Opiate Drug Test... Please Help!
    Lucy Diamond is offline New Member

Question Opiate Drug Test... Please Help!

Please help!! For the entire duration of yesterday I took 3 Vicoprofen 7.5 and 1 perc 10 for some major tooth pain (scripts are not mine). I just found out that I am going to be drug tested by urinalysis on Tuesday. I have not taken another narcotic etc. since last Saturday (for teeth pain as well). What are my chances of testing positive. The last pill I took was at 10 pm. last night. My test is at 2 p.m. this Tuesday 7/24/07. Thanks for any help you can offer!

Dave87666 is offline Member

You should be fine..Just DONT take anymore opiates!

Thanks so much for your help Dave!! I will just stick to plain ol Tylenol!!

Cats Meow is offline Banned

Hydrocodone isn't usually tested for, but it can be detected for 3-4 days.
    http://www.erowid.org/pharms/hydroco..._testing.shtml

Hi Cats Meow, Does Oxycodone fall into the same category as Hydrocodone as far as how long it stays in the body? Also, Is there anything that I could do safely as far as helping increase the time the drug comes out of my system just to be on the super safe side? Thanks!

Cats Meow is offline Banned

Oxy is the same, even less tested for, flushing your system out with water might help some, but you have a five days so you're good.
    http://www.erowid.org/pharms/oxycodo..._testing.shtml
    Last edited by Cats Meow; 07-20-2007 at 01:19 PM.

Tim777 is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy Diamond View Post

Please help!! For the entire duration of yesterday I took 3 Vicoprofen 7.5 and 1 perc 10 for some major tooth pain (scripts are not mine). I just found out that I am going to be drug tested by urinalysis on Tuesday. I have not taken another narcotic etc. since last Saturday (for teeth pain as well). What are my chances of testing positive. The last pill I took was at 10 pm. last night. My test is at 2 p.m. this Tuesday 7/24/07. Thanks for any help you can offer!
    I have been a pain patient for the better part of 10 yrs. In these 10 yrs, I have struggled twice with abuse of my meds, actually running out a time or two before my next app. I can tell you that it takes 5 days to clear out 120mg Oxycontin (Three 40mg pills a day) plus 15mg Percs at three a day. How do I know this? Let's just say I have busted a drug screen recently. First time in 10 yrs. Of course when asked about the last time I took a pill before my drug screen(s) I lied about it and said it had been 3 days. Then I was told by my doc that it takes 5 days without any meds to test clean from the dosage I am on. So basically he called me a liar & booted me because the meds did not show up in my urine test. It is the only time in 10 yrs I have been booted from a pain management clinic, which is a good track record. At least this is what the doc that booted me & the new doc that took me on told me.

So as you have been told, you should be fine. Just be glad you had a little warning. And from now on, go to a doc and get what you need. At least you will be covered in the event of a drug screen. I know it is hard to get MD's outside of a pain clinic setting to prescribe pain meds these days. And for good reason I guess. I have a regular MD doc for other issues besides pain issues. And he will not prescribe me nothing for pain. Even when I was between pain clinics. And he has known me for 5 yrs and knows my history with health and my reasons for my participation in pain management clinics. So I know it would be hard for anyone outside a pain management setting to find an MD that cares more for the patients he sees than for his licsense, fearing the DEA. But still, to protect your job & lifestyle, hunt until you find one. And if you are lucky enough to find an MD that has a heart, don't let him
    her go.