Pharmacy Question
    jviz is offline New Member

Default Pharmacy Question

I have congenital spinal stenosis. Diagnosed over 2 years ago. Started out on Vicodin and moved to Percocet after a failed surgery.

I am falling about 2 days short of my perc refill. I was wondering if I can go to a pharmacy and claim no insurance so I don't get the hassle of the refilll being too soon. Basically I am wondering if the pharmacy will do a check and find out that I do have insurance.

The nature of this question sucks, but I need to ask. Thanks in advance.

musicman48 is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by jviz View Post
    I have congenital spinal stenosis. Diagnosed over 2 years ago. Started out on Vicodin and moved to Percocet after a failed surgery.

I am falling about 2 days short of my perc refill. I was wondering if I can go to a pharmacy and claim no insurance so I don't get the hassle of the refilll being too soon. Basically I am wondering if the pharmacy will do a check and find out that I do have insurance.

The nature of this question sucks, but I need to ask. Thanks in advance.
    I guess you already know this is not a good sign but I will spare you the lecture.If you do not have a habit of asking for your meds early you can call your DR and they can call the pharmacy and release your meds early.Most insurance companies allow you to get your script filled 2 days early depending on who you are insured with.This is also up to the discretion of the pharmacist.If you are only 2 days early you should be fine getting your refill now.

3BADDISKS is offline New Member

You can go to a pharmacy that you haven't yet been to and pay cash if you have the paper script. I have had to do this a few times either because I took to many or because I had some end up missing. My insurance actually lets me refill as early as 5 days depending on the drug. Sleeping meds like ambien are 2 days, but pain meds I have gotten at 5 days.