I start the yawns, sneezes, chills...etc! If I don't hear back from you tonight, I'll just do exactly as you suggested.

I'm expecting a girl! I've had 3 loses in the past (very early on), so I didn't think it was possible to have a baby! Now that I've made it this far, I'm beating myself up because of this drug!! However, with your guidance, I'm sure I can can be sub free before she gets here!!! I've gotten through it before with painkillers and know I'm stronger than I think sometimes! Talk to you soon!

Sorry about your past losses but congratulations on your little girl! I will be praying for you both as we move forward. Like I told you on the other part of the site, I don't mess around where babies are concerned. I think we can start on Friday just fine. You've got plenty of time to do this safely and I want you to be focused and relaxed when we begin.

The best way to do this sounds goofy with the pills but it works I promise. Take a plate, mirror, glass picture frame, whatever is convenient and crush a 2mg pill totally into powder. Get a single-edged razor and divide it into four equal piles, each will be .5mg. Doing it by eye is close enough. Then you just cut what you need, put it on a creased business card and pour it under your tongue. It will dissolve quickly but will work just as good as the films. I really prefer the subutex, they have much less side effects than do the suboxone. Stay in touch. God bless!

Kherb is offline Member

Ok, perfect, thank you! And thanks for the prayers...I've never prayed so much as I have since being pregnant!! One more quick question thank I'll leave you alone until tomorrow - if I'm going to start the one dose a day on Friday what do you think I should do tomorrow and Thursday? I have a couple of doses of Suboxone left that I planned to throw away, should I continue with that (the way I was going) and then do what we discussed on Friday? I will need to get a razor as well, but if you think I should just start with the subutex tomorrow I can just try to break it up into 2 doses, am and pm. Whatever you think, I completely trust you!

Thank again and I'll be sure to write again tomorrow. Have a wonderful night!!!

Throw the suboxone down the toilet! I don't want you taking ANY more suboxone while you're pregnant! That is why I was so insistent when we first spoke. I would NEVER allow my wife to take suboxone if she were pregnant and I don't want you to do it either. We will do this with the subutex and you'll deliver a healthy baby girl! Get some rest! I'm glad to hear you are praying! He has never let me down yet! God bless.

Kherb is offline Member

Ok, it's done...down the toilet! I'll talk to you tomorrow!
    Robert_325 likes this.

Jessa29 is offline Member

Hey Kherb- I'm assuming that's not really your name, lol! I'm Bentley and I just finished doing Roberts taper a few weeks ago- I was a total nut case, well I still am! But I was worried to death about it being safe ect ect and I can promise you that your in good hands!! It won't be the easiest task at times but so worth it! I'm due on the 29th and the weight off of me from not having to worry about this is indescribable! I will stay in touch as much as I can if you need anything!! Hang in there!!
    Robert_325 likes this.

StayCo03115 is offline Member

Hey Kherb! I'm Stacey and I also completed Robert's plan while pregnant. You can check out my threads if u want. I gave birth to a beautiful baby girl who just turned 5 months old last week. Both of us were totally healthy and not addicted to anything at the time of birth. If u have any questions or u just want to talk, I'm here. U r not in this alone.
    Robert_325 likes this.

Bentley and Stacey ..... thanks for the back up! You girls are awesome! God bless.
    StayCo03115 likes this.

Ok, it's done...down the toilet! I'll talk to you tomorrow!

Here is another friend that recently delivered a perfectly healthy clean baby after tapering off subs here. Check out the link. Pictures included! God bless.

http://www.drugs.com/forum/prescript...tml#post358179

Kherb is offline Member

Bentley and Stacy, thank you so much for writing!!! It is so encouraging to know I'm not alone in this situation. I would love to read through your old threads, but don't really know how to do that. Any suggestions? Also, is just replying on here a good way to talk to you both? As I'm sure you can relate, I've been scared out of my mind most of this pregnancy due to the subs and was SO RELIEVED to finally be able to talk to Robert. I'm due June 17th, but my baby is measuring big...so I'm nervous she will come early and I won't have tapered yet. However, I'm going to follow Robert's instructions to a tee and feel confident that it will work! I would love to know if there were certain things that worked for you both while going through it all to help with the anxiety and lack of energy. I know pregnancy can bring on these symptoms, so adding coming off subs to the mix will make it a little harder. Also, do you think your babies felt the withdrawl like you did? She was moving around a ton last night when I had anxiety...which is fairly normal...however it did make me think a little. Any words of advice will be greatly appreciated and thank you SO MUCH for the support!!! Congrats to you both on your babies!! Kathryn

Ps. Thank you Robert for asking them to reach out to me!!!

Kathrynn ..... the girls will check on you I'm sure. I can tell you that everyone who does this, especially those who are pregnant, have different experiences. Your hormones are all over the place anyway, but knowing that you've got until mid June, even if she comes early, at the small dose you're on, you couldn't possibly be in a better place now unless you were already clean. You have plenty of time to finish this off easily and without a lot of discomfort. We have plenty of time so I can make this where your baby won't go through w/d I promise. I will go lots more slowly with you than I would someone not pregnant. This will NOT be anything that gives you a lot of trouble. I'm just glad we got you on the subutex. Stay in touch. God bless.

StayCo03115 is offline Member

Thomas recipe worked great for me. The baby doesn't feel w/d's like u do. Its a much more watered down version. Sorry to be so short and to the point, I'm at work and typing on my phone. I'll check in on u properly tomorrow.

Kherb is offline Member

Hi Robert,
    So today I just took my full dose (.5mg) at 7am before work. Man, it can get tricky with cutting it up and diving it into 4! I was up ALL NIGHT with anxiety over only taking subs once a day. My stomach was super upset and I probably only slept an hour...however, today I feel surprisingly ok. I'm a little nervous about getting through tonight, but as of right now...I feel it's possible. I don't want to have to take more tonight, because I don't want to go up in my dose...so if I don't sleep tonight I'm going to have to be ok with that. So really the only feelings that are somewhat annoying today are the sweats (just a little) and anxiety. How long do you suggest I stay at this dose? When do you think my body will get used to the once a day dose?

Again, thanks for all your help and for having the girls reach out to me!!!

Kherb is offline Member

Robert and Stacy,
    Just read your replies...thank you very much!!!!

I'll look up the Thomas Recipe now!

Robert and Stacy,
    Just read your replies...thank you very much!!!!

I'll look up the Thomas Recipe now!

Kathryn .... Here is a link to the Thomas Recipe.

http://www.drugs.com/forum/featured-...wal-35169.html

The Thomas Recipe is fine but there are some ingredients in there, such as valium or other benzos, that you need to avoid being pregnant. Get with me and let's talk prior to starting on that. I want to be sure you only take what is healthy for you and omit that which could cause problems. Benzos are a NO NO if you are pregnant. God bless.

Kherb is offline Member

Thanks Robert! Did you see my reply before the one about the Thomas recipe? Just wanted to make sure.

I'm staring to panic a little now that I'm home, but I plan to try to stay busy and take a benadryl around 6pm to calm my nerves. Talk to you soon!

Thanks Robert! Did you see my reply before the one about the Thomas recipe? Just wanted to make sure.

I'm staring to panic a little now that I'm home, but I plan to try to stay busy and take a benadryl around 6pm to calm my nerves. Talk to you soon!

Kathryn .... Glad you pointed that out. I missed your reply. Going from multiple doses to one is a challenge mentally. I think you've done awesome today.

I will check on you later in the evening, want to make sure you're okay. I would suggest that you stay at this dose for a few days at least until you're comfortable dosing once a day. Then we can start tapering. If you start reducing your dose too soon, especially when you've just changed your entire dosing regimen, it will likely give you fits. So let's get you feeling good being on the one dose daily and then we'll proceed forward. And you WILL get used to dividing up those little piles.

A suggestion for you! Those piles get so small, especially when your dose starts getting smaller, I suggest using small post-it notes to label the piles and then put the plate or whatever you're using someplace safe where it won't get messed up. It's easy to make a mess out those piles if you aren't careful. They get really tiny when you get down to .25mg or less. By the time we are done you'll swear that you're only taking a crumb. Take care. God bless.

Kherb is offline Member

Thanks Robert! I think that is a good idea so my brain can get over feeling like it "needs" something 3 times a day. I'll look for your reply later tonight!
    Robert_325 likes this.

Jessa29 is offline Member

Hey Kathryn, try not to let yourself stress too much it only makes it worse- trust me! Robert & Stacey are gonna laugh when they see I just said that as Im surprised I didn't drive Robert into witness protection with all my worrying!!! Lol!! I was a little further along than you when I started and I started from a higher dose so you are in such good shape!!! Your gonna do great!!!
    Robert_325 and StayCo03115 like this.

Kherb is offline Member

Thank you Bentley, that is VERY comforting to hear!!! :-)

Kathryn .... so are you hanging tough? How are we feeling this evening? Getting ready to crash shortly, been up since 2:00 this morning working on my Easter message for church on Sunday. I enjoy the peace of the early morning. So tell me how you're doing. God bless.

Kherb is offline Member

Hi Robert!
    I'm trying to hang tough! Feel antsy and my legs are really uncomfortable, so I took a Tylenol pm, ate a banana (for the RLS) and took a hot bath. Praying that I'll be able to get some sleep tonight because I'm exhausted!! Do you mind if i ask- are you a pastor at your church? I live the parlor at mine, always has a really great message!!

Thanks for checking in and get some rest! If I don't hear back from you tonight I'll be sure to write again when I get home from work tomorrow. Thanks again for everything!!

Hi Robert!
    I'm trying to hang tough! Feel antsy and my legs are really uncomfortable, so I took a Tylenol pm, ate a banana (for the RLS) and took a hot bath. Praying that I'll be able to get some sleep tonight because I'm exhausted!! Do you mind if i ask- are you a pastor at your church? I live the parlor at mine, always has a really great message!!

Thanks for checking in and get some rest! If I don't hear back from you tonight I'll be sure to write again when I get home from work tomorrow. Thanks again for everything!!

Sounds like you're doing great! It's the first day of doing this a new way! You'll be fine. I'll keep you in my prayers!

My wife and I are both very involved at church, I do an adult Bible study class before church each Sunday, Melinda works in the Welcome Center every Sunday, we do lots of things there but I'm not a pastor. My pastor recently asked me if I would like to do a church service sometime soon, but I haven't yet. Know that I could do it, just need to pray about that one. Considering I'd been a 35 year terrible drug addict up until ten years ago I've come a long ways. I owe everything to HIM!!!

Take care! I'll talk with you tomorrow. God bless.

Kherb is offline Member

Congrats on your 10 years!! Your church and this forum are lucky to have you!!! God bless you (and your wife) as well and I look forward to speaking again tomorrow!!

Kherb is offline Member

Hi Robert,
    It's midnight where I am and I know you aren't up, but I haven't been able to sleep yet and will going on my 3rd night of no sleep. The anxiety over getting through work tomorrow is building up with every waking hour. I've been reading over previous threads from other women you've given advice to and decided to take an additional dose of less than .25mg more just now so that I can sleep. I pray I've made the right decision, but I just cannot sit still and cannot catch my breath. I have 3 days off after tomorrow, so I'll be able to get through the night knowing I can always sleep during those days. I hope this doesn't set me back too much, I just don't know what else to do at this moment. Maybe going from taking 3 doses a day to one is messing with me a little? I can handle it, but not 3 nights in a row of no sleep. (I've taken as much tylenol pm/benadryl that I'm allowed to take tonight and it hasn't worked). Anyway, just wanted to let you know where I'm at. I'm going to try to sleep now! Please write back in the morning and let me know your thoughts...I worry I'm setting myself back and will talk to you tomorrow about what to do in the future when this happens!! Thanks!!

Kherb is offline Member

Robert, sorry for the late night multiple posts! Lol! Now I'm beating myself up for what I just did! I wish I could just turn my brain off!! Please tell me I haven't screwed things up for myself! I've been ok at .5mg for a week now but switching my meds (from suboxone to subutex) and not taking it 3 times a day will take some getting used to mentally. Anyway, I'm going to try really hard to sleep now & look forward to hearing from you in the morning!

Kherb is offline Member

Good morning Robert! If you get this in the next hour, let me know if you think I should take less than my .5 dose this morning because I took a little extra last night. Otherwise I'll just continue on as planned not take more than that until tomorrow morning...no matter what! I'm very disappointed in myself for last night, but nothing I can do now! (The one thing I am proud of is that I went 17 hours between doses yesterday...which I was convinced was impossible for me!) GOING to make it 24 hours today!!! Hope to hear from you soon!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast