Which one can cause Weight Gain and Restless Legs
    Miss Prissy is offline New Member

Default Which one can cause Weight Gain and Restless Legs

Medication Problems

I take many medications and have gained about 45 pounds in the last year from one of the drugs I have to take. Can anyone tell me which one it is likely to be causing the problems with weight gain and restless legs in the evening hours.

I have a malignant brain tumor which causes seizures so I take Keppra 500mg 3 times a day, Dilantin 100 mg once at lunch time with the Keppra dose.
    I also take PMS-Clonazepam 1mg in the morning why I don't know

I have Diabetes controled by Avandia 8mg a day and also take Gluconorm 4 mg at each meal.

I have had a partial thyroidectomy and now take Eltroxin 0.1mg once a day

I have had high blood pressure for a long time also and take Micardis and Novo-Hydrazide 13 mg once a day

I am also allergic to myself and have cut down my dose of Apro-Hydroxyzine 25 mgs a day taking it 3 times a day to only one at bedtime.

Which of these drugs will cause weight gain and restless legs:
    Dilantin
    Keppra
    Apro-Hydroxyzine
    Novo-Hydrazide
    Avandia
    Gluconorm
    Eltroxin
    PMS Clonazepam
    I have experienced body swelling,swollen legs, I have seizures from a malignant brain tumor Focal seizures only
    I am Diabetic, have high blood pressure and need to take all these medications for the illnesses I have. I just would like to know which drug has caused me to gain weight even in my face to 45 lbs Total overall.

zippysgoddess is offline Platinum Member

• If you experience any of the following serious side effects, stop taking Dilantin and seek emergency medical attention or contact your doctor immediately:
    · an allergic reaction (difficulty breathing; closing of the throat; swelling of the lips, tongue, or face; or hives);
    · hallucinations;
    · slurred speech or staggering walk;
    · a rash;
    · changes in vision;
    · agitation;
    · low blood pressure;
    · slow or irregular heartbeats;
    · abdominal pain, dark urine, light colored stools, or jaundice (yellow skin or eyes);
    · easy bruising or bleeding; or
    · swollen or tender gums.
    • Other, less serious side effects may be more likely to occur. Continue to take Dilantin and talk to your doctor if you experience
    · nausea, vomiting, constipation, or diarrhea;
    · mild dizziness or drowsiness;
    · tender or swollen glands;
    · swollen or painful gums;
    · headache;
    · muscle twitches;
    · increased facial hair;
    · swelling of breasts, or
    · insomnia.
    • Side effects other than those listed here may also occur. Talk to your doctor about any side effect that seems unusual or that is especially bothersome.

What other drugs will affect Dilantin?
    • The following drugs can increase the level of Dilantin in the blood which may cause dangerous side effects:
    · alcohol (with occasional use);
    · other seizure medicines such as ethosuximide (Zarontin) or methsuximide (Celontin Kapseals);
    · the stomach medicines cimetidine (Tagamet, Tagamet HB) or ranitidine (Zantac, Zantac 75);
    · the anxiety and insomnia medicines chlordiazepoxide (Librium, Librax) and diazepam (Valium);
    · estrogens such as conjugated estrogens (Premarin, Premphase, Prempro), estradiol (Estrace), esterified estrogens (Estratab, Menest), estropipate (Ogen), and estrogen patches (Estraderm, Vivelle, Climara);
    · the heart medicine amiodarone (Cordarone);
    · salicylates such as aspirin, magnesium salicylate (Magan), choline salicylate (Arthropan), and choline and magnesium salicylate (Trilisate);
    · anti-infective medicines such as isoniazid (Nydrazid) and sulfonamides such as sulfamethoxazole (Septra, Bactrim);
    · methylphenidate (Ritalin, Concerta, Metadate, Methylin);
    · tolbutamide;
    · trazodone (Desyrel); and
    · disulfiram (Antabuse).
    • Other drugs may decrease the amount of Dilantin in the blood. This can decrease the effects of Dilantin and result in seizures. The following drugs may have this effect:
    · alcohol (when used regularly);
    · carbamazepine (Tegretol, Epitol, Carbatrol);
    · reserpine;
    · sucralfate (Carafate); and
    · molindone (Moban).
    • Other seizure medicines may interact unpredictably with Dilantin and either increase or decrease its effects. These drugs include
    · valproic acid (Depakene) and divalproex sodium (Depakote); and
    · phenobarbital (Luminal).
    • It may be necessary for your doctor to adjust your Dilantin dosage if you are taking any of the medicines listed above.
    • Dilantin may also decrease the activity of other medicines, including
    · steroid medicines such as prednisone (Deltasone), hydrocortisone (Cortef), betamethasone (Celestone), dexamethasone (Decadron), methylprednisolone (Medrol), and others;
    · warfarin (Coumadin);
    · quinidine (Quinidex, Quinaglute, others);
    · birth control pills;
    · estrogens such as Premarin, Ogen, Menest, Estratest, Estraderm, Vivelle, Climara, and others;
    · the anti-infective medicines rifampin (Rimactane, Rifadin) and doxycycline (Doryx, Vibramycin, Doxy, Monodox, Adoxa, others);
    · furosemide (Lasix); and
    · theophylline (Theo-Dur, Theochron, Theo-Bid, Theolair, Aerolate, others).
    • Drugs other than those listed here may also interact with Dilantin. Talk to your doctor and pharmacist before taking any prescription or over-the-counter medicines, including herbal products.

My information is not guaranteed correct. I do not get them right all the time, but I do enjoy the hunt~

What are the possible side effects of levetiracetam?
    • If you experience any of the following serious side effects, stop taking levetiracetam and seek emergency medical attention or contact your doctor immediately:
    · an allergic reaction (difficulty breathing; closing of the throat; swelling of the lips, tongue, or face; or hives); or
    · increasing frequency or worsening of seizures.
    • Other, less serious side effects may be more likely to occur. Continue to take levetiracetam and talk to your doctor if you experience
    · dizziness;
    · drowsiness;
    · weakness or a loss of strength;
    · poor coordination or difficulty walking; or
    · changes in behavior or mood (agitation, hostility, anxiety, apathy, or depression).
    • Side effects other than those listed here may also occur. Talk to your doctor about any side effect that seems unusual or that is especially bothersome.

What other drugs will affect levetiracetam?
    • Levetiracetam may increase the effects of other drugs that cause drowsiness, including antidepressants, alcohol, antihistamines, sedatives (used to treat insomnia), pain relievers, anxiety medicines, and muscle relaxants. Dangerous sedation, dizziness, or drowsiness may occur if levetiracetam is taken with any of these medications.
    • Drugs other than those listed here may also interact with levetiracetam. Talk to your doctor and pharmacist before taking any prescription or over-the-counter medicines, including herbal products.

My information is not guaranteed correct. I do not get them right all the time, but I do enjoy the hunt~

Apo-Hydroxyzine

http://www.drugs.com/cons/Apo_Hydroxyzine.html

http://canadianbudgetrx.com/canadian...p?DrgID=256465

http://avandia.diabeteslife.com/avandia/?a=164

http://www.rxmed.com/b.main/b2.pharmaceutical/b2.1.monographs/CPS-%20Monographs/CPS-%20(General%20Monographs-%20E)/ELTROXIN.html

http://www.drugs.com/cons/PMS_Clonazepam.html

bharrod is offline New Member

Smile

You can find out all drugs that can cause Restless legs by going to a great website and joining their message boards called www.rls.org. Also, one thing I know for sure that causes Restless legs syndrome in my and many others is: antidepressants, antihistamines, caffeine, cigarettes, and alcohol - FOR SURE!

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Prissy View Post
    Medication Problems

I take many medications and have gained about 45 pounds in the last year from one of the drugs I have to take. Can anyone tell me which one it is likely to be causing the problems with weight gain and restless legs in the evening hours.

I have a malignant brain tumor which causes seizures so I take Keppra 500mg 3 times a day, Dilantin 100 mg once at lunch time with the Keppra dose.
    I also take PMS-Clonazepam 1mg in the morning why I don't know

I have Diabetes controled by Avandia 8mg a day and also take Gluconorm 4 mg at each meal.

I have had a partial thyroidectomy and now take Eltroxin 0.1mg once a day

I have had high blood pressure for a long time also and take Micardis and Novo-Hydrazide 13 mg once a day

I am also allergic to myself and have cut down my dose of Apro-Hydroxyzine 25 mgs a day taking it 3 times a day to only one at bedtime.

Which of these drugs will cause weight gain and restless legs:
    Dilantin
    Keppra
    Apro-Hydroxyzine
    Novo-Hydrazide
    Avandia
    Gluconorm
    Eltroxin
    PMS Clonazepam
    I have experienced body swelling,swollen legs, I have seizures from a malignant brain tumor Focal seizures only
    I am Diabetic, have high blood pressure and need to take all these medications for the illnesses I have. I just would like to know which drug has caused me to gain weight even in my face to 45 lbs Total overall.