Paxil and Percocet
    tj1182 is offline New Member

Default Paxil and Percocet

My doctor prescribed Paxil for my panic attacks and I've been taking Percocet for my cluster headaches for the past year. I'm scared to take the Paxil, I don't want to have any adverse reactions, I've seen that there aren't any interactions but still I want to be cautious. Is anyone taking this combination?

Thanks.

Painful_Fate is offline Member

Post ...

Well...I was on a similiar combination...Paxil and Vicodin...and I never had any adverse reactions or problems. I'm only one person though. Body chemistry differs from person to person so I wouldn't judge your situation simply because I was unaffected by the combination.

The only possible problem that the two COULD cause is the potential for seizures. Those two, chemically, work on different parts of the brain. One attaches itself to mu opiod receptors in the brain (Oxycodone) and the other helps stablize Serotonin levels sent and received between brain cells (Paroxetine). *NOTE: actual affects of Paxil within the brain is only a belief. Action is not widely known or understood as of yet.*

I think you should be okay. The doctor prescribed both of them for you. I'd HOPE he knows of possible drug interactions and weighed the risks against the benefits before prescribing them in combination.

=)

tj1182 is offline New Member

Thanks for your the info. I'll give it a try tomorrow, another question, Is there a certain time period in which I should take the Paxil and Perco. for Example: should I take the Paxil and then wait a few hours to take a Perco. or I could it right away?

mpvt is offline Platinum Member

If your at all nervous about taking the two then wait a couple hours before taking the percocet.There shouldn't be any problem at all taking the two.Look up Paxil on google and check out the side common effects and that should help your nerves.There's nothing wrong at all with being cautious, it's actually the smart way to be in my opinion.Good luck and let us know how you make out.....Dave