pharmacy gave me too many pills
    cassbowser is offline New Member

Question pharmacy gave me too many pills

I have had my pharmacy short me once on one of my medications but today the opposite happened and after picking up my provigil from the pharmacy, I decided to count them. There was 10 more pills then what there was supposed to be. I know the honest thing is to call and let them know about it but since they gave me such a hard time when they shorted me that I really kind of feel that I don't want to bother. Has this ever happened to anyone else and can any thing happen to me if I don't let them know? Thank you

leopard_print is offline Junior Member

I wouldn't bother, unless you feel like getting them back for giving you S*** when they shorted you. Pharmacies screw up all the time & will NEVER admit it. Enjoy your extra alertness!

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by cassbowser View Post
    I have had my pharmacy short me once on one of my medications but today the opposite happened and after picking up my provigil from the pharmacy, I decided to count them. There was 10 more pills then what there was supposed to be. I know the honest thing is to call and let them know about it but since they gave me such a hard time when they shorted me that I really kind of feel that I don't want to bother. Has this ever happened to anyone else and can any thing happen to me if I don't let them know? Thank you

You can return the extras if you want to. That would be the honest thing to do if that is important to you. Other than that the pharmacy or law enforcement is much more concerned about those people forging scripts for illegal drugs than the few extra pills you ended up with. Take care.

rnewton8 is offline Member

I had them short me ten suboxone when i first got on suboxone and that is a narcotic that you cant run out of. They gave me a hell of time and ended up messing up and refilling the whole prescription for me instead of giving me what they shorted me. Did i say anything. Hell No.

Solonne is offline Member

A lot of pharmacys use automated machines such as pill counters, Scriptpro's, etc., to dispense meds. While the more elaborate machines like a scriptpro are fairly accurate, they will occassionaly dispense more (or less) than what is intended. Pill counters are notoriously bad. Any time a machine dispenses or counts the meds, it should be double checked with extra care. Since it was exactly 10 pills over, however, it sounds like someone hand counted & lost count and the Rx was not checked twice as it should be.

Thanks very much for answering my question. It was greatly appresiated.

Red face Thank you

Tthanks for responding to my question. It was greatly appreciated. I decided not to say anything and so far everything is fine.