Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree563Likes
Robert325 plz help w sub taper...was on sub thread waiting to hear back
    Crystalclear651 is offline Senior Member

Ok get ready to yell at me. I know Ive been all over the place with this taper n I thank God you are still hangin in there with me...n no I didn't up my dose this time lol...but hubbie wants us to go on a trip out of the country in the 2nd week of Sept n I really want to be off subs n not in the middle of wds by that time. I keep telling myself I found the strength to do it before I can do this again. So I know this plan of mine will sound crazy n stupid but I need to be off everything by Aug 12-13th in order to be Ok for this trip. So I was thinking, don't have much time to do this, so I dropped to 1 mg today, will stay there for 4 days, drop to .50 for 4 days, then to .25 for 4 days...yikes! I figured the worse that can happen is I TRY this n if things get intolerable I'll go back on subs at a low dose n taper from there again. I can't bring subs w me on this vacation, it's illegal to bring even w/a script in this country n the last thing I need is to get in trouble! I will wait to book my trip til a couple weeks off subs n c hOw I'm feeling. I know what to expect for wds n it's crunch time for me.

If this sounds utterly stupid I agree but I really want to attend this vacation...haven't gone on one in ages. If anyone has a different suggestion as far as my dosing schedule for the next 12 days let me know. I know I'll probably be a big whiny bit!? during this process n jump but I hope to have ur support even if u disagree. I enjoy chatting w u all n it's nice to have ppl have your back during these tough times.

Ok well here it begins...day 1 on 1.

ClassiqueMom is offline Senior Member

hi crystal!

somehow, i have a feeling that your 'wanting to' will make a big difference in your taper
    but the plan is yours .. for sure, i wish you the best!

you know i got your back with prayer!
    may it help make a difference!

take good!! care of {{you}}!

Classique MoM
    Crystalclear651 likes this.
    P - R - A - Y - E - R
    When life gets too hard to stand...KNEEL !

Thx mom, means a lot to me I have my head in the right Place right now. I think it was real good that the last 2 drops have been good for me...gave me some "rest n peace" so I can b strong enough to get thru this. Thx for checking in mom, prayers n hugs to u n Ur son.
    Crystal

Quote Originally Posted by ClassiqueMom View Post
    hi crystal!

somehow, i have a feeling that your 'wanting to' will make a big difference in your taper
    but the plan is yours .. for sure, i wish you the best!

you know i got your back with prayer!
    may it help make a difference!

take good!! care of {{you}}!

Classique MoM
    ClassiqueMom likes this.

toni.s. is offline Senior Member

i've got ur back no matter what!

Seriously girl that's awesome of u to say! Needed to hear yours n moms kind words. I haven't noticed alot of ppl around, been super quiet...I hate what's goin on with Karen. Hope she's doin well. N congrats to u I heard 60 days!!!?!! That's friggin sweeeeet

Well I'm dealing w some minor arm chills n a bit restless but other than that I've had a great night. My sleep has been terrible tho, but I've always had probs w that so no biggie.

Thx Toni, hope all is well w ya girl. Keep up the great work - big huge hugs,
    Crystal

Quote Originally Posted by toni.s. View Post
    i've got ur back no matter what!
    toni.s. likes this.

Hi-ya,
    Day 2 on 1...slept great thx to Tylenol pm woke up at 8 n have very minor chills n restlessness but other than that doin pretty darn good

Say a prayer for me!

Crystal

Oh btw I can totally relate to "the stretchies"...last two mornings just wanna stretch my muscles weird

Strong Desire is offline Advanced Member

Hi Crystal,

Thank you so much for your very kind words. They meant so much to me. I'm gonna give this another whirl with a new attitude and a fresh outlook on things.

I am so proud of you Crystal. You're really doing it girl! Gonna be clean in a very short time. I really hope it all works out for your vacation. I'm sure it will.

You want this so bad and like Dog and Reid always say, that is the part that you have to have yourself, and it appears that you really do. And like Cheeky says, good on ya girl!

I'll talk to you later, but just wanted to say hello right now. Thanks again for your post. I'm also supporting you all the way and have your back to in this along with the others. You're doing awesome! Bless ya girl.

Big Hugs,
    Karen

Glad to c ya girlie!! Big hugs

Yep I def have my mind made up n I think that's going to help me...ya know other than some minor stuff so far im doin so good on 1 mg... I know I have some tough days ahead of me but Im ready. I think this vaca is a blessing, like get er done, so u can move on n enjoy rest of life! I'm not expecting it to b "gumdrops n lollipops" as Robert once told someone but once I get my mind made on something, look out.

Anyways, happy ur back, everyone can be the bestest, greatest, dysfunctional but awesome family again! What's a family w/o some disagreeing lol?! Xoxo

Crystal

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Desire View Post
    Hi Crystal,

Thank you so much for your very kind words. They meant so much to me. I'm gonna give this another whirl with a new attitude and a fresh outlook on things.

I am so proud of you Crystal. You're really doing it girl! Gonna be clean in a very short time. I really hope it all works out for your vacation. I'm sure it will.

You want this so bad and like Dog and Reid always say, that is the part that you have to have yourself, and it appears that you really do. And like Cheeky says, good on ya girl!

I'll talk to you later, but just wanted to say hello right now. Thanks again for your post. I'm also supporting you all the way and have your back to in this along with the others. You're doing awesome! Bless ya girl.

Big Hugs,
    Karen

K wrapping up day 2 on 1...chills went away after I dosed, just some sore legs n tummy stuff..all manageable tho - hoping n praying tomorrow will b as kind to me. Hope to hear from everyone soon. Thx so much for ur support,
    Night night,
    Crystal
    surfdog and MP5 like this.

surfdog is offline Senior Member

Chrystal, you are doing great hang in there and keep that positive attitude you are going to make it Dog

Thx dog! Not too bad this morning...woke up w same minor stuff from yesterday morning, but def no biggie. Wasn't what I expected at all. Happy this drop has been ok for me...day 3 on 1 mg, yea!!

How ru doin these days dog? Hope ur feeling good.

Hugs,

Crystal q
    MP5 likes this.

I'm having a great day, I can't believe how good I feel actually...after I dosed all symptoms went away...MINOR anxiety but that's always been my biggest issue w/ sub detox. I'm expecting the next drops to hit me...expecting wds but hoping for the best. I figure if I can suck it up n forge on I'll b ok. Just taking it a day at a time. For some ppl worried about the reductions after 2, just know everyone is different n stay away from reading horror stories. N know you can push thru this w a little determination n right mindset. I think my biggest hurdle was getting over the fact that I wasn't ready n didn't have my mind in the right place. But now that I got over it n stabilized on my doses I began to get mentally prepared to get thru it. I'm so thankful to have some good days in me before my next two big drops n jump. I think it's given me the strength to push forward.

Thx so much guys for ur support. I know I'm going against the 25% plan but I'm looking forward to going on a much needed vaca n want to enjoy it without using subs!

Xoxo

Crystal

Quote Originally Posted by Crystalclear651 View Post
    I'm having a great day, I can't believe how good I feel actually...after I dosed all symptoms went away...MINOR anxiety but that's always been my biggest issue w/ sub detox. I'm expecting the next drops to hit me...expecting wds but hoping for the best. I figure if I can suck it up n forge on I'll b ok. Just taking it a day at a time. For some ppl worried about the reductions after 2, just know everyone is different n stay away from reading horror stories. N know you can push thru this w a little determination n right mindset. I think my biggest hurdle was getting over the fact that I wasn't ready n didn't have my mind in the right place. But now that I got over it n stabilized on my doses I began to get mentally prepared to get thru it. I'm so thankful to have some good days in me before my next two big drops n jump. I think it's given me the strength to push forward.

Thx so much guys for ur support. I know I'm going against the 25% plan but I'm looking forward to going on a much needed vaca n want to enjoy it without using subs!

Xoxo

Crystal
    You're awesome Crystal! I'm so proud of you. You're really doing it girl. Please don't expect your next drops to hit you as you say. They may not do that at all. Keep the positive flow going all the way through this. That's what will take you so far. You may not have any symptoms at all, but if you think and project that you will then guess what, you may then have some. So keep from thinking that way if at all possible. You want this so bad right now and you're really going to do it this time. Job well done to this point, so finish this off in style!

Lotsa Love,
    Karen

Thx Karen fOr the encouragement

Last two nights getting some tummy aches...got one now. Does immodium help that by any chance? Not sure if it's meant for cramps but my tummy is PO'd at me.

Thx kids, have a good night.

Xoxo

Crystal

Anonymous Guest

crystal i hope you have enough days to do this right. how many days you got.?? your on 1mg ay. ?

yup its not the 25% but long as you string it out, and with that attitude, you may just wing this and it will work for you. one thing i know is, having that 'vacation' to be having right there when you jump off subs will be a good thing, to keep you busy, and keep your head in a good space. busy busy busy.

good luck crystal. lemme know how many days you have up your sleeve. ? gota get this taper right for ya.
    MP5 and Crystalclear651 like this.

Anonymous Guest

p.s i used immodium right at the end. i would say try to keep it to a bare minimum till you REALLY need it.

hang in there crystal. you doin great.

Hi cheeky, so nice to hear from ya girl! So Tom will b day 4 on 1 mg, then I'll go to .50 for 4 days then to .25 for 4 days then jump...quite ambitious but like u said this vaca is a great motivator to get off subs ASAP. I won't have time to skip days unfortunately...my mind is ready n willing just prayin my body does the same. I'm willing to get thru some tough times in order to make it to the finish line. Goin to bed super early ( it's 9:40 pm here) cuz Tummys not happy w me so figured I'd sleep it off. I'm excited, nervous but really motivated to make this happen! Wish there were some more days to work with but not much time left for vaca. Thx for the kind words kiwi. Thx for ur advice n guidance. Take care,
    Crystal
    Quote Originally Posted by cheekysod View Post
    crystal i hope you have enough days to do this right. how many days you got.?? your on 1mg ay. ?

yup its not the 25% but long as you string it out, and with that attitude, you may just wing this and it will work for you. one thing i know is, having that 'vacation' to be having right there when you jump off subs will be a good thing, to keep you busy, and keep your head in a good space. busy busy busy.

good luck crystal. lemme know how many days you have up your sleeve. ? gota get this taper right for ya.

You keep going and listen to Cheeky you going to do just fine Dog

Oh btw vaca is mid-September so will have a month off subs if I do things this way...
    p.s i used immodium right at the end. i would say try to keep it to a bare minimum till you REALLY need it.

hang in there crystal. you doin great.

Thx dog! Just woke up, went to bed EARLY! I remember in my 20s >> just b getting ready to go out w friends, now I'm going to bed at like 9:30 lol. But that dang tummy ache was bad so I fig I'd sleep it off. Well it's still here this morning but I just keep tellin myself I ate something bad...but besides that no chills or anything feel pretty stable here today so will b dropping to .50 tomorrow! Wish me luck. Xoxo have a great weekend guys,
    Crystal

Anonymous Guest

you appear to have a bit more time up your sleeve to do this right mate. .. you sure instead of 50% drops you could use 33% instead. ? that would still get you finished up before your 'vacation', haha we say 'holiday', well. i guess you know what you want to do. just know, you have a bit more time, so you can stretch it out at the end.
    is there any other reason you need to hurry up.? you do have enough subs.?

just a bit concerned, dont want to see you push it too quick at the end when you dont have to.
    MP5 and LovesAnimals like this.

So I have opportunity to go to Japan n I really want some clean time built up before this trip. I guess I could hold off my jump but I was hoping to just drop fast n bear with the wds n hoping to feel much better for my holiday I don't know next time I'll b able to go there so that is why I'm dropping so fast. I know last time took me a month to feel a lot better so that's why I'm estimating my drops so quickly. I know I'll prob deal w more stuff after I jump so quickly but I'm willing to deal with it. I've read ppl who've dropped super low n still dealt w wds so I guess I thought I'd just bite the bullet n TRY it n if it doesn't work out well I'll go back on a low dose of subs n taper properly.

I guess time will tell. These next 2 drops will b the deciding factor. But I have to b clean n feeling decent for a full day of traveling both ways! Traveling internationally stinks when u don't feel good. Thx for suggestions cheeky I really apprec it...lemme c how I feel this week n if need b I'll try the 33% drops as suggested. Xoxo
    Crystal
    toni.s. likes this.

Anonymous Guest

trust me i know all about international travel. try flying anywhere from nz. its 14 hours to LA. and that only half way to london. haha.
    well, you gonna do it your way aint ya. good luck. just be careful. personally i would taper as low as possible, and then of course having the trip to keep your mind occupied would be a great help.
    with the time up your sleeve, im still not sure why the sudden rush. ya know. ?

Cheeky, I know u know about traveling internationally ur quite the traveller urself! I guess I'm just worried about feelin icky then. I've got more than enuf subs to do it proper so that's not a prob. I'm stubborn sometimes n guess I've got my mind set on this even tho it's not ideal. Right now I'm just takin it day by day n assessing how I feel...I'm just worried I'll get stuck on a dosage n chicken out on wrapping things up, so gonna try the fast n furious route! If I screw up I'll def b back tapering again but if I don't try I'll b diss appointed on missing out on my vacation. Hubs will wonder what the H is wrong w me so that's part of the prob I guess...sigh, I'm so conflicted. Well lemme c how I feel the next few days n maybe adjust if too severe. I guess I don't need to rush it but I really want to feel good in a month.

Had a great day today tho...it IS scary gettin down to these low doses but it's mostly a mental game so I'm trying to keep mind off things n stay busy. So far so good. Don't know why these lower doses have been easier for me than say 8-6-4-3...but I'm trying to stay positive n not dwell on what could happen.

Thx for advice I may b takin it very soon but I won't know unless I try. Have a good one,
    Crystal

trust me i know all about international travel. try flying anywhere from nz. its 14 hours to LA. and that only half way to london. haha.
    well, you gonna do it your way aint ya. good luck. just be careful. personally i would taper as low as possible, and then of course having the trip to keep your mind occupied would be a great help.
    with the time up your sleeve, im still not sure why the sudden rush. ya know. ?

Anonymous Guest

Crystal.....
    no harm in trying....
    but Da Kiwi knows......
    MP5 likes this.

Listen to the Kiwi she knows what she is talking about! No reason to suffer when you don't have to. Dog
    MP5 likes this.

Hi Crystal,

I'm just checking on you today to see how you're doing. Hey I went back last night and read through this entire thread. I might suggest that you do the same. Go right to your first post here and you will see how you've progressed, and what your intentions were at that time. May give you more insight and help you now as you continue forward. I think it may really help you is all. I want the very best for you girl and you know that right? Take care and have yourself a great Sunday!

Hugs,
    Karen

Hi guys, thx for recommendations, don't think I'd b here without yas. Ok so today before I came on here I took my .50 dose. I feel dumb asking this but what would my 33% reductions b after 1-.25ish? I usually multiply whatever dose by .25 then subtract that number by my current dose but I'm not doin something right w/ my subtractions of 33%. The way someone else said to do 25% reductions were to multiply ur dose by .75 so for 33% reductions should I multiply by .83?
    So drops according to that would be:
    .25???
    According to this, If dropped every 4 days >> be jumping at day 25 (plz correct my math or whatnot lol if I'm wrong). >> have 6 or so days to feel better before leaving. Maybe it's not realistic to go on this trip right now. I c what ur saying about keeping busy during our holiday n that will keep my mind busy, I'm just worried I'll b not feeling great.

already dosed (which btw seems CRAZY taking such a small sliver for the entire day...really is crazy how strong this stuff is) so at this point I'm not sure what to do. I shouldn't let this trip rule my reductions...yes I came on here to taper properly but I feel pressure from da hubs to go to Japan n b able to go sight seeing n visiting a friend of his there n I don't wanna b sweaty, anxious, can't sleep probs. I need to take some time n think this thru. I don't want to make a bunch of excuses. Obviously I came on here for help so seems asinine to do things my way!! Arg arg arg. Damn trip...sorry for rambling.

Quote Originally Posted by Crystalclear651 View Post
    Hi guys, thx for recommendations, don't think I'd b here without yas. Ok so today before I came on here I took my .50 dose. I feel dumb asking this but what would my 33% reductions b after 1-.25ish? I usually multiply whatever dose by .25 then subtract that number by my current dose but I'm not doin something right w/ my subtractions of 33%. The way someone else said to do 25% reductions were to multiply ur dose by .75 so for 33% reductions should I multiply by .83?
    So drops according to that would be:
    .25???
    According to this, If dropped every 4 days >> be jumping at day 25 (plz correct my math or whatnot lol if I'm wrong). >> have 6 or so days to feel better before leaving. Maybe it's not realistic to go on this trip right now. I c what ur saying about keeping busy during our holiday n that will keep my mind busy, I'm just worried I'll b not feeling great.

already dosed (which btw seems CRAZY taking such a small sliver for the entire day...really is crazy how strong this stuff is) so at this point I'm not sure what to do. I shouldn't let this trip rule my reductions...yes I came on here to taper properly but I feel pressure from da hubs to go to Japan n b able to go sight seeing n visiting a friend of his there n I don't wanna b sweaty, anxious, can't sleep probs. I need to take some time n think this thru. I don't want to make a bunch of excuses. Obviously I came on here for help so seems asinine to do things my way!! Arg arg arg. Damn trip...sorry for rambling.
    I'll just give you the correct math deductions. You do it the way you want, or the way Cheeky advises. I'll just try to help with the math ok.

So to get a 33% reduction, all you have to do is multiply your current dose by .67 not the .83 you were thinking. So for example a reduction from 1.25mg minus 33% would be a dose of .83mg. Or 1.25mg X .67 = .83mg.

To get a 33% reductiuon, multiply your current dose by .67. Hope this helps.

Karen
    Last edited by Strong Desire; 08-05-2012 at 01:43 PM.

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast