Paxil and no sex drive
    GhostlyFour is offline New Member

Question Paxil and no sex drive

I have been on Paxil for years and have absolutely no sex drive. Can someone please let me know if they had the same problem and if they switched medications what they switched to? Did the sex drive come back?

Thanks

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by GhostlyFour View Post
    I have been on Paxil for years and have absolutely no sex drive. Can someone please let me know if they had the same problem and if they switched medications what they switched to? Did the sex drive come back?

Thanks

You should speak with your dr about this but lots of drs are starting to RX wellbutrin along with the patient's regular medications for the problem you describe. It seems to take a few weeks to notice the change but this is proving to be an effective treatment for a very common problem. Hope it helps. You can even do a google search on this problem and my suggestion will come up. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

GhostlyFour is offline New Member

Wink Thank You!

Thanks! I will definitely give my Doctor a call to see what he thinks about adding the Wellbutrin. I appreciate the feedback.

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by GhostlyFour View Post
    Thanks! I will definitely give my Doctor a call to see what he thinks about adding the Wellbutrin. I appreciate the feedback.

Just wanted to encourage you about using the wellbutrin. Also wanted to suggest that if your dr questions the validity of what I've told you there is plenty of back up information available for you to show the dr.

This is definitely an "off label" use for the wellbutrin and lots of people, drs included, are not aware of this benefit. So don't be discouraged if the dr questions this, just be prepared to do your homework and get the information he needs to see to warrant giving you the additional meds. I can help you get the information you require if it comes to that with the dr. Let me know if you need some help.

I am NOT an advocate of using antidepressants in most cases. Some people definitely need them, they save some people's lives, but I think they are terribly over-prescribed. But four years is a long time, not knowing your age I can only imagine what this is doing to you. The results for this have been very promising, they just haven't been widely discussed. I have no idea why not except that using wellbutrin for this purpose has not received an FDA approval "for that problem." If I had gone four years like you describe I wouldn't care who had approved it if it worked. I'm available if I can be of help. Good luck and God bless.
    Last edited by Robert_325; 02-16-2009 at 01:25 PM.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

ilovejesus is offline New Member

robert I am posted on this site and take very little valium. Severalpeople have recommended paxil or inderal.What is your opinion on this subject? Please email me at titansmvc@bellsouth.net or find me here as ilovejesus thank you and God bless^^^

blackrainbow is offline Junior Member

Arrow

Not sure if there is a topic here but, what about the lack of sex drive while on pain killers? what about when you get off? kind of a embarrassing topic but man, i will say that while I had been on percs for a long while I had little to no sex drive, and now being opiate free I noticed its worse . I mean I feel like I have zero sex drive now. Not that I can complain but everything is sensitive from whacking my foot on something to even considering the thought of intimacy?...
    "Don't count the Days, Make the Days Count."