Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By FrustratedAndTired
  • 1 Post By FrustratedAndTired
Questions about Kratom
    Quietstorm V1 is offline New Member

Default Questions about Kratom

Hello everybody my name is Jason...
    Im about to start the process of c/t opiates, I have been on opiates for about two years, no real medical reasons why. I just enjoyed them. Most of my usage was percs and Vics, every once in a while Oxycontin. I know that i will have withdraw, and i know it will be bad. I have read that kratom may help with the withdraw, any advice on kratom or what to expect from the withdraw would be great. I am going to do this C/t and i am not going to be able to take any time off work.

iloerose is offline Platinum Member

Hi Jason! Welcome to the board! The first best thing you did was post here. I know nothing about Kratom except to say that if it worked that well it would be all over this site as a way to do w/d from opiates. Many of us who have been on pills have gone c/t with the thomas recipe. Some have even done it going to work w/o the benzos (klonipin, valium, etc.). I'm posting the thomas recipe and some other things that others have said helped them. Post often. Let us know what's happening and we will be there to help!

Peace

IloeRose

Extra Stuff:
    Sleep:
    Melatonin, sleepy time tea, tylenol pm

Resltess Leg/Cramping:
    Excercise and hot shower before bed, even if it's just a walk down the block, helps with sleep as well.
    Hyland's Restful Leg (cramping forumula also) healthfood store/walmart
    Gatorade

Energy: Emergen-C

Anxiety: Valarian Root

STAY HYDRATED: Water, Gatorade, stay away from caffeine, energy drinks, sugar.

The Thomas Recipe - For Opiate Withdrawal

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I found this reading the board, but decided to post it again for those who haven't found it and for all us "newbies". Peace and good luck to all of those here stuggling with addicition.

"PLEASE NOTE: I am not a doctor, simply a long-time Rx opiate junkie who has had many opportunities to develop a way to detox. This is a recipe for at-home self-detox from opiates based on my experience as well as that of many other addicts. It is not intended as professional medical advice. It is always wise to make sure none of the recipe ingredients or procedures conflict with medications you may be taking. Likewise, if you have any medical condition, disease, allergy or any other health issue, consult your doctor before using the recipe. Thanks, Thomas

THOMAS RECIPE

If you can't take time off to detox, I recommend you follow a taper regimen using your drug of choice or suitable alternate -- the slower the taper, the better.

For the Recipe, You'll need:

1. Valium (or another benzodiazepine such as Klonopin, Librium, Ativan or Xanax). Of these, Valium and Klonopin are best suited for tapering since they come in tablet form. Librium is also an excellent detox benzo, but comes in capsules, making it hard to taper the dose. Ativan or Xanax should only be used if you can't get one of the others.

2. Imodium (over the counter, any drug or grocery store).

3. L-Tyrosine (500 mg caps) from the health food store.

4. Strong wide-spectrum mineral supplement with at least 100% RDA of Zinc, Phosphorus, Copper, Magnesium and Potassium (you may not find the potassium in the same supplement).

5. Vitamin B6 caps.

6. Access to hot baths or a Jacuzzi (or hot showers if that's all that's available).

How to use the recipe:

Start the vitamin/mineral supplement right away (or the first day you can keep it down), preferably with food. Potassium early in the detox is important to help relieve RLS (Restless Leg Syndrome). Bananas are a good source of potassium if you can't find a supplement for it.

Begin your detox with regular doses of Valium (or alternate benzo). Start with a dose high enough to produce sleep. Before you use any benzo, make sure you're aware of how often it can be safely taken. Different benzos have different dosing schedules. Taper your Valium dosage down after each day. The goal is to get through day 4, after which the worst WD symptoms will subside. You shouldn't need the Valium after day 4 or 5.

During detox, hit the hot bath or Jacuzzi as often as you need to for muscle aches. Don't underestimate the effectiveness of hot soaks. Spend the entire time, if necessary, in a hot bath. This simple method will alleviate what is for many the worst opiate WD symptom.

Use the Imodium aggressively to stop the runs. Take as much as you need, as often as you need it. Don't take it, however, if you don't need it.

At the end of the fourth day, you should be waking up from the Valium and experiencing the beginnings of the opiate WD malaise. Upon rising (empty stomach), take the L-Tyrosine. Try 2000 mgs, and scale up or down, depending on how you feel. You can take up to 4,000 mgs. Take the L-Tyrosine with B6 to help absorption. Wait about one hour before eating breakfast. The L-Tyrosine will give you a surge of physical and mental energy that will help counteract the malaise. You may continue to take it each morning for as long as it helps. If you find it gives you the "coffee jitters," consider lowering the dosage or discontinuing it altogether. Occasionally, L-Tyrosine can cause the runs. Unlike the runs from opiate WD, however, this effect of L-Tyrosine is mild and normally does not return after the first hour. Lowering the dosage may help.

Continue to take the vitamin/mineral supplement with breakfast.

As soon as you can force yourself to, get some mild exercise such as walking, cycling, swimming, etc. This will be hard at first, but will make you feel considerably better.

Thomas"

Also, check out this sight if you like, it was really informative for me - it has some great information on getting clean using primarily nutrition, suppplements, and exercise. It's written by a physician specialized in treating opiate withdrawal. It also talks about what abusing opiates does to our brain, which is scaring me into kicking this **** to the curb!

http://www.dpeg.org/treatment/methadone_withdrawal.htm

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Quietstorm V1 View Post
    Im about to start the process of c/t opiates, I have been on opiates for about two years, no real medical reasons why. I just enjoyed them. Most of my usage was percs and Vics, every once in a while Oxycontin. I know that i will have withdraw, and i know it will be bad. I have read that kratom may help with the withdraw, any advice on kratom or what to expect from the withdraw would be great. I am going to do this C/t and i am not going to be able to take any time off work.

For every good piece of info on Kratom I can pull up one against it. If it was the way to go everyone would do it.

Take the good advice you've received, go with the Thomas Recipe to the letter and tough it out four days or so and you'll start feeling better.

That's a pretty fair deal considering what all we've done to ourselves over time but still want the fast and easy way out. Do the Thomas Recipe and don't create additional problems for yourself using Kratom. That's all I'll say on it. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

indokratom is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_325 View Post
    For every good piece of info on Kratom I can pull up one against it.
    Why would you need to do that, isn't it clear to you that a lot of folks are having great benefits from this herb? Of course one should always take precaution with any medical treatment, but I hope you will not ignore the fact that thousands of chronic pain sufferers, social anxiety and depression patients, ex construction workers with bad backs, post polio patience etc etc and of course ex drug users are using this herb and with remarkable results.

samson smith is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Quietstorm V1 View Post
    Kratom is not a bad thing. It is medicinal leaf that is used for the treatment for depression and anxiety. It has also several useful results. It is used to diminish and eliminate drug craving, cut back physical and mental drug withdrawal. The most important, you can prepare Kratom tea that helps you to come out from pain and you feel much better.

victoria stiles is offline New Member

Although Kratom extracts seem like a controversial herb to many people, in reality it is not. To start off with, even though it is commonly thought of to be illegal the truth is that it is completely legal as long as it is taken in the proper dose. There are many benefits of using the extract which includes things like the energy boost that it brings about for chronically lethargic people. Other additional benefits include improving the immune system and lowering blood pressure. A little known advantage of taking Kratom is that it contains Epicatechin, which is a powerful antioxidant also found in dark chocolates and closely related to the elements found in green tea which contains its health promoting properties.

Legality of a substance has no basis on how or how much you use of it. It's either completely legal or requires a prescription. Outside of that I highly recommend the Thomas Recipe and to stay away from something that is not well known. I know the Thomas Recipe helped alot with my w/d from >>>>>>.
    Robert_325 likes this.
    Stay positive and love your life- 311

maximus99 is offline Senior Member

Default Kratom

Quote Originally Posted by FrustratedAndTired View Post
    Legality of a substance has no basis on how or how much you use of it. It's either completely legal or requires a prescription. Outside of that I highly recommend the Thomas Recipe and to stay away from something that is not well known. I know the Thomas Recipe helped alot with my w/d from >>>>>>.
    We actually have a few of these plants, and the leaves are beautiful. Its used in Malaysia and Thailand, and actually in some countries is illegal.

I know you can chew the leaves, steep it as a tea, or smoke it, and from my basic understanding of it--the effects you get very on dosage. Small doses are used for energy, used by workers in Asia who chew the leaves throughout the day for fatigue to promote energy.

Moderate doses are used for pain, while higher doses are used as a hallucinogen.

I tried chewing a few leaves directly from my plant, and it didn't do much, but I assume because of the Subutex.

My neighbor chewed some leaves and said it was similar to cannabis for him. He said it mild and mellowed him out.

They still do not even know the mechanism of this plant, and believe it doesn't hit the same receptors as opium, which its often compared too.

It works differently than opiates, but is highly addictive, just like opiates.

There are many Kratom addicts, and while the plant is legal in some places, I think its not good thing to use to get off opiates. Even though they say it's not an opiate, because its so addictive, it would be like taking one particular opiate to get off another.

Some people do this short term with good success, but in my opinion, I agree with Robert, and keeping it simple.

I have investigated many of the plants to help my own process, and in the end, I feel the body simply needs to be clean of all substances, natural, or man-made.

Good luck to you and god bless.

Maximus

"They still do not even know the mechanism of this plant, and believe it doesn't hit the same receptors as opium, which its often compared too."

For this reason alone not only would I not try it but I wouldn't even recommend it. Why try and replace a drug with another? (Especially an unknown one) going thru the w/d process is rough and feels never ending but in the end the Thomas Recipe (or slightly modified version to tailor to your specific situation) does work and actually going thru w/d has made it easier for me to say "hell no" when I get a craving. The short 4-5 days of physical w/d passes in a blink of an eye in the grand scheme of things and the happiness you feel is better than the high of the opiates.
    ComingHome likes this.
    Stay positive and love your life- 311

victoria stiles is offline New Member

Thanks for sharing the nice information maximus99.