Like Tree5Likes
  • 4 Post By YeahBoyandDollFace
Robert, Need help with Sub induction please.
    YeahBoyandDollFace is offline New Member

Default Robert, Need help with Sub induction please.

Hi,
    My GF and I have been using about a G of H daily for the past year or more and Are ready to start Suboxone. We need to know how to be inducted properly to avoid the dreaded WD's. I have yet to start any sub but MY GF woke up with WD's and scored a 34 on the cows so she took about 2.5 mg of a sub strip, then 4 hours later took another 2.5 mg and still had wd's so we did a shout about 7pm Eastern standard time. its now after midnight and her wd's are returning. She didn't get high from the shot but lost the wd's. Did she perhaps not take enough sub to start off with? We have read that if inducted properly there will be no WD symptoms. Where do we go from here?
    any help will be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance.
    Yeahboy, and Doll Face.

Strong Desire is offline Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by YeahBoyandDollFace View Post
    Hi,
    My GF and I have been using about a G of H daily for the past year or more and Are ready to start Suboxone. We need to know how to be inducted properly to avoid the dreaded WD's. I have yet to start any sub but MY GF woke up with WD's and scored a 34 on the cows so she took about 2.5 mg of a sub strip, then 4 hours later took another 2.5 mg and still had wd's so we did a shout about 7pm Eastern standard time. its now after midnight and her wd's are returning. She didn't get high from the shot but lost the wd's. Did she perhaps not take enough sub to start off with? We have read that if inducted properly there will be no WD symptoms. Where do we go from here?
    any help will be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance.
    Yeahboy, and Doll Face.
    Hi Guys,

Welcome to the forum! Robert has had the day off today and may not be here for a little bit. But I was online right now and saw and read your post to him. Robert is helping me right now and the induction is the most IMPORTANT part of the entire process. It MUST be done correctly to be successful. And that is to take the lowest effective dose at the induction.

I will put the link to Robert's Induction and Taper plan at the end of this reply. Pay careful attention to the induction section. Read it real good and when Robert does reply to you it will give you a head start . Take care and you have definitely come to the right place. Good for you to want to get yourselves clean!

Hugs,
    Karen

Induction and Taper Plan
    http://www.drugs.com/forum/featured-...apy-50887.html <------click

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Desire View Post
    Hi Guys,

Welcome to the forum! Robert has had the day off today and may not be here for a little bit. But I was online right now and saw and read your post to him. Robert is helping me right now and the induction is the most IMPORTANT part of the entire process. It MUST be done correctly to be successful. And that is to take the lowest effective dose at the induction.

I will put the link to Robert's Induction and Taper plan at the end of this reply. Pay careful attention to the induction section. Read it real good and when Robert does reply to you it will give you a head start . Take care and you have definitely come to the right place. Good for you to want to get yourselves clean!

Hugs,
    Karen

Induction and Taper Plan
    http://www.drugs.com/forum/featured-...apy-50887.html <------click
    Thanks so much Karen, I have been reading your story and am inspired, congratulations! I pray that we have the same results as our relationship depends on it!

Thanks so much Karen, I have been reading your story and am inspired, congratulations! I pray that we have the same results as our relationship depends on it!
    Thank you so much for those comments. They mean so much to me. Just know that you can do this also. It just takes the mindset that NOTHING will stand in your way of becoming clean. NOTHING!

I was lucky enough that Robert took me on and has been with me ever since. Couldn't do this without him really. I only know that ALL he ever asks is that the person(s) that ask him for his help, just follow his directions to the letter. And I did just that. So please if and when he does get to you, just do exactly as he asks you to do. Without question.

And just also know that he is one very busy guy. People here are pulling him in all directions. I honestly don't know how he keeps up with all of us. I have often said that there must be 3 of him! So please remain as patient as you can and you will be taken care of. I am learning so much as I go and when I am off the subs I plan to remain on this forum and help this guy out with other sub-related experiences such as yourselves. I know that I could d it! And he really needs the help!

I hope you read the link I provided and learned from it. If you have you can see how important the induction really is. The MOST important part of the whole thing! I inducted at only 1.7mg! And I felt great the moment I took my first daily dose. So again, please remain patient. Today he goes to Church for a big part of the morning and early afternoon. But he will see your request and should reply to you himself. You can do this guys!

Big Hugs to You Both,
    Karen

Karen,
    We did infact read the link. IT seems every case is different huh? So we have to have this done on an individual bassis. Did you have strips or tabs? we have 8 8mg strips, hopefuly that will be enough fo both of us.

Karen,
    We did in fact read the link. IT seems every case is different huh? So we have to have this done on an individual bassis. Did you have strips or tabs? we have 8 8mg strips, hopefully that will be enough fo both of us.
    Hi Guys!

Hope you are both doing well today! I have the pills and they are 8mg's each. I was so blessed to go to my doctor one time and get enough to make this a one-doctor visit! He's not going to make his home payments from my business!

You're right....every case and every person is different. What works for one may not work for the other and vice versa. But there is a general protocol that is followed by the majority of us. Hopefully Robert will stop by and help you guys out. I would do it myself, but I am not clean yet (the subs) so I have no business advising anyone just yet.

But when this is all finished for me (getting clean) then I will remain here and do my best to help Robert with sub inductions and tapers. He told me he is counting on my help at a later point. And he really needs the help although he eventually gets to nearly everyone that requests his expertise! Don't know how he does it really!

Thanks for posting and please continue to do so. It helps to just get things out at times. Take care and the best to you both. I'll be here if I can help with anything. Blessings.

Big Hugs,
    Karen

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Karen,
    We did infact read the link. IT seems every case is different huh? So we have to have this done on an individual bassis. Did you have strips or tabs? we have 8 8mg strips, hopefuly that will be enough fo both of us.

Hey guys! ....... Been a busy weekend for me! I'll do anything I can to help you. Where are you at on the COWS worksheet score now? Do you have a good supply of subs? When was the last time you both used?

See that you have eight 8mg strips. That will not be enough for both of you I can promise you. God bless.
    Last edited by Robert_325; 06-24-2012 at 09:48 PM.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Hello to both of you and thank you so much for your information and concerns. This is Dollface and I was registering on the cows yesterday a 14 when I awoke around 9am. I waited until about 2pm and scored a 33 on the cows. At that time my last shot was at 11pm. I took 1/3 of a strip and a z (As I usually take 2mg a day.) I was able to rest the short restless few minute nap and I awoke again. Again at 5pm I dosed 1/3 of a strip and still didn't feel well. (I have done the short sub program sucessfully for 2 years but I was smoking at that point.) Now I don't know what the severities of this are going to be but I do see already it's a bit of a different story. I have also done this cold turkey and my family forced me to and I wasn't ready. It was my own choice at 20 years old. 16 y/o I started. Now I am just trying to break free of the demon again. I have read your worksheet, thank you, Karen, you are so kind to have given us your support and the link. How much suboxone do we need? It's been a g each a day for each of us. Thank you, Dollface

Hello to both of you and thank you so much for your information and concerns. This is Dollface and I was registering on the cows yesterday a 14 when I awoke around 9am. I waited until about 2pm and scored a 33 on the cows. At that time my last shot was at 11pm. I took 1/3 of a strip and a z (As I usually take 2mg a day.) I was able to rest the short restless few minute nap and I awoke again. Again at 5pm I dosed 1/3 of a strip and still didn't feel well. (I have done the short sub program sucessfully for 2 years but I was smoking at that point.) Now I don't know what the severities of this are going to be but I do see already it's a bit of a different story. I have also done this cold turkey and my family forced me to and I wasn't ready. It was my own choice at 20 years old. 16 y/o I started. Now I am just trying to break free of the demon again. I have read your worksheet, thank you, Karen, you are so kind to have given us your support and the link. How much suboxone do we need? It's been a g each a day for each of us. Thank you, Dollface

I won't blow smoke at you two. You honestly need AT LEAST 30 8mg doses minimum, possibly more. Need to see how you do as we observe your initial progress, but eight is NOT enough. Are you seeing a dr or buying on the street? Not judging, just want to be sure you have access to enough to pull this off. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Yeahboy here,
    I bought these off a girl and they are quite preicey, not sure when of if I can get them again. I was under the impression we could take 4 or so mg a day just to get through the WD's and just stop the subs and be done with it.

Yeahboy here,
    I bought these off a girl and they are quite preicey, not sure when of if I can get them again. I was under the impression we could take 4 or so mg a day just to get through the WD's and just stop the subs and be done with it.

You may be able to pull it off out of desparation but that isn't the way I do it. What you're trying to do usually ends up in a relapse. That's a fact. God bless.

so how about this idea,
    would you mind starting us out with what we have and we will look for more in the meantime? IDK what else to do other than go to the methadone clinic or go cold turkey. Neither of those options sound good to us.
    Yeahboy

so how about this idea,
    would you mind starting us out with what we have and we will look for more in the meantime? IDK what else to do other than go to the methadone clinic or go cold turkey. Neither of those options sound good to us.
    Yeahboy

If I start you out with doing the induction with 8 pills you need to have more in a week for two people. I never say NO to anyone that will do as I ask them. But I don't have time to get all invested in this to watch you crash and burn! Can you get more subs in a week? If so have you scored yourself this afternoon on the COWS worksheet? Where do you score on w/d symptoms?