Re: Burning your nervers
    kathyharr is offline Junior Member

Default Re: Burning your nervers

Hi....my new doctor wants to burn my nerves in my lower back
    to stop pain (L5-S1)...has anyone had this proceduce done before??..
    if so, was there constant numbness...i have never heard of this proceduce before....i'm so ready to get on with my life, but am affaid their will be consequences...thanks in advance, kathy

mailman is offline New Member

quote:Originally posted by kathyharr

if so, was there constant numbness...i have never heard of this proceduce before....i'm so ready to get on with my life, but am affaid their will be consequences...thanks in advance, kathy

mailman is offline New Member

quote:Originally posted by mailman

quote:Originally posted by kathyharr

mpvt is offline Platinum Member

It's a nerve block and is usually successfull.Good luck...Dave

Finally my pain is under control!!!!!!!

i'm so glad some body replied to my message....thank you Dave.
    just wondering about the numbness that may be involved after the procedure....i'm having some anxiety about the whole thing.....i pray that it works out for me...but sence i have been reading things thats been posted, i'm affaid of the withdrawers from the drugs i have been on for years....i'm so glad that you are doing find....i'm schedule for the 18th of may....all prayer are welcome.......thank you!

my prayers are with you all, kathy

mpvt is offline Platinum Member

If you've been taking opiates for awhile then your best to work with your doctor on weening you off of them.Don't stop them cold turkey or you will go into withdrawl (ugly).....Dave

P.S. Good luck on the 18th your going to feel alot better....Dave

Finally my pain is under control!!!!!!!

Dave, I'm so sorry it took so long to get back with you...you
    are so right on the money about the opiates [xx(]...i know
    all of that (no disrespect)....it's not like i enjoy paying for things that i READY don't want to be on....i want you to understand "i don't abuse them...(i a meant i'm on them)....i
    just wish i could find a doctor that would walk me thur
    this and take care of me....i'm tired of the pain and hurt!!!
    ...Now this!!
    i do everything that they say, "I just can't get from under
    their care".....i found out today that he is not going to burn the nerve after all...i called for my records from my other pain management MD and they can't find them, the cycle goes ON & ON with these doctors...
    next month...i was really hoping to finally get on my feet again...don't feel bad for me...just want everything
    to go away NOW!!! Peace!

my prayers are with all of you.... kathy

kathydrumm is offline New Member

Smile Burning nerves

Hi, I had my first nerve burned on Dec 1, 2010. I was scared to death. When I woke up my left leg was a little numb but by the next day had No pain, I had had 5 back surgeries 20 years ago and had been in pain all 20 years. For the first time in 20 yrs I can do most anything I want to. It is the best thing I have ever done.I did go back in 3 months and had the right side done but it did not help. Most all my pain had always been on my left side so we decided we would only do the left every 6 months. It is wonderful to have my life back. I hope you will give it a try.
    I will keep you in my prayers

kathydrumm

jultwan is offline New Member

Default burning the nerves

I have had this done last year and it lasted about 7 months. I just had another one done yesterday and he will do the other side next month. There is no numbness. Just a little sore at the injection site. I am under sedation when they do mine because I move to much for the doctor. This is the best treatment for my discs L3, L4 and L5 that I have found to work. I have had several different injections. And, I do mean many but they only lasted a week or so. Please consider this.