Please help (mixing klonopin and suboxone)
    kingofcars is offline New Member

Default Please help (mixing klonopin and suboxone)

I have been taking one 8mg. of suboxone a day with .5mgs twice a day of klonopin. I dont abuse either or, I am prescribed the klonopin but have been getting the suboxone from a friend because of oxycotin abuse. I have a fear of death panic disorder and heard from a few people that mixing the both can be very dangerous. Please help me with some advise.. I had 2 1/2 years clean and just relapsed and im really looking to get off these suboxone.

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by kingofcars View Post
    I have been taking one 8mg. of suboxone a day with .5mgs twice a day of klonopin. I dont abuse either or, I am prescribed the klonopin but have been getting the suboxone from a friend because of oxycotin abuse. I have a fear of death panic disorder and heard from a few people that mixing the both can be very dangerous. Please help me with some advise.. I had 2 1/2 years clean and just relapsed and im really looking to get off these suboxone.

Mixing suboxone and benzos can cause a drug interaction resulting in respiratory depression. Luckily you aren't taking a HUGE dose of either medication but if it were me I would come clean with the dr.

Sure you're prescribed the klonopin but NOT the suboxone. It's too serious of a medication to take with klonopin if your dr isn't aware of it. Having a panic disorder is one thing, but taking medications that can cause respiratory depression without being RXd the meds from a dr is just NOT SMART. You know better than that and I don't even know you. Not judging you, just telling it the way it is.

If you want help getting off the suboxone I can work out a plan with you to accomplish that. But you need to address this other issue with the klonopin. I'm not going to be telling you how to take meds together that can harm you especially when I know nothing about your medical history. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.