Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree135Likes
Ready to feel normal.
    Gettin there is offline Member

Hugs back atcha scrd.

I have become pretty snappish. I am finding that hard to control. That is the hardest thing about this for me. I don't want to snap at people I care about. Poor hubby gets it the worst from me. I think he is tired of it. He says he knows it will get better. But he lets me know I have no right to snap at him. It's not really what I say but my tone. If I have to repeat myself it drives me crazy. Today's goal working on how to handle my emotions with out being snappish. No reason for the people around me to suffer. Well mostly my hubby.
    Lynnsland and scrd2dth like this.

This is my update for today. I woke up feeling normal with energy for the first time. I usually wake up tired and angry. I have felt normal with energy all day until now. I am dealing with some anxiety but I know this shall pass. Maybe flats is right when he says something changes near day forty. I am hopeful he is right. Today was nice.
    Lynnsland and scrd2dth like this.

Anonymous Guest

Hey gettinthere , we are all different but stay the course . At least for me day 40 to 50 was magic. I was doing pretty good even before that except the anxiety was unbearable . Then after 40 to 50 days it was gone . Got to remember all the damage you did using for so long. 5o days is really a miracle when you think about it . I hope your anxiety and any other issues subsides soon . This sounds so corny but its so true " don't take a pill and it can only get better. You have no choice but to keep on going forward . Re-read your post from day one . When your deep into using , your in a dark hole that gets deeper with each passing month. Then when you cant take it anymore you will want out and the dread of DAY ONE stats all over again . You have come too far and you cant go back . You worked too hard to give it up ever again.
    The Husband and scrd2dth like this.

Thanks flats!

scrd2dth is offline Member

Good morning, gettinthere...Happy Day 42...hard to believe...it's been quite a journey, so far!! Have a great day!!

Dear Anxiety,
    Please go away. That is all.

Good morning, my friend. Hope u have a better day. I've been struggling with the anxiety, too. It's been a month & a half for us...why do we feel this way? I'm finding with a clearer head, that I must have been hiding it when I was using...does that make any sense??? I am just feeling so overwhelmed with everything right now & find myself thinking about relapsing. I used to always turn to using when I was feeling this way. But that's not the answer, so I need to find a better way to deal with things. When u have it figured out, will u please let me know?? Till then, hang in there with me...{{hugs}}
    jekaRN likes this.

Good morning, my friend!! Happy Day 51. Hope ur anxiety is better & u gave a great day!! {{hugs}}
    melindau likes this.

Happy Thanksgiving & Happy Day 55!!! U definitely have something else to b thankful for this year!! Hope u had a wonderful day & r feeling better. My anxiety was getting better, but my back is flaring up so bad, it's just hard going thru the motions...hang in there, ur doing great...I'm so proud of u!!{{hugs}}

Day 56!!! Hope u & ur family had a wonderful Thanksgiving

Brauchtworst is offline Senior Member

Wow. I cannot believe it has already been 56 days!!! Congratulations!!! That's really amazing!!
    scrd2dth likes this.

I am still dealing with my emotions. It really hasn't gotten any better.

Scrd,
    Have fun on your trip.

Brauct,
    Thank you. Congrats to you also!

Theap1984 is offline Junior Member

Read your whole thread and was wondering how are you doing now? Any updates? Would love to know what happened next.

Hello gettinthere...my trip was fun. My back is killing me, but I enjoyed the time with my family. I feel bad that u r having problems with the emotional aspect. I don't have that now, although, I have my days, too. My biggest hurdle is the physical pain & my mind trailing off thinking I can handle the opiates "just one more time" to get thru the pain. I know I can't. That's when I need to come on here to help me focus on what we've accomplished. U r in my prayers, & hope u start feeling better soon. Take care...{{hugs}}...

brotherspharma is offline New Member

as always.........

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234