Off suboxone for 28 days-major side effects
    shelley2977 is offline Junior Member

Default Off suboxone for 28 days-major side effects

Hi everyone, my heart goes out to all that are trying to get off of suboxone. do not give up as i never thought i could do it. i was on it for 2 1/2 years and on norco for the 3 years prior to the suboxone.
    i am 28 days off and feel like ********. deep cough, sneezing, asthma, exhaustion, 5 hours of sleep nightly, are just a few of side effects.
    is there anyone out there who has been off for 3 or 4 months and can tell me if this is common? what are the most common withdrawal symtoms that i will feel?
    thanks for any help.
    shelley

saggle is offline New Member

Default Hang in there

I've been on subs for a year and I'm sorry to say this but your post scares the sh@#$it out of me. What was your dosage for most of that 2 1/2 years? I know you'll get through it....you have to have faith.

matt4848 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by shelley2977 View Post
    Hi everyone, my heart goes out to all that are trying to get off of suboxone. do not give up as i never thought i could do it. i was on it for 2 1/2 years and on norco for the 3 years prior to the suboxone.
    i am 28 days off and feel like ********. deep cough, sneezing, asthma, exhaustion, 5 hours of sleep nightly, are just a few of side effects.
    is there anyone out there who has been off for 3 or 4 months and can tell me if this is common? what are the most common withdrawal symtoms that i will feel?
    thanks for any help.
    shelley
    Shelly.

I am 49 days off suboxone, and I know what your talking about - and it gets better. It feels hard right now, I know it feels like things should be better by now - but just give yourself more time - it gets better everyday -

I know the exhanstion you speak of and the sneezing and coughing - they get better, suboxone is... well its different and IMHO harder to quit. But it does get better, just give yourself more time and more healing. Work out, drink fluids, eat, eat like crazy - your body needs nourtishment more than anything.

Being 28 days - you can do this - keep going. Its very hard to break at the start but I swear it gets better.

Matt4848
    Last edited by matt4848; 08-19-2009 at 04:11 AM.

shelley2977 is offline Junior Member

Default thanks for the support

matt, thanks so much for the suppport. i have been eating like crazy and in fact gained 14 pounds in the 30 days.
    for the newcomer who has been on for 2 years i do not mean to scare you. i was on 8mg in the beginning ( 2 1/2 yrs ago)but i got myself down to 1 mg for almost 6 or 7 months before going into a rehab for 14 days. they took me off right away so maybe that is why i am having these side effects.
    i do not miss the suboxone one bit. my life has changed drastically. i have energy and now i laugh more.i have no doubt that suboxone is the devil.
    i know this to shall pass, all the bad stuff. i have lots of joint pain too. i am 52 and a recent cancer surviver so i might have some other issues that the normal person might not have.
    they have a taper plan here and i suggest you start cutting down. i don't really think anyone needs to be on 10 or 15mg of suboxone. i think doctors do not know how to prescribe it. just my opinion. my doc would have had me stay on for the rest of my life if he could have. he refused to help me get off of the ********.
    again, matt thanks so much for letting me know it will get better. i needed to read that.
    regards to all and god bless everone who is trying to get clean.

matt4848 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by shelley2977 View Post
    matt, thanks so much for the suppport. i have been eating like crazy and in fact gained 14 pounds in the 30 days.

for the newcomer who has been on for 2 years i do not mean to scare you. i was on 8mg in the beginning ( 2 1/2 yrs ago)but i got myself down to 1 mg for almost 6 or 7 months before going into a rehab for 14 days. they took me off right away so maybe that is why i am having these side effects.

i do not miss the suboxone one bit. my life has changed drastically. i have energy and now i laugh more.i have no doubt that suboxone is the devil.
    i know this to shall pass, all the bad stuff. i have lots of joint pain too. i am 52 and a recent cancer surviver so i might have some other issues that the normal person might not have.
    they have a taper plan here and i suggest you start cutting down. i don't really think anyone needs to be on 10 or 15mg of suboxone. i think doctors do not know how to prescribe it. just my opinion. my doc would have had me stay on for the rest of my life if he could have. he refused to help me get off of the ********.
    again, matt thanks so much for letting me know it will get better. i needed to read that.
    regards to all and god bless everone who is trying to get clean.
    Shelly -

14 pounds- that is AWESOME! That means your body (like mine up 25 pounds since quitting) is getting better, ANYTIME you gain weight - it means your giving your body the nourishment it needs -

It doesnt matter how long you were on it, ALL that really truly matters is that you are doing it - that you are getting through the ******** it causes.

Plain and simple - (and I hope not to scare) suboxone is a mother****** and it will make you feel like you cannot beat it, BUT YOU CAN.

We have all done stupid s*** and well.. we can all get past it - including you.

The only thing that has been true to me - is that you gain a piece of yourself, a day at a time.

Matt4848 - Doing what you are, just a few weeks ahead - and having beaten opiates once, believe me it gets so much better, it just takes time.