quick question about >>>>>>
    lexi14311 is offline Junior Member

Default quick question about >>>>>>

i just have a ? for anyone who might know the answer.. i am curious as to what it means if u are getting a brick of >>>>>>. how much >>>>>> is that and what does that cost?? if anyone knows some info please..thanks

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by lexi14311 View Post
    i just have a ? for anyone who might know the answer.. i am curious as to what it means if u are getting a brick of >>>>>>. how much >>>>>> is that and what does that cost?? if anyone knows some info please..thanks

They are usually referring to a kilo brick, could be less as a brick is just a packaging description. But usually this would refer to a kilo. Costs are going to vary significantly depending on the % of purity and it also depends on where it's from, where you live, etc.

In Texas, Arizona, California where Mexican black tar is smuggled directly from Mexico it could be a little over $50,000 at or near the border. Transport it to another state and it jumps dramatically. Columbia imports a lot of >>>>>> as well and it's usually a little higher than the black tar at the border. If it's smuggled from the Far East or Middle East it will likely be quite a bit more expensive as it's been transported across the planet.

I would run as fast as I could from anyone who is talking to you about bricks or kilos of >>>>>>. You are talking honest to goodness gangster stuff here now. These people are packing automatic weapons I promise you. Are you okay???

Lost83 is offline Senior Member

Hey there, how are things going, this post concerns me....

Quote Originally Posted by Lost83 View Post
    Hey there, how are things going, this post concerns me....

That is the understatement of the year. Lexi is talking about some serious and scary stuff. Hope she is okay and will talk to us.

Default im fine

hi guys.. i am fine.. didnt mean to scare anyone.. i just saw a text in my boyfriends phone saying he going to get a brick but cant keep spending money like that.. he has no where near 50000 so they must just use that for 500 dollars.. how much is that if u spend five hundred? and we are going today to check out a rehab and talk to them so i hope everything works out..

So glad you guys are going to check out a rehab hopefully they have a bed and will take him immediately, good luck!

Default Lexi

He has no business even buying $500 worth of >>>>>> and talking about a rehab in the same breath. Lexi think about what you are saying. Don't tolerate this.

$500 doesn't represent any set specific amount. Don't know the quality/purity of what he is considering. It could be a half ounce, it could be much more. Depends on who he knows.

Don't tolerate this nonsense. When someone is buying that much they have a problem. Granted it isn't a kilo, but it's more than a normal retail amount spent for a consumer's stash. No way you should be involved in this.

I certainly hope you guys are successful at the rehab. For what it's worth if he is getting text messages like that right before going to check out a rehab he is not EVEN being serious about getting clean. God bless.
    Last edited by Robert_325; 10-20-2008 at 03:54 PM.

Default not sure

i am not sure how much it is... i have noooo idea.. im lost.. i dont know what all this term means and what they are talking about..but like u just said he cant be serious about rehab but >>>>>> addicts cant just stop using if ur an everyday user.. so dont they all usually use till they go into rehab robert?? i dont know iam asking cause i am not a drug addict..

Quote Originally Posted by lexi14311 View Post
    i am not sure how much it is... i have noooo idea.. im lost.. i dont know what all this term means and what they are talking about..but like u just said he cant be serious about rehab but >>>>>> addicts cant just stop using if ur an everyday user.. so dont they all usually use till they go into rehab robert?? i dont know iam asking cause i am not a drug addict..

Yes most of them do use right up until they go into rehab. That doesn't mean they have to buy a half ounce or an ounce though. That is ridiculous for someone wanting to get clean. He is blowing smoke so bad. This is nuts.

denman is offline New Member

Lexi,
    Perhaps I can help. I am a recovering addict. I was on it for 8 years, and I now have almost 7 years clean. Let me first say that H addiction is very hard to kick. Many times rehab doesnt work the first time around unless the person really wants to get clean. even then it is very hard. It took me 4 tries before i finally made the choice that enough is enough, and I haven't used in well over 6 years now. I don't know where you live, but if he is serious about getting help, there are many doctors and clinics that can offer various forms of help in getting clean and dealing with withdrawl.

That said, let me answer your first question. A "BRICK" of >>>>>> is 50 bags. A bundle is 10 bags. I am telling you this just to help clarify, so you can be sure what he is talking about. If you here these terms in the future u can know what he's saying. As for price, I dont know the going rate in your area. In general if you are in a city type or urban area, a single bag goes around $10, so a brick would be $500. again, i dont know what he pays though, it can go for as much as $20 a bag.

As a recovering addict, I can tell you that a brick, although it is 50 bags, is not as much as it sounds like for a heavy daily user. I was using 7 to 10 bags a day. To put that in perspective, that is a large habit. I was using for many years. It all depends on his usage. For me a brick would usually last no more than 5 or 6 days tops back then.

Now, that being said, if he is buying that large an amount, this is SERIOUS. Not only is it a federal offense, that could put him in jail for a long time, it is DANGEROUS. Having that much around only increases the risk of overdose. PLease talk to him about getting help. If he is buying that much it can mean only 1 of 2 things - he is a heavy user like i was, OR he is using and selling it as well. Either way , not good.

If I can help in anyway, please let me know. It is hard for non addicts to understand what addicts go thru, kind of like a woman trying to explain to a man what it feels like to be pregnant and give birth. I could never fully understand being a man, what a woman goes thru. I think u get the idea. As someone who has been there, I can tell you it is not easy. Most addicts get to a point where they use just to feel normal, and usually hate themselves for it, and hate their addiction. Yet, the process of getting clean is still hard, and the hold it has on you is hard to break free.

OK, well I guess i kinda rambled on here, but if I can help you in any way, feel free to ask. It's very sad to see others suffering from the same problems i went thru. Just remember to think of yourself as well. It is NOT selfish to distance yourself from someone who is that deep into drugs, as it can drag you down as well. I am not saying dont help, just saying if you truly care for him, and have tried everything to help, then sometimes tough love is the only choice. If I can help, please ask. all my best,

Den
    Last edited by ddcmod; 08-31-2013 at 04:35 PM.

Wink denman

thanks so much for ur answers... u are absolutely right people who are not drug addicts will never understand. i try to understand what he goes through and feels everyday but i dont think i ever will.. i dont get it i ask him this all the time.. maybe u can answer.. if addicts dont like the way there life is going and know there is help out there that change there life why dont they go get the proper help to straighten there life out ?? he tells me he wants help but he really isnt doing anything about it.. i dont understand why?? i am sooo hurt and upset to see him do this to him self.. i am such a caring person and i always try to help everyone. i never give up on people. thats why when people in the other posts said ohh get out while u can.. thats not me. i cant leave him just because of this.. i want to be by his side and help him through this but how can? how can i get him to get help? reading waht u wrote i am scared that he is using alot.. so if u use 20 bags a day is that really bad? i know he gets from trenton which is a bad city.. im from jrsey.. i just wish someone could talk to him to make him realize what he is doing to himself.. he already went to rehab twice and it didnt help.. if u have any other advice or info please let me know.. thanks denman

Hi Lexi,

I just read Denman's post, and it's almost to the tee what I am doing with my hubby. No matter what the outcome, just always remember, you can throw someone a lifejacket to save them from drowning, but you can't jump in and "save" someone who doesn't want to be saved or you will drown along with them.
    Stay focused on your school, make sure Lexi has what Lexi deserves in life. I have you in my thoughts and prayers and wish you a successful career and happy life! Stay strong!

Lost

Default den

thanks guys..i want to tell him about that thing u were talking about where they implant something in u.. where do u get that? we been dating six months not long.. i am 26.. he been using for a long time. prob since he was 18.. he stopped for a long time and just started up again maybe 3 months ago.. i told him today this has gotta stop. i told him he has a little less time.. its weird cause i tell him everything he is doing to his life. how he is destroying it and digging himself into a deeper hole.. he gets upset and tells me i am putting him down.. i dont get it. if he feels this way than stopppp! ya know. i dont know ill never understand cause i never did drugs. he also lost his best friend last year to an overdose. i think that would have made him never go back but u guess not. what do u suggest the best treatment is? i know he prob must be using at least 20 bags a day.. i think u said thats alot.. its sad cause he is such a good person and we used to have so much fun now its totally different. it sucks cause i know who he was and can be and i am just waiting for him to come back but honestly my patience is running out and he knows that. he said he is going to get help soon. when soon?? ya know! i guess u cant push an addict cause if they arent ready to stop they wont but i dont know if i will wait around to watch him destroy his life anymore.. if u have any other adive please feel free to tell me..
    thanks sooo much den

lex