Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1927282930 LastLast
Like Tree175Likes
Opee's New Thread for success!!
    Opee is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom4me View Post
    "you're a creature of the night Mike!"
    AHhhhh Jen, you've always had me at Hello.......
    That which does not kill me makes me stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by azul diablo View Post
    You ok bro??? That post had me a little confused and scatter brained LOL!
    So, what's new? The Ol' Opsteer done and got hisself BANNED! Right when I done bought my number 3 gal a new "Classy Lassy" tank top...go figure?

PFFFTT, heck if I know. Whatever, Opee is back, weird and wild (OK, mild) as ever! Actually, I'm eating cold tomato soup from the can sitting on the floor with the lights off in an aluminum foil helmet. THEY'RE WATCHING US!
    NoMoreOxy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Opee View Post
    So, what's new? The Ol' Opsteer done and got hisself BANNED! Right when I done bought my number 3 gal a new "Classy Lassy" tank top...go figure?

PFFFTT, heck if I know. Whatever, Opee is back, weird and wild (OK, mild) as ever! Actually, I'm eating cold tomato soup from the can sitting on the floor with the lights off in an aluminum foil helmet. THEY'RE WATCHING US!
    Rod Serling visitied me in my dreams last night with a lit cigarette he never once took a puff from and confirmed my suspicions about "The Man." I tell you this, that cat cuts a mean suit. Like a living razor - sharp!

caughtagain is offline Diamond Member

Thanks for sharing... Did you just respond to your own post........ Epic!
    Opee likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by caughtagain View Post
    Thanks for sharing... Did you just respond to your own post........ Epic!
    I think he did Reid,, Crazy huh...

Anonymous Guest

I think he did Reid,, Crazy huh...
    It's so sad when dementia sets in with the elderly.....
    Opee likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by azul diablo View Post
    It's so sad when dementia sets in with the elderly.....
    HEY! I'm 38 - OK 39 in 2 months, but, jeez Louise! Oddball, off-the-wall, Crusader, Protector of the Disinfranchised, paranoid.....OK, just plain old fashioned wierdo I can accept...But, dementia....ouch, that's below the belt.

Apparently I unnerved one of you because I got a call from a dear old 'Tripod Member' thinking I'd gone off the wagon....sigh....my internal humor/monologue isn't for everyone, but I was on my lunch break taking a break from processing Mutual Funds (it is exciting as it sounds) and I had to laugh. "Uh, no, I'm not high...working, actually." Been since mid August of 2010 since I've touched an opiate, but I guess there's no cure for weirdness....

Blue Demon...is that you...?....it get's so fuzzy sometimes....and that darn Rod Serling just keeps talking in riddles with his cigarette, yet refuses to take a drag. It's unnerving as heck....especially in black and white.
    Restlessly likes this.

for the record, I was going to hit "like" on opee's post... but I had no clue what he was talking about....
    ClassiqueMom and Opee like this.

Freedom4me is offline Advanced Member

You guys are way too funny for a bunch of druggies. lol
    ClassiqueMom and Opee like this.

for the record, I was going to hit "like" on opee's post... but I had no clue what he was talking about....
    Please, PLEASE, don't tell me you're too old to remember the opening monologue of every Twilight Zone......

'Rod Serling' - holding a cig, being creepy and forshadowing.....like Clinton, "never inhaling."

CA, you need to get "in" more. TV is your friend.

And so am I. I love ya all, ya crazy nutbags!

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom4me View Post
    You guys are way too funny for a bunch of druggies. lol
    We all have that one special skill, Babe. I guess I take it for granted that everyone has the same "broad culture spectrum" (nerd) that I do.

I've been around, and around and around....Ya gotta read between the lines sometimes. There is no black (except my wardrobe) and white - only gray for us druggies.

For the record, nobody rocks coal black Skinny jeans and Engineer boots like the Opster!

Anonymous Guest

you still owe me lollipops Opster!
    You were weird when i met you.....don't see much difference
    you've always had to explain your jokes to me. Yikes! you watch shows older than i am!
    you know i have sleep probs too, but i'm working full time now and up at 5am and dropping at nite.

Anyone else notice the forum looks different today? Or is it my computer?

We all have that one special skill, Babe. I guess I take it for granted that everyone has the same "broad culture spectrum" (nerd) that I do.

I've been around, and around and around....Ya gotta read between the lines sometimes. There is no black (except my wardrobe) and white - only gray for us druggies.

For the record, nobody rocks coal black Skinny jeans and Engineer boots like the Opster!
    You make me smile Ops! lol
    Opee likes this.

Always leave 'em laughin'.

- George Castanza

Anonymous Guest

Hey Opee!
    i've been geting up a 5am and am in bed by 8:30pm! can you imagine that?! I'm working now as a long term sub in a school about 15 miles south of me. Just was asked yesterday if I would be interested in a permanent position! Yeah!
    Doesn't mean for sure that there will be one available, will have to wait til the end of the school year to know for sure.
    My brother has assured me that eventually I will be able to stay up until at 10:00 maybe even 10:30 as my body gets used to the hours. I sure hope so!
    How's the job? Your mom, brother, dad and grandmother?
    And of course that little pile of energy son of yours
    I'm headed for the shower now.....take care!
    Opee likes this.

It all started with me reading your posts Opster...... 2000 posts ago... Thanks for pushing me through your words before I knew you to do what I needed to do to get started. I will always apreciate your words, your kindness and eventualy your friendship. I hope you are well. Reid
    Freedom4me and Opee like this.

Robert_325 is offline Retired

It all started with me reading your posts Opster...... 2000 posts ago... Thanks for pushing me through your words before I knew you to do what I needed to do to get started. I will always apreciate your words, your kindness and eventualy your friendship. I hope you are well. Reid

Congrats on 2000 posts, Reid! Now you're officially a forum FREAK like just a few of the rest of us! You're a Platinum drug forum guru! lol We leave SUCH a legacy!
    caughtagain and Opee like this.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

2000+ Reid....very cool my brother
    caughtagain, Robert_325 and Opee like this.

Right back atya, Brother! You've been the for me just as much, if not more. After my life implosion (a month after I got straight-unbelievable considering all the crazy risks I took in the past...karma, it IS a beast <gotta stay within compliance here, no more banning>) you called me immediately and we talked for quite a bit. Yesterday my best friend who died would have been 39. It was a tough day, but I'm proud to say I did it sober, not so much as a drop of wine. Doing great, just 100% focused on work and my son. Wrote a long long reply that just disappeared, no way I'm re-typing.....45 minutes wasted.......sorry, at the risk of getting banned not a fan of the upgrades, this never happened before. I have nomdesiremto spend so much time on a post that logs me out for no reason. Before it happens again, I'm doing well, work going great and in August I will be 2 years opiate free!!! Talk soon, Gang, I have missed you all!!!!

Much love,
    Jeff
    Robert_325 and caughtagain like this.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowwally View Post
    Hey Opee!
    i've been geting up a 5am and am in bed by 8:30pm! can you imagine that?! I'm working now as a long term sub in a school about 15 miles south of me. Just was asked yesterday if I would be interested in a permanent position! Yeah!
    Doesn't mean for sure that there will be one available, will have to wait til the end of the school year to know for sure.
    My brother has assured me that eventually I will be able to stay up until at 10:00 maybe even 10:30 as my body gets used to the hours. I sure hope so!
    How's the job? Your mom, brother, dad and grandmother?
    And of course that little pile of energy son of yours
    I'm headed for the shower now.....take care!
    Mom and Dad great, brother and I made peace (we're speaking at least) at Easter, grandparents not doing well at all. We need to talk, it's heartbreaking. I, too, am pleased to report I am re-training my internal body clock and actually sleeping like a human. Tonight is very late for me, gotta call it a night. My son is doing well,too...all in all things are better then they have been in years. I am...content. That beats the stuffing out of the last 8 years. Life isn't perfect, but it bad. It ain't bad at all. Pill free or not, there's always problems, but it feels good to attack them with a clear head instead of slipping into a haze and ignoring them. Love ya, Mars!!!!
    Last edited by Opee; 05-12-2012 at 03:11 AM.
    Robert_325 likes this.

mottam is offline Advanced Member

"I'm doing well, work going great and in August I will be 2 years opiate free!!!"...

Much love,
    Jeff
    Congratulations, Jeff. 2 years of freedom from addiction is simply a miracle. Its amazing how fantastic life is w/o pills - the good and bad times. So few make it, we lose so many to this BS.

Want to end this post on a good note - can't wait until you hit post on your 2-year clean date - make sure there are many more - a lifetime of posts - ahead of you.

Kindest Regards.

mottam
    Robert_325 likes this.
    Persistency is consistency

Quote Originally Posted by mottam View Post
    Congratulations, Jeff. 2 years of freedom from addiction is simply a miracle. Its amazing how fantastic life is w/o pills - the good and bad times. So few make it, we lose so many to this BS.

Want to end this post on a good note - can't wait until you hit post on your 2-year clean date - make sure there are many more - a lifetime of posts - ahead of you.

Kindest Regards.

mottam

Count on it, Brother!
    Robert_325 likes this.

Anonymous Guest

Hey Jeff!
    Went to KC with my daughter last nite. We had fun, lots of laughter. We were back at the hotel in bed by 10:30. They made us take our food to go from the restaurant! Long story, but hilarious.
    She woke up when i was in the shower this morning at 7:00. She opened her eyes when I came back into the room, said that job must be killing you for you to wake up this early, and she went back to sleep.
    I'm still not waking up early enough on my own. About 6:30 and have to be up by 5:30, but as you know that's huge progress for me!
    I'll be in bed reading in half an hour or so and fall asleep. Hopefully eventually I'll be able to stay up like big people do and still get up early I HOPE!!!
    Goood for you for working on your biological clock too! It's hard to break the habits of a lifetime for sure. I've always been a "nite" person so I don't really like this.
    I am darned impressed with this "off opiates" life tho. I may not like it, but I can and will do what I need to do to get to work. I always have fun when I'm there too.
    I think it's been about a year and a half clean for me, somewhere in there, and I can now say I have energy. Normal energy. Pretty cool, huh? Can't believe it's really taken this long to get it back. Sure glad I didn't know it would when I went into this. I just knew each month was a bit better than the last.
    Watched "War Horse" today. Well I should say I SOBBED my way through it! Geez! I feel like a wrung out dish rag!
    Hope you have had a good week, spend time with your mom today?
    Talk later!
    Love ya back!
    Robert_325 likes this.

Robert_325 is offline Retired

There are some awesome stories on this thread, it's always been one of my favorites with a bunch of my favorite people on here! So many success stories in the last ten posts alone! Makes me like this "forum" place when I read this thread! God bless guys!
    Freedom4me, caughtagain and Opee like this.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

You, Sir, just made this Cat's day!
    Robert_325 and Freedom4me like this.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowwally View Post
    Hey Jeff!
    Went to KC with my daughter last nite. We had fun, lots of laughter. We were back at the hotel in bed by 10:30. They made us take our food to go from the restaurant! Long story, but hilarious.
    She woke up when i was in the shower this morning at 7:00. She opened her eyes when I came back into the room, said that job must be killing you for you to wake up this early, and she went back to sleep.
    I'm still not waking up early enough on my own. About 6:30 and have to be up by 5:30, but as you know that's huge progress for me!
    I'll be in bed reading in half an hour or so and fall asleep. Hopefully eventually I'll be able to stay up like big people do and still get up early I HOPE!!!
    Goood for you for working on your biological clock too! It's hard to break the habits of a lifetime for sure. I've always been a "nite" person so I don't really like this.
    I am darned impressed with this "off opiates" life tho. I may not like it, but I can and will do what I need to do to get to work. I always have fun when I'm there too.
    I think it's been about a year and a half clean for me, somewhere in there, and I can now say I have energy. Normal energy. Pretty cool, huh? Can't believe it's really taken this long to get it back. Sure glad I didn't know it would when I went into this. I just knew each month was a bit better than the last.
    Watched "War Horse" today. Well I should say I SOBBED my way through it! Geez! I feel like a wrung out dish rag!
    Hope you have had a good week, spend time with your mom today?
    Talk later!
    Love ya back!
    It has not been without work, Mars! Yes, posting late, but 9am De appt gives me an excuse. Mom is on a Caribbean cruise so I couldn't call if I wanted - LIFES rewards for living your Life right...after raisng Rosemary's Baby, she's earned it - BIG TIME! - if only the neighborhood would have cooperated (LOL).

Patterns get better each day. It take 28 days to break a habit (try 128 days - zombies excluded) I'VE GOT IT TOGETHER. Presenting a new project to management tomorrow - got in nailed cold.

Opee is OK. I'm OK, You'e OK! Who needs a beatup paperback? Who'se got two thumbs up and a beatup paperback? Not THIS guy!!!! Hi-yo!!

Over and out, Troops, Keep your powder dry!

Please ensure the term "Legacy" is repeated multiple times in my memoir ""I, Madman" due out late Fall by Pentalum Press. Thanks in advance.

My brain hurts... Nothing a little Danzig won't cure
    Opee likes this.

Op's, I think the memoir should be titled D.O.A (Drugs...Overrated Addiction) LOL

Anonymous Guest

It has not been without work, Mars! Yes, posting late, but 9am De appt gives me an excuse. Mom is on a Caribbean cruise so I couldn't call if I wanted - LIFES rewards for living your Life right...after raisng Rosemary's Baby, she's earned it - BIG TIME! - if only the neighborhood would have cooperated (LOL).

Patterns get better each day. It take 28 days to break a habit (try 128 days - zombies excluded) I'VE GOT IT TOGETHER. Presenting a new project to management tomorrow - got in nailed cold.

Opee is OK. I'm OK, You'e OK! Who needs a beatup paperback? Who'se got two thumbs up and a beatup paperback? Not THIS guy!!!! Hi-yo!!

Over and out, Troops, Keep your powder dry!
    Hey Jeff,
    How'd the presentation go?
    Funny you said you had dr. appt. at 9 so you could stay up late. I have my grandson's kindergarten graduation at 9 tomorrow morning so I was thinking...whoa...I get to stay up late! yeah, right! I'm dog tired and doubt seriously I stay awake! Gonna try and watch a movie i've been saving forever!
    Glad you are doing so well!

Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1927282930 LastLast