Opiate Drug test
    letam06 is offline New Member

Default Opiate Drug test

Hi.
    I have to take a urine test specifically for opiates. I was wondering if darvocet, xanax, flexeril, or suboxine would cause a positive result.

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by letam06 View Post
    Hi.
    I have to take a urine test specifically for opiates. I was wondering if darvocet, xanax, flexeril, or suboxine would cause a positive result.

A screen that is testing for opiates would only show a positive result for darvocet out of the aformentioned group of drugs. To explain a little further xanax is a benzo not an opiate. Flexeril is only a muscle relaxer and once again it's not an opiate. While suboxone does contain the drug buprenorphine which is an opiate you would have to be taking a test that was specifically for buprenorphine for it to show up as a positive. Buprenorphine just doesn't show up as an opiate unless it's tested for specifically. Hope that helps. God bless.

taph1e is offline New Member

Just so you know, I dont know all that much about the different opiates and how they would show up on an opiate drug test, but on a general drug test flexeril will show up as TCA (Tricyclic Antidepressants) I would know, mine failed for that as I got all upset because I hadn't done anything I had to worry about, but I had a Rx so it was all good. Good Luck

Quote Originally Posted by taph1e View Post
    Just so you know, I dont know all that much about the different opiates and how they would show up on an opiate drug test, but on a general drug test flexeril will show up as TCA (Tricyclic Antidepressants) I would know, mine failed for that as I got all upset because I hadn't done anything I had to worry about, but I had a Rx so it was all good. Good Luck

That is very strange to me. Flexeril is not a TCA to my knowledge. It sounds like you might have gotten a false positive on your test. Flexeril is nothing more than a muscle relaxer. Go to the search box at the top of this page and do a drug search on flexeril. Or do a google search on TCAs. Flexeril is not part of this class of drugs. I am not doubting what you say about your test results as mistakes happen on drug tests all the time. But flexeril should not show up as a TCA under normal conditions. God bless.

taph1e is offline New Member

Default ??

Yeah I know it doesnt sound right, I had gone to court and social services popped a drug test on me and I didnt think I had anything to worry about. It was on a Monday and that Friday before I had gotten a Rx for Tylenol3 and Flexeril. Well as I'm sitting down with my lawyer in front of the judge no less he looks at me and wispered u failed your drug test. I freaked, I hadnt done any Tylenol3 since friday that didnt show but I failed for TCA and PCP. Go figure, I dont even know what PCP was at the time, of course after I did some research on the 2. My lawyer even looked it up in a Nurses Drug Manual he had in his office and found that flexeril does show up as Tryciclic Andtidepressants, I found numerous web sites to confirm it as well...but for the PCP, I dont know what happened there. I mean the tylenol3 didnt show...I think the test was contaminated or something. It wasnt done in a controled setting. It was one of those field tests that the test is attached to the side of the cup, the social worker handed it 2 me in 2 different pieces, the top wasnt even on it, I went to the bathroom in the courthouse myself and then when she got it back she ran off with it, I didnt see her test it in front of me. So lord only knows what really happened. But the one thing that I did find out is that flexeril shows up as TCA, it basically says that it is structurally the same. I guess that is a false pos...I dunno check out http://pediatrics.aappublications.or...full/105/5/e66

renagade281 is offline Junior Member

If I was to take a drug test for a job that sends me to one of those clinics for a urine tests would I fail if I was only taking suboxone?

renagade281 is offline Junior Member

If I have to take a urine test for a job that sends me to one of those clinics will I fail for suboxone?

Quote Originally Posted by renagade281 View Post
    If I have to take a urine test for a job that sends me to one of those clinics will I fail for suboxone?

Only way that suboxone shows up is if they do a test specific for buprenorphine which is the drug in suboxone. It does NOT show up as an opiate on a standard panel test. Good luck.

Oxy Moron™ is offline New Member

Post Drug Test - It All Depends...

It really depends on what urine test has been ordered by your employer (or whomever). There are several variables here as well as options on just how many panels they'd like to include.

SWIM works for the government and prior to employment, a 7-Panel Urine Test was ordered. This is quite common but does cover quite the string of chemicals. I believe, if I am not mistaken, that there is both a 7-Panel and 12-Panel test available when testing chemical existance in urine. I'm not entirely sure on all the chems identified by that of a 12-Panel but through a 7-Panel, the following are tested for:

• Benzodiazepines (Xanax, Valium)
    • Methamphetamines (Meth, Speed)
    • Cocaine
    • Marijuana
    • Opiates (Bupenephrine, Hydrocodone, Propoxyphene
    • Barbiturates (Barbital, Phenobarbital)
    • Oxycodone (Percocet, Percodan, Tylox, OxyContin)

According to the research I have completed, medications such as Suboxone WILL BE found, through the Opiate-specific chem-test, and will obviously result in a failed test for that specific chemical (opiate).

Hope this helps!
    Oxy Moron™

“I admire addicts. In a world where everybody is waiting for some bline, random disaster, or some sudden disease, the addict has the comfort of knowing what will most likely wait for him down the road. He's taken some control over his ultimate fate, and his addiction keeps the cause of death from being a total surprise.”
    Chuck Palahniuk

Quote Originally Posted by Oxy Moron™ View Post
    It really depends on what urine test has been ordered by your employer (or whomever). There are several variables here as well as options on just how many panels they'd like to include.

SWIM works for the government and prior to employment, a 7-Panel Urine Test was ordered. This is quite common but does cover quite the string of chemicals. I believe, if I am not mistaken, that there is both a 7-Panel and 12-Panel test available when testing chemical existance in urine. I'm not entirely sure on all the chems identified by that of a 12-Panel but through a 7-Panel, the following are tested for:

• Benzodiazepines (Xanax, Valium)
    • Methamphetamines (Meth, Speed)
    • Cocaine
    • Marijuana
    • Opiates (Bupenephrine, Hydrocodone, Propoxyphene
    • Barbiturates (Barbital, Phenobarbital)
    • Oxycodone (Percocet, Percodan, Tylox, OxyContin)

According to the research I have completed, medications such as Suboxone WILL BE found, through the Opiate-specific chem-test, and will obviously result in a failed test for that specific chemical (opiate).

Hope this helps!

I dont know who SWIM is but OxyMoron is wrong. Buprenorphine DOES NOT show up as an opiate on any standard panel test. Unless a test is specific for buprenorphine it will not result in a failed test result. You don't even describe the different panels correctly.
    Last edited by Robert_325; 11-11-2008 at 10:13 AM.