Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Robert_325
  • 1 Post By alexnt
A question about how to take suboxone.
    slgalberth is offline Member

Default A question about how to take suboxone.

I know that you are supposed to put the pill under your tongue let it dissolve and not to swallow it and also not to talk or do anything that produces saliva. But it's impossible to not have any saliva so the saliva that does collect in the mouth should I swallow it or spit it out? My Dr said to spit it out which is what I have been doing but i feel like I am spitting out the medicine. Maybe thats why the suboxone isn't working so well for me. For others that take it or have do you swallow the saliva or spit it out? Thanks!

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Do not spit out the medication. I can't believe the dr told you to do that. Let it dissolve the best you can under the tongue but don't spit.

slgalberth is offline Member

Ok thank you. I try to let it disolve the best I can so ill just swallow any saliva I do get. I asked him again today just to make sure I didn't hear wrong the first time and he said once again to spit out the saliva according to him swallowing any saliva will make me nausous. So am I not getting all the medicine because I am spitting out the saliva?

musicman48 is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by slgalberth View Post
    Ok thank you. I try to let it disolve the best I can so ill just swallow any saliva I do get. I asked him again today just to make sure I didn't hear wrong the first time and he said once again to spit out the saliva according to him swallowing any saliva will make me nausous. So am I not getting all the medicine because I am spitting out the saliva?

I just finished suboxone therapy a few weeks ago...Do not spit it out...Drink a glass of water before you take the suboxone if you wish to help moisten your mouth...Put it under your tongue and do not spit.

Quote Originally Posted by slgalberth View Post

No because some of the medication will still be absorbed through veins in the mouth but if you spit it out it definitely never has a chance. It won't make you sick to swallow. I have never heard such nonsense. You aren't swallowing whole pills by swallowing. That is absurd.
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.

buddycairo is offline New Member

Sorry guys but suboxone is absorbed sublingually (under the tongue). It doesn't matter if u spit it out or swallow it. However, if it helps psychologically, by all means go right ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by buddycairo View Post
    Sorry guys but suboxone is absorbed sublingually (under the tongue). It doesn't matter if u spit it out or swallow it. However, if it helps psychologically, by all means go right ahead.

Yes it's absorbed sublingually but if you drink water to hydrate yourself before you take it then it WILL totally dissolve under the tongue. You DON'T spit it out or you will end up spitting out part of your medication.

I will continue to suggest just as I have been thank you. I've done this with probably thousands of people using subs.

By the way this thread is a year and a half old. No one on this thread is here anymore but me. The other two people followed my suggestions and are both totally clean today and have been for well over a year. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

rvhook11 is offline New Member

Default robert, hope you're still here

hi, i just googled on how i should take soboxone. robert, i saw that you gave some advice a while back and answered a question recently and hope you can help me with some questions i have.
    i've started using oxy approx. 8 months ago daily and have to stop now. i've got a little boy now and can't be doing illegal drugs like this. it's gotten out of control. i take orally and have never used a needle. however, i have a friend who was using a needle and managed to quit on his own through the help of some serious will power and soboxone. he quit shooting and started taking orally for about a week and a half until he got his dosage down to about 40 mg a day. then he gave it a couple of days until he started having wd's and then started on the soboxone. it seemed to work for him and was wondering if you think this is a good method. i'm trying to get to a low dosage of oxy so that i can quit completely and then have some wd's and then start soboxone.
    how long do i need to wait after my last dosage of oxy before i start the soboxone so that i don't end up with worse wd's? i really need a soboxone 101 class i guess. can you give me some advice on this? thanks so much.

hi, i just googled on how i should take soboxone. robert, i saw that you gave some advice a while back and answered a question recently and hope you can help me with some questions i have.
    i've started using oxy approx. 8 months ago daily and have to stop now. i've got a little boy now and can't be doing illegal drugs like this. it's gotten out of control. i take orally and have never used a needle. however, i have a friend who was using a needle and managed to quit on his own through the help of some serious will power and soboxone. he quit shooting and started taking orally for about a week and a half until he got his dosage down to about 40 mg a day. then he gave it a couple of days until he started having wd's and then started on the soboxone. it seemed to work for him and was wondering if you think this is a good method. i'm trying to get to a low dosage of oxy so that i can quit completely and then have some wd's and then start soboxone.
    how long do i need to wait after my last dosage of oxy before i start the soboxone so that i don't end up with worse wd's? i really need a soboxone 101 class i guess. can you give me some advice on this? thanks so much.

Quote Originally Posted by rvhook11 View Post

Hi rvhook ... reducing what you're taking during the induction dose first is not that significant if you use subs. I can refer you to a post I wrote about using suboxone that lots of people have gotten clean from at a wide assortment of degrees of dependency,. Check it out.

http://www.drugs.com/forum/featured-...apy-50887.html

Need to be sure you're doing what is best for you before you start. I always suggest a taper off first and then cold turkey. You can be done quickly. So do you take enough to make it really matter? If so then you want to go according to the COWS worksheet in the aforementioned link.

Give us a little more history with amounts if you wouldn't mind? God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

oh, thank you so much for responding. it's greatly appreciated. i read your post and checked out the COWS. i have never actually tried subs and i'm actually in the process of obtaining some while i get my oxy dosage down to a minimum. what do you mean by the quote "do you take enough to make it really matter?"? do you think that maybe i can get by by not using subs at all? that would be nice.
    anyway, as far a my usage goes, i started back in the summer just taking oxy every now and again recreationally and by october i was taking oxy daily. i started out taking a 40 a day and by january was up to 3 80's a day. today, i took 2 80's this morning as an attempt to reduce my dosage and was planning on only taking 1 tomorrow when i started to feel poorly. it's only a little after 4 pm today and i already don't feel that great but know i can def get through the day without anymore oxy. however, my legs are restless, my neck aches and i've got a small headache. i've been taking either a soma or xanax bar at night to sleep lately but i'm curious to know if that's something i need to stop also before attempting subs? again, maybe i don't need subs but am looking for advice. also, i've always sucked the coating off and chewed them up, but today i didn't do that with the two 80's i had this morning. the only time i haven't been doing oxy in the past 8 months, i was doing roxy and then that got just as out of control.

anyway, i hope this is enough info for you to make a few suggestions as I really appreciate your response. i try to talk to my wife about it but as she is not a user, it's just not the same communication and support that i really need. she's really great and as i mentioned before, i have a child now and really need to kick this ******** for the family life that i want and need.

also, what's the difference between replying and quick replying to messages on this site? i want to make sure you know i'm resoponding, so that's why i'm posting twice (both ways).

please post back. much love, ryan

Default posting again just in case

oh, thank you so much for responding. it's greatly appreciated. i read your post and checked out the COWS. i have never actually tried subs and i'm actually in the process of obtaining some while i get my oxy dosage down to a minimum. what do you mean by the quote "do you take enough to make it really matter?"? do you think that maybe i can get by by not using subs at all? that would be nice.
    anyway, as far a my usage goes, i started back in the summer just taking oxy every now and again recreationally and by october i was taking oxy daily. i started out taking a 40 a day and by january was up to 3 80's a day. today, i took 2 80's this morning as an attempt to reduce my dosage and was planning on only taking 1 tomorrow when i started to feel poorly. it's only a little after 4 pm today and i already don't feel that great but know i can def get through the day without anymore oxy. however, my legs are restless, my neck aches and i've got a small headache. i've been taking either a soma or xanax bar at night to sleep lately but i'm curious to know if that's something i need to stop also before attempting subs? again, maybe i don't need subs but am looking for advice. also, i've always sucked the coating off and chewed them up, but today i didn't do that with the two 80's i had this morning. the only time i haven't been doing oxy in the past 8 months, i was doing roxy and then that got just as out of control.

anyway, i hope this is enough info for you to make a few suggestions as I really appreciate your response. i try to talk to my wife about it but as she is not a user, it's just not the same communication and support that i really need. she's really great and as i mentioned before, i have a child now and really need to kick this ******** for the family life that i want and need.

also, what's the difference between replying and quick replying to messages on this site? i want to make sure you know i'm resoponding, so that's why i'm posting twice (both ways).

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_325 View Post
    Hi rvhook ... reducing what you're taking during the induction dose first is not that significant if you use subs. I can refer you to a post I wrote about using suboxone that lots of people have gotten clean from at a wide assortment of degrees of dependency,. Check it out.

http://www.drugs.com/forum/featured-...apy-50887.html

Need to be sure you're doing what is best for you before you start. I always suggest a taper off first and then cold turkey. You can be done quickly. So do you take enough to make it really matter? If so then you want to go according to the COWS worksheet in the aforementioned link.

Give us a little more history with amounts if you wouldn't mind? God bless.

Ryan ...... I would try using the Thomas Recipe to cold turkey after you get your dose down a little lower before I went with the subs. Subs are another drugs and if you can do it without the subs it's best. Subs aren't bad when used properly but I think, based on your usage, that the Thomas Recipe first would be worth a shot. Here's a link. God bless. : )

http://www.drugs.com/forum/featured-...html#post68110

hey, thanks a lot. i'll definitely give it a shot and see how it works. thanks again for the helpful advice.

go hard is offline New Member

Default we can do it

For all does that are fighting to save ur life I'm with u and we can do it subs are great and I'm here to talk and listen

go hard is offline New Member

I lost three friends to opiateits we all can do it I take one xan aday with the subuxone its ok just don't abuse it

JJbilj0738 is offline New Member

I started off taking Vic's for pain in my elbow and shoulder not prescribed but started off taking between 1-3 and day. That's quickly changed to 5 then 8 and at the end I was taking 10-15 norcos everyday and on weekends maybe sniff a couple 20 mg oxys as well. I didn't think I would withdrawal from what I was taking. I was sadly mistaken. I was taking it for about 5 months everyday. I went cold turkey went 36 hours then a friend told me it was very dangerous. So I started taking 15 mg of norcos a day but that was not nearly enough. I took suboxen 8 mg close to a whole one a day for 2 days and then I stopped and never felt better in my life pill free for 10 days. Then I went to court on an old DUI case and they gave me 5 months. So needless to say I relapsed that day and started using again. I'm back and forth between Vic's or percs and now I'm on subs again. I don't take full ones but today is my first day again. The subs >>>>ed up my receptors so bad that when I take Vic's after 3 days of not taking subs I feel like I instantly withdrawal. So I go to jail next Friday and I want to be completely detoxed. I take Xanax to help sleep at night. Maybe a 1/4 of a bar. Not a huge fan of Xanax but it helps. Any suggestions on how long I should take subs before I quit completely to be detox free by next Friday. Any info would be helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by rvhook11 View Post

helpmeplz1999 is offline New Member

[deleted - swearing]
    Last edited by ddcmod; 01-10-2014 at 05:51 AM.

alexnt is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by helpmeplz1999 View Post
    This is my first time.on sight but truly.need help ive been on loratabs and oxys any opiate you name.it for chrones for.going on 7 years I have kids and.I.genuinely want to.quit I have to buy the suboxene tho.im.going to.a.friemds.house.now.but I.dnt.know.how im.scared of.doing it wrong I.took.my.last tabs and oxy at noon this.afternoon ill be in full withdrawl by 8 am plz help.me.I need to know.what to.do.im scared to.death ive tried going 24 hours woth nothing and give.up im in ao.much pain and my.kods dnt need to.see.that so I go.medicate plz again robert anyone plz open to any info ty
    Welcome to the forums helpmeplz. If you go to message #10 in this thread that is from Robert and click on the link there it will show you about inducting on subs and how most people here wean themselves off subs after getting stable on subs. The link will also give you another link to the cows worksheet to use befor beginning subs. If you take subs to soon after your last opiate use it will put you into PWD which is something you do not want to go thru. This is a really old thread so you might want to start your own thread where more people will read it and be able to offer you advise. If you click on the prescription drug addiction section theres a suboxone forum here where you might want to start a thread there. Best wishes to you.

Alex
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.

Tals is offline New Member

How would I take the pink suboxone pill, swallow or let it dissolve under my tongue. I only have 2 of them will that get me through the withdraw stages?