Oxycontin and Percocet Question
    janice2005 is offline New Member

Default Oxycontin and Percocet Question

Could someone please help, I started taking both these drugs under a year ago for a back injury, after the injury was gone, I continued to take them, I only take one oxycontin in the morning, and sometimes one percocet in the afternoon, but its happening daily, I am 40 years old, no energy at all, achy all over, migranes, just no get up and go, talked to many doctors who say there is no medical reason why I am so tired, I'm normal height and weight, (thin) but the oxycontin and percocet are the "only" thing that helps me get out of bed in the morning, I love them, lots of energy, no aches, feel great, but watched Montel Williams yesterday and he was talking about these drugs and the dangers, so I went off them for the past two days to make sure I am not addicted, but I miss them so much, I'm tired, achy, have a hard time doing my job which requires energy, I feel sick, can't sleep at night, don't feel I'm an addict, but just need advice or suggestions, I don't really care about the oxycontin as much I wouldn't miss that, but percocet I do. please help?

scubablt is offline New Member

Please give me feedback about Pain Rx. withdrawals: [8D]

To me, it is the worst thing a person can go thru! I would rather die than suffer the pain of w/ drawals!! Literally!!! It is like a living Hell ... I want to die every time I run out of Pain Rxs and go thru w/ drawls. You should try to do whatever you can to avoid running low or out of your Pain Rxs... anything. I am too addicted, weak, pitiful and undisciplined to make it thru the entire month w/out running out of my beloved Pain Rxs! I double up on the dosage after I get them filled, and then I run out way too soon in the month... and then I suffer... big time suffer...it is SSSOOO BAD!!!

[V]I wanted to commit suicide many times... I thank God when it was finally OK and time to get my refills. It was like getting a new life when I was able to again take, chew up (OxyContin!!) and swallow the "fruit of the gods" and stop the pain and the devilish feel of withdrawals! I would be willing to do just about anything during w/ drawals to stop the horrible and gut-wrenching pain and feelings -- lie, cheat, steal, [:X]rob, Dr. Shop, go to different ER's, take other persons's Rxs, etc... anything. I would have prostituted my male body for some Pain Rxs if anyone would have wanted me and paid me in my Pain Rxs!!... and I am not all that bad looking, and I am very well hung [] (just a side note), but how do you go about doing that? I guess it is not a viable, safe option.

I wanted to go to a Pharmacy and rob it of [}] Pain Rxs... but I never went that far... thank God. I would spend all day for a week at a time going to different ER's, Dr. clinics, Hospitals, 24-Hour Prima Care type clinics, etc. looking for some help w/ Pain Rxs. I could make up the best stories imaginable. I would spend all day some days going from clinic/ER to Clinic/ER. I would call in sick at work and hit the streets. I will spend an entire paycheck paying clinic fees and Rx costs to just stop the withdrawals. I got it bad! I often think I would sacrifice my 1st born child to stop the HORRIBLE painn of w/drawals. NO, I would not really do that!

Does anyone else relate to this, or is just me? Am I the only one who battles this horrible disease and sickness like this? Please give me some feedback and offer me some help, hope, and advice. Please. Just reply here and I will read it. [xx(]

Thanks, Lee [)]
    PTL!

Keep the Faith & trust the RXS!!! In SCUBA: Don't hold your breath, and come up slow blowing bubbles. Also: God created WOMEN for MEN... PTL!

mpvt is offline Platinum Member

Your suffering from opiate withdrawl,you need to tell your doctor this and he can set up a withdrawl program for you.Ask him about suboxone.....Dave

Always consult a MD first

janice2005 is offline New Member

Thank you for answering back to me regarding Oxy and percocet, I am now in day 3, cold turkey, I don't think I have the withdrawls as serious as most, lucky for me, pretty minor in comparison, I have had sleepless nights, diarreah, fatigue, but seems each day gets a little easier, yesterday was really bad, but today not so terrible, but still have a hard time functioning full capacity at work, I work tomorrow then a few days off, good luck to all who is going through this and I know many have it worse than me, and my heart goes out to you all. Janice

The Hunter is offline New Member

Hey, about that getting off and the withdrawl of the oxycontin and percocet stuff, i am no doctor, but have tons of experience with this matter, as i se so does many of your replies. Going cold turkey is not the way to go, as it may kill you (or make you want to kill yourself!) Ya see, both of the drugs that you take are of the same drug! Both are oxycodone. Listen, if you suffer from chronic pain, you will end up addicted to some sort of heavy drug. It is a fact. But one must consider, which drug is the lessor of two evils? I have been hardcore addicted to oxycontin, and i tried to cold turkey. Man, it was worse than herion! I hurt so bad for two weeks, could do nothing 'cept lay in bed and suffer. But i still have to admit, it is the ONLY drug that actually killed the pain! It was too good! I couldn't get enough. But alas, one can and must not live in that kind of bondage. Now i take 200mg of Morphine sulfate Gereric, and some lortabs 10/325's for breakthrough pain. No, it does not work as well as the oxy, but i am in control now. I discovered that the morphine actually killed nearly all of the withdrawl symptons from the oxy!
    But remember, unless you can exersize, even walk, the nature of opiates will tend to burn you out, and steal all of your energy. You have to fight this! I have a severe injury to my upper spinal cord and suffer bad everyday, but what i take now, takes the edge off enough that i can force myself to get up and go. I can't run, because i can't bounce, but i can do many other things, and do. Pain, if you let it, will treach you so many things! I have learned in the past 15 years of massive chronic pain and suffering, how to understand God. How to learn to embrace this daily pain, to never let it defeat me as it did for at least 10 years! I have learned to be content with the way that i am, though it does not mean that i do not want more! Like complete healing! But, i except what today gives to me, and i never, never worry about tomarrow, or yesterday! I refuse to worry, or stress at least 95% of the time. So many things can be learned that others without constant pain simply cannot understand. We that suffer have been chosen to bear this burden. If not us, then who? Is there someone else that you would give your suffering and pain too? Not me, not never...except God of course. What i am saying here has nothing to do with religion. It has to do with survival. I never complain to my wife about my pain, as it was given to me, and me alone. It was not given to her, so she cannot bear it! I have seen so many good honest people get divorced because of the constant complaining of the one to the other from pain or discomfort. We all have a choice. What will we all choose to do. I chose to humble myself and except, and even embrace my pain. I will not whine or complain to my wife even though some days i cannot get out of bed. She is no idiot, she knows what is up with me! If i become vocal, and whine and nice lady, she only feels more helpless to help me. And love needs to help! But nobody, and i mean nobody can stand a chronic complainer! If ya do it, expect to be alone someday. It's not that they don't love you, or care, they just can't stand to see and hear ya suffer and feel helpless. There is no worse feeling on earth that i can think of than the feeling of being absolutely helpless. Not for me anyway.
    May God continue to bless you and yours!

Loyal Au Mort
    (Faithful unto death)

KIP
    KIP is offline New Member

THESE DRUGS ARE MAKING MILLIONS FOR THESE PHARASUITICAL COMPANIES WITHOUT A CARE IN THE WORLD ABOUT RUINING YOU. DO NOT GO COLD TURKEY AT ANY COST. GO TO A DOCTOR, EXPLAIN TRUTHFULLY WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO YOU AND ALLOW THEM TO SLOWLY GET YOU OFF THESE POWERFULL DRUGS. IF USED CORRECTLY, LORTAB, LORCET AND SOME LESS POWERFULL DRUGS CAN ALLOW YOU TO LIVE SOME WHAT NORMAL.I HAVE TAKEN LORTAB FOR 3 YEARS AND NOW WHAT IT IS LIKE TO RUN OUT AND IT IS NOT EASY, BUT I CAN IN NO WAY UNDERSTAND WHAT IT MUST BE LIKE TO GO THROUGH OXY WITHDRAWL.GET A CREDABLE DOCTOR TO HELP AND FOLLOW HIS DIRECTION UNTIL YOU HAVE CONQUERED THIS ISSUE.

KIP E. EMRICK

Ron714 is offline Junior Member

WOW Hunter that was awesome , you made my nite , I am a chronic pain sufferer on OXYCONTIN 30MGS A DAY AND 3 OXY IRS A DAY 5MG A TIME , I am atleast in control of my pain at the present time , I have sever chronic radiculapathy and chronic mylopathy have ddd throughout the cervical and lumbar spine also osteophyte formation thruout also Its terrible , Please e-mail me I would be interested in talking as much as we can , I have several friends on this site and we are all working together on the topics mentioned.
    quote:Originally posted by KIP

THESE DRUGS ARE MAKING MILLIONS FOR THESE PHARASUITICAL COMPANIES WITHOUT A CARE IN THE WORLD ABOUT RUINING YOU. DO NOT GO COLD TURKEY AT ANY COST. GO TO A DOCTOR, EXPLAIN TRUTHFULLY WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO YOU AND ALLOW THEM TO SLOWLY GET YOU OFF THESE POWERFULL DRUGS. IF USED CORRECTLY, LORTAB, LORCET AND SOME LESS POWERFULL DRUGS CAN ALLOW YOU TO LIVE SOME WHAT NORMAL.I HAVE TAKEN LORTAB FOR 3 YEARS AND NOW WHAT IT IS LIKE TO RUN OUT AND IT IS NOT EASY, BUT I CAN IN NO WAY UNDERSTAND WHAT IT MUST BE LIKE TO GO THROUGH OXY WITHDRAWL.GET A CREDABLE DOCTOR TO HELP AND FOLLOW HIS DIRECTION UNTIL YOU HAVE CONQUERED THIS ISSUE.

KIP E. EMRICK

CrunchDude is offline Junior Member

Janice,

Please contact me about your Oxycontin problems. My direct email is natas22000@aol.com.

Best wishes.

smuttking is offline New Member

Question i am in the same boat

See I have chronic pain and I just ran out of meds. I just got of the hosp. On last thursday 4/31 and the doctor wrote me a rx but there was a error on it so after my wife picked me up I returned to the docs office to get the error corrected. Bear in mind that this isn't my blood doctor. So the doc said two people can't write narcotics. So I just left. When I got home I was still in pain. (I had just got home from the hosp. fresh off of 6mg dilaud and the doc sent me home with nothing. ) So I tried to be strong and fight it but sat. I ended up goin to the hospital my blood doc uses. And, they said that I wasn't bad enough to admitt so now I'm waitin until 5/6 to go to my doc. But, I have been feelin addicted and I hate being dependent on something I can't control. I haven't been sleepin at night and when I am suppose to be up and movin I'm tired. But, when I have my oxcy and perc I'm just fine. My thing is I run out early bc I have a family and when I get in pain I take more then recommended so I can try in stay home with them instead of being in the hospital. I try not to complain to my wife and I really thank God for givin me such a strong support system like her. But, when the pain hits its horriable and almost everyday. See I have a sister with the same diease and she might spend total 3 months a year out of the hospital bc she chases the iv pain meds. And I try everything in my power not to be like her. So is their anything someone can tell me to help me maintain a normal life for my wife and son. And about the withdrawals I know they can be hell tryin to kick is horriable. See what I'm sayin no matter what we sound like addicts and this isn't something we asked for. God I pray will give all of us the strength to maintain until we are totally healed. And he can and will do it.