only need a crumb of suboxone
    lilguy101 is offline Junior Member

Default only need a crumb of suboxone

i have used only a crumb of suboxone the past two days for a 5 month 30-90 mg per day binge. if i stop now will that have helped me w my codeine w/d?

Denny_D is offline Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by lilguy101 View Post
    i have used only a crumb of suboxone the past two days for a 5 month 30-90 mg per day binge. if i stop now will that have helped me w my codeine w/d?
    lilguy ..... The "crumb" will probably block the receptors keeping you from feeling withdrawls for a short time. A few days to a week? Depends on how many mg the crumb was.

I believe until the half-life of the Sub is gone you will still feel some withdraws from the Subs. Could be from 3 to 10 days. it's tough to make a guess as everyone is different.

So to answer your question yes the Sub will help with your Codeine withdrawls, but only for a short time. Hope this helps. God Bless.....Denny

Quote Originally Posted by Denny_D View Post
    lilguy ..... The "crumb" will probably block the receptors keeping you from feeling withdrawls for a short time. A few days to a week? Depends on how many mg the crumb was.

I believe until the half-life of the Sub is gone you will still feel some withdraws from the Subs. Could be from 3 to 10 days. it's tough to make a guess as everyone is different.

So to answer your question yes the Sub will help with your Codeine withdrawls, but only for a short time. Hope this helps. God Bless.....Denny
    Im sorry i should have clarified. I took approx .75 mg yesterday morning at 11 am then made it today til 4 pm and took what had to be less that .25. Im talking a speck. I still feel a lil bad, but just enought to get through. so 1 mg total since my last opiate approx 48 hours ago. I might just drop the sub all together and suffer....
    Last edited by lilguy101; 09-21-2011 at 06:34 PM.

Im sorry i should have clarified. I took approx .75 mg yesterday morning at 11 am then made it today til 4 pm and took what had to be less that .25. Im talking a speck. I still feel a lil bad, but just enought to get through. so 1 mg total since my last opiate approx 48 hours ago. I might just drop the sub all together and suffer....
    Thanks for clarifing it. You are still in opiate detox, the Sub is just covering it up. 1mg is a very large amount of Sub actually. The Sub will need to run it's course. As I said earlier it's difficult to say how long as everyones metabolism is different.

It's your call, but if you can tough it out, you can be finished right now as you say. Or if not, you can take a very minimum amount of Sub, maybe 0.25mg for a couple days, then be done.

I suggest being done right now and go cold turkey. Sure you're going to have symptoms for a time, but they should be minor. Hope this helps. God Bless....Denny

freedom11 is offline Advanced Member

Default Welcome

welcome lil guy..75 mg is still a lot!! Have a look at the sub taper sticky - it's under featured drugs, second from top i think. I'm still doing it; I've tapered from 1mg to 0.33 - going down in 25% over about two weeks. That's my experience but Robert, Denny and Henry - and lots of others have loads of experience and knowledge which I don't have. It would help them if you post more info on how much in terms of pills you were on and for how long. Whatever you decide to do there are loads and loads of people here who will support you. Congratulations for making the decision anyway. Love Jay xx

thanks to both^^ I have been on approximately 30-90 mg of percocet (roxi) for 5 months daily. mainly the past two months i have taken them completely throughout the day (from wake - sleep) From what i read this does not seem to be a lot but i still felt with drawal the past month or so when I did not have them. I was going to try to take a minimal amount of sub to get through the first few days. then stop 3-4 daysish (i understand this is not ideal) and then go cold turkey and suffer...I want to be free of this

Quote Originally Posted by freedom11 View Post
    welcome lil guy..75 mg is still a lot!! Have a look at the sub taper sticky - it's under featured drugs, second from top i think. I'm still doing it; I've tapered from 1mg to 0.33 - going down in 25% over about two weeks. That's my experience but Robert, Denny and Henry - and lots of others have loads of experience and knowledge which I don't have. It would help them if you post more info on how much in terms of pills you were on and for how long. Whatever you decide to do there are loads and loads of people here who will support you. Congratulations for making the decision anyway. Love Jay xx
    Are you completely off after two weeks? and did you suffer at all at the end?

freedom11 is offline Advanced Member

Are you completely off after two weeks? and did you suffer at all at the end?
    Hi Lilguy - I'm not off yet; but there are plenty of people who are and have done the sub taper very recently all in slightly different ways like donesub, shrimpboat and moon. Have a look at their threads. On the third/fourth day of each taper down I've had symptons like cold/hot, wobbly bones feeling, not sleeping but then OK and the tapering method suggests you feel stable on one dose before moving down to the next. So, for example, I found yesterday was hard, but feel pretty OK today, just tired and a bit sweaty. However, it is still possible to function this way. If I decided to go down again tomorrow (Thursday day 5 of 0.33) then because of the half life, in my experience so far, I would still be OK and stable until Saturday, then I would feel it again. SO, the theory is that you can still function in your normal life with the taper; have a read of it; see what you think... I hope that helps. PS Big recommendation from EVERYONE is to do something physical when it feels hard. Keep posting. Love Jay xx PPS Sorry, not just when it feels hard, but all the time to get your natural endorphins (things that make you happy and help with pain, I think anyway) going.
    Last edited by freedom11; 09-21-2011 at 07:10 PM. Reason: To add somethign

thanks to both^^ I have been on approximately 30-90 mg of percocet (roxi) for 5 months daily. mainly the past two months i have taken them completely throughout the day (from wake - sleep) From what i read this does not seem to be a lot but i still felt with drawal the past month or so when I did not have them. I was going to try to take a minimal amount of sub to get through the first few days. then stop 3-4 daysish (i understand this is not ideal) and then go cold turkey and suffer...I want to be free of this
    lilguy ..... Here is the link to the Sub Induction and Taper Plan that we use here on the forum.

http://www.drugs.com/forum/featured-...apy-50887.html

You can read and see just how it's done if you choose to stay on the Subs. It has been used by thousands right here on this forum. That's a fact.

That may not be a lot of Percocet as far as dose is concerned, but it sure is a far as withdrawls are. You are going to have them for I would guess about 10 days before you really start to feel well.

As I said before, everyone is different. In your first post you said "Codeine" withdrawls. Now we are talking Percocet/Roxi which is much tougher to deal with.

Anyway if I can help you please let me know. Hope this helps. God Bless.....Denny

lilguy ..... Here is the link to the Sub Induction and Taper Plan that we use here on the forum.

http://www.drugs.com/forum/featured-...apy-50887.html

You can read and see just how it's done if you choose to stay on the Subs. It has been used by thousands right here on this forum. That's a fact.

That may not be a lot of Percocet as far as dose is concerned, but it sure is a far as withdrawls are. You are going to have them for I would guess about 10 days before you really start to feel well.

As I said before, everyone is different. In your first post you said "Codeine" withdrawls. Now we are talking Percocet/Roxi which is much tougher to deal with.

Anyway if I can help you please let me know. Hope this helps. God Bless.....Denny
    In case you decide to just go cold turkey you should try "The Thomas Recipe". It's loaded with many vitamins, minerals, and supplements to help with the withdrawls. In fact it's good to take anytime. Here is the link for it......

http://www.drugs.com/forum/featured-...wal-35169.html

Hope it all works for you and I wish you the best. Like I said, if you need my help I'll be here. God Bless.......Denny

thank you both. i do not think i need suboxone for what i was taking. i will just suffer it out. that has to be the quickest way out of this..... random question but how long does it take the body to fully detox the percocet out of the body if taken daily for 5 months...?

thank you both. i do not think i need suboxone for what i was taking. i will just suffer it out. that has to be the quickest way out of this..... random question but how long does it take the body to fully detox the percocet out of the body if taken daily for 5 months...?
    No one can answer that question. Everyone is different. It's all trial and error. What might take you 10 days, could take someone else 3 days. Some people never even have withdrawl symptoms. Very rarely, but it happens. I know this isn't what you wanted to hear, but it's a fact. Hope this helps. God Bless.....Denny

deleted116 is offline Member

Hi there, I was taking about 150-180 mg of the roxi's until I decided to stop and tapered down to 30 mg a day. My supply abruptly stopped so one day I took 30 and the next day it was just a few crumbs in the morning. I won't go into too much detail here....if you would like you can look up my thread "1st Day Without Anything...help?". It basically outlines how I was feeling from Day 1 on.

There are all sort of WD symptoms and everyone seems to experience them on a different degree. My main symptoms were lack of energy/motivation, lack of sleep and bathroom issues .

Honestly? It wasn't as bad as I made it out in my mind. It was 3 days of physical symptoms. On the 4th day they were pretty much gone, and by the 5th day everything was gone except for the bathroom issues. Can't say the sleep has been excellent, but it's definitely not a lack of sleep. More like I wake up a lot and then just go right back to sleep.

My biggest suggestion is that no matter how poorly you are feeling those first few days, get out there and walk. And listen to music! Walking and listening to my IPod was what I clung to. I felt SO much better during those times of the day. Without it I don't know what I would have done.

If you have any questions let me know. I just past 30 days. At this point the game is all mental. I've had cravings, and I'm battling them. I've been told they lessen, and I'm praying that's true. But believe me, you CAN get past the physical....it won't be that bad.

Well i woke up today feeling better than yesterday. I made it to the gym and actually had a pretty decent workout. The only symptom I have is slight anxiety and shakiness. I have loaded up on immodium so no issues to speak of there. Ive been smoking a lot of cigarettes which i hate but it helps to some degree. And i basically felt NO w/d during my workout. It has been about 65 hours since my last dose of percocet and I truly feel that the sub was such a small dose it has no effect on me. I am anxious to see how I feel the rest of the day, tonight, and tomorrow. I have been using some sleeping pills to help sleep and I have not had many issues there (slept a lot more than usual tho). I have a feeling I am making this out to be more than it is. I have had the flu worse than this before, but not this anxiety.....thanks for the help

deleted116 is offline Member

I think that a lot of times we build up the WD to be worse than it is. I'm not saying that some people don't actually go through hell....but I know for myself that what I was afraid of was not what I went through.

Working out is fantastic.....when I was walking those first couple of days I wouldn't feel any WD symptoms either.

72 hours seems to be a big mark for the WD symptoms. Everything seems to subside a bit and it's like you've gotten over the hump. You are almost there! The anxiety does stink, but just keep up with the exercise and try to push through it. You are doing great!

Quote Originally Posted by moon6748 View Post
    I think that a lot of times we build up the WD to be worse than it is. I'm not saying that some people don't actually go through hell....but I know for myself that what I was afraid of was not what I went through.

Working out is fantastic.....when I was walking those first couple of days I wouldn't feel any WD symptoms either.

72 hours seems to be a big mark for the WD symptoms. Everything seems to subside a bit and it's like you've gotten over the hump. You are almost there! The anxiety does stink, but just keep up with the exercise and try to push through it. You are doing great!
    thanks....well it will be 72 hours in 4/12 hours so i just hope those feelings dont creep back

thanks....well it will be 72 hours in 4/12 hours so i just hope those feelings dont creep back
    lilguy ..... you are doing just great! Congratulations on getting to 72 hours. It's a very big deal. Just keep going in this direction.

Moon is absolutely correct about the exercise. It is one, if not the, best thing you can do while detoxing. I'm not saying run 5 miles. But anything you can do based on your physical condition will help.

Take a walk/run, go for a bike ride, go swimming, or anything to stimulate your endorphines. You will feel so much better. I promise you.

See how you're counting the hours of being clean. Soon you will have 1 week clean. then 2 weeks, and so on. You never have to use again. Keep posting on the forum as that helps so much also. Hope this helps. God Bless....Denny

lilguy ..... you are doing just great! Congratulations on getting to 72 hours. It's a very big deal. Just keep going in this direction.

Moon is absolutely correct about the exercise. It is one, if not the, best thing you can do while detoxing. I'm not saying run 5 miles. But anything you can do based on your physical condition will help.

Take a walk/run, go for a bike ride, go swimming, or anything to stimulate your endorphines. You will feel so much better. I promise you.

See how you're counting the hours of being clean. Soon you will have 1 week clean. then 2 weeks, and so on. You never have to use again. Keep posting on the forum as that helps so much also. Hope this helps. God Bless....Denny
    This is so true. Today woke up with not much energy and still sluggish, not like the past two days tho, and i forced myself to get to the gym after a few cups of coffee. I have always lifted, even while abusing. Literally the first exercise I completed I felt great! My ipod was rocking, pumping me up and I stayed for a solid 45 minutes and even walked for 10 after. After wards I felt a little shakey but I downed a protein shake and within 30 minutes I felt nearly all w/d symptoms gone and still do 3 hours later.....hope nothing creeps back.

This is so true. Today woke up with not much energy and still sluggish, not like the past two days tho, and i forced myself to get to the gym after a few cups of coffee. I have always lifted, even while abusing. Literally the first exercise I completed I felt great! My ipod was rocking, pumping me up and I stayed for a solid 45 minutes and even walked for 10 after. After wards I felt a little shakey but I downed a protein shake and within 30 minutes I felt nearly all w/d symptoms gone and still do 3 hours later.....hope nothing creeps back.
    well it crept back, roughly 4 hours after my gym session. its not as bad as anytime before but i feel it. It comes and goes.....hopefully tomorrow ill be done with the physical symptoms.....

well it crept back, roughly 4 hours after my gym session. its not as bad as anytime before but i feel it. It comes and goes.....hopefully tomorrow ill be done with the physical symptoms.....
    Don't let it tempt you to use. You never have to use again. Keep busy if you can.
    Please keep posting as it really does help. God Bless.....Denny