• 3 Post By ARTIST658
  • 3 Post By rxqueen83
  • 2 Post By rxqueen83
  • 1 Post By pgcc
  • 2 Post By Anonymous
  • 2 Post By surfdog
  • 1 Post By ARTIST658
  • 1 Post By NoFear23
ohio methadone clinic wont allow my psychiatris treat anxiey?
    Anonymous Guest

Unhappy ohio methadone clinic wont allow my psychiatris treat anxiey?

Hey guys and gals my name is neather and im from columbus ohio and ive been on methadone now for about 4or5 months im doing great as far as not using opiates and not craving them now im currently on 80mgs before i got on the clinic i tried suboxone and that was a complete failure i couldnt stop the cravings!! also before starting done i was on 1mg of klonopin a few times a day usually i took between 2 and 3mgs a day never anymore than that anyhow i had been on that.dose of klonopin for many years without ever abusing it or taking more than prescriped. But when i first got on clinic i was told by clinic dr that i had to quit klonopin so i did with no withdrawl symtoms i thought to myself wow that was easy enough i dont need them boy was i wrong DEAD WRONG these past 2 months has been hell im anxious all the time have trouble sleepingg i feel like im chocking and i absolutaly am sure at any moment know ill die. And then to top that off i also get even stronger full blown panick attacks anyhow i guess my question is if anyone knows of any methadone clinics within like 100 miles from columbus that would accept a patient that has a prescription for benzod thanks for reading!!

Anonymous Guest

thats because most methadone clinics (worldwide) do not let you abuse methadone and benzos. its just a fact. using the both of them is a central nervous depressant. jeez done on its own will do that. only person i know here on a benzo thru the clinic, has it dispensed daily with her methadone so she wont abuse it.

you shouldnt be having anxiety from 80 mg of methadone. and by the way, how long you going to stay on it.... i ask. because i have got trapped on methadone more that once, and it will slowly steal your soul.

i have 25 plus years of iv and drug history, i know what im talking bout.
    Sunny mom and Comeback Kid like this.

Anonymous Guest

Well as far as how long im going to stay on it as of this moment in my life i really have no idea i just dont think i should put a time frame on it but i have accepted the fact tha. t i could possibly be on it indefinatly but we will see what happens and you had said you new of someone that was on a benzo with methadone and they gave it through her once a day with her methadone at least i think thats what you said anyhow if they were to do that with me i would be fine with that it wouldnt bother me one bit also i dont really understand what you mean when you say i shouldnt be having anxiety on 80mgs of methadone because ive had anxiety issues for the majority of my life even before i started the methadone actually before i even began using opiates at all i just wish that my psychiatrist and clinic dr could get on the same page because my psychiatrist is okay with me being on the klonopin anf yes she does know that im on methadone but idk im gonna call around monday and see if i can find another clinic that can help me if not well then i guess ill cross that bridge when i get there thanks for replying though.

Anonymous Guest

are there other ways to work thru this anxiety rather than just throwing more pills at it.??

seems like you are just wanting the pills.. (thats just an observation on the two posts you have made ok)

most clinics and doctors are not keep on opiates and benzos together. you are at high risk of just stopping breathing.

even subs and benzos are frowned upon.
    MP5 likes this.

NoFear23 is offline Junior Member

theyre not letting you use benzos with the methadone for a reason. its not safe at all. ive seen to many friends die from mixing benzos with opiates. mixing those 2 downers is just a death sentence. if you want to stay on the methadone i suggest finding another way to treating your anxiety because in all honesty i would recommend getting back on your DOC before i would recommend mixing benzos with methadone. its really not safe. find other ways to deal with your anxiety. go see a therapist. exercise. eat better. anything but the benzos atleast until your off the methadone. trust me you might feel like youve done it plenty of times and that youll be fine if you continue you doing it. but your wrong. your heart will eventually not be able to take it anymore and just stop.
    surfdog likes this.

Anonymous Guest

agree with you totally nofear. i know young people who have accidentally overdosed on this cocktail. they thought they were all good, under control. knew how much they could handle.

no they didnt. RIP

ARTIST658 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by heatherr81 View Post
    I started out on sub for abt 6 months then switched to methadone because my medical card covered it (it was completely free) so I figured ot would save me a few hundred a month anyhow went back to sub for 6 months then was on the methadone for 6 months then back to subs for a year then had a relapse and took street done for about a month but now am back on the subs and I really feel like the reason I keep doing this is because I miss the warm fuzzy feeling of the methadone that you get about 20 mins after u take it but o have vows to get clean this time for good and have came to this forum for help and support and to read the experiences of others and I also think you are on way too high of a dose of subs how much done were you taking? I myself was on 150mg a day at one point and found it very hard to quit the benzos like xanax due to the intensified high that it gives u I knew I was risking my life mixing the 2 at that high of a dose but I didn't care but I've got too much to live for but I as recently as last week had thoughts of going back to the clinic but I just have cravings thoughts and dreams of the methadone and exspecially with the benzo mix but I'm going to stay strong and finish out with sub and continue counsoling and support groups [B]for me methadone is the devil. Im not saying its not good for some people before I get jumped on I'm just saying its no good for me because I know that it can make me high everyday along with the benzos so I advice u to just stay strong and u really have to wanna be clean for it to work just give it a shot in my case I had to give it several shots but I think I'm finally starting to get it sorry for all the rambling I do that a lot lol but I've found that ultram helps for pain while on subs good luck and god bless you!!

Heather,

This is your own post from 2011. This post makes it very clear exactly what you are seeking. You want to mix the methadone with the klonopin for the "intensified high it gives you" - not for anxiety. This site is NOT the place to seek out help to get high. We're here to HELP others, not to lead them deeper into their addictions.

Methadone and benzos (like klonopin) do NOT mix. It's an exceedingly dangerous combination of 2 drugs that both slow respiration. It's all too easy to drift off to sleep, slip into a coma and die. Yes, it can happen to you. The methadone clinic is not being arbitrarily difficult; they are doing what is safest for their clients.

Also, this site is full of addicts - myself included. Fortunately, I've been in recovery for man years. It's pretty hard for one addict to 'con' another; we see right through it. You were obviously able to 'con' your psychiatrist into believing the klonopin is 'needed' for anxiety. But you aren't conning us.

You are in a very dangerous place, Heather - and it's like playing russian roulette with your life. It won't end well. We aren't judging you - we just know addiction. You need to take a good hard look at yourself - and make a decision of how you want to spend your life on this earth. Right now, you're barely surviving, trying to numb out everything you don't want to deal with, and ever-chasing a higher high. We did the same thing. But at some point, we made the decision to turn our lives around. It isn't easy, it isn't quick - but it is absolutely 1000% worth every effort. We'd be happy to help you, if you choose you want a full, meaningful life without drugs.

You'll be in my prayers, Heather.

God bless,
    Ruth
    MP5, surfdog and ClassiqueMom like this.

You will know the truth - and only the truth can set you free.

rxqueen83 is offline Member

Heather,
    My name is Nadia. On 3-4-07 I woke up in the hospital with my familly starting at me in the ICU, not knowing how I got there. Scary enough, 70MG of Methadone treatment daily for 2.5 months and ONE MG of Klonopin had put me into such a state of relaxed breathing, my husband found me purple in bed, making choking noises. I was not concious. I do not remember paramedics, or being taken to the ICU. My Physician told me I had "knocked on heaven's door" that day and was lucky to be alive, unscathed. They scanned me for brain damage and everything. You think you'll be okay, you think your an exception, I thought so too. I thought I had the tolerance of a horse and nothing could put me down. Boy was I wrong. Don't play those games. Get on something safer for anxiety.

Nadia
    surfdog, Comeback Kid and MP5 like this.
    COMPLETELY CLEAN (Sub FREE) as of 7/20/12

"I don't like the drugs, but the drugs LIKE ME" Marilyn Manson

And Heather, I agree. The reason people mix those drugs is to get high. I was WRECKED! I don't even remember riding home from the clinic. I lost my license for two years cause I got in SO many accidents. Fell asleep at the wheel more than once. I'm lucky to be alive. I hope you understand and believe me. I am darn lucky to still be here.
    ClassiqueMom and surfdog like this.

pgcc is offline Member

I was on methadone in NY for 6 years on 3 different clinics in that time and all three allowed me to be on kolonopin as long as I had a prescription. I know what people are saying, most people on meth clinics take benzos to get wrecked, esp. xanax. But I took the kolonopin as you said 2-3 1mgs a day and never had any problem at all and I went as high as 120mgs of methadone at one point. As has been said earlier, you may think methadone is saving your life right now, and it may be doing that at the moment, but long term methadone use will most likely put you in a worse position then you started. Methadone saved me because I couldn't stop doing opiates but over time I couldn't get off of it because its the hardest opiate to get off of. Over time I turned into a worthless zombie who went to the meth pg 5 days a week and did not do much else. My life stopped for 6 years basically. I so wanted off the Meth at the end I was seriously condiering suicide, honestly. However, I got on suboxone over 3 weeks ago and haven't been back to the clinic since. Just telling you what could happen. I would, if I could do it over again, have made the methadone a quick detox tool rather than a maintanance program.
    ClassiqueMom likes this.

Anonymous Guest

ah heather ay. busted out by us drug addicts. yup. you are just trying to con your shrink into giving you legit benzos to add to your cocktail to get high...

slippery slope..... ruth got ya good. researching old post. i thought i could smell a rat as well...

ya cant con a bunch of drug addicts girl. we see right thru you..

like ruth suggests, take a long hard look at your 'anxiety' (yeh right) and why you still want to do this to yourself. i truly hope you 'get it' before it 'gets you'

im not joking either. i DO KNOW of people who died accidentally doing the same thing you are... its no fun.
    Sunny mom and MP5 like this.

surfdog is offline Senior Member

Heather as the Chinese say"keep chasing the dragon, eventually he will turn on you" Dog
    ClassiqueMom and rxqueen83 like this.

ARTIST658 is offline Platinum Member

Dear Heather,

I see you've changed your name from "heatherr81" to "anonymous", now. We really aren't your enemy, Heather - we aren't the ones you need to avoid. I didn't research your history so I could do a "gotcha" - I looked to see where you're coming from with your question here.

Your actions could have lethal consequences. You've been on this merry-go-round with methadone and benzos for quite a while. It's going to bite you in the butt. This is no way to live. Search your soul, I know this way of life can't be making you happy. If you want help, we're here.

God bless,
    Ruth
    ClassiqueMom likes this.

You will know the truth - and only the truth can set you free.

Don't ever try to con a bunch of druggies. You can't con a con artist. You can con Dr's and Shrinks, but not us. We are cunning, quick witted, sly and everything in between. Value the life God has given you and don't play with fire. Your going to get burnt!

pgcc is offline Member

Wow, she got real upset, deleted her account or something? I don't think anyone was too hard her.

NoFear23 is offline Junior Member

when your still doing drugs you dont want to hear the truth. you want to hear what sounds good and easy. you dont want to hear about what your doing wrong. you just want to get high and block out anything that would be against getting high. when shes ready she'll stop. but until then theres nothing any one of us can do. she has to want it. and until she wants it more then anything else. only then will she stop.
    rxqueen83 likes this.

Your darn right Nofear...hopefully she will be able to reconsider before she's hovering over her own funeral. Where does addiction lead? Jail, institutions and death. No specific order.