percocet vs oxycontin
    letstalk13 is offline New Member

Post percocet vs oxycontin

ok so i have done alot of reading about percocet and oxycontin and if i understand correcty, they both are oxycodone but percocet has tylenol in it and oxycontin is time relaeased right? my question is this, if they test for percocet on a UA and not for oxycontin, will they both show up? i keep getting told that they are two different tests and in fact i noticed when i did my ua that is is $5 extra to test for oxycontin, ARE THEY THE SAME OR NOT, IS THERE TWO SEPERATE TESTS FOR THEM? i have gotten so many different answers that i dont know.

please help me get the correct answer.

thanks
    leststalk13

Junkie781 is offline Member

both drugs contain oxycodone which is what they test for. Not sure why it costs more to test for O/C use, but well, there you go.

KnightMetal is offline New Member

Both drugs have the active ingredient Oxycodone. If they test for percocet, they will find oxycontin, and the other way around also. I really dont see how they would be able to tell which one was being taken, unless they check for tylenol as well in the tests. But that would allow for some false-positive results since all a person taking OC would have to do would be to take some tylenol.

letstalk13 is offline New Member

that is what i figured as well, my only argument is that i have been test twice randomly and came up negative for either and i had takin oxycontin that same day on both occations. i notice on the sheet that i fill out (like i said in the earlier msg) that it is an extra $5 to test for the contin which they dont do. did i just get lucky the first two times? im confused. please let me know your opinions.

thanks
    letstalk13

KnightMetal is offline New Member

Smile

I would say you got lucky.