From Paxil to Effexor
    Alessvitale is offline New Member

Default From Paxil to Effexor

hello,
    this is my first time here. I am currently on Paxil and I have been on it since August of last year. I have gained 30lbs. in three months and I have been having terrible constipation problems.
    My doctor said that it's the paxil that is doing all this. She is tapering me off of it and starting me on Effexor simultaneously. I have done lots of research and I have found nothing about Effexor having the weight gain side effect. In fact, the side effect that is indicated the most os a loss of apetite. I would like to know if any of you out there who take effexor have gained weight as a result of it. Also, how do you feel on Effexor. Has it helped?
    Thank you so much for reading. I look forward to losing the aweful Paxil weight gain, and I really hope that Effexor doesn't do the same.
    I would like to know if this has happened to anyone else and how you dealt with it.
    Thanks so much for reading.

Sincerely,
    Alessandra

Bancell is offline New Member

I have been taking effexor for two years now and have not had any weight gain. It has helped me tremendously. It took about two months for it to kick in and then I felt like I was on some sort of "high" for two weeks with tons of energy. That went away and I now enjoy a happy, full, and normal life.

kg7866 is offline New Member

please be careful~ I was on effexor for 6 months and when I stopped cold turkey I got the worse w/d ever. The doctor put me on prozac to wean me off. The reason this worked is because it has a shorter halflife. This means when you come off of it it takes shorter time to withdrawel I beleive. There is a website about effexor hell and i have heard of people going thru withdrawls for over 3 weeks without any help. I will pray for you!!!