pain killers for surgery not working
    audkitch is offline New Member

Default pain killers for surgery not working

just looking for info. anyone have problems with opiate pain killers not working well after surgery? i dont respone to opiate drugs. had surgery last week and still can't shake the pain. it horriable. it took 10 hours and lots of med to even touch the pain. then i couldn't pee. i want to know what to look into for any time in the furture. i wi;; probley have to have surgery again thanks for any help

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by audkitch View Post
    just looking for info. anyone have problems with opiate pain killers not working well after surgery? i dont respone to opiate drugs. had surgery last week and still can't shake the pain. it horriable. it took 10 hours and lots of med to even touch the pain. then i couldn't pee. i want to know what to look into for any time in the furture. i wi;; probley have to have surgery again thanks for any help

I don't know what info you are looking for exactly. You haven't given specific enough information to know what to tell you. Don't know what your drug using experience is, what you were operated on for, what they gave you, etc. No way to say what the cause of your inability to urinate would be based on what you have shared. We are not drs but can usually help some if we get enough information. God bless.

audkitch is offline New Member

Default thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_325 View Post
    I don't know what info you are looking for exactly. You haven't given specific enough information to know what to tell you. Don't know what your drug using experience is, what you were operated on for, what they gave you, etc. No way to say what the cause of your inability to urinate would be based on what you have shared. We are not drs but can usually help some if we get enough information. God bless.
    had minor surgery on thumb. the first time i had surgery it took them 12 hours to manage my pain. this time it took 10. a dr friend said maybe my opaite receptors are screed up. i am not a drug used or i don't even drink much. i'm 20 and a college student. i have astma, allergys, and am on 20 mils of prozac for anzitiy disorder. and if you can't tell by my spelling am deslexic. but i'm a good student. i called the dr back and got some toradal. which seems to work better. i'm just looking for some info so when i have to face this again i'll know what to do. oh yeah they gave me oxycoden, morphine and a drip before the finally did a local on my thumb. enough to put down a horse. i'm 110 pounds i just don't understand it help if pos thanks