Pain Killer Addiction....Help
    girlie girl is offline Member

Default Pain Killer Addiction....Help

I'm new here and I just wanted to talk to some else who has dealt with a pain killer addiction. I have been on loratab and just about any other pain killers I can get my hands on. None of my friends or family know how bad my addiction is. Please someone tell what is the best way to quit. I have a little girl and I want to be a good mommy. I have partied with just about every drug there is besides herion and crack. Now I have been thinking about trying oxy coton. Because I have heard it is really good. I have grown up with alot of family abuse and I started working in strip clubs as soon as I turned 18. I have a real job now and don't party with any of my old friends. But I cant seem to let go of the need for some type of drug to keep me happy. I almost died on a coke o.d. on my 21st b-day so I don't mess with that anymore. But I love downers..loratab,xanax,alchol,pot, etc. I have even thought about trying herion. Please if anyone has the same kind of addiction, how do I stay drug free? Or am I just bound to be a drugie for life??[:X]

mpvt is offline Platinum Member

You should try suboxone (buprenorphene).It will take away your withdrawls and cravings allowing you to get your life back in order.Once you feel well enough you wean off the suboxone with little or no problems.I strongly recommend you try this.....suboxone.com........Good luck..Dave

iknowit is offline Junior Member

-girly girl

reading what you wrote, almost had me thinking i wrote it.
    exept the pot part. i have a little girl to and i'm trying to get better. i've been taking vicodin and any other painkiller for the past 5 years, exept >>>>>>.

i'm taking suboxen now and i'm working out taking better care of my daughter and feeling normal, also guilt free!

about you wanting to try herion and oxy's? well you need to decide if you want to get clean for you and your daughter, or if your done expeirementing?
    but i got to tell you if you feel like ****, and you want to change your life suboxen fu**en works! its a miricle drug and it won't hurt to try! this ain't no after school speical or some sales rep making a profit this is real life biting you in the butt.
    addiction is a disease and this could be part of the cure.

pam

PoppyQueen is offline Member

Girly Girl, you said you want to be a good mommy for your kid. You won't be a good mommy on Oxy's or >>>>>>. That's some wrong thinking. I'm in my 50's and I started on pain killers in my teens. Back then there were no Oxy's and >>>>>> was only injectable--yuk! Do yourself a favor and just move on with your life in a forward direction--those drugs will take you backwards. Those drugs might give you a nice buzz for a while but the pain it'll cause down the road is NOT WORTH IT! Can you just picture yourself being so zoned out on dope that when your daughter needs you, you'll just be too stupified to help her? And when she asks "Mommy, what's wrong?" what will you tell her?

I was always intrigued with shooting >>>>>>, but knowing myself, I think I would like it too much--I can't kid myself. Some thresholds in your life should not be crossed. A desire to use either of these two drugs is not a place you should go; I think you will not have control over it. Please at least listen to the wisdom of my years! Those drugs will not give you a better life and chances are if you use, your daughter may grow up to use also.

Hard facts to face, but there they are.

Good luck in making the right decision.

PQ

wolftrades is offline New Member

DON'T DO IT. I am a chronic pain patient and it is people like you that make it difficult for me to get the pain relief I need just to function as a human being.

I have 4 herniated discs, spinal stenosis, sclerosis and major impingement of the thecal sac. Even though I can get around, I am in constant pain. Yes, I am lucky enough to be taking meds that bring down the pain level. But unlike you, I am not chasing some high. I get pain relief.

Start having some compassion for your fellow human. Stop your worthless existance. What kind of parent are you? What kind of person are you?

Alan

nutballgirl is offline Member

listen ALAN or wolfman or whoever you are--you've crossed the line now. if you don't have an addiction or are trying to help someone with one, get off the f'ing boards. you are an angry, bitter individual and no one is going to be helped by the venom you spit out. there IS such a thing as tough love and then there is HATE and that is what you are spewing. there. you've brought out the sicilian in me. GO AWAY.

OK NOW, girlie girl, try going to a meeting. definitely check out the suboxone thing. it seems to have worked miracles for so many people. but please try a 12-step meeting b/c being able to meet and talk with others who have that same "something" inside of them that makes them ingest drugs/alchol, etc. to feel remotely normal or good is what will help you emotionally and spiritually. don't kid yourself, in some ways, your daughter already picks up on lots of things and if you continue she'll put it all together when she finds the info and words to articulate it. not to mention the danger she is in if you are high when you're caring for her. anything could happen and you run a very real risk of losing her. so let that be your motivation to get serious about getting help and going to any lengths to get it. keep writing on the boards here and ignore the assholes. you are a worthwhile human being and owe it to yourself and your little angel to be the best mom and person you can be. you lead by EXAMPLE. it's o.k. as a parent to have weaknesses, that's human, but show her how to overcome them and you will teach her how to be strong. Best to you.
    Susan

"to laugh often and much, to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children, to earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends, to appreciate beauty, to find the best in others, to leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch...to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded!" -Emerson

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE THANT HAS WROTE BACK. ALAN, YOU REALLY DON'T KNOW SH** ABOUT ME OR WHERE I'M COMING FROM. I DO DEAL WITH PAIN ALL THE TIME. I HAVE SEVERE CROHN'S DESIESE BUT I ALSO HAVE AN ADDICTION PROBLEM BECAUSE I HAVE USED DRUGS TO DEAL WITH ALOT OF ABUSE I HAVE BEEN THROUGH . SO UNLESS WORKIED IN THE NASTY ADULT BUSINESS PLEASE DON'T TRY AND PREACH TO ME.I JUST WANTED TO TALK TO OTHER PEOPLE WITH ADDICTIONS AND FIND OUT HOW THEY OVERCOME THEM. MY PROBLEM IS I CRAVE THE DRUGS EVEN WHEN I'M NOT IN PAIN. BUT I GAVE MY PILL BOTTLE TO MY HUSBAND LAST NIGHT TO HOLD AND ONLY GIVE TO ME WHEN I'M REALLY IN NEED. I TEND TO JUST EAT PILLS LIKE CANDY... AT THE SLIGHTEST HEADACHE OR IF I'M STRESSED OUT. I WOULD ALSO LIKE ALAN, TO KNOW THAT I AM A GOOD MOTHER, I DO EVERYTHING I CAN FOR MY BABY DOLL AND THATS WHY I'M ON HERE. I GREW UP WATCHING MY MOTHER ALWAYS HAVE TO BE CARRIED TO BED BECAUSE SHE WAS TOO FU**ED UP. I DON'T WANT TO BE THAT KINDOF MOTHER. I USUALLY EAT THE PILLS OR SMOKE AFTER SHE HAS GONE TO BED OR MY HUSBAND IS HOME TOO. HE DOESN'T TOUCH PILLS OR ANYTHING BUT A LITTLE POT. PLEASE DON'T JUDGE ME I'M NOT A BAD PERSON I HAVE JUST HAD A REALLY SCREWED UP LIFE. [:X]

kyhomegirl is offline Member

Alan do you honestly think us "addicts" dont feel bad enough about being addicted to this ****? You honestly think her existance is worthless? I think mean souled assholes like yourself acts more worthless than someone on here whos trying get help. As I said on the last thread to you,mostpeople ended up addicted after it was prescribed to them, I dont think most of us just woke up one day saying I think I'll go get myself addicted to pain pills today. And I know people with cronic pain after the high not relief.

jnell is offline Junior Member

Everbody...don't give Alan any more energy. He's not worth it. He's obviously sicker than we are.

fairygirl79 is offline Junior Member

quote:Originally posted by wolftrades

DON'T DO IT. I am a chronic pain patient and it is people like you that make it difficult for me to get the pain relief I need just to function as a human being.

I have 4 herniated discs, spinal stenosis, sclerosis and major impingement of the thecal sac. Even though I can get around, I am in constant pain. Yes, I am lucky enough to be taking meds that bring down the pain level. But unlike you, I am not chasing some high. I get pain relief.

Start having some compassion for your fellow human. Stop your worthless existance. What kind of parent are you? What kind of person are you?

Alan
    Alan, I'm sorry, but you DO NOT need to be posting on this forum if that's the kind of attitude you want to have with people who are trying to better their lives. I have read numerous posts that you have made and they are all indispicable! This forum is for "Addiction and Recovery", so what is your reason behind posting these very crude posts? And, probably 50% of the people that are on this board have or are in the same situation you are right now. If you weren't addicted to your meds, then I don't think you would be worrying so much about others! Your qoute " Stop your worthless exsistence and what kind of parent are you" was un called for. I have said enough, but keep in mind Alan, that we aren't the ones getting your meds taken from you, YOU ARE!!!!!!! And,PLEASE DON"T POST if you don't have anything better to say. We are all individuals, and none of us are perfect!!![:0]

FriendnNeed is offline New Member

I have been reading some of the board and I didn't know where else to go. I have a friend who is addicted to percs and is also taking anti depressants. I guess it all started with his pancreas and so his doc started to prescribe them. Then he started buying them from a guy from his school and it has gone downhill from there. His family is on the brink of giving up on him which I don't understand. His mom was an alcoholic and the only reason why she stopped drinking was because of her liver. I don't know what to do. I am NOT turning my back on him or giving up on him. He is an amazing person and I know he can accomplish so much its just that this addiction is tearing him apart. I don't know what to do. I guess I'm reaching out for help. As some of you have mentioned I have been reading a little bit about the Suboxone. I guess from people who are going through it...what is it I can do for him? I love him and want to see him get better but I feel like his family is on the brink of giving up. If anyone has any advice, words of encouragement, anything really...please help.

dizzy23 is offline Senior Member

quote:Originally posted by FriendnNeed

I have been reading some of the board and I didn't know where else to go. I have a friend who is addicted to percs and is also taking anti depressants. I guess it all started with his pancreas and so his doc started to prescribe them. Then he started buying them from a guy from his school and it has gone downhill from there. His family is on the brink of giving up on him which I don't understand. His mom was an alcoholic and the only reason why she stopped drinking was because of her liver. I don't know what to do. I am NOT turning my back on him or giving up on him. He is an amazing person and I know he can accomplish so much its just that this addiction is tearing him apart. I don't know what to do. I guess I'm reaching out for help. As some of you have mentioned I have been reading a little bit about the Suboxone. I guess from people who are going through it...what is it I can do for him? I love him and want to see him get better but I feel like his family is on the brink of giving up. If anyone has any advice, words of encouragement, anything really...please help.
    Sounds like you are a good friend try looking at this website and see if it helps you.I wish you and him luck!!

http://www.narconon.org/get_help.htm

tonyfer is offline New Member

look Alan i have re a bad frum of ra my lag hurt like hell all my joints hurt there days i can get out of bed is kill me to tpy this . i just try to get of my meds and i take tham like my dr said to ..... and i want to some f--- up wihtdawlfor 3 week but had to go back on pain med guz the pain in my body was that bad ...so you have no right telling any one hear if thay are on drugs what you told her ..in my book you are the one who has a drug p[....what is it that your haveing to get you pain med becuz of her? next time think b4 u talk and girl i wish you the best sorry for tpy o but am in so much pain it sucks but had to say this cuz he just get me so piss
    yours anthony

Thank you so much. I did check out the site and sent an email. Hopefully they can help. If anyone else knows of where else I can go it would be wonderful. This helps having this forum to kind of ask for help. I haven't directly dealt with anything like this before and I'm kind of just winging it for the most part.

FreindnNeed, Do you know how many pills your friend is on a day? The more pills he takes a day the harder it will be to wean himself down, without a dr. help. Though people have done it on thier own. His family is something you can't change. You can just let him know that no matter if his family turns thier back on him, you won't. He needs to know that. I too come from an alcholic mother and father that didn't give a **** about me. I think alot of people from broken homes turn to some form of addiction. I truley belive people turn to drugs to escape something. That something just happens to be different for everyone. Good luck to you and your friend. It is a battle I haven't won yet. [:X]

Girlie Girl

Ok, today I am for sure going to start getting serious about quiting. I don't want to be all strung out during Christmas. Yesterday I only took two loratabs. So today 1 and half. It is hard as hell to let go of two a day. Even if I do hurt I don't want to be on Tabs anymore. I know I can do this. I have been trying to sleep alot cause that is the only time I don't think about pills. I almost have to force myself to eat anymore. It sucks so fu**ing bad. I'm shakey and hot as hell. I have 8 pills left. Whatever is left after I wean down I'm going to give them to my husband to hold. Only to give me one if I'm really hurting. Do ya'll think thats smart or should I plan on never taking one again period. There was a time I could take them as needed, so could I ever be like that again?? [:X]

Girlie Girl

Ron714 is offline Junior Member

TO BE STRONG OR TO FALL TO THE DEMONS
    HEY GIRLS AND GUYS , I NO ITS VERY HARD TO COME OFF THIS **** , ESPICIALLY WHEN YOU REALLY NEED IT FOR PAIN , I AM DEALING WITH THE SAME PROBLEMS , QUESTIONING MYSELF , DO I WANT TO STOP OR TO JUST STAY ON THE DRUGS , I AM REALLY A CHRONIC COMPLAINER AND A CHRONIC PAIN SUFFERER IF I AM MAKING SENSE NOW, YOU SEE I BROKE MY NECK IN A AUTO ACCIDENT 10 YEARS AGO , BUT DIDN'T BECOME PARAPLEGIC, ALMOST BUT I DIDN'T , I GOT BETTER WITHOUT ANY MEDS AT ALL HONESTLY , WHEN BACK TO BRUTAL WORK THEN GOT HURT AGAIN , THIS TIME I CRUSHED THE DISC IN MY NECK AND NOW HAVE A BIG DENT IN MY SPINAL CORD , NEEDIND SURGERY , I GAVE IN TO THE PAIN PILLS 5 YEARS AGO WHEN THIS HAPPEN THE SECOND ACCIDENT , ALSO WAS A GAME PLAYER ALL RECREATIONAL DRUGS EXCEPT SHOOTING ANYTHING WELL ONCE I DID AND IT WAS COCAINE , BUT NEVER GOT ADDICTED TO IT , WELL BACK TO THE PAIN MEDS STARTED TAKING VICONDON , THEN THE VICONDON STOPPED WORKING , THEN THEY PRECRIBED OXYCONTIN 10 MGS WITH THE VICS, STILL NO RELIEVE , NOW I AM TAKING OXY IR WITH THE OXYCONTIN 30 MGS, NOW I NEED TO QUIT ALL LIVE IN PAIN TO HAVE THIS MAJOR SURGERY , PROBLEMS BEGIN HERE ? I NEED HELP . TALKING TO A FEW PEOPLE HERE ABOUT SUBOXONE , LETS SEE HOW THAT GOES , WILL LET THE FORUM NO WHEN I START. GREAT PEOPLE HERE REALLY HELPING ME OUT , HEY GOOD LUCK EVERYBODY .
    quote:Originally posted by girlie girl

Ok, today I am for sure going to start getting serious about quiting. I don't want to be all strung out during Christmas. Yesterday I only took two loratabs. So today 1 and half. It is hard as hell to let go of two a day. Even if I do hurt I don't want to be on Tabs anymore. I know I can do this. I have been trying to sleep alot cause that is the only time I don't think about pills. I almost have to force myself to eat anymore. It sucks so fu**ing bad. I'm shakey and hot as hell. I have 8 pills left. Whatever is left after I wean down I'm going to give them to my husband to hold. Only to give me one if I'm really hurting. Do ya'll think thats smart or should I plan on never taking one again period. There was a time I could take them as needed, so could I ever be like that again?? [:X]

Girlie Girl

Ron714, you seem as though you are in sort of the same situation as my friend. In a situation where you are addicted to something that relieves the pain from something that is real. But I guess with pain killers thats how it always starts. I feel for you and your family and I wish you the best of luck. If you need any encouragement myself and I'm sure the rest of the people here would be happy to listen and help. I read a little bit about suboxone and would like to have my friend try that if rehab doesn't work for him. I have my reservations about it but if it helps then its worth a try.

My friend checked into rehab on Saturday for the second time and is already wanting to get out. He says that the withdrawls only last a few days and so since those few days are up that he doesn't need to be in rehab anymore. I keep encouraging him to stay because his work is being really understanding and letting him take the time off but they are tired of all the absences so they won't be as nice if he has to leave again. I told him he has nothing to lose and everything to gain. His family is refusing to pick him up which is good but now he feels like they aren't supportive and I'm trying to assure him that by doing that they are being supportive. He is really upset with his sister (whom I know loves her brother) because she basically called him a dirtbag and compared him to an old family friend who is also an addict and who is in a worse situation than my friend. I don't know if she is working the tough love angle or truly believes this. I'm trying to work the supportive friend angle because I know I can lecture, suggest, and argue with him until I'm blue in the face, but its his decision to change. I have learned in my young age that I'm not God and I can't fix everything like I wish I could. I'm just glad he at least sees that he needs the help and is willing to go for it. I have been through hell and back with my friend. I have never really had to deal with someone with an addiction before this. All the lies, broken promises, and heartache is sometimes things I feel like is more than I can handle. The lies are what hurts the most because I question everything now as much as I don't want to. It is so hard to go through this. My other friends tell me to let him go and he is no good for me but how can they think I can just turn my back on someone like that especially at this time in their lives. I know they are looking out for me but it still floors me. I think its all the nights of crying and all the pain they see me go through but I feel as though (and just a warning this may seem a bit spiritual) things happen for a reason. Perhaps things are supposed to happen like this and I'm supposed to be strong and stick it out. Who knows.

I'm just glad we have this forum and others like it for support. It helps a great deal to come on here. I wish all of you who are going through an addiction lots of luck. Just know that each and everyone of you ARE worth it and to never give up. I know its hard, I see it everyday, but just think that this could be your last time ever having to go through withdrawls and to have to feel this pain. Let 2005 be the last year of your addiction and 2006 be the first year of a new life. For all of you who have a person with an addiction in your life I say to you this:

I know it is hard to see someone you love go through the pain and the suffering that they do. I also know how terribly hard it is to listen to the lies and to be hurt over and over again. But if you are in a situation where you feel safe and you truly believe in them, as hard as it is, try to stick by them and be there for them. It is never easy having to go through something so life altering by yourself and sometimes having someone there to believe in you when you don't even believe in yourself may be the deciding factor of whether or not they want to change or not. But also remember to take care of yourself. If you feel that you are not in a safe situation or that you may be in harm in anyway (physically, mentally, emotionally, etc) then have the courage to step back. If you aren't in a good situation to where you can help them then step back so that someone who is can. It is almost like the blind leading the blind. I don't know if that made sense but hopefully you know what I mean. It's not you giving up on them but its you making sure that you are safe so that maybe if things get better you can help them or someone else. Whatever happens I wish everyone good luck and I will pray for all of you and your families

So sorry this was so long. Best Wishes to everyone

LovlyM is offline Junior Member

Hey girl, I'm almost in the same situation...I got addicted to pain meds cause my boyfriend used to kick the living sh** out of me any chance he got..this went on for 5 + years...then I had a friend who said, I know something that works ten times better and is ten times cheaper...hello herion! Well that lasted 4 months before I realized where I was heading so I went on a methadone clinic and I am doing the 180 day detox and it is WORKING GREAT!!!! So that is my recommendation to you. But only you can make that decision....but for me...my man just called the state and filed a 51A on my cause i'm a junkie.....because i am on the clinic...and I told the worker my story and she is on my side now....So good luck!

So my friend got out of the five day rehab (the doctor said that since he was not a threat to himself or others he had to go). He has had no pain killers for almost two weeks now and I'm so very proud of him. But lately he has been very short, mean, rude, irate, and just doesn't want to talk. I know he is going through a lot and I can only imagine the pain he is going through. I have never had to deal with an addict directly before. Things are so diffent than they used to be. He is withdrawn, always down, hates life and doesn't want to talk about anything. Don't get me wrong, I'm SO happy he isn't taking any painkillers, but it is almost as though he isn't the person I know and love so much. He has snapped at me so many times which he never used to do before and has basically told me that I'm stressing him out by trying to be there for him. I guess I'm stupid and just don't get it. I thought that is what I was supposed to do. I thought I was supposed to be there for him. He feels as though he is alone and I thought I was helping to aleviate that for him. I guess I'm just being overly sensitive. I'm just so confused. I feel like I have to walk on eggshells because the next thing I say may set him off. I tell him that I'm here for him and he just is like...ok. I guess I'm asking too much. I don't know...all I know is that I find myself crying and questing my own worth. What do I do?

Most addicts after they have detoxed suffer from endorphin deficiencey(sp).He probably should be on a anti-depressant.Wellbutrin is used alot for cases like this......Dave

MissingMYman is offline New Member

Please let me know if weening yourself off of them helps. My husband is trying the same thing. It's tough because he gives me his pills to hold for him as well but if 20 minutes go by, he says he needs more because they aren't working. Be careful, it's hard to say no to the ones you love when you know they are in pain...but it also hurts you too if they give in. A lot of people find it hard to believe that something so small can have such a BIG hold on you.

quote:Originally posted by mpvt

Most addicts after they have detoxed suffer from endorphin deficiencey(sp).He probably should be on a anti-depressant.Wellbutrin is used alot for cases like this......Dave
    My friend is on Seroquel. They told him it was to help him with anxiety then he found out on WebMD that it was for manic depression. He just seems down all the time and just unwilling to be helped but he has refrained from not taking any painkillers. He goes in on Wednesday for his first treatment of Suboxone. I hope it goes well. I have read all I can on Suboxone but it hasnt said anything about how it will make the patient feel after taking it. Will it help them with the depression, the lashing out of other people, and the lack of energy? As strong as I try to be I just feel that this is taking over all of my thoughts.

I bet he comes out of his depression.Addicts suffer from endorphin deficiencey due to the fact that opiates take their place and you stop produce the number you would normally need.When you stop the opiates you don't have enough endorphins to fill your opiate receptors and you feel depressed.That's why alot of addicts trying to quit take an anti-depressant......Dave

fkunorko is offline Member

I have been trying to quit taking norco, which is 10mg hydrocodone / 325mg acetaminophen. I take two and a half 3 times every day. that is 7 and a half of them fricken things. I have gotten up to as many as 14 in a day, but now I have been doing the 2.5 3x per day for over a month now. I only have a desire to stop taking them AFTER around my 2nd dose of the day. Does this make sense?

cant stop

PrincessHannahB is offline New Member

I would just like to say to girly girly don't try Oxy's. They are bad news. I have been addicted to them for 4 years now. off and on. I try to stop but it never really works. I really need help.
    I have an 8 month old son and I need to stop doing them desperately. My family knows I used to have a problem with oxys but they don't know Ive been doing them recently.