PAIN WON'T GO AWAY
    wolftrades is offline New Member

Default PAIN WON'T GO AWAY

I'm really having a bad time. My back pain will not go away even with my meds (MS CONTIN 100mg BID, Roxicodone 30mg TID). I have 4 levels of herniation, multi-levels of thecal sac impingement, spinal stenosis and sclerosis. Pain was always on left side, now I'm feeling it in on the right side.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Alan

zippysgoddess is offline Platinum Member

Have you talked to your doctor about trying something such as Oxycontin (this is a 12hour release) and/or Methadone?

I have severe spinal problems as well, and nothing else worked, except the Oxycontin, with Oxycodone for breakthrough pain.

My information is not guaranteed correct. I do not get them right all the time, but I do enjoy the hunt~

mpvt is offline Platinum Member

You should be tid on your ms contin and for break thru pain you should be on statex (morphine) as needed.Bid of ms contin is to low a dose for a chronic pain patient.....Dave

Ron714 is offline Junior Member

quote:Originally posted by mpvtOk I think I no where to go no , I have sever radiculapathy , spinal stenonis impinchment on my spinal cord and waiting for surgery on tthe 6 th of febuary , Now the doctors say , i need to be off pain killers before this surgery atleat 10 days before, i take and it works 10 mg of oxycontin 3 times a day and also a drug called oxy IR for break thru pain , and i never felt this good in 6 years , so I DEFINITLY RECOMEND THIS , I was taking just the oxycontin 10 milligrams and 4 vicodon a day of the 7.5 and I was still in Pain , that was not working for me , BUT My question is why do they want me off all pain meds before i go in , i have multiple disc herniations thruout the cervical and lumbar spine that are crushing my spinal cord , I now have no Pain , but alot of numbness, I HAVE LIKE 3 mONTHS TO BE OFF or i could ween off until the 10th day prior to the surgery, Today i cut back 3 pills, I was taking 8 pills a day for PAIN[V], THEN 7 Pills a day will try to maintain 5 Pills a day until a month before then start to really come down to 0 pills , get the surgery and see where they put me from there, but as i mentioned earlier , i agree with the oxycontin 10 mg and oxy IR for break thru, give it a shot.
    GOOD lUCK

You should be tid on your ms contin and for break thru pain you should be on statex (morphine) as needed.Bid of ms contin is to low a dose for a chronic pain patient.....Dave

adc1221 is offline New Member

quote:Originally posted by wolftrades

I'm really having a bad time. My back pain will not go away even with my meds (MS CONTIN 100mg BID, Roxicodone 30mg TID). I have 4 levels of herniation, multi-levels of thecal sac impingement, spinal stenosis and sclerosis. Pain was always on left side, now I'm feeling it in on the right side.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Alan
    PLEASE EMAIL ME BEFORE U MAKE A DECSION. I WOULD LOVE TO TALK TO U FIRST BECAUSE I HAVE BEEN THERE.

wolftrades is offline New Member

Thanks for the replies.

My Doc won't prescribe OxyContin. Yet, he does give me the 30 mg Oxycodone for BT. That leads me to believe that he has a fear of Rxing OxyContin because of the press.

I also tried the Fentanyl patch-ended up using 100 mcg patch, but did not get much relief.

At one point, I was taking MS Contin 60 mg TID, but when I told him I felt like I needed a hike in base med, he changed it to 100 mg BID.

Alan