pharmacy cut my script in half >>>Can they do this?
    matt152 is offline New Member

Default pharmacy cut my script in half >>>Can they do this?

've got such a bad cough that im coughing up blood and having trouble sleeping. The doctor gives me a prescription for hydrocodone cough syrup and antibiotics. When I go to pay for my meds the pharmacist says that she only filled half of my cough syrup because " it would have been so expensive" and that " this should be all you need anyway"She already had it bagged up and didn't tell me until after she told me the cost She didn't bother to ask me about this before hand. I didn't want act like the drug seeker that she already assumed I was so I just paid and left.I felt like everyone in there was looking at me when the pharmacist informed me she only filled half because of how much it would have cost me.
    A couple of days later I found out that I have to go out of town to work for the next couple of weeks. Can they refuse to fill my refill because I shouldn't be out of what they already gave me even though the 1 refill on the side of the bottle is really the second half of my original prescription?
    The only thing I have is rhe bottle with 1 refill labeled on the side. The pharmacist didn't give me any thing on paper back. Can i take the bottle in to any pharmacist and get a refill if all I have is the bottle and Im out of state. Could I get the prescription transfered ?Im in Alabama and will be in Florida for two weeks to a month and a half.
    I'm afraid that when I go back they are going to refuse to give me the other half because the first half isn't out yet.

Im leaving to go out of town tomorrow and I might be gone for up to a month and a half so I'm defiantly going in the morning.

Anonymous Guest

Quote Originally Posted by matt152 View Post
    've got such a bad cough that im coughing up blood and having trouble sleeping. The doctor gives me a prescription for hydrocodone cough syrup and antibiotics. When I go to pay for my meds the pharmacist says that she only filled half of my cough syrup because " it would have been so expensive" and that " this should be all you need anyway"She already had it bagged up and didn't tell me until after she told me the cost She didn't bother to ask me about this before hand. I didn't want act like the drug seeker that she already assumed I was so I just paid and left.I felt like everyone in there was looking at me when the pharmacist informed me she only filled half because of how much it would have cost me.
    A couple of days later I found out that I have to go out of town to work for the next couple of weeks. Can they refuse to fill my refill because I shouldn't be out of what they already gave me even though the 1 refill on the side of the bottle is really the second half of my original prescription?
    The only thing I have is rhe bottle with 1 refill labeled on the side. The pharmacist didn't give me any thing on paper back. Can i take the bottle in to any pharmacist and get a refill if all I have is the bottle and Im out of state. Could I get the prescription transfered ?Im in Alabama and will be in Florida for two weeks to a month and a half.
    I'm afraid that when I go back they are going to refuse to give me the other half because the first half isn't out yet.

Im leaving to go out of town tomorrow and I might be gone for up to a month and a half so I'm defiantly going in the morning.
    Hi Matt
    That is the biggest load of cr@p I ever heard,,,I would be on the phone with my doctor telling them what they did first then I would go back to the pharmacy and call them on it,,,someone at the pharmacy just wanted your other half of your cough med...
    you gotta watch them guys...
    Good luck and let us know how it goes, Melinda

Quote Originally Posted by melinda7.5 View Post
    Hi Matt
    That is the biggest load of cr@p I ever heard,,,I would be on the phone with my doctor telling them what they did first then I would go back to the pharmacy and call them on it,,,someone at the pharmacy just wanted your other half of your cough med...
    you gotta watch them guys...
    Good luck and let us know how it goes, Melinda
    I 2nd this my pharmacy has a bunch of higghschool kids working under the pharmacist
    I dont trust most of them

sue13 is offline Member

Default Matt

If what you say is true (and I am not implying that it isn't) it is a load of cr@p as Melinda says; but I would also add that I used every trick in the book to get (several pharmacies and two Drs. to presrcibe (and fill) presrciptions for me.

After a while I think they have heard it all: "I lost them. I am going on a trip. I live in two places and left them there. My purse was stolen"...ad infinitum. But with computer regulation they eventually caught up with me. I don't blame pharmacists for being wary...

Sue

Anonymous Guest

Default Hi Sue, Robert and all....

Quote Originally Posted by Sue13 View Post
    If what you say is true (and I am not implying that it isn't) it is a load of cr@p as Melinda says; but I would also add that I used every trick in the book to get (several pharmacies and two Drs. to presrcibe (and fill) presrciptions for me.

After a while I think they have heard it all: "I lost them. I am going on a trip. I live in two places and left them there. My purse was stolen"...ad infinitum. But with computer regulation they eventually caught up with me. I don't blame pharmacists for being wary...

Sue
    Hi Sue....
    just read your words and boy was that a sheepish flashback for me....for some reason i've always thought i was the only one who ever did those EXACT things you described....everyone of them, including the old purse was stolen during the busy holiday shopping season (sounds plausible enough) and the old living in 2 places, lost it, teenage babysitter stole it, going on a trip and many other concocted stories....here i am sitting alone w/ only my dog to see me and i am feeling so embarrassed w/ myself, yet no one can even see me or even knows about all this...other than all of you reading this...LOL....and wondering when or IF all of this "shame" ever goes away, or do we just learn to live w/ it?...either way, it is cathartic to be reminded of one's past actions, as a vehicle to always remember what we never want to go back too...for me, this awareness harkens back to roberts words to me about all of this truly being a "life or death struggle" (thank you robert)....it's that important for me....weeks back, as many of you pointed out to me, my emotions and mind were playing tricks on me....almost trying to talk me back into those old behaviors...i guess cuz that's the only way i knew how to live....and while in the moment of all those erratic emotions, i realized i really did need someone to help me "Snap out of it" ( a favorite quote from the movie Moonstruck...LOL...)...sometimes, even when we don't know it ourselves, we need another person's firm and steadfast conviction, to help us see the truth, for what it really is....and for what it's worth, there have been many times that roberts words have brought tears to my eyes and have comforted and soothed my soul....so he actually does wear "kid gloves" when needed!...a little inside joke.....just wanted to send out that nod your way, Robert...i find myself thinking about so many different things you have said to me and i appreciate it so much.... i hope you know this..

Matt...i agree w/ what everyone said about this being Cr** and that you should contact your dr and pharmacy....so not judgement on this from me....just reflecting on what i had succumbed too and how it got me in the mess i am in today....fighting for a good and decent life once again...
    peace, lilly

Cats Meow is offline Banned

How much did half the bottle cost you Matt? That's the dumbest line I've heard from a pharm in a long time!

ElricThornwood is offline New Member

Default Subutex - Suboxone

The good and the bad news: I called Walgreen's and told them my story, they said I could get my prescription transferred to them and get the rest filled whenever, but I have to wait up to 2 days for them to order it and get it in since it's late and out of stock... so I'm just screwed no matter what.
    But, since the town I'll be in has a Walgreen's and no Kroger, I'm going to go ahead and get it transferred since I have to wait either way... it'll save me a trip all the way back home, and Kroger's will be stuck with an unfilled order of a high dollar medication for awhile I hope. That's the last time I go through them.
    Does anyone know if you can use the free drug card ( freedrugcard.us ) on Subutex or Suboxone at Walgreen's?? I tried to use it at Kroger but it made it go way up since they had already price matched it. Thanks!