Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Like Tree563Likes
Robert325 plz help w sub taper...was on sub thread waiting to hear back
    Crystalclear651 is offline Senior Member

Cheeky, I really do take ur advice to heart n believe in it

MP5, Awesome job on successfully tapering. Did u do a quick taper of your DOC or were u on subs for a long time? I think the fact that u jumped so low really might b helpful in my case as well. How long have u been clean? Thx for sharing your personal experience and advice. I need to b more consistent with my dosing schedule. Did u dose once or twice a day? I heard on some other threads you should dose twice a day but I lately have been taking all 6 in the mornings. I'm thinking of dropping my dose down to 4.5 tomorrow, wish me luck.

I went n said a private prayer at church today....haven't set foot in there for awhile n I felt an overwhelming sense of calm. It was a great feeling, n I agree, u need to b motivated, strong-minded and stay positive n I'm getting myself there....alot of this was helped by your tough love all. Xoxos
    Last edited by Crystalclear651; 06-04-2012 at 10:48 PM.

Smile

Oops duplicate post
    Last edited by Crystalclear651; 06-04-2012 at 10:47 PM.

Anonymous Guest

i only ever took my dose once a day.... some do 2.

but whatever works for you. i had to coz i was thru a clinic, but in the end it was good, take it once in the morning and get on with life... no worries...
    surfdog likes this.

Anonymous Guest

but whatever works for you. i had to coz i was thru a clinic, but in the end it was good, take it once in the morning and get on with life... no worries...

dunno wots up lately but i been gettin duplicate posts all over the place as well... whooops.

Quote Originally Posted by cheekysod View Post

dunno wots up lately but i been gettin duplicate posts all over the place as well... whooops.
    Ok wanted to rush it to 4.5 tomorrow but I think ill take your advice n stabilize a couple more days of feeling better. Do it once n do it right . Just amazed at how this med screws with u during the tapering process...u want off it NOW but it's def better to stay consistent, which I plan on doin from here on out. Have a great night guys
    Last edited by Crystalclear651; 06-05-2012 at 01:48 AM.
    ClassiqueMom likes this.

surfdog is offline Senior Member

Crystal your are doing well, listen to Cheeky she will guide you the right way you'll be off the subs shortly Surfdog
    MP5 likes this.

MP5
    MP5 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crystalclear651 View Post
    Cheeky, I really do take ur advice to heart n believe in it

MP5, Awesome job on successfully tapering. Did u do a quick taper of your DOC or were u on subs for a long time? I think the fact that u jumped so low really might b helpful in my case as well. How long have u been clean? Thx for sharing your personal experience and advice. I need to b more consistent with my dosing schedule. Did u dose once or twice a day? I heard on some other threads you should dose twice a day but I lately have been taking all 6 in the mornings. I'm thinking of dropping my dose down to 4.5 tomorrow, wish me luck.
    Hi crystalclear. Hope you are feeling better today. To answer your questions. If by quick taper you mean the %25 reductions as per Robert, then yes. I was inducted at 32mg (I think) by a really bad doctor, and then found this place and dropped down much much lower(I forget what dose) and then did the %25 reductions every four days. I was/am a long time opiate addict that ended with a ugly IV addiction. I am sure not being on subs for a long time made the process a bit easier. I am just luck I found this place when I did. I dosed once a day as well. At 10:15 every day, on the dot. I got on subs in December 2011, and took my last one in Feb 2012. Couldn't be happier!

Keep up the good work!

Mike
    Chrissytee likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by surfdog View Post
    Crystal your are doing well, listen to Cheeky she will guide you the right way you'll be off the subs shortly Surfdog
    MOst definitely I stayed on 6 today will c how I feel rest of day n decide whether or not to drop my dose tomorrow.

Oh here's the link for the song I suggested earlier that really got me thru the tough times during my first jump:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ke3pREgZPr8

Thx surfdog!

Hi all, even tho im at such a high dose still, i love to hear everyones advice, success stories, experiences from chronic pain ppl, etc. thx cheeky for all ur advice i greatly appreciate ur time and attention to me.

For those still tapering or jumping, if u didn't look up my inspirational song here's the link for hold me up by 33 miles
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ke3pREgZPr8

Also during my first jump I found Eminems song Not Afraid to b uplifting, but beware its very explicit n sum may not like him at all but his Recovery album really helped me the first time around.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=j5-yKhDd64s

Keep posting n I'll keep u updated, might taper tomorrow, wish me luck!

Btw I saw my dr n explained to him I was scared to jump once the time came cuz I didn't want to b in so much pain again n u know what he suggested (not even for tapering but for pain mgmt) was a subutex patch!!! I'm thinking wtf go thru wds then put me BACK on subutext patches, which he tried to say we're different than suboxone but has same ingredient in it!!!! Unbelievable. Sigh. That's why I need ur expertise more than ever cuz I'm obviously not getting good advice from my dr.

Anonymous Guest

crystal, yup stay on 6mg till you feel comfortable. you have got down low from a high dose, so getting stable is the key. that way you will be able to taper down to zero with minimal problems..

you will know when you feel ready, i know i did, i felt 'normal'. mind you it wasnt till i got to below 2mg that i encountered any problems at all. in fact to be honest it wasnt till .5mg and under i struggled a bit.

keep up the good attitude. you are doing well. i am going away next week with the kids i work with, but i will make sure you are algudz and know what you are doing before then. once ya get the gist, its easy...

hang in there mate. you gonna get this too. its awesome... and yeh, music comes back alright, its wonderful now, i missed out so much over the years on drugs...

Anonymous Guest

p.s dont worry right now about the JUMP... just concentrate on one day at a time on the taper. it will fall into place. ok. stop worrying... thats an order from da kiwi. lol.

p.p s... i got right into eminem, IM NOT AFRAID. i posted the lyrics on my thread a few times when i was gettin clean too. love that album. also another good recovery album is 'a perfect circle' called 13th step. they consist of a few of the tool members, goin out on their own. its a GREAT ALBUM.... i recommend it... specially song called 'weak and powerless'... these guys know all about what drugs do to us, and how to get off them.... yup...
    Last edited by Anonymous; 06-05-2012 at 11:50 PM.

Smile

Thx cheeky, it's soooo nice to know your here for me. My dr said to taper very very slowly n that was the key but I don't have faith in him...HE never went thru this like so many here have n I take your opinion over a dr who doesn't know what it's really like.

N I'll def check out the other music u mentioned, thx for the suggestions
    ... I always "liked" music but it's strange how much I "loved" it while jumping n tapering down low. It got me thru those dark moments n kept my willpower in check. I had earphones on constantly, that was my saving grace at the time...listening to uplifting music n even sad music would move me to tears! Just shows ya that you are getting your emotions back n "feeling" again. Couldn't do this again wo ur support n everyone else's. I lOve opening up this thread and hearing new posts. God bless ya all.

Smile

Thx cheeky, it's soooo nice to know you're here for me, even though I can understand u have a LIFE n I don't want to b a nuisance. I saw my dr today and he said to taper very very slowly n that was the key but I don't have faith in him...HE never went thru this like so many here have n I take your opinion over a dr who doesn't know what it's really like.

N I'll def check out the other music u mentioned, thx for the suggestions
    ... I always "liked" music but it's strange how much I "loved" it while jumping n tapering down low. It got me thru those dark moments n kept my willpower in check. I had earphones on constantly, even falling asleep in bed with them on. that was my saving grace at the time...listening to uplifting music n even sad music would move me to tears! Just shows ya that you are getting your emotions back n "feeling" again. Couldn't do this again wo ur support n everyone else's. I lOve opening up this thread and hearing new posts each day. God bless ya all

Smile

Anyone else plz feel free to post ur favorite songs that are inspiring n keep ya goin.

Crystal, girl proud of you! you are doing great listen to Cheeky. Music is a great asset can't get into m&m i'm an old fart, I think I can still do that, not sure though, anyway more into Southern rock/blues Allman broiothers, used to run with them, and a Parrot head. But what ever floats your boat.
    Glad you are here so nice to see people getting better God Bless Surfdog
    ClassiqueMom likes this.

Today I went down to 4.5 n no problems, yea! I know it sounds corny but I downloaded sum chronic pain self help n other self help audio books last night at this point anything can help.

Thx for advice n stories n music ideas so far. Luv yas
    ClassiqueMom, surfdog and MP5 like this.

Day two at 4.5 n doing well except my pain is increasing. I'm gonna have to figure out an alternative to deal w the pain. I've stayed back exercising which i know i need to do on a regular, but sprained both my ankles about a month ago n I think I resprained one by my short workout yesterday...anyways I no I need to come up with a plan once I'm off everything. Every doc I've seen in the past wants to use antidepressants, but I've tried soooo many n they don't seem to help. If anything I'm more aggravated, tired and unmotivated! Maybe it's just me though.

I find myself getting really edgy w my sig other n I don't mean to. It's been difficult dealing w both our health probs, but after reading surfdogs post about being in the hospital n dealing w it w grace n strength, it gives me hope I can do the same.
    MP5 likes this.

Grrrr admin wouldnt let me fix my typing errors. Been using my iPhone this whole time n it's a pain as far as spelling n grammar. ! Hey not to sound stupid, but I just want to b sure I'm tapering these pieces down right. So I have 8 mg strips. I cut those in half then I take one of those 1/2s (4mg), then I take the other 4mg 1/2 n split it into 4s, n take one of the four small pieces to equal 4.5, right? Just checking. Since I'm feeling alright I'll stick to using 4.5, then go down to 3.3-3.5 after a couple more days? I have to wait another month before I can get the 2 mg strips, which I think would b much easier to cut n fig out
    Chrissytee likes this.

Strengthnow is offline Junior Member

Try "Some Nights" by FUN.

An upbeat almost marching song that makes you feel like you can conquer the world to me. Has been on repeat in my car since I started my detox.

Some great lyrics that I have been able to associate with what we are going through.

Good luck and keep up the good work!
    Crystalclear651 likes this.

clevername is offline Member

Surfdog "blue sky" by allman brothers man my uncle said that's the song he wants played at his funeral couldn't agree more absolutely amazing song, gives me chills
    Crystalclear651 and surfdog like this.

MP5
    MP5 is offline Member

Hi Crystal, Glad you are doing so well! If I read you post correctly, I believe you are taking 5mg's. To get 4.5 with the 8mg films you would cut a film in half making two 4mg squares. Take one of those 4mg squares and cut into four equal pieces. That will give you 4 1mg pieces. You should then take one of those 1mg pieces and cut that in half giving you two .5mg pieces. Then take one 4mg piece and one of the .5mg = 4.5mg. Once i got down to 1mg off a 8mg film I found that, with them being so small, it was easier to cut the squares in half making triangles(kinda like what Mom posted). But it is all about what you feel comfortable with. It is not a huge difference, and it is always much better to round up if you have to so you never exceed the %25 reduction. I am sure Cheeky will have better advice on how to proceed from here, but don't freak out in the mean time. You are doing great!!

P.S.- I got my doc to rx me the 2mg films, and it made dealing with the micro doses much easier. You can do it no problem with the 8's, but the 2's seem way easier(but more expensive).

Keep it up!
    Mike
    Last edited by MP5; 06-07-2012 at 01:49 PM.
    Chrissytee likes this.

Thx for the music ideas loved both songs n just downloaded em!

Darn I knew I was getting confused, I'm Terrible w math :eekp thx for the clarification, those lil piecehaste a b, lol. So should I stick w the 5 mg for two more days then do a 25% reduction off that or should I go to 4.5 tomorrow for 4 days then reduce 25% of that? at least I'm decreasing I guess n that's al that matters so I'm not gonna beat myself up over my stupidity xoxo
    Chrissytee likes this.

Crystal glad you are doing so well you hang in there you can do this God Bless surfdog

Default In response to Mikes earlier post

Btw I overlooked your post Mike about your story n advice on how often to take it. Great job getting clean! I totally agree, this is the place to b to taper proper. Thx for ur input on taking it once a day as I have been. Thx guys. Oh btw I since cheeky hasn't been around I decided since I screwed up my taper n went to 5, that I'd try 4 today n c how I feel? Hope that's not gonna screw things up. If you all think I should go back to 5 for these two days then go down to 4 lemme no.
    Last edited by Crystalclear651; 06-08-2012 at 12:53 PM.

MP5
    MP5 is offline Member

Hey crystal. You didn't screw anything up, you are doing very well, It is kinda natural to want to speed things up when you are feeling good, but be very careful. You really never want to drop more than %25, and always wait the four days no matter how you feel. Remember when you dropped from 8mg's to 4mg's, even after you went back up to 6mg's you still didn't feel good for a couple days? You don't want to go trough that again, stick with what works. Due to the long half life of subs, a change you make today could cause you some problems later. Once you run into problems, especially once down to micro doses, it can be really hard to fix, and end up making the process longer. So something you do to try to speed things up could, and more than likely will end up making this process take longer. Remember, think of it like you are walking on a fence, just on the edge of being in wd's, but not really. Any little deviation could potentially cause some major problem. It really isn't worth trying to speed things up when they are going so well. Always stay at your dose for at least four days before reducing again, no matter how you feel. Consistency is key with a sub taper, same dose every day at the same time. I know you get excited when you are feeling good, and want to speed things up a little, but it just isn't worth it, trust me. Remember, there is no rush. Do this right, and you will only have to do it once.

Mike
    Last edited by MP5; 06-08-2012 at 02:02 PM.

MP5
    MP5 is offline Member

I am sure Cheeky will be around soon to tell you how to proceed. Keep up the good work! You are doing great.

Mike

Crystal how are you doing? Dog

Quote Originally Posted by MP5 View Post
    Hey crystal. You didn't screw anything up, you are doing very well, It is kinda natural to want to speed things up when you are feeling good, but be very careful. You really never want to drop more than %25, and always wait the four days no matter how you feel. Remember when you dropped from 8mg's to 4mg's, even after you went back up to 6mg's you still didn't feel good for a couple days? You don't want to go trough that again, stick with what works. Due to the long half life of subs, a change you make today could cause you some problems later. Once you run into problems, especially once down to micro doses, it can be really hard to fix, and end up making the process longer. So something you do to try to speed things up could, and more than likely will end up making this process take longer. Remember, think of it like you are walking on a fence, just on the edge of being in wd's, but not really. Any little deviation could potentially cause some major problem. It really isn't worth trying to speed things up when they are going so well. Always stay at your dose for at least four days before reducing again, no matter how you feel. Consistency is key with a sub taper, same dose every day at the same time. I know you get excited when you are feeling good, and want to speed things up a little, but it just isn't worth it, trust me. Remember, there is no rush. Do this right, and you will only have to do it once.

Mike
    Good to hear from ya. Ok so I took 4 this morning n with ur advice, which I greatly appreciate, I took 1 more mg so Ill stay at 5 mg for two more days then go down to 4...then it will b easier to taper down from there. Also got great news on my cancer scare, I'm a-okay!!!! Great way to start the weekend n one less stresser to deal with. Have a great weekend!!!
    MP5 and Chrissytee like this.

Crystal how are you doing? Dog
    Happy Friday! I'm doing good today actually. I was in a lot of pain (from fibro more than tapering issues) yesterday but am in less pain today. I saw a rheumy a few months ago n he put me on neurotin, which I tried years ago n I hated it but thought >> give it another try. It seems to help W some pain issues but I find myself very tired for the first half of the day (I started at 100 mg n now take 300mg at night)...long story short I was tired until 3pm then got myself motivated n did a YouTube 30 min workout circuit. I've been forcing myself to exercise 5 days per week, this is a recent thing for me. I gained 30 lbs within the last year n as a female n former competitive dancer, I couldn't stand my new physique anymore. Plus I know I need to b exercising to feel better, build up my strength again n also sounds like it helps w WDs. Long winded, sorry lol. Anyways, I feel great at 5 mg today n will go down to 4 on Sunday. Then I'll get back on track w/ doing 25% reductions. thx for checking in dog hope u are feeling better. Take care of u n have a great weekend.

Anonymous Guest

you are doin good crystal.. sorry had some of my own stuff goin on. havent posted. stick to your 5mg. no worries. yeh, as long as you are heading down the way in dose, you cant do too wrong on this taper... make sure you feel ok after the drop before you head down some more tho.... that way its smooth sailing the whole way down.
    freezing here today. brrrrr, snow on mountain. i gota go light my fire. take it easy, saturday here already, have a good weekend...

Quote Originally Posted by cheekysod View Post
    you are doin good crystal.. sorry had some of my own stuff goin on. havent posted. stick to your 5mg. no worries. yeh, as long as you are heading down the way in dose, you cant do too wrong on this taper... make sure you feel ok after the drop before you head down some more tho.... that way its smooth sailing the whole way down.
    freezing here today. brrrrr, snow on mountain. i gota go light my fire. take it easy, saturday here already, have a good weekend...
    Hey no worries glad to hear back! Where ru from btw? I'm in Seattle. Enjoy ur weekend n I'll keep ya posted. Me n Chrissy have buddies up since we r both close in doses. I know I've reiterated this 1,000x but this website n its members are all so great. I love coming on here n hearing from each n every one of yas. I'll keep in touch - xoxos

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast